First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Wii, XBox360 or PS3?
9699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Around... You sme...
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
Lol. Sound like Audi0slave really wants people to tell him he made the right choice. Personally, I wouldn't go for the PS3. Played on my friend's for a while, wasn't impressed. I haven't seen any games come out for that console only that would make me want to by it either. As for the Wii, I know a lot of people that have them, and I've played on it multiple times. Its really fun...but I lost interest in it after a short while. The only game I didn't completely tire of was Brawl. I'd go with the 360. I have one, and its really sweet. For games, I reccomend Fable 2 which coming out REALLY soon (amazing RPG...I'm so excited!), Ninja Gaiden 2, Gears of war, Soul Calibur IV and my favorites, Halo 1, 2 & 3 (which you haven't lived until you've played).
1744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Lowell
Offline
Posted 8/22/08 , edited 8/22/08

audi0slave wrote:

This is my cut and paste answer.. Also this question is so often!!!

PS3 will win the console war, no doubt. Xbox 360 and Wii are so weak from technological point of view, that in couple of years they won't be capable of dealing with serious graphics. GTA IV, for instance, isn't even announced for Wii - this toy won't be able to cope with the game's requirements. Xbox 360 is getting GTA IV, however, the game is going to be released on several DVDs - Xbox 360 owners will have to interrupt gaming process and switch discs (Rockstar complained about this issue). Only PS3 will have it on single BD-DVD.

Let's compare PS3 and XBOX 360:

1). A third of XBOX 360 (33%) are malfunctioning right from the start. PS3 return rate is only around 0.2%. Despite some people say, that new 360 has no breakdown issues - just visit Xbox section of Yahoo answers and see for yourself an amount of complaints.
2). PS3 has 8 (7+1) kernels in Cell processor, Xbox 360 -only 3.
3). PS3 uses advanced tech called Blu-Ray, one disc can store up to 54 gb (in the future - up to 200 gb), Xbox 360 - regular dual layer DVD-9 (8.5GB). It's possible to get HD-DVD (max. - 30GB) for 360, but it'll cost you around 180$, in this case Xbox is going to be MUCH more expensive, than PS3.
4). Calculations per sec - PS3 - 51-billion-dot-product-operati... per second
Xbox 360 - 33.6-billion-dot-product-opera... per second
5). PS3 has full media support - USBs, built-in 4 slots card reader (except 20GB and 40GB versions), ability to use printer and so on.
Xbox 360 has USBs and only 2 memory slots.
6). PS3 supports up to 7 Bluetooth Controllers
Xbox 360 - up to 4 Controllers
7). PS3 - wi-fi included (except 20 gb version)
Xbox 360 - wi-fi will cost you around 100 $
8). From the first technical sight - graphics are stronger in 360 (it has a stronger graphics chip - Xenos), BUT PS3 can use it's Cell CPU for graphics too, which gives you better graphics in total. PS3 uses a weaker RSX chip, that was developed by Nvidia exclusively for PS3. RSX runs on 550 Mhz. It's difficult to compare their graphics, because 360 has a video chip with totally different structure and operating memory is divided differently in both consoles. Xbox isn't that versatile in dividing tasks between CPU and GPU as PS3. That's why PS3 exclusives look better than 360's exclusives.
9). PS3 uses technology from AGEIA company. It does to physics of the game same thing GPU (videocard processor) does to graphics. This thing is on sale for PC(special card). The price is around 350$. There is no such thing in 360.
10). Xbox 360 is widely known for so-called "red ring of death" problem - it gets overheated easily. My PS3 was running for more than 15 hours non-stop with no problems. Sometimes Xbox 360 becomes so overheated, that thermopaste on CPU melts, drips on motherboard and successfully shortcircuits it. That's why in some countries people call Xbox 360 "Coffin 360".
11). Besides all of this, I've seen disassembled Xbox 360 - regular PC architecture - Billy Gates is an uninventive nerd (as usual).
When I saw disassembled PS3 - it was a surprise - smart architecture, good cooling (don't buy external PS3 coolers - they make everything worse - original system is good), etc.
12). In 2008 PS3 will get more than 300 games, including Metal Gear Solid 4, The Agent and other great exclusives. Here is the good link to the future PS3 releases. http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html......
13). PS3 online is free, Xbox 360 - you have to pay.
14). There were reports, that 360 scratches discs. No reports on that in PS3.
15). The funniest thing, that right now there are no games for PS3, that show full potential of the console. Biggest games weigh only 25 GB (Xbox 360 will need more than 3 discs even for those).
16). On PS3 you can install other OS, such as Linux Yellow Dog, Ubuntu and others. Sony officially lets you do it. There is no such thing in 360.
17). PS3 HDD can be replaced easily with any 2.5" SATA 5400 RPM HDD (used in laptops). 250 GB will cost you around 170$. In 360 you have to buy exclusive HDD, where 20GB will cost you 100$.
18).Sony expects PS3 to stay on the market for, at least, 7-10 years. Also Sony reduces price now. There is a cheaper 40GB version of PS3.
19).Sony constantly upgrades PS3 software (free updates for OS) - you get new functions and improvements.
20). PS3 controller (sixaxis) has a motion control - you move controller - game responds. Wii has it, Xbox 360 - doesn't. PS3 is getting rumble controller (Dualshock 3) in 1st quarter 2008, Japan already has it. On www.ebay.com I saw those controllers on sale 50$ and up (unofficial import)
21).On PS3 you can help sick people by running Folding Home project. Wii and Xbox 360 didn't even think about it.
22).New 40GB is 399$ or 399 euro (depends on the region) - it has no backwards compatibility with PS2 games, has 2 USBs instead of 4, no built-in card reader, but it's the same PS3, strong, reliable, less noisy, different cooling system. The price is friendly.
23). But, to be just, I'm not a PS3 fanboy, so (despite I own one) hear this - PS3 games (exclusives) are very hard to develop due to complicated Cell's architecture. We have to wait till developers will figure out how to develop games properly. Sometimes multiplatform games run not so good on PS3 due to the same developing issues - it's hard for developers to get a grip on such advanced technologies.

