First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply TEKKEN: MOVIE
RPR
23076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CHILLIN IN THE MA
Offline
Posted 12/13/07
they ae making so many live action movies recently first dragonball z now tekken man so many movies and goldberg is gonna be in both lol
Sage
crucix 
736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / in someone else's...
Offline
Posted 12/14/07

sacredmoon wrote:

Bottom line: I hope the plot is good......


yup hopefully... cause more or less... games turned into movies... have generically shallow plots... not that i blame writers... cause they need to untangled some deep concepts for non-gamer viewers... i believe they want to increase their market ...
but if you have to shallow... gamers and both viewers would totally trash it...
so hopefully the writers are skillful enough to find the middle... shallow enough for non-gamers to understand... and deep enough to be enjoyed by avid players/gamers...
its kinda hard though to put 6 tekken series into a more or less, two hour movie... so in my opinion they are gonna create an alternate story.... kinda like x-men
Posted 12/15/07

crucix wrote:


sacredmoon wrote:

Bottom line: I hope the plot is good......


yup hopefully... cause more or less... games turned into movies... have generically shallow plots... not that i blame writers... cause they need to untangled some deep concepts for non-gamer viewers... i believe they want to increase their market ...
but if you have to shallow... gamers and both viewers would totally trash it...
so hopefully the writers are skillful enough to find the middle... shallow enough for non-gamers to understand... and deep enough to be enjoyed by avid players/gamers...
its kinda hard though to put 6 tekken series into a more or less, two hour movie... so in my opinion they are gonna create an alternate story.... kinda like x-men


I agree with you 100%. I wish writers realize that video game movies are meant to please the gamer crowd, not some group of five year olds who only want to watch it for the character appearance and fight scenes. For example, the Dead or Alive movie. Thank God I didn't see it, but I heard that it was so bad that it looked like a retarded fanfiction some little boy wrote. I hope Tekken doesn't fall into the "game movies gone WRONG!"
Sage
crucix 
736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / in someone else's...
Offline
Posted 12/15/07

sacredmoon wrote:


crucix wrote:


sacredmoon wrote:

Bottom line: I hope the plot is good......


yup hopefully... cause more or less... games turned into movies... have generically shallow plots... not that i blame writers... cause they need to untangled some deep concepts for non-gamer viewers... i believe they want to increase their market ...
but if you have to shallow... gamers and both viewers would totally trash it...
so hopefully the writers are skillful enough to find the middle... shallow enough for non-gamers to understand... and deep enough to be enjoyed by avid players/gamers...
its kinda hard though to put 6 tekken series into a more or less, two hour movie... so in my opinion they are gonna create an alternate story.... kinda like x-men


I agree with you 100%. I wish writers realize that video game movies are meant to please the gamer crowd, not some group of five year olds who only want to watch it for the character appearance and fight scenes. For example, the Dead or Alive movie. Thank God I didn't see it, but I heard that it was so bad that it looked like a retarded fanfiction some little boy wrote. I hope Tekken doesn't fall into the "game movies gone WRONG!"


uhu... welll i hope they find a good writer... and that will be kinda hard... right now especially that the writer's guild is still on strike... oh well.... yup i also heard of DOA.... very... uhmmm i don't really know what to call it... hehe...
Posted 12/15/07

RPR wrote:

they ae making so many live action movies recently first dragonball z now tekken man so many movies and goldberg is gonna be in both lol



wat tha...goldberg = napa and goldberg= marduk...
Posted 12/16/07

crucix wrote:


sacredmoon wrote:


crucix wrote:


sacredmoon wrote:

Bottom line: I hope the plot is good......


yup hopefully... cause more or less... games turned into movies... have generically shallow plots... not that i blame writers... cause they need to untangled some deep concepts for non-gamer viewers... i believe they want to increase their market ...
but if you have to shallow... gamers and both viewers would totally trash it...
so hopefully the writers are skillful enough to find the middle... shallow enough for non-gamers to understand... and deep enough to be enjoyed by avid players/gamers...
its kinda hard though to put 6 tekken series into a more or less, two hour movie... so in my opinion they are gonna create an alternate story.... kinda like x-men


I agree with you 100%. I wish writers realize that video game movies are meant to please the gamer crowd, not some group of five year olds who only want to watch it for the character appearance and fight scenes. For example, the Dead or Alive movie. Thank God I didn't see it, but I heard that it was so bad that it looked like a retarded fanfiction some little boy wrote. I hope Tekken doesn't fall into the "game movies gone WRONG!"


uhu... welll i hope they find a good writer... and that will be kinda hard... right now especially that the writer's guild is still on strike... oh well.... yup i also heard of DOA.... very... uhmmm i don't really know what to call it... hehe...


