First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
what is it like to be poor?
551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Earth^^
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

Eririel wrote:


Uzumaki101 wrote:
it's true... but the last part is just pure lies.


What I'm saying at the end is pure lies? I'm sure I know the country I stay in better than you. No, it's not America. I use the US currency as a gauge so people have a rough estimate of the amount used.



That's nice and all... but I was referring to Pedobear. Students who are just lazy are definitely not crazy. People who are either rich or thinks too much highly of themselves just because for some reason they are powerful are the crazy ones
12704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Johnny and the JE...
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
Watch the Japanese drama, Yamada Tarou Monogatari. You'd know what it means....Or, you can volunteer to work in a 3rd world country...Like Africa. It's a sad situation which can be fixed but....
Posted 8/22/08

PedoBear wrote:

hello, im only 18 but it just recently hit me that im extremley wealthy and lucky to have the money my family get's per year (which not bragging but my dad's a ceo and his company make's over 65,000,000 and we get 10% of the profits per year which is a damn lot) and i've always grown up in rich areas and apparently when i was little we had a maybach, vacation's like 15 times a year cancun, vegas, NY, toronto, paris, england, berlin, LA, palm desert/springs, and more. always going to all the best schools and geting everything i wanted pretty much! so im wondering if maybe the less firtunate could share what its like! (im not being rude!)
p.s. please dont call me spoiled because i no iam

Thanks


youve just advertised that your a perfect target for kidnap and ransom.
692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

Uzumaki101 wrote:

That's nice and all... but I was referring to Pedobear. Students who are just lazy are definitely not crazy. People who are either rich or thinks too much highly of themselves just because for some reason they are powerful are the crazy ones


My apologies for the mistake then. And yes, Students who are lazy are certainly not crazy. In fact, Albert Einstein was a lazy student but he was brilliant in his own right. I think Pedobear might come from a family where wealth flows in excess but when it comes to parent-child quality time and relationship, there might be none at all considering that his/her parents might be so concerned with work.

4827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Calibaby.........
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
hard...
Posted 8/22/08
fuck i don't know I've been ballin my whole life lawl losers
Posted 8/22/08
What is it like to be poor? Bloody hell, this is an odd thread lol

I doubt that having to struggle to support yourself would be any fun -_-
4436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Port of Coimbra
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
i'm poor, give me money!

seriously now, i find this thread really weird since in my case i've been independent for 2 years already, and man it was hell.. if i want something i couldn't get it, i would definitely go for my needs first since i have to spend money wisely. good thing is that i'm consistent with my work. i envy guys like TS who got all the things like with a click of his hands.
Posted 8/22/08

Uzumaki101 wrote:


JulieDavon wrote:


Uzumaki101 wrote:


JulieDavon wrote:


Uzumaki101 wrote:


JulieDavon wrote:


PedoBear wrote:

hello, im only 18 but it just recently hit me that im extremley wealthy and lucky to have the money my family get's per year (which not bragging but my dad's a ceo and his company make's over 65,000,000 and we get 10% of the profits per year which is a damn lot) and i've always grown up in rich areas and apparently when i was little we had a maybach, vacation's like 15 times a year cancun, vegas, NY, toronto, paris, england, berlin, LA, palm desert/springs, and more. always going to all the best schools and geting everything i wanted pretty much! so im wondering if maybe the less firtunate could share what its like! (im not being rude!)
p.s. please dont call me spoiled because i no iam

Thanks


good to know your family has money. i'll be holding you for ransom now. cha-ching


Count me in! Now how to kidnap is the problem


psh. ok but you only get 10%.


wat?! But i'm the one who's gonna snipe the guards!


oh hell no.
you. are. pushing it mister.
you leave the guards to me.


grr..... no way in hell. Me kills guards whilst you kidnaps the boy. 50/50!


this was my plan to begin with. i didn't have to let you in!
you're a brat. 10% take it or leave it.
the guards are mine.
718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / taiwan...soon
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

kitsune5oh wrote:

+1 on the point of this thread. I grew up poor and just didn't know it until I went to a private school full of spoiled bastards. To paraphrase a line from one of Lauryn Hill's songs, I was "...unaware of what we didn't have..." Maybe not dirt poor, but I do remember eating "gubmint cheez" and playing with cardboard boxes and other stuff like that when I was bored. I realize that I was still happy and now know how hard my parents had to work and what they sacrificed for what little we had.




your life's story seems to be like Makino in hana yori dango...hahaha

169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
haha~this is an interesting thread lol

anyway..considering, the numbers you mentioned i'm sure lots of people can be considered "poor" compaired to your standing, i can honestly say my family has not hovered over the lower middle-class line;; umm~ i'm not saying we are "poor" but definetly below average...
i'm extreamly greatful for everything that i have~ house, car, family..but the one thing i would say is difficult about not being wealthy is the fact that i have to rely on scholarships for my education... haha i've grown up playing tennis~ but honestly i would enjoy university life and even tennis more if i didn't have to look at is as mandatory :(

haha there are other things~ like sometimes when shopping i wonder what it would be like if i were rich and could just buy depending on what i like and not what the price was >_<

lol but i'm not complaining i still consider myself lucky to have everything i do...
378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / home
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
who cares?
1827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / waiha
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

miyacaorei wrote:


kitsune5oh wrote:

+1 on the point of this thread. I grew up poor and just didn't know it until I went to a private school full of spoiled bastards. To paraphrase a line from one of Lauryn Hill's songs, I was "...unaware of what we didn't have..." Maybe not dirt poor, but I do remember eating "gubmint cheez" and playing with cardboard boxes and other stuff like that when I was bored. I realize that I was still happy and now know how hard my parents had to work and what they sacrificed for what little we had.




your life's story seems to be like Makino in hana yori dango...hahaha



LOL, my co-worker had a similar, though even rougher childhood. BTW, He's watching the HYD series now and loves it. He realized what being poor was when he knew his life wouldn't be like the "typical families" he saw on television shows.
7164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
i don't think being poor is that much different?
you just don't have that much money is all.
6051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
eh, try living a day w/o cash within your reach. no food to be prepared for you and no chauffeurs and everything.
leave a day with absolutely nothing on you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.