I didn't mention Wii, because it's so weak, no point to talk about it. Leave it for kindergarten and casual games.



so basically to sum up all that u said da PS3 is da overall winner? i mean like um dat person should get a ps3 lol

5137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA...
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
chad warden lik dat pstripple
729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In between H3LL a...
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
XBOX 360 ROCKS!!!
370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

1life_1Luv wrote:


so basically to sum up all that u said da PS3 is da overall winner? i mean like um dat person should get a ps3 lol



apparently yeah..
1066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Where angels lose...
Offline
Posted 8/21/08
here comes the banstick...
43018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 8/21/08
Josh get a life!

I think everything is said about the consols except that Wii is the nr 1 sold consol.
Posted 8/21/08

ericli51 wrote:

Here's an analogy between consoles and school.

Nintendo = Prom Queen/Cheerleader, Very popular, but also very shallow.

Xbox 360 = The smart guy who sleeps in class. He scores well on tests, but he's too inconsistent with his participation.

PS3 = The guy who puts a lot of effort in his work, but still only achieves above average results.


Um I think you got two consoles mixed up, seeing as the PS3 is more powerfull but not being exploited, and the 360 keeps failing to take other territories.
5321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Internet
Offline
Posted 8/21/08
Well, I can sum it f up for whoever asked the question, and I do it in less space than that guy with 25 reasons the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360.
The Xbox has more and better games.
The PS3 is a better system.
If you are looking to use the same system for many years, get the PS3; It's ahead of it's time and not used to it's full capacity yet, so it'll probably become better than the 360 in a few years.
If you want something just for a couple years, get the 360. It's got better games now and the next one is coming out sooner, which will (probably) be better than the PS3.
The wii is only good for kids and old people who can't handle hardcore games. Then again, it does have some advantage with it's motion controls, which allow for more flexibility with your actions, but they don't work too well and, like the PS3, aren't used to their full potential.
Of course, that's just my opinion. I've got all three so i think i would know best, but get whatever you want.
Posted 8/21/08 , edited 8/21/08

Psychosniper wrote:

Well, I can sum it f up for whoever asked the question, and I do it in less space than that guy with 25 reasons the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360.
The Xbox has more and better games.
The PS3 is a better system.
If you are looking to use the same system for many years, get the PS3; It's ahead of it's time and not used to it's full capacity yet, so it'll probably become better than the 360 in a few years.
If you want something just for a couple years, get the 360. It's got better games now and the next one is coming out sooner, which will (probably) be better than the PS3.
The wii is only good for kids and old people who can't handle hardcore games. Then again, it does have some advantage with it's motion controls, which allow for more flexibility with your actions, but they don't work too well and, like the PS3, aren't used to their full potential.
Of course, that's just my opinion. I've got all three so i think i would know best, but get whatever you want.


