First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Human inferioroity?
Posted 8/22/08 , edited 8/28/08
i wrote a lot of stuff here before for some lulz, and the lulz have been gotten, so now all i gunna say is


humans are inferior to other animals because chuck norris prefers hunting humans
999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
we can easily "say" that someone didn't acomplish anything in thier life because we don't know who they were a few years later or because they didn't cause a drastic change in the world. Although who ARE we to judge the signifigance of someone else's life? sometimes like with the expression that a butterfly flapping it's wings causes a hurricane om the other side of the world, sometimes something that seems small actually wasn't so small at all... big things don't just happen overnight and even the smallest event is never trully isolated. although there are aniamls that fight amongst each other (like wolves over territory disputes) that doesn't exolerate us of our crimes, right? but just for a second lets consider that although we do question our existence, ask ourselves the ever burning question "why?", and sometimes kill ourselves when we don't have the answer... that when we do find the answer and the question is resolved in our hearts and minds, whether our answer can be proven to someone else or not... that we came out of it a better person... with a conviction and hope for the future an animal that only lives in the moment cannot understand. although with the "I think, therefore I am", maybe the thought doesn't have to be justified... maybe we should just be what we think and think what we are in peace.. or in other words... why so serious?
Posted 8/22/08

DeathDragon550 wrote:

we can easily "say" that someone didn't acomplish anything in thier life because we don't know who they were a few years later or because they didn't cause a drastic change in the world. Although who ARE we to judge the signifigance of someone else's life? sometimes like with the expression that a butterfly flapping it's wings causes a hurricane om the other side of the world, sometimes something that seems small actually wasn't so small at all... big things don't just happen overnight and even the smallest event is never trully isolated. although there are aniamls that fight amongst each other (like wolves over territory disputes) that doesn't exolerate us of our crimes, right? but just for a second lets consider that although we do question our existence, ask ourselves the ever burning question "why?", and sometimes kill ourselves when we don't have the answer... that when we do find the answer and the question is resolved in our hearts and minds, whether our answer can be proven to someone else or not... that we came out of it a better person... with a conviction and hope for the future an animal that only lives in the moment cannot understand. although with the "I think, therefore I am", maybe the thought doesn't have to be justified... maybe we should just be what we think and think what we are in peace.. or in other words... why so serious?


What I mean was, even if you cure cancer, what have you accomplished but prolonging the inevitable? Wolf's also fight for territory, but do not fight with there teeth, because that would cause serious injuries to each of the wolfs involved making them not able to hunt. It's more of a "We need to sleep here." Kind of thing, and the wolves don't harbor feelings of hate, or feel the need to get revenge.

And saying the thought doesn't have to be justified, is saying my existence doesn't have to be justified. SOME people can just go about there merry lives, even if they realize ultimately everything will end and regardless of what you did you got crap to show for it (yeah, thats why we fear death so much, even if were devout to some religion). But I'm not some people, I want to, and need to know, WHY I am here. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just enjoy the ride, but life isn't a pitcknick, I'm stuck in this life for no apparent reason and forced to suffer through it till I die then thats over? Thats absurd, according to that, I would be better off just killing myself right now, but rather then do THAT, I will search for a answer to that question.
999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

dmitsuki wrote:

And saying the thought doesn't have to be justified, is saying my existence doesn't have to be justified.


that's pretty much the gist of it, I was saying that because in a way we really can't justify our existence completely that maybe we're better off not trying too hard. I was also saying that there is more signifigance in a person's life and what they did than what history remembers. most of what history remembers is a watered down and abridged for less drama version of the event and the signifigance it had for those that were there. that the moments friends have together, the love of a couple, and the mutual understanding that even the worst of enimies share... although these are things history won't remeber, they had thier signifigance. maybe some punk hundreds of years from now won't know the names DeathDragon550 or dmitsuki, why is it so important whether they know or not? I was saying that if we have OUR answer, why should we care if someone else knew that answer after we die? Although we humans may acomplish little to none in the long run.. who's to say an animal acomplished more by not caring about whether they did or not? who's to say an animal is better for not asking that question and riding through life unfeeling twords thier own existence and the ride thier on like the common passenger on the disney land ride "it's a small world after all".
Posted 8/22/08

