First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Poke fun at my own people
8021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Insert Semi-Cleve...
Offline
Posted 3/21/07

HokiePokie wrote:

Also America does have a crap load of idiots, but probably not that much as the video portrayed. Ask Ghetto people questions of intelligence, you'll get none. Ask normal people, you'll get something . But ask some smart guy, you'll get something real good.



Ghetto people?
Normal people? (how do you classify 'Abnormal'?)
Smart 'GUY'? (what about females?)

and that video had a cross section of the population, young/old, male/female, white/coloured.

^ queenbee, calm down babes....
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 3/21/07

azrael910 wrote:


ahojcookie wrote:

large masses of stupid people = third reich


Well so-so. The Nazi's only came into power because there were so many competeing political parties that were very similar to each other. So even though 75+% of germany voted against the the nazi's, they still had a majority of the votes with so many parties competing for power. And as soon as they came into power, the nazi's tossed all their oponents in jail (or worse). Now with nobody left to compete with, they were essentially a runaway train.



yeah, you're actually right. I was just being lazy with that equation once again. but my point was to show how dangerous the masses can get, given they were made/allowed to believe they are superior and most important given they felt they could not be judged/punished by other powers, which pretty much applies to the majority of war supporters in america. anyway, if i remeber correctly, one of the reasons the nazis made it, was the one you mentioned, however it wouldn't have worked out the way it did, if people hadn't one by one fallen for this new power, turning into the majority.
4883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Sask-at-chew-an,...
Offline
Posted 3/21/07

Deceptive_Cadence wrote:

Being an American is frustrating...I mean I have so many things to complain about...I couldn't even fit it all in one thread...and I keep going on insane tangents...maybe I'll post again later after I collect myself.


Then move? You can get Citzenship in another country if you really are frusterated with being american.

As for Hokiepokie... Yea rhynny and queenbee are right about the normal and abnormal classification. But also Just because someone grew up in a Ghetto doesnt mean they are stupid. I would bet that there are people in the ghetto that are a hell of alot smarter then you and me. But you would classify them as stupid because they are from a ghetto? That's really ignorant. I suppose from your point of veiw none of them would be white? In fact I bet when you say the word Ghetto you instantly think of 2 black people doing drugs and shooting at each other. Now I'm going to count to 10 and cool down abit because that was the most frusterating thing I've read all day.
1929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Popsicle stick
Offline
Posted 3/21/07
screw all of you guys. No matter what you say about our country, America still kicks ass.
1857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Singapore East
Offline
Posted 3/21/07
Singapore's fine, i guess
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 3/21/07
Yeah, calm down everyone, Hokie Pokie's just being frustrated.
5986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / lazing in England
Offline
Posted 3/21/07

rocklee101 wrote:

screw all of you guys. No matter what you say about our country, America still kicks ass.
Poor donkey.

8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/21/07
Well, as someone said in my sociology class, the reason why most people wouldn't know some of that stuff is because it's not important, I mean finding korea on a map is not as important as learning how to pay bills

the fact of the matter is, some of that stuff does not pertain to putting food on the table, gettin clothes on your kids, or finding a job, I have an IQ of 126 and have a good amount of useless info that nobody else has, my dad is smarter but doesn't know most of what I do, why? (check aforementioned reasons)

the fact of the matter is most americans are smart, they pay bills on time, pay taxes, keep clothes on their kids backs, and food on the table, as long as you can do those things, who gives a rat's ass about all that useless info
843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Cambridge
Offline
Posted 3/21/07

abel89 wrote:

Well, as someone said in my sociology class, the reason why most people wouldn't know some of that stuff is because it's not important, I mean finding korea on a map is not as important as learning how to pay bills

the fact of the matter is, some of that stuff does not pertain to putting food on the table, gettin clothes on your kids, or finding a job, I have an IQ of 126 and have a good amount of useless info that nobody else has, my dad is smarter but doesn't know most of what I do, why? (check aforementioned reasons)

the fact of the matter is most americans are smart, they pay bills on time, pay taxes, keep clothes on their kids backs, and food on the table, as long as you can do those things, who gives a rat's ass about all that useless info



u are right in a way, but also people shud know about these things as they pertain to your own government.....how will you vote for the next election then? maybe a lot of people use the ine-mini-myni-mo.....but that way is irresponsible. and besides, those 'useless' information are always mentioned in the newspapers and by the newscaster everyday....serious papers that is and not tabloids....
i am more worried about one of the people saying that america can make a whole 'crater' in the middle east for all he cares....its a very narrow-minded view that shouldn't be voiced at all.
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / in NewYork
Offline
Posted 3/21/07
well its true...America does hav the weaponary that can do that but some ppl in America dont rlly care about politics what u say is true but most americans put priorty first im sure a good percentage of America reads the newspaper and watches the news its not that they dont care about what happens in the world they jus gota do what needs to be done first its sad but true even that dude( p.diddy i think) did the "Vote or Die" campaign to try n get more younger ppl to vote and i dont think he even voted himself
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 3/21/07
queenbee,of course it should be voiced, you're demanding freedom of speech as well, aren't you?also we wouldn't know there's these narrow minded people in the u.s. and everywhere else if they wouldn't be voiced.