What the hell is up with this mentality for the Wii? All you noobs populating my gaming talking like you know what hard core gaming is. The PS3 and 360 don't deliver to the HARDCORE, they deliever to a popular male demographic that hasn't been gaming for NEARLY as long as the hard core. I've been gaming sense I was 4, and fucking love my Wii, Johny over there hates the Wii because its for little kids or something, but never had anything but a PS2 and a PS3, or Xbox and 360. I was gaming on my damn Genesis, and these dudes were mocking gamers. Now all of a sudden, every other game is with some buff dude shooting crap, so everybody is a hard core damn game. Does this make pussys like that feel manly? I'm not afraid to say I like the Wii, I don't feel any less many, I don't need a damn video game to compensate for something I'm lacking in my damn pants, there games, FOR EVERYBODY. You have no clue what your talking about. The PS3 isn't the damn future for god sakes, its OUTDATED. You scream "IN THE FUTURE" But guess what, the PC is PAST that future. Does your "not fully potiential reached" PS3 have its own graphics card wit ha gig of ram and 1.8 GH/z clock speed? It doesn't, so sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. The 360 can compete with the PS3 hand and hand for 50 years, because ITS NOT PROFITABLE TO DESIGN FOR THE CELL, it's expensive and catering to the SMALLEST fanbase possible right now. Even if people DID, it wouldn't get as great as all of you idiots think. The PS3 could never handle something with the graphical quality of Crysis on highest settings, and if it could, it would sacrifice so much in things such as physics that it would be a pretty unplayable piece of crap. The computer your on, even if its 5 years old, has as much RAM as a PS3, the graphics card is over 2 series behind, the only thing its good in is its processor, that is useless for almost any game today because of its stupid super computer wannabe design. And the Wii is only for little kids is the most retarded argument I ever hear, give it the fuck up already.

tl:dr your a noob never game again.
985 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Universe, Planet...
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
well according to your pic ur a girl so you should get a wii cause it's less lame and it's cute and fun to play with. ps3 is a ripoff, it's just like ps2 but "more realistic" and i dunno about xbox
2077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Deep caverns of t...
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
xbox 360
Posted 8/21/08

ericli51 wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


ericli51 wrote:

Here's an analogy between consoles and school.

Nintendo = Prom Queen/Cheerleader, Very popular, but also very shallow.

Xbox 360 = The smart guy who sleeps in class. He scores well on tests, but he's too inconsistent with his participation.

PS3 = The guy who puts a lot of effort in his work, but still only achieves above average results.


Um I think you got two consoles mixed up, seeing as the PS3 is more powerfull but not being exploited, and the 360 keeps failing to take other territories.


Nah, it's more like the PS3 itself is actually a really remarkable console, but Sony is having trouble getting developers to make exclusive games on it.

The Xbox 360 get's a huge library of good games because of it's architecture and has a lot of great support from Microsoft, but it's faulty hardware tends to keep gamers away from buying it.


Honestly the problem is pretty much fixed. On repaired 360's, they put in a new GPU, and on newer ones, they don't RRoD. The problem is, they need to let people know, "ITS NOT A PROBLEM ANYMORE YOU DONT HAVE TO SEND IN YOUR CONSOLE EVERY 2 WEEKS." I know you have probably heard somebody say it, but consoles RRoD'd because of the internal heat. Therefore with less heat, no RRoD. Anything dies when it gets hot enough inside, so with the 360, if you make less electricity flying around, then you don't get a RRoD. Or you can go the badass route and install liquid cooling like this one dude did, it voids your warranty, but who NEEDS a warranty when you have a badass 360 with liquid cooling!