Yeah, really. But I don't blame the writers for going on strike. Maybe they will find that "oh-so-special" writer....... *crosses fingers*
Sage
crucix 
736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / in someone else's...
Offline
Posted 12/16/07

sacredmoon wrote:


crucix wrote:


sacredmoon wrote:


crucix wrote:


sacredmoon wrote:

Bottom line: I hope the plot is good......


yup hopefully... cause more or less... games turned into movies... have generically shallow plots... not that i blame writers... cause they need to untangled some deep concepts for non-gamer viewers... i believe they want to increase their market ...
but if you have to shallow... gamers and both viewers would totally trash it...
so hopefully the writers are skillful enough to find the middle... shallow enough for non-gamers to understand... and deep enough to be enjoyed by avid players/gamers...
its kinda hard though to put 6 tekken series into a more or less, two hour movie... so in my opinion they are gonna create an alternate story.... kinda like x-men


I agree with you 100%. I wish writers realize that video game movies are meant to please the gamer crowd, not some group of five year olds who only want to watch it for the character appearance and fight scenes. For example, the Dead or Alive movie. Thank God I didn't see it, but I heard that it was so bad that it looked like a retarded fanfiction some little boy wrote. I hope Tekken doesn't fall into the "game movies gone WRONG!"


uhu... welll i hope they find a good writer... and that will be kinda hard... right now especially that the writer's guild is still on strike... oh well.... yup i also heard of DOA.... very... uhmmm i don't really know what to call it... hehe...


Yeah, really. But I don't blame the writers for going on strike. Maybe they will find that "oh-so-special" writer....... *crosses fingers*


haha... keep crossing your fingers... yea i don't blame the writers... its just hard to frind balance between profit and capital in making a show.... especially when it comes to profit-hogging producers.... anyway back to tekken... yea... and i think it will need a big budget to have the effects needed... well unless you want them pixelized or looking really fake... haha... ahh i guess al we could do is just cross fingers *crossing fingers too* hehe
Posted 12/17/07
it's going to be interesting i think
5464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home for the holi...
Offline
Posted 1/3/08
I really hope it will be interesting or else I'll trash it and I'll trash GOOD.....maybe I'm overexaggerating but really,I hope it turned out well.

I think to make it interesting and understandable,it'll have to be in separate movies,for example,the events in Tekken 1 and a little bit of Tekken 2 in the first movie,continuation of Tekken 2 in second movie(story in Tekken 2 is long) till the scene where Heihachi threw Kazuya into the mountain(that would be a great ending....or climax).The story of Jin and Ogre in the third movie(growing up,attacked,learning from Heihachi,fighting Hwoarang,etc)with the awakening of Jin as a climax.
And the continuations(I'm too lazy to type).
Also,in all the movies,what happened at the characters can be a good epilogue.
Shihan
24732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 1/12/08
sound cool Tony Jaa should be in the movie

just PLEAZ dont fuck up the movie like Marvel does, NO cameron diaz, etc as Nina, i will fuckin shot somebody if that happens!!
Posted 4/12/08

lol.. well honestly, for me, i dont want that kind of movie.. i like CG type better.. like the usual cinematics on tekken.. what do you think?



yeah CG looks waaayy better than live action, and finding the actors who looks like the characters and fight like the characters aren't easy to find.
Shihan
1119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/20/08
here's a cast... it's just what I think it would be.,, it will be cool if it is.!!


sorry if small.. just save it and zoom it!
Sage
14671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Under the Light
Offline
Posted 4/21/08

tsukishirokun wrote:

here's a cast... it's just what I think it would be.,, it will be cool if it is.!!


sorry if small.. just save it and zoom it!


awesome cast line-up
Posted 4/28/08
omg a Tekken movie will rock!

It could be like a seperate story type film, with all the character's stories and they all enter the King Of Iron Fist Tournament! Just like the game... lol YEEEEY!
Shihan
18972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 5/3/08

nightofthesun wrote:


tsukishirokun wrote:

here's a cast... it's just what I think it would be.,, it will be cool if it is.!!


sorry if small.. just save it and zoom it!


awesome cast line-up


yo that shit would be crazy if that was the cast
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.