First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Neon Genesis Evangelion
8865 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / sydney AUSTRALIA
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
man i dont get the ending so there is like only one person left on earth?
1374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Right Behind You....
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

ds0192234 wrote:


yusukimawini wrote:

This is without a shadow of a doubt, the most influential anime ever created. Why?Its simple. Its the characters. Their highs, their lows, their triumphs, and their tragic flaws. All of these things make Neon Genesis Evangelion one of the best ever made.

And to all of the Asuka Langley Soryu haters out there...
Bring it on. I'm dressed, ready to fight to my death to defend her name and character. I hear all of the time, "Asuka is a bitch". No she is not. She was brought up in a very high class world. Normal people and normal things just seem a bit mediocre to her, thats all. Plus, tell me, honestly, how are you going to hate one of the heroes of the show. Who, with a heart, can go to sleep at night saying they hate a 14 year old girl because she stays true to herself. Seriously. Asuka rocks. She brought what little emotion there was to the show, I dare someone to say otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I love Rei and Misato too, but Asuka is Asuka, and I love her for it. Oh, and Happy Birthday Asuka. (12/4).


what triumphs?
all i remember being remotely good is asuka pwning those fake ass evas in the movie, and even then they fucked her arm up.
don't call me a hater though, this is not my favorite anime, it is my favorite piece of visual media!!!


Did you watch the same show I did? She had several triumphs. The only bad thing about it was there was only one solo success,(MAGMA DIVER!!!). Her other successful misions were when she was paired up with Rei and Shinji. It wasn't until ambivilance and the episode where unit 03 went crazy the she began struggle. Prior to that, she rocked at the sync test better than Rei or Shinji. She was unwillingly forced to fight along side them. She could have pwned so many more angels solo than she did as back up for that sad excuse for an EVA pilot, Ikari. As far as her shortcomings are concerned, those were unforseen failures that I can't neccesarily defend. She just got routed by the angels. Then again, if Unit 01 hadn't gone berserk severeal times, everyone would have been routed.

I'll only hate you if you are an Asuka hater or an EVA hater. Are you one? Please say no. My hit list is already too big.

230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The sky
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
it was a good anime. reminded me of Gundam a little bit though.
262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
its a pretty classic anime, and follows the standard format that a lot of anime uses today. its really good though, and it is pretty deep
8886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Somewhere in spac...
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
Eh~~ There's a trailer for the 2nd in production of the Rebuild of Evangelion series... do watch it on Crunchyroll...

Yours Truly,
muibadah-kun...
1374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Right Behind You....
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

yusukimawini wrote:


ds0192234 wrote:


asuka23 wrote:

this is my favorite series. i was quite young when i first saw it (it was my favorite even back then) so i didn't appreciate it, as much as i do now, until i saw it on [as] a couple of years later. that, of course, led me to buying the DVD box set. i've seen the series and movie over 20 times and it never gets old.

still, the question that's still bothering me is "who killed kaji?"

****SPOILER*****


then Asuka says she feels sick...the end.


on a related note, if you listen to the commentary, there's speculation that that's asuka, rei and misato in the same body. if you notice her eyes, they're brown, the color of misato's eyes. and then she has bandages on her right (or is it left? please correct me if I'm wrong) eye and arm, the same parts in which rei had bandages at the beginning of the series. again, this is just speculation. only Anno really knows.



it was SEELE


Pause at the moment she looks down at Shinji. Those eyes are blue, not terd brown. No offense to Misato (Love U 2). Her left eye is the one bandaged as is her right arm. They are both just like it was in the attack. Its simple people. Asuka came back. Thats it! No one else. Everyone was content with the fake realities they found in instrumentality. Shinji and Asuka weren't. Why? You tell me why if you think you know. As far as who killed Kaji, I think it was Shinji. Why? He knew what Misato was crying about, so he didn't do anything. That and he was the one who broke the news to Asuka, not Misato. How did he know?... unless he did it!!!


61 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Marquette
Offline
Posted 1/27/08
yes this is a good show but unforutuneatly it is a little depressing but some of the parts make up for it i think but yea if i did not watch it all the way through i would have hated it. This show is one of the most confusing ones when not watched all the way through
8886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Somewhere in spac...
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

yusukimawini wrote:


ds0192234 wrote:


asuka23 wrote:

this is my favorite series. i was quite young when i first saw it (it was my favorite even back then) so i didn't appreciate it, as much as i do now, until i saw it on [as] a couple of years later. that, of course, led me to buying the DVD box set. i've seen the series and movie over 20 times and it never gets old.

still, the question that's still bothering me is "who killed kaji?"

