First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Pro/Hardcore Gamers
Posted 8/24/08

jette1221 wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

Lol what I meant was, you have to play CS:S even if you don't feel like it. But yeah, speed runs, secret bosses and stuff like that, can net you serious side cash. They have sites where people pay people to totally destroy there favorite games and do things they think its impossible. So yeah, doing stuff like speed runs and challenges are pro, and hardcore.

I think your a hardcore gamer, playing games for 20 hours a day doesn't make you hardcore just like playing them 5 hours a week doesn't


Lol, no wonder people pay you for doing those stuffs as it requires planning and anything of that sort[time waster]... I usually finish many of those challenge in a months time or more... yep, im a pretty slow, yet dedicated gamer...


Yeah, I have seen people do insane stuff, like getting full Karma in Ninja Gaiden. It's so amazing for me to see there skills like that, when I had trouble just beating the game normally, there doing everything PERFECTLY on hard mode. My skill isn't really in completing games to there fullest and doing the most awesome things ever, just beating the crap out of other people in them lol.

Although for some single player RPG's I go crazy lol...
Posted 8/24/08

dmitsuki wrote:


jette1221 wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

Lol what I meant was, you have to play CS:S even if you don't feel like it. But yeah, speed runs, secret bosses and stuff like that, can net you serious side cash. They have sites where people pay people to totally destroy there favorite games and do things they think its impossible. So yeah, doing stuff like speed runs and challenges are pro, and hardcore.

I think your a hardcore gamer, playing games for 20 hours a day doesn't make you hardcore just like playing them 5 hours a week doesn't


Lol, no wonder people pay you for doing those stuffs as it requires planning and anything of that sort[time waster]... I usually finish many of those challenge in a months time or more... yep, im a pretty slow, yet dedicated gamer...


Yeah, I have seen people do insane stuff, like getting full Karma in Ninja Gaiden. It's so amazing for me to see there skills like that, when I had trouble just beating the game normally, there doing everything PERFECTLY on hard mode. My skill isn't really in completing games to there fullest and doing the most awesome things ever, just beating the crap out of other people in them lol.

Although for some single player RPG's I go crazy lol...


My mindset has always been:
RPG: this game probably has a secret boss, I wonder how tough it is?
Fast phased games like DMC, GoW and fighting: I saw those crazy combos on youtube... I wonder if I can replicate them?
Side scrolling/adventure: I wonder how fast I can finish this thing?

I always love to challenge myself and see how good i am... But, basically, I was just jealous of those hardcore gamers and their skills... >.<
Posted 8/24/08 , edited 8/24/08
I'm a causal gamer. I like certain games, but I don't go nuts with them. I do have burning hatred for most things titled Final Fantasy.
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
Do you consider yourself a Pro Gamer if you're a usual player in Arcade Tournaments and crap? And yes, you have a good record.
1092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
<=== is not a hardcore gamer by any means... it just wouldn't seem fun to me

I play games for recreation... the way i look at it Pro-Gaming would take away the fun factor =(

I see nothing wrong with it though... I just probably couldn't stand it myself >.<

people who make fun of pro-gamers just want to take away someone else's achievements however... there are some "pro-gamers" that can be very annoing... SK gaming is quite cool thought =D

and yea... Final Fantasy was good but now its gotta die =D

pwn it with some leet sauwce!!!
1329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
97 / F
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
Back during my university days, I would have considered myself a pro/hardcore gamer. These days though, with work and real life, way more of a casual most of the time. On my leave-days though, well, the hardcore gamer rises again, and whatever games are at hand, are quickly devoured.

Not that it's better or worse, playing some games hardcore can be a pretty fun thing (see, WoW pre-BC (O.M.G, full dreadmist? I's are deadly!)), but I have doubts I could stick with any game long enough to be a pro-gamer anymore.
14767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / ★
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
*ettou.. i won't consider myself as a hardcore gamer.. since.. i can't stay up for days only to play games..

*but.. sometimes, if i really like the game i can stay up for 15+ hours playing it.. lol.. xDD no.. im not kiddin.. and.. that happened to me when i played RE 4, MGS 3, DMC 2, Area 51.. xD

*RPG games? i dont like them.. it's boring (no offense to those who like those type of games xD ^^v)

*FF Series? lol.. i've played one of them once.. but got TOTALLY bored.. xDD

*Games with lots of actions rules!! xD
1155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/25/08 , edited 8/25/08
wow.. i wish i cud resign on my job, and play games all night long just 2 be a pro/hardcore gamer..

i think im just a hardcore noob? cuz' im not a fan of harvest moon but i tried playing innocent life.. ..wrong?
Posted 8/25/08
I consider myself pretty hardcore, not necessarily because of how long I play or how pro I am, but rather what games I know and which ones I like. I go by the motto: Tell me what games you play and I'll tell you what kind of gamer you are.

381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
Since playing casually isn't up there, I guess I don't have the inhumane ability to stay up as late and mash as much buttons than the other players.
80213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
The final fantasy question is an easy one to answer. Everyone has heard of it, even noobs. Plus for a lot of "noobs" it is their first inspiring RPG.... meaning that it is the first RPG they play. For a lot it is a gateway into the world of RPGs. So for a lot the series is one of their favorite games. And we like to talk about our favorite things don't we?