Sony won't pay for exclusives. And PS3 exclusives are not selling like 360 exclusives. Compare Halo and MGS. Yeah, to me and you, its a laughable comparison, but to share holders? They would have Halo over MGS ANY day. If Sony wants any hope of coming out on top this generation, they first need to learn, GAMERS DON'T WANT BLU-RAY PLAYERS. We want a damn console to play video games. Now, they need to learn that your CHEAPEST SKU, shouldn't cost as much as the MOST EXPENSIVE of the competitor (Elite recently got a price cut) Now, sense if they lower the price competitive with 360, they will lose fucktons of money, they need to give people a REASON to buy there console. I have seen it many times, a person who saved up his or her cash for a PS3, coming off of a PS2, and saying "This isn't like my PS2, wheres all the damn games." I always hear people say the PS3 having games isn't a problem right now, but they don't understand, you need more then 10 games to sell a console. The 360 has a vast libary now, with tons of exclusives, that means, games you WONT be playing on the PS3. The PS3? Not so much, not to mention, if you buy it and not the 360 you are now paying MORE for what is ultimately LESS. People can argue all they want about the PS3 having games, but when I give you a huge list of 360 games compared to PS3 ones, you will just say "Well all those suck!" or something because its not even arguable that when given the choice between choosing between 100 fucking awesome games and 10 fucking awesome games you choose 100.

tl;dr get more games on your damn system Sony
1066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Where angels lose...
Offline
Posted 8/21/08

dmitsuki wrote:


ericli51 wrote:

Here's an analogy between consoles and school.

Nintendo = Prom Queen/Cheerleader, Very popular, but also very shallow.

Xbox 360 = The smart guy who sleeps in class. He scores well on tests, but he's too inconsistent with his participation.

PS3 = The guy who puts a lot of effort in his work, but still only achieves above average results.


Um I think you got two consoles mixed up, seeing as the PS3 is more powerfull but not being exploited, and the 360 keeps failing to take other territories.


Nah, it's more like the PS3 itself is actually a really remarkable console, but Sony is having trouble getting developers to make exclusive games on it.

The Xbox 360 get's a huge library of good games because of it's architecture and has a lot of great support from Microsoft, but it's faulty hardware tends to keep gamers away from buying it.
1300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
Xbox360 for the win.
1300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

1life_1Luv wrote:


audi0slave wrote:

This is my cut and paste answer.. Also this question is so often!!!

PS3 will win the console war, no doubt. Xbox 360 and Wii are so weak from technological point of view, that in couple of years they won't be capable of dealing with serious graphics. GTA IV, for instance, isn't even announced for Wii - this toy won't be able to cope with the game's requirements. Xbox 360 is getting GTA IV, however, the game is going to be released on several DVDs - Xbox 360 owners will have to interrupt gaming process and switch discs (Rockstar complained about this issue). Only PS3 will have it on single BD-DVD.

Let's compare PS3 and XBOX 360:

1). A third of XBOX 360 (33%) are malfunctioning right from the start. PS3 return rate is only around 0.2%. Despite some people say, that new 360 has no breakdown issues - just visit Xbox section of Yahoo answers and see for yourself an amount of complaints.
2). PS3 has 8 (7+1) kernels in Cell processor, Xbox 360 -only 3.
3). PS3 uses advanced tech called Blu-Ray, one disc can store up to 54 gb (in the future - up to 200 gb), Xbox 360 - regular dual layer DVD-9 (8.5GB). It's possible to get HD-DVD (max. - 30GB) for 360, but it'll cost you around 180$, in this case Xbox is going to be MUCH more expensive, than PS3.
4). Calculations per sec - PS3 - 51-billion-dot-product-operati... per second
Xbox 360 - 33.6-billion-dot-product-opera... per second
5). PS3 has full media support - USBs, built-in 4 slots card reader (except 20GB and 40GB versions), ability to use printer and so on.
Xbox 360 has USBs and only 2 memory slots.
6). PS3 supports up to 7 Bluetooth Controllers
Xbox 360 - up to 4 Controllers
7). PS3 - wi-fi included (except 20 gb version)
Xbox 360 - wi-fi will cost you around 100 $
8). From the first technical sight - graphics are stronger in 360 (it has a stronger graphics chip - Xenos), BUT PS3 can use it's Cell CPU for graphics too, which gives you better graphics in total. PS3 uses a weaker RSX chip, that was developed by Nvidia exclusively for PS3. RSX runs on 550 Mhz. It's difficult to compare their graphics, because 360 has a video chip with totally different structure and operating memory is divided differently in both consoles. Xbox isn't that versatile in dividing tasks between CPU and GPU as PS3. That's why PS3 exclusives look better than 360's exclusives.
9). PS3 uses technology from AGEIA company. It does to physics of the game same thing GPU (videocard processor) does to graphics. This thing is on sale for PC(special card). The price is around 350$. There is no such thing in 360.
10). Xbox 360 is widely known for so-called "red ring of death" problem - it gets overheated easily. My PS3 was running for more than 15 hours non-stop with no problems. Sometimes Xbox 360 becomes so overheated, that thermopaste on CPU melts, drips on motherboard and successfully shortcircuits it. That's why in some countries people call Xbox 360 "Coffin 360".
11). Besides all of this, I've seen disassembled Xbox 360 - regular PC architecture - Billy Gates is an uninventive nerd (as usual).
When I saw disassembled PS3 - it was a surprise - smart architecture, good cooling (don't buy external PS3 coolers - they make everything worse - original system is good), etc.
12). In 2008 PS3 will get more than 300 games, including Metal Gear Solid 4, The Agent and other great exclusives. Here is the good link to the future PS3 releases. http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html......
13). PS3 online is free, Xbox 360 - you have to pay.
14). There were reports, that 360 scratches discs. No reports on that in PS3.
15). The funniest thing, that right now there are no games for PS3, that show full potential of the console. Biggest games weigh only 25 GB (Xbox 360 will need more than 3 discs even for those).
16). On PS3 you can install other OS, such as Linux Yellow Dog, Ubuntu and others. Sony officially lets you do it. There is no such thing in 360.
17). PS3 HDD can be replaced easily with any 2.5" SATA 5400 RPM HDD (used in laptops). 250 GB will cost you around 170$. In 360 you have to buy exclusive HDD, where 20GB will cost you 100$.
18).Sony expects PS3 to stay on the market for, at least, 7-10 years. Also Sony reduces price now. There is a cheaper 40GB version of PS3.
19).Sony constantly upgrades PS3 software (free updates for OS) - you get new functions and improvements.
20). PS3 controller (sixaxis) has a motion control - you move controller - game responds. Wii has it, Xbox 360 - doesn't. PS3 is getting rumble controller (Dualshock 3) in 1st quarter 2008, Japan already has it. On www.ebay.com I saw those controllers on sale 50$ and up (unofficial import)
21).On PS3 you can help sick people by running Folding Home project. Wii and Xbox 360 didn't even think about it.
22).New 40GB is 399$ or 399 euro (depends on the region) - it has no backwards compatibility with PS2 games, has 2 USBs instead of 4, no built-in card reader, but it's the same PS3, strong, reliable, less noisy, different cooling system. The price is friendly.
23). But, to be just, I'm not a PS3 fanboy, so (despite I own one) hear this - PS3 games (exclusives) are very hard to develop due to complicated Cell's architecture. We have to wait till developers will figure out how to develop games properly. Sometimes multiplatform games run not so good on PS3 due to the same developing issues - it's hard for developers to get a grip on such advanced technologies.

I didn't mention Wii, because it's so weak, no point to talk about it. Leave it for kindergarten and casual games.



so basically to sum up all that u said da PS3 is da overall winner? i mean like um dat person should get a ps3 lol



But guess what?! ALL OF THE GAMES FOR THE PS3 ARE CRAP OR MULTI-SYSTEM SHARED. THERE'S ONLY ONE GOOD GAME AND THAT'S FINAL FANTASY XIII.
5321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Internet
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
Well, the general concensus seems to be that the 360 is better, and I agree. In fact, I only have the PS3 because of a few stupid exclusives, namely Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 (Yes, I know those games are completely different, but I have a wide range).