****SPOILER*****


then Asuka says she feels sick...the end.


on a related note, if you listen to the commentary, there's speculation that that's asuka, rei and misato in the same body. if you notice her eyes, they're brown, the color of misato's eyes. and then she has bandages on her right (or is it left? please correct me if I'm wrong) eye and arm, the same parts in which rei had bandages at the beginning of the series. again, this is just speculation. only Anno really knows.



it was SEELE


Pause at the moment she looks down at Shinji. Those eyes are blue, not terd brown. No offense to Misato (Love U 2). Her left eye is the one bandaged as is her right arm. They are both just like it was in the attack. Its simple people. Asuka came back. Thats it! No one else. Everyone was content with the fake realities they found in instrumentality. Shinji and Asuka weren't. Why? You tell me why if you think you know.



Hmm, interesting hypothesis you have there and with full details too... Yeah, I wonder why Asuka and Shinji weren't affected by the instrumentality project... was it because they were in their EVA pods (though Asuka's EVA was ripped badly, OMG another SPOILER!!! SRY PPL!! Gomen nei...~~) This thread can be used for those who watched it already so i assume most of you who reply to this thread have watched both the series and End of Evangelion and the other episodes they have. Well, that's all i can refer to since I've lost the episodes for End of Evangelion, I can't find it again... waaa T.T Lolz but what you say was right! That's Asuka and Asuka alone. Nobody else... everybody else 'vaporized' or I don't know what's the term you guys give it... If you have any comments pls do so... I await your reply... ^^,
6379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46
Offline
Posted 1/27/08

yusukimawini wrote:


ds0192234 wrote:


yusukimawini wrote:

This is without a shadow of a doubt, the most influential anime ever created. Why?Its simple. Its the characters. Their highs, their lows, their triumphs, and their tragic flaws. All of these things make Neon Genesis Evangelion one of the best ever made.

And to all of the Asuka Langley Soryu haters out there...
Bring it on. I'm dressed, ready to fight to my death to defend her name and character. I hear all of the time, "Asuka is a bitch". No she is not. She was brought up in a very high class world. Normal people and normal things just seem a bit mediocre to her, thats all. Plus, tell me, honestly, how are you going to hate one of the heroes of the show. Who, with a heart, can go to sleep at night saying they hate a 14 year old girl because she stays true to herself. Seriously. Asuka rocks. She brought what little emotion there was to the show, I dare someone to say otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I love Rei and Misato too, but Asuka is Asuka, and I love her for it. Oh, and Happy Birthday Asuka. (12/4).


what triumphs?
all i remember being remotely good is asuka pwning those fake ass evas in the movie, and even then they fucked her arm up.
don't call me a hater though, this is not my favorite anime, it is my favorite piece of visual media!!!


Did you watch the same show I did? She had several triumphs. The only bad thing about it was there was only one solo success,(MAGMA DIVER!!!). Her other successful misions were when she was paired up with Rei and Shinji. It wasn't until ambivilance and the episode where unit 03 went crazy the she began struggle. Prior to that, she rocked at the sync test better than Rei or Shinji. She was unwillingly forced to fight along side them. She could have pwned so many more angels solo than she did as back up for that sad excuse for an EVA pilot, Ikari. As far as her shortcomings are concerned, those were unforseen failures that I can't neccesarily defend. She just got routed by the angels. Then again, if Unit 01 hadn't gone berserk severeal times, everyone would have been routed.

I'll only hate you if you are an Asuka hater or an EVA hater. Are you one? Please say no. My hit list is already too big.



i love asuka. but it was her imperfections and loneliness that drew me to her.
honestly, i cared so little about the angels and eva the characters are what made the show
as far as all the things you mentioned...
i don't really consider those triumphs. her mother's suicide and father's indifference toward her made her want to have some worth in her life, not being number 1 made her feel useless.
she may have thought she was competing with shinji and rei, but really it was her past she was fighting.
i'll say it again, i love asuka, and shinji and rei and everyone else. they were great characters, flawed and unapologitic.
shinji and asuka are so complex. they've gone through so much and because of that i tried to sympatize and understand them, rather than judge like all the other eva haters out there.
however, no one should be blind to their flaws, in fact that was what made them special.

too put it simply, there is nothing and no one i hate in this show.
it's perfect...
to me
1374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Right Behind You....
Offline
Posted 1/29/08

ds0192234 wrote:


yusukimawini wrote:


ds0192234 wrote:


yusukimawini wrote:

This is without a shadow of a doubt, the most influential anime ever created. Why?Its simple. Its the characters. Their highs, their lows, their triumphs, and their tragic flaws. All of these things make Neon Genesis Evangelion one of the best ever made.