I am not sure what you mean in your second paragraph, BUT I can venture a guess. I believe that "being a hardcore gamer" is something that you do need to work at. But the question is, how many games do you have to own or play for x amount of hours to become "hardcore"? Keep in mind we were all newbies once. It is easy to target gamers because they have a hobby that is still considered childish. In reality video games were never really meant to entertain people over the age of 10. Plus there is the sterotype that comes with playing lots of video games. You know, out of shape, acne, no social skills. And since gaming is already frowned upon in society. It just adds fuel to the fire when people, who do more accepted things, are shown up. It is like my dad, he HATES golfers, it is because my dad takes great care of his body, he works out everyday, takes his vitamins, and watches what he eats. So he can be in peak physical condition to woo females with his ability to play most any sport with little or no trouble. However, he SUCKS at golf... I assume since he has never played the game, anyway he hates the idea that if he loses to a golfer, who has only devouted his life to golf, he looks like the loser. I figure it is the same for other people who lack a skill. I know as a computer person I come under persecution when I criticize people for lack of general knowledge of computers. While I am a bit more justified people just hate others who have skills they do not.

As for your definitions, I guess it is each to their own. I disagree with the hardcore gamers definition because my family was poor and I barely managed to get any gaming in back in the DOS days. So by definition I am not a hardcore gamer XD and trust me anyone who says I am not one on accound of that is a moron who does not know what they are talking about. I define one a hardcore gamer as someone who has a general apperciation for gaming. To me that means they cherish all of their games, I have a hard time calling anyone who trades in games a hardcore gamer. Second while they have their own personal likes and dislikes, a hardcore gamer can find jems in all game genres, I know I own at least 1 game from all known genres. Finally there is apperciation for the classics. While a hardcore gamer looks forward to the future, he still reveres the past. Because without the past gaming would not be where it is. But this is just my opinion.

The rest of the definitions are spot on. Though for Hardcore Noob, I would add only buys games for achievement points and trophies.
Posted 8/25/08

Nakapagpabagabag wrote:

Do you consider yourself a Pro Gamer if you're a usual player in Arcade Tournaments and crap? And yes, you have a good record.


If your serious about it yeah, if your just doing it for fun every now and then then no.
Posted 8/25/08

jandarujora wrote:

I consider myself pretty hardcore, not necessarily because of how long I play or how pro I am, but rather what games I know and which ones I like. I go by the motto: Tell me what games you play and I'll tell you what kind of gamer you are.



Yeah, hours are not really a factor in being hardcore. Your still hardcore if you have work and a job and a girlfriend and stuff. Just because your hardcore you don't have to sacrifice every other aspect of life to game for 20 hours a day. It's the games you play and the way in which you play them.
Posted 8/25/08

anti-freeze wrote:

The final fantasy question is an easy one to answer. Everyone has heard of it, even noobs. Plus for a lot of "noobs" it is their first inspiring RPG.... meaning that it is the first RPG they play. For a lot it is a gateway into the world of RPGs. So for a lot the series is one of their favorite games. And we like to talk about our favorite things don't we?

I am not sure what you mean in your second paragraph, BUT I can venture a guess. I believe that "being a hardcore gamer" is something that you do need to work at. But the question is, how many games do you have to own or play for x amount of hours to become "hardcore"? Keep in mind we were all newbies once. It is easy to target gamers because they have a hobby that is still considered childish. In reality video games were never really meant to entertain people over the age of 10. Plus there is the sterotype that comes with playing lots of video games. You know, out of shape, acne, no social skills. And since gaming is already frowned upon in society. It just adds fuel to the fire when people, who do more accepted things, are shown up. It is like my dad, he HATES golfers, it is because my dad takes great care of his body, he works out everyday, takes his vitamins, and watches what he eats. So he can be in peak physical condition to woo females with his ability to play most any sport with little or no trouble. However, he SUCKS at golf... I assume since he has never played the game, anyway he hates the idea that if he loses to a golfer, who has only devouted his life to golf, he looks like the loser. I figure it is the same for other people who lack a skill. I know as a computer person I come under persecution when I criticize people for lack of general knowledge of computers. While I am a bit more justified people just hate others who have skills they do not.

As for your definitions, I guess it is each to their own. I disagree with the hardcore gamers definition because my family was poor and I barely managed to get any gaming in back in the DOS days. So by definition I am not a hardcore gamer XD and trust me anyone who says I am not one on accound of that is a moron who does not know what they are talking about. I define one a hardcore gamer as someone who has a general apperciation for gaming. To me that means they cherish all of their games, I have a hard time calling anyone who trades in games a hardcore gamer. Second while they have their own personal likes and dislikes, a hardcore gamer can find jems in all game genres, I know I own at least 1 game from all known genres. Finally there is apperciation for the classics. While a hardcore gamer looks forward to the future, he still reveres the past. Because without the past gaming would not be where it is. But this is just my opinion.

The rest of the definitions are spot on. Though for Hardcore Noob, I would add only buys games for achievement points and trophies.


You misinterpreted my hardcore gaming definition. I just meant people who are very knowledgeable about games, and can recognize quality. And of course, play games and good games, some more hardcore'ly then others. (I was poor to almost all my life, and didn't even have a computer period till Iate in life, but I loveee my Sega Genesis)
80213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 8/25/08

dmitsuki wrote:

You misinterpreted my hardcore gaming definition. I just meant people who are very knowledgeable about games, and can recognize quality. And of course, play games and good games, some more hardcore'ly then others. (I was poor to almost all my life, and didn't even have a computer period till Iate in life, but I loveee my Sega Genesis)
Just taking your definition as literal I guess. I play bad games so I know why they are bad.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.