DeathDragon550 wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

And saying the thought doesn't have to be justified, is saying my existence doesn't have to be justified.


that's pretty much the gist of it, I was saying that because in a way we really can't justify our existence completely that maybe we're better off not trying too hard. I was also saying that there is more signifigance in a person's life and what they did than what history remembers. most of what history remembers is a watered down and abridged for less drama version of the event and the signifigance it had for those that were there. that the moments friends have together, the love of a couple, and the mutual understanding that even the worst of enimies share... although these are things history won't remeber, they had thier signifigance. maybe some punk hundreds of years from now won't know the names DeathDragon550 or dmitsuki, why is it so important whether they know or not? I was saying that if we have OUR answer, why should we care if someone else knew that answer after we die? Although we humans may acomplish little to none in the long run.. who's to say an animal acomplished more by not caring about whether they did or not? who's to say an animal is better for not asking that question and riding through life unfeeling twords thier own existence and the ride thier on like the common passenger on the disney land ride "it's a small world after all".


But telling me to not care is telling me mind to devolve. I wasn't saying its important for me to remember, I'm just saying if your not remembered do you exist anymore. What is a person whom which nobody ever knew even went through life? I'm not a atheist, I'm agnostic, so religion for me isn't really the answer. If its true, then I will ask whatever deity is real why I existed, if it isn't, and I'm just gone, is there any real reason for any of the stuff I did? If theres a deity then yeah, I'm wasting my time, if not, I need to justify my actions somehow or me living, lived, or all that crap is pointless. I'm not to confident in some awesome dude who will just give me all the answers, so as a human being, I must find these answers myself. They say, nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it, and many people have discovered the impossible or come up with at least very interesting concepts. And as a man of deep thought, until I can find something that I'm comfortable enough in believing, even if its only FOOLING myself, I won't be able to stop searching.
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
you don't need to justify anything. Is it even important to do something right?

if you actually have no reason, give one
if you can't, don't even bother to give
if you want to live, live
if you want to die, die
choose. Nobody says you are wrong, nobody says you are right. Everyone have their own reason, they might taken it for granted or they might define their own reason. We are busy living our live, and you should do so(well, if you choose to die.. go on). Well, I guess you have your own reason right? You want to know, you want to understand. Then do it, find it.


Posted 8/22/08

tweety_cool wrote:

you don't need to justify anything. Is it even important to do something right?

if you actually have no reason, give one
if you can't, don't even bother to give
if you want to live, live
if you want to die, die
choose. Nobody says you are wrong, nobody says you are right. Everyone have their own reason, they might taken it for granted or they might define their own reason. We are busy living our live, and you should do so(well, if you choose to die.. go on). Well, I guess you have your own reason right? You want to know, you want to understand. Then do it, find it.




Which is exactly what I'm looking for. A reason as to why I exist, and something deeper then my mom and dad were horny and a condom broke.
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

dmitsuki wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:

you don't need to justify anything. Is it even important to do something right?

if you actually have no reason, give one
if you can't, don't even bother to give
if you want to live, live
if you want to die, die
choose. Nobody says you are wrong, nobody says you are right. Everyone have their own reason, they might taken it for granted or they might define their own reason. We are busy living our live, and you should do so(well, if you choose to die.. go on). Well, I guess you have your own reason right? You want to know, you want to understand. Then do it, find it.




Which is exactly what I'm looking for. A reason as to why I exist, and something deeper then my mom and dad were horny and a condom broke.


The reason why you exist? is because you want to know your existence. So you live solely to understand about your existence. Isn't that enough? You have a lot of things to do
Posted 8/22/08

tweety_cool wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:

you don't need to justify anything. Is it even important to do something right?

if you actually have no reason, give one
if you can't, don't even bother to give
if you want to live, live
if you want to die, die
choose. Nobody says you are wrong, nobody says you are right. Everyone have their own reason, they might taken it for granted or they might define their own reason. We are busy living our live, and you should do so(well, if you choose to die.. go on). Well, I guess you have your own reason right? You want to know, you want to understand. Then do it, find it.




Which is exactly what I'm looking for. A reason as to why I exist, and something deeper then my mom and dad were horny and a condom broke.