Oh, and to Dmitsuki, thank you for correcting me so eloquently, but it kinda broke down with that weird acronym at the end; have no idea what 'tl;dr' standsfor, but I did get the general idea. No, I will not stop gaming, despite your vastly superior knowledge because you overreacted to my opinion. You may have brought up some valid points against my arguements, and I already acknowledged that, but I do not appreciate you using my ignorance to insult my personality. Just to let you know, I have also ben gaming since I was four, which started me at the N64 with Pokemon Stadium. Or maybe I got the Gameboy color first, I'm not sure. Anyway, when I said the wii was for kids I meant that it didn't have many hardcore games (I will address your argument about 'hardcore' next) so It didn't appeal to me as much; it had games that I would have liked when I was young so I said it was for young people. When I said 'hardcore' I meant games like Gears of War, with all the blood and guts, I didn't mean old. If you think Hardcore means old then Pong is the most Hardcore game ever. (Not trying to insult your veiws, just making sure you considered everything.) Or, if you were talking about Hardcore players, then yes, the 360 and PS3 don't appeal to hardcore, but that wasn't what I said so don't change the subject. Next topic: all the technical stuff. I really don't care about the system specifications. I was told the PS3 had better hardware, so that's what I assumed. I don't know what graphics chip it has, I don't know how much RAM it has, I don't even know what RAM means, so I differ to you completely on all technical matters.

I think that's everything, but seriously, how does making a statement that includes misguided information make me a noob?
2317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Mordor.
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
X-Box 360. Best <3!


The wii = boring.

PS3 =pretty good
57990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 8/22/08 , edited 8/22/08
I think you should buy the PS3.. although xbox360 has a variety of games than the ps3. Sony said that's for now, yeah i know what a great comment right? let's see what happens after a few months/years. and besides i don't think there is a ps3 exclusives much less a multi-platform game that grasp the "whole" ps3 system. i mean the sounds in the mgs4 quite. suck(admit it) and i think that's the closest game that i can think of, don't get me wrong i love the mgs4 kept me playing the game all over again.

now in the xbox360. I was forced to buy the xbox360 because the Star Ocean 4 was exclusive in the xbox360 (that's what others said) and some games that i like will be in the xbox360. so i bought one. and i can say the xbox360 live is better than the PS Network. why? for some reason the xbox360live is faster than the PSN. i recommend the xbox360 for the multiplayer and the variety of games. but if you want to wait for a little longer coz i hear some news or should i say rumors that there'll be like better games that will be released on the ps3. (e.g. Shadow of the Colossus) well that's just one though that's what sony said

i won't go into those hardware and software stuffs. the 2 guys before me already said it.

wii = unique. yeah i think unique, oh yeah "shake ya ass girl/guy whatever"
Posted 8/22/08

Psychosniper wrote:

Well, the general concensus seems to be that the 360 is better, and I agree. In fact, I only have the PS3 because of a few stupid exclusives, namely Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 (Yes, I know those games are completely different, but I have a wide range).

Oh, and to Dmitsuki, thank you for correcting me so eloquently, but it kinda broke down with that weird acronym at the end; have no idea what 'tl;dr' standsfor, but I did get the general idea. No, I will not stop gaming, despite your vastly superior knowledge because you overreacted to my opinion. You may have brought up some valid points against my arguements, and I already acknowledged that, but I do not appreciate you using my ignorance to insult my personality. Just to let you know, I have also ben gaming since I was four, which started me at the N64 with Pokemon Stadium. Or maybe I got the Gameboy color first, I'm not sure. Anyway, when I said the wii was for kids I meant that it didn't have many hardcore games (I will address your argument about 'hardcore' next) so It didn't appeal to me as much; it had games that I would have liked when I was young so I said it was for young people. When I said 'hardcore' I meant games like Gears of War, with all the blood and guts, I didn't mean old. If you think Hardcore means old then Pong is the most Hardcore game ever. (Not trying to insult your veiws, just making sure you considered everything.) Or, if you were talking about Hardcore players, then yes, the 360 and PS3 don't appeal to hardcore, but that wasn't what I said so don't change the subject. Next topic: all the technical stuff. I really don't care about the system specifications. I was told the PS3 had better hardware, so that's what I assumed. I don't know what graphics chip it has, I don't know how much RAM it has, I don't even know what RAM means, so I differ to you completely on all technical matters.