abel89, what you said is correct, ignorant, lazy and materialistic. If you manage to get clothes on your children's back you should be able to tell where they're from, certainly not the u.s..Also, calling information useless means it's wasted on you. the reason why people everywhere demand for more information is it's essential for achieving anything, good or bad. the people that hold power hold information others can't access. People who say information is useless since it doesn't feed them are sheep.
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/21/07

ahojcookie wrote:

queenbee,of course it should be voiced, you're demanding freedom of speech as well, aren't you?also we wouldn't know there's these narrow minded people in the u.s. and everywhere else if they wouldn't be voiced.

abel89, what you said is correct, ignorant, lazy and materialistic. If you manage to get clothes on your children's back you should be able to tell where they're from, certainly not the u.s..Also, calling information useless means it's wasted on you. the reason why people everywhere demand for more information is it's essential for achieving anything, good or bad. the people that hold power hold information others can't access. People who say information is useless since it doesn't feed them are sheep.


putting clothes on your kids back is not lazy or materialistic, it's hard work, asking your rich daddy to buy a Benz is lazy and materialistic, people who think like this are not narrow minded, they just have their priorities straight and are taking care of their own

and I don't call what I know useless info, my family does, and so what if people like that are considered sheep, if their taking care of their business and responsibilities then so be it, they're sheep
1314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Where you are not...
Offline
Posted 3/21/07

queenbee wrote:

yes, i do admit that u've reach the top of the ladder....through the hard work of your ancestors and the people who wanted a better america...but now that u've reach that level, people in position of power in the american government should ask themselves how the US can maintain that position in the future? by giving crap education to the future leaders of tomorrow???
if u let urself be cocky and think arrogantly that ur the best then one of these days sum1 will come along and snatch the position right out of ur grasp without u even noticing it......notice the growing economy of china.......


Alright, i totally agree with you.
On the other hand though...
Do you seriously think america will let someone else snatch the position just like that?
I highly.. VERY Highly... doubt they will do so. Like you said, the economy in china is growing, but when it reaches a position to where it might surpass the US's, i'm pretty sure the US will do something about it. The gov. may say that their growing economy will hurt ours, or something really retarded to get the message out that we are the only ones who can have the top economy...

I just want you ppl to note... (not that all americans are greedy... (though a lot of them are)), Once a person gets used to their life style, they want to keep it. Just about everyone hates a change in their life style or way of living. They like living at the "top", so they want to stay at the "top".
843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Cambridge
Offline
Posted 3/21/07

Darknesshade wrote:


queenbee wrote:

yes, i do admit that u've reach the top of the ladder....through the hard work of your ancestors and the people who wanted a better america...but now that u've reach that level, people in position of power in the american government should ask themselves how the US can maintain that position in the future? by giving crap education to the future leaders of tomorrow???
if u let urself be cocky and think arrogantly that ur the best then one of these days sum1 will come along and snatch the position right out of ur grasp without u even noticing it......notice the growing economy of china.......


Alright, i totally agree with you.
On the other hand though...
Do you seriously think america will let someone else snatch the position just like that?
I highly.. VERY Highly... doubt they will do so. Like you said, the economy in china is growing, but when it reaches a position to where it might surpass the US's, i'm pretty sure the US will do something about it. The gov. may say that their growing economy will hurt ours, or something really retarded to get the message out that we are the only ones who can have the top economy...

I just want you ppl to note... (not that all americans are greedy... (though a lot of them are)), Once a person gets used to their life style, they want to keep it. Just about everyone hates a change in their life style or way of living. They like living at the "top", so they want to stay at the "top".


i understand wat ur trying to say...but generally (not every1 tho) people at the top gets lazy and make mistakes that people at the bottom takes advantage of....even if they want to stay at the top, if they have no support like for example an educated population that supports the system, then there is nothing they can do if sum1 better comes along.
1314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Where you are not...
Offline
Posted 3/21/07

abel89 wrote:


ahojcookie wrote:

queenbee,of course it should be voiced, you're demanding freedom of speech as well, aren't you?also we wouldn't know there's these narrow minded people in the u.s. and everywhere else if they wouldn't be voiced.

abel89, what you said is correct, ignorant, lazy and materialistic. If you manage to get clothes on your children's back you should be able to tell where they're from, certainly not the u.s..Also, calling information useless means it's wasted on you. the reason why people everywhere demand for more information is it's essential for achieving anything, good or bad. the people that hold power hold information others can't access. People who say information is useless since it doesn't feed them are sheep.


putting clothes on your kids back is not lazy or materialistic, it's hard work, asking your rich daddy to buy a Benz is lazy and materialistic, people who think like this are not narrow minded, they just have their priorities straight and are taking care of their own

and I don't call what I know useless info, my family does, and so what if people like that are considered sheep, if their taking care of their business and responsibilities then so be it, they're sheep


Priorities along the line of taking care of their lives with food, clothing, and shelter... Yes, that is what Americans do...

But then again... Isn't that would everyone else would do if it were possible? Look at africa... They have children walking around at the age of 3 with no parents or anyone in relation, nor a shelter for that matter.

I think when it comes down to this "useless information", it's really based off opinion. Useless information for me is like a news report on TV about some dumb pop star who got married for the 600th time in a day... =X
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.