First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
how do u stay hooked to a mmo?
21839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cary, North Carolina
Offline
Posted 8/17/08 , edited 8/17/08
i have played alot of mmorpgs but i alway quit at lv 20 can u help stay hooked to one game plzs i need tips that will help me stay hooked
2704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/17/08
quests... maybe
Get a million of money in the game ... lol
Collect items
or just the grinding of getting higher lvls and skills
11232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia.
Offline
Posted 8/17/08

lionxi wrote:

quests... maybe
Get a million of money in the game ... lol
Collect items
or just the grinding of getting higher lvls and skills


For me, those are the most boring parts of a game.

The fun part is when you are a high level, have what ever you need to do what ever you want so you can do what ever you want. Be that killing people, killing high level bosses. w/e

2704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/17/08

slowdude wrote:


lionxi wrote:

quests... maybe
Get a million of money in the game ... lol
Collect items
or just the grinding of getting higher lvls and skills


For me, those are the most boring parts of a game.

The fun part is when you are a high level, have what ever you need to do what ever you want so you can do what ever you want. Be that killing people, killing high level bosses. w/e




lol
U might be right.......... to be honest i typed in anything that mmo came to my head ...

7466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/08
This is really sad...

You gotta have friends to play with,that will keep you hooked.

Since your not hooked on an mmo that must mean you dont have any friends.
215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Liverpool, United...
Offline
Posted 8/17/08

killerman1000 wrote:

i have played alot of mmorpgs but i alway quit at lv 20 can u help stay hooked to one game plzs i need tips that will help me stay hooked


You might just not be the sort of person who can stay interested in them. Let's face it, they leave a lot to be desired in terms on any storyline. It's always some cheap fantasy rubbish involving either goblins, orks or dragons. Quest's aren't intesting, they just implemented to give the player some sort of objective whilst killing things, rather than just killing things for no apparent reason. Either kill a pig and get a magic punkin and return it to old farmer jack in the middle of nowhere, or get the "Sword of Destiny" which another 10,000 people have got before you on the same quest.

How many times have you seen the 'same' landscape and setting over and over again. They're generally always set in a western orientated dungeons and dragon's virtual world no matter how pretty it looks and the extentisity of it; the experience feels hollow. There is so much area, but not much to really do in it.
They're only sort of interesting if you are playing with a friend often. Other than that it just seems like a big waste of time on a game that you will really see no end to, and all you have to do is grind more and more to really what end?
2040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Michigan USA
Offline
Posted 8/17/08
it's all about cash dude lvl is not really that important for me because once u have the cash just go buy some overpower equipments then just start grindin xD

just go buy some ingame money in real life xD
467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / CAUSA
Offline
Posted 8/17/08
Staying with friends doing some really outrageous things in the game. Legally of course. I mean it gets boring if you just meet up with random people and say, "Hey guyz, want to kill boss?"


Oh, and if it's got totally new concepts that no one has ever done, yeah.
3062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Inside an Oven
Offline
Posted 8/17/08
yeah... getting hooked on a mmo depends on your friends.... even on high levels you are still gonna grind a lot, still be wishing for some uber equipment, and still having a tough time with monsters, and still wishing for more money... it never ends. Having fun with your friends make it worthwhile...
57248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / ...........
Offline
Posted 8/17/08
played mmo for 3 yrs now..... the longest time i stay on a mmo is 1 yr and its on ragnarok online now ... free mmo sucks !!! i want the old mmo mmo today is like a copy of another .



anyway i stay on a mmo deppending if i have a active guild or not
Qoheed 
59078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 8/17/08

DarkNightAngel wrote:

Staying with friends doing some really outrageous things in the game. Legally of course. I mean it gets boring if you just meet up with random people and say, "Hey guyz, want to kill boss?"


Oh, and if it's got totally new concepts that no one has ever done, yeah.


This.

Friends go a long way in MMOs for me; if I miss a day without prior notice, I have about three different people texting me, asking if I'm dead in a ditch.
1637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Croatia
Offline
Posted 8/17/08 , edited 8/17/08

Qoheed wrote:

DarkNightAngel wrote:

Staying with friends doing some really outrageous things in the game. Legally of course. I mean it gets boring if you just meet up with random people and say, "Hey guyz, want to kill boss?"
Oh, and if it's got totally new concepts that no one has ever done, yeah.

This.

Friends go a long way in MMOs for me; if I miss a day without prior notice, I have about three different people texting me, asking if I'm dead in a ditch.

Agreed - if you're a loner you're probably in the wrong genre anyway (I understand the need to go solo sometimes, hell I do it, but there are certain people who never/rarely interact with others and just rush through the game only to complain latter on how game sucks... providing no reasoning, of course).

@ OP:
On the other hand, you know "hooked" has negative connotations?
5719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/08 , edited 8/17/08
Are you fucking kidding me?

The point of an MMO is to get and keep you hooked, thats how they make money.

If you can't manage to keep playing after finding a good one then you seriously lack the resolve to do anything worthwhile in your life.
21839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cary, North Carolina
Offline
Posted 8/17/08

zane14785 wrote:

This is really sad...

You gotta have friends to play with,that will keep you hooked.

Since your not hooked on an mmo that must mean you dont have any friends.


no i have alot of friends but when i go on the same game they are on they are not on the time im on which makes it boring
21839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cary, North Carolina
Offline
Posted 8/17/08

voidlugiron wrote:

Are you fucking kidding me?

The point of an MMO is to get and keep you hooked, thats how they make money.

If you can't manage to keep playing after finding a good one then you seriously lack the resolve to do anything worthwhile in your life.


no the reason i quit is cause when i play the game and my friends play it to but they never go on and i start to get bored of just killing to lv i would say playing with a friend is a hell of alot more fun
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.