I think that's everything, but seriously, how does making a statement that includes misguided information make me a noob?


tl;dr = To Long, Drawn out, in other words, people will not read anything longer then a sentence so its a special section for them.

A hardcore game is not a hardcore game because it appeals to you. A hardcore game does not then become hardcore by adding blood and guts in. A game being old doesn't make it hardcore. (Pong also is not the oldest game ever...) Hardcore games, are games like Portal, or TF2. There is no blood at all in any part of Portal ever. "Hardcore" is not refering to "So hardcore dude, look at his head explode!" Its referring to hardcore gamers, the people who are laughing at you while they Zerg Rush your ass in SC. If a game is interesting and deep, then it can be a hardcore game. Tetris is not a hardcore game, but Mario can be a hardcore game. The PS3 and 360 do appeal to some hardcore gamers, like people who have been playing JRPG's for a long time, or poorer hardcore gamers (not everybody can afford brand new PC's)

RAM is random access memory...

How does running into a room screaming something like "The Sega Genesis is the most powerful console ever!", when I'm obviously wrong, make me a noob?

Your a noob because you don't know as much as a hardcore gamer should and then preach stuff that is incorrect.
Posted 8/22/08

karlojeda wrote:

I think you should buy the PS3.. although xbox360 has a variety of games than the ps3. Sony said that's for now, yeah i know what a great comment right? let's see what happens after a few months/years. and besides i don't think there is a ps3 exclusives much less a multi-platform game that grasp the "whole" ps3 system. i mean the sounds in the mgs4 quite. suck(admit it) and i think that's the closest game that i can think of, don't get me wrong i love the mgs4 kept me playing the game all over again.

now in the xbox360. I was forced to buy the xbox360 because the Star Ocean 4 was exclusive in the xbox360 (that's what others said) and some games that i like will be in the xbox360. so i bought one. and i can say the xbox360 live is better than the PS Network. why? for some reason the xbox360live is faster than the PSN. i recommend the xbox360 for the multiplayer and the variety of games. but if you want to wait for a little longer coz i hear some news or should i say rumors that there'll be like better games that will be released on the ps3. (e.g. Shadow of the Colossus) well that's just one though that's what sony said

i won't go into those hardware and software stuffs. the 2 guys before me already said it.

wii = unique. yeah i think unique, oh yeah "shake ya ass girl/guy whatever"


Xbox Live is faster because everything is played off of Microsofts dedicated servers and all the company's who make games on PSN have to provide there own severs.
Posted 8/22/08

1life_1Luv wrote:


audi0slave wrote:

This is my cut and paste answer.. Also this question is so often!!!

PS3 will win the console war, no doubt. Xbox 360 and Wii are so weak from technological point of view, that in couple of years they won't be capable of dealing with serious graphics. GTA IV, for instance, isn't even announced for Wii - this toy won't be able to cope with the game's requirements. Xbox 360 is getting GTA IV, however, the game is going to be released on several DVDs - Xbox 360 owners will have to interrupt gaming process and switch discs (Rockstar complained about this issue). Only PS3 will have it on single BD-DVD.

Let's compare PS3 and XBOX 360:

1). A third of XBOX 360 (33%) are malfunctioning right from the start. PS3 return rate is only around 0.2%. Despite some people say, that new 360 has no breakdown issues - just visit Xbox section of Yahoo answers and see for yourself an amount of complaints.
2). PS3 has 8 (7+1) kernels in Cell processor, Xbox 360 -only 3.
3). PS3 uses advanced tech called Blu-Ray, one disc can store up to 54 gb (in the future - up to 200 gb), Xbox 360 - regular dual layer DVD-9 (8.5GB). It's possible to get HD-DVD (max. - 30GB) for 360, but it'll cost you around 180$, in this case Xbox is going to be MUCH more expensive, than PS3.
4). Calculations per sec - PS3 - 51-billion-dot-product-operati... per second
Xbox 360 - 33.6-billion-dot-product-opera... per second
5). PS3 has full media support - USBs, built-in 4 slots card reader (except 20GB and 40GB versions), ability to use printer and so on.
Xbox 360 has USBs and only 2 memory slots.
6). PS3 supports up to 7 Bluetooth Controllers
Xbox 360 - up to 4 Controllers
7). PS3 - wi-fi included (except 20 gb version)
Xbox 360 - wi-fi will cost you around 100 $
8). From the first technical sight - graphics are stronger in 360 (it has a stronger graphics chip - Xenos), BUT PS3 can use it's Cell CPU for graphics too, which gives you better graphics in total. PS3 uses a weaker RSX chip, that was developed by Nvidia exclusively for PS3. RSX runs on 550 Mhz. It's difficult to compare their graphics, because 360 has a video chip with totally different structure and operating memory is divided differently in both consoles. Xbox isn't that versatile in dividing tasks between CPU and GPU as PS3. That's why PS3 exclusives look better than 360's exclusives.
9). PS3 uses technology from AGEIA company. It does to physics of the game same thing GPU (videocard processor) does to graphics. This thing is on sale for PC(special card). The price is around 350$. There is no such thing in 360.
10). Xbox 360 is widely known for so-called "red ring of death" problem - it gets overheated easily. My PS3 was running for more than 15 hours non-stop with no problems. Sometimes Xbox 360 becomes so overheated, that thermopaste on CPU melts, drips on motherboard and successfully shortcircuits it. That's why in some countries people call Xbox 360 "Coffin 360".
11). Besides all of this, I've seen disassembled Xbox 360 - regular PC architecture - Billy Gates is an uninventive nerd (as usual).
When I saw disassembled PS3 - it was a surprise - smart architecture, good cooling (don't buy external PS3 coolers - they make everything worse - original system is good), etc.
12). In 2008 PS3 will get more than 300 games, including Metal Gear Solid 4, The Agent and other great exclusives. Here is the good link to the future PS3 releases. http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html......
13). PS3 online is free, Xbox 360 - you have to pay.
14). There were reports, that 360 scratches discs. No reports on that in PS3.
15). The funniest thing, that right now there are no games for PS3, that show full potential of the console. Biggest games weigh only 25 GB (Xbox 360 will need more than 3 discs even for those).
16). On PS3 you can install other OS, such as Linux Yellow Dog, Ubuntu and others. Sony officially lets you do it. There is no such thing in 360.
17). PS3 HDD can be replaced easily with any 2.5" SATA 5400 RPM HDD (used in laptops). 250 GB will cost you around 170$. In 360 you have to buy exclusive HDD, where 20GB will cost you 100$.
18).Sony expects PS3 to stay on the market for, at least, 7-10 years. Also Sony reduces price now. There is a cheaper 40GB version of PS3.
19).Sony constantly upgrades PS3 software (free updates for OS) - you get new functions and improvements.
20). PS3 controller (sixaxis) has a motion control - you move controller - game responds. Wii has it, Xbox 360 - doesn't. PS3 is getting rumble controller (Dualshock 3) in 1st quarter 2008, Japan already has it. On www.ebay.com I saw those controllers on sale 50$ and up (unofficial import)
21).On PS3 you can help sick people by running Folding Home project. Wii and Xbox 360 didn't even think about it.
22).New 40GB is 399$ or 399 euro (depends on the region) - it has no backwards compatibility with PS2 games, has 2 USBs instead of 4, no built-in card reader, but it's the same PS3, strong, reliable, less noisy, different cooling system. The price is friendly.
23). But, to be just, I'm not a PS3 fanboy, so (despite I own one) hear this - PS3 games (exclusives) are very hard to develop due to complicated Cell's architecture. We have to wait till developers will figure out how to develop games properly. Sometimes multiplatform games run not so good on PS3 due to the same developing issues - it's hard for developers to get a grip on such advanced technologies.

I didn't mention Wii, because it's so weak, no point to talk about it. Leave it for kindergarten and casual games.



so basically to sum up all that u said da PS3 is da overall winner? i mean like um dat person should get a ps3 lol


Sure, if you listen to everything you read on the internet regardless of wither its true or not. Some of the reasons on here are even more positive for the 360. 360 architecture is like a PC's, thats not bad. It's bad that the PS3's ISN'T. It means its harder to develop more and cost more to develop for, while making a 360 game is as easy as making a PC game then press "port"

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.