The reason why you exist? is because you want to know your existence. So you live solely to understand about your existence. Isn't that enough? You have a lot of things to do

It's because, if one cannot answer the question "Why do I exist." How can he ever even know he really existed in the first place? Sure, throughout life I will try new things, have fun at places, suffer, and whatever. But in the end, for me, it will all be so empty if I didn't do ANY of it for no reason except maybe to get better self satasfication in a moment of time.

Theres no point in doing anything if its all over by the time you can actually think about it, unless, there is a reason for you to do it beyond the moment of time in which the event took place.

Thats what I think at least. And no, I don't mean doing something for something else to happen, because its all just going to end, regardless of what we think, we live in the moment. I'm not in 1 second from now, or one second behind me, I'm in now. Once that now is over, that moment of time is over. If I do something for 5 minutes, after that 5 minutes I have done something but to what avail? Was it ONLY to make that particular moment of time better? Now that its over, whats the point anymore, its not helping THIS point of time, and if it was, that wouldn't help the next. If I can give myself a reason for my actions, then its better though. I'm not the only man who thinks this way, or have thought this way. One man thought like this, and he said "God will give us a eternal peace and happiness if we make those moments count and full of good will." Now what this man has done, is now justify all of his actions. Everything he does he does for this eternal peace, which transcends time because its eternal. THATS justifying his existence and actions. I WANT to believe something like that, but I'm not blind to obvious facts, which is what makes me fail to really just get stuck into any religion. (I'm not saying any religion is wrong keep in mind, I'm agnostic, it could be real, who knows) But yeah I need something like that, I need to find something that justifys my existence and all my actions in it or there is really no reason for me to take action on anything.
Posted 8/22/08

zendude wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:

you don't need to justify anything. Is it even important to do something right?

if you actually have no reason, give one
if you can't, don't even bother to give
if you want to live, live
if you want to die, die
choose. Nobody says you are wrong, nobody says you are right. Everyone have their own reason, they might taken it for granted or they might define their own reason. We are busy living our live, and you should do so(well, if you choose to die.. go on). Well, I guess you have your own reason right? You want to know, you want to understand. Then do it, find it.




Which is exactly what I'm looking for. A reason as to why I exist, and something deeper then my mom and dad were horny and a condom broke.


We may never know why we exist at all; I don't know, you don't know, no one knows.

To you guys, I am just another bastard online posting comments like this.
To my family, I am a kid of my father and my mother.
To people at school, I am a person who trash digs for empty soda cans and bottles.
To other people, I am probably someone who doesn't exist.
To my God, I don't know.

Take a note from the Existentialist book, define your own existence.

The concepts of true nature does not lie in set rules, but a probability map that does set common patterns that could be followed. This is the truth, for as nature in it self started in a random event that is too far unmeasurable by any means of science. Everything and anything only exist for the reasons of being, in layman's terms, lucky (or by God, who is tipping the scales for us).

Have you ever conceptualize or even fathom the universal possibility of us to even exist?

Here is the short story:
-There was a big bang (maybe "GOD)
-Particles started to form together to make the most basic element, Hydrogen
-Stars and cosmic bodies start to form
-Given enough time and energy, atoms are becoming more heavier and heavier, like Helium and Carbon
-Planets started to form
-Crazy chaotic planetary things happens
-The conditions for life makes it possible for things like evolution
-The dinosaurs died, and mammals reign supreme
-With evolution, the brains of the higher primates gets more organized
-Evolution killed some more species
-And, presto, here are us

Those chances are more than googolplex of even happening. The most consistent reason why we exist is that we are very very lucky. Oh yeah, this goes back to the "Survival of the Fittest."

Also, why are you looking for the reason of your life (existence) on the internet?


Obviously I'm not looking for answers to why I exist here. Discussing the topic, yeah, even though its a little wierd compared to the topic name but yeah lol...

To my God, what am I? To the ultimate,or just plain old ultimately, what am I? If ONLY I knew that....if only...
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
Came back on to see if my friend emaile dme back so ill say this. The reason we exist on Earth is to live a life and then die and go to heaven and be like god. Before coming to earth we are with god as spirits, he has a body and we didnt so we come to earth to get bodies and when we die if we followed his commandments we can go back to him and have a body like him.
757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

dmitsuki wrote:


zendude wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


tweety_cool wrote:

you don't need to justify anything. Is it even important to do something right?

if you actually have no reason, give one
if you can't, don't even bother to give
if you want to live, live
if you want to die, die
choose. Nobody says you are wrong, nobody says you are right. Everyone have their own reason, they might taken it for granted or they might define their own reason. We are busy living our live, and you should do so(well, if you choose to die.. go on). Well, I guess you have your own reason right? You want to know, you want to understand. Then do it, find it.