And to all of the Asuka Langley Soryu haters out there...
Bring it on. I'm dressed, ready to fight to my death to defend her name and character. I hear all of the time, "Asuka is a bitch". No she is not. She was brought up in a very high class world. Normal people and normal things just seem a bit mediocre to her, thats all. Plus, tell me, honestly, how are you going to hate one of the heroes of the show. Who, with a heart, can go to sleep at night saying they hate a 14 year old girl because she stays true to herself. Seriously. Asuka rocks. She brought what little emotion there was to the show, I dare someone to say otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I love Rei and Misato too, but Asuka is Asuka, and I love her for it. Oh, and Happy Birthday Asuka. (12/4).


what triumphs?
all i remember being remotely good is asuka pwning those fake ass evas in the movie, and even then they fucked her arm up.
don't call me a hater though, this is not my favorite anime, it is my favorite piece of visual media!!!


Did you watch the same show I did? She had several triumphs. The only bad thing about it was there was only one solo success,(MAGMA DIVER!!!). Her other successful misions were when she was paired up with Rei and Shinji. It wasn't until ambivilance and the episode where unit 03 went crazy the she began struggle. Prior to that, she rocked at the sync test better than Rei or Shinji. She was unwillingly forced to fight along side them. She could have pwned so many more angels solo than she did as back up for that sad excuse for an EVA pilot, Ikari. As far as her shortcomings are concerned, those were unforseen failures that I can't neccesarily defend. She just got routed by the angels. Then again, if Unit 01 hadn't gone berserk severeal times, everyone would have been routed.

I'll only hate you if you are an Asuka hater or an EVA hater. Are you one? Please say no. My hit list is already too big.



i love asuka. but it was her imperfections and loneliness that drew me to her.
honestly, i cared so little about the angels and eva the characters are what made the show
as far as all the things you mentioned...
i don't really consider those triumphs. her mother's suicide and father's indifference toward her made her want to have some worth in her life, not being number 1 made her feel useless.
she may have thought she was competing with shinji and rei, but really it was her past she was fighting.
i'll say it again, i love asuka, and shinji and rei and everyone else. they were great characters, flawed and unapologitic.
shinji and asuka are so complex. they've gone through so much and because of that i tried to sympatize and understand them, rather than judge like all the other eva haters out there.
however, no one should be blind to their flaws, in fact that was what made them special.

too put it simply, there is nothing and no one i hate in this show.
it's perfect...
to me


Cool, what a relief.
1374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Right Behind You....
Offline
Posted 1/29/08

muibadah wrote:


yusukimawini wrote:


ds0192234 wrote:


asuka23 wrote:

this is my favorite series. i was quite young when i first saw it (it was my favorite even back then) so i didn't appreciate it, as much as i do now, until i saw it on [as] a couple of years later. that, of course, led me to buying the DVD box set. i've seen the series and movie over 20 times and it never gets old.

still, the question that's still bothering me is "who killed kaji?"

****SPOILER*****


then Asuka says she feels sick...the end.


on a related note, if you listen to the commentary, there's speculation that that's asuka, rei and misato in the same body. if you notice her eyes, they're brown, the color of misato's eyes. and then she has bandages on her right (or is it left? please correct me if I'm wrong) eye and arm, the same parts in which rei had bandages at the beginning of the series. again, this is just speculation. only Anno really knows.



it was SEELE


Pause at the moment she looks down at Shinji. Those eyes are blue, not terd brown. No offense to Misato (Love U 2). Her left eye is the one bandaged as is her right arm. They are both just like it was in the attack. Its simple people. Asuka came back. Thats it! No one else. Everyone was content with the fake realities they found in instrumentality. Shinji and Asuka weren't. Why? You tell me why if you think you know.



Hmm, interesting hypothesis you have there and with full details too... Yeah, I wonder why Asuka and Shinji weren't affected by the instrumentality project... was it because they were in their EVA pods (though Asuka's EVA was ripped badly, OMG another SPOILER!!! SRY PPL!! Gomen nei...~~) This thread can be used for those who watched it already so i assume most of you who reply to this thread have watched both the series and End of Evangelion and the other episodes they have. Well, that's all i can refer to since I've lost the episodes for End of Evangelion, I can't find it again... waaa T.T Lolz but what you say was right! That's Asuka and Asuka alone. Nobody else... everybody else 'vaporized' or I don't know what's the term you guys give it... If you have any comments pls do so... I await your reply... ^^,


Logical thinking. It would seem thats a reasonable conclusion to draw, the plugs I mean.
3927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 2/9/08
i love evangelion i like ren and misato the most
6379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46
Offline
Posted 2/10/08

deadNormane wrote:

i love evangelion i like ren and misato the most


huh... you'd think it be asuka
57807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / --♥--[ g o i n g...
Offline
Posted 2/10/08
I've read the 1st 2 mangas!!!!
3927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 2/10/08

ds0192234 wrote:


deadNormane wrote:

i love evangelion i like ren and misato the most


huh... you'd think it be asuka


i know but i like them better

i dont know why
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.