Which is exactly what I'm looking for. A reason as to why I exist, and something deeper then my mom and dad were horny and a condom broke.


We may never know why we exist at all; I don't know, you don't know, no one knows.

To you guys, I am just another bastard online posting comments like this.
To my family, I am a kid of my father and my mother.
To people at school, I am a person who trash digs for empty soda cans and bottles.
To other people, I am probably someone who doesn't exist.
To my God, I don't know.

Take a note from the Existentialist book, define your own existence.

The concepts of true nature does not lie in set rules, but a probability map that does set common patterns that could be followed. This is the truth, for as nature in it self started in a random event that is too far unmeasurable by any means of science. Everything and anything only exist for the reasons of being, in layman's terms, lucky (or by God, who is tipping the scales for us).

Have you ever conceptualize or even fathom the universal possibility of us to even exist?

Here is the short story:
-There was a big bang (maybe "GOD)
-Particles started to form together to make the most basic element, Hydrogen
-Stars and cosmic bodies start to form
-Given enough time and energy, atoms are becoming more heavier and heavier, like Helium and Carbon
-Planets started to form
-Crazy chaotic planetary things happens
-The conditions for life makes it possible for things like evolution
-The dinosaurs died, and mammals reign supreme
-With evolution, the brains of the higher primates gets more organized
-Evolution killed some more species
-And, presto, here are us

Those chances are more than googolplex of even happening. The most consistent reason why we exist is that we are very very lucky. Oh yeah, this goes back to the "Survival of the Fittest."

Also, why are you looking for the reason of your life (existence) on the internet?


Obviously I'm not looking for answers to why I exist here. Discussing the topic, yeah, even though its a little wierd compared to the topic name but yeah lol...

To my God, what am I? To the ultimate,or just plain old ultimately, what am I? If ONLY I knew that....if only...


yeah, I have to agree with zendude. Take a good look at this site he gave me before

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/sartre/works/exist/sartre.htm

692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/08
I'm going to point out a few things about your little essay. Firstly, you ask a lot of rhetorical questions without ever getting to a point. Next, you point out that our ability to reason and question is a "flaw".

After which, you suddenly take your whole statement on reasoning, philosophy and science which you earlier regarded as a "flaw" and throw at us some sort of garble on love. So are you implying that our "flaws" are great? Or are you writing something contrary to what you are thinking?

What you seem to be saying to me, is that you are a highly confused person who wants to find some sort of reason for existing.
Posted 8/22/08

Eririel wrote:

I'm going to point out a few things about your little essay. Firstly, you ask a lot of rhetorical questions without ever getting to a point. Next, you point out that our ability to reason and question is a "flaw".

After which, you suddenly take your whole statement on reasoning, philosophy and science which you earlier regarded as a "flaw" and throw at us some sort of garble on love. So are you implying that our "flaws" are great? Or are you writing something contrary to what you are thinking?

What you seem to be saying to me, is that you are a highly confused person who wants to find some sort of reason for existing.


Um what? I'm not really confused about anything, and I don't imply our flaws are great, I imply that there the reason were inferior to other animals...If I wrote that crap wrong then sorry, but I'm not reading over a internet forum post like its a essay I turn into class, I just don't care that much, and I'm not in a good mood right now.
692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/08

dmitsuki wrote:
Um what? I'm not really confused about anything, and I don't imply our flaws are great, I imply that there the reason were inferior to other animals...If I wrote that crap wrong then sorry, but I'm not reading over a internet forum post like its a essay I turn into class, I just don't care that much, and I'm not in a good mood right now.


So our ability to reason makes us inferior? Would you rather we be mindless zombies then?

If you don't care about what you are going to post, then please don't post at all. You are asking a question and expecting us to make a logical and reasonable opinion based on your question. The point of a forum post, especially like the one you are asking is to get straight to the point.

Back on topic, you better have a very good reason for preferring mindlessness to reason because I'm very sure many people would be willing to take up that argument.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.