First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Medal Count Controversies
895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 8/24/08 , edited 8/25/08
Is American loser or just the media ?

In http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/index.html?GT1=39003 the web put USA top the list
even though every time is show by Gold medals ranking instead of most medal count.

Even the polls out of 50% is voted for total count, and the voter should be guessable.

Not only msn web, Yahoo and usa media show in medal counts instead of ranking.

USA msn website purposely only listed 2004 and 2008 Olympics and change to total count rankings.

This is 1994 record,

G S B TOTAL
1 Russia 11 8 4 23
2 Norway 10 11 5 26
3 Germany 9 7 8 24
4 Italy Italy 7 5 8 20
5 United States 6 5 2 13
6 South Korea 4 1 1 6
7 CANADA 3 6 4 13

Isn't this count by gold, why they don't debate.


Let make an example

RANK 1 country got 100 medals but all bronze

AND RANK 2 got 99 all GOLDS

lol funny

Fair ranking go wikipedia.org



5103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / it's all in your...
Offline
Posted 8/24/08
Have you got a personal vendetta against Americans?

I mean, every country would do what it takes to win, and not just the US. You say they are crafty, but aren't they all?
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 8/24/08
i know its stupid. China kicked the crap out of America in medals, but we still had to make it seem like we came out on top.

had to salvage at least some of our pride, right?
Posted 8/24/08
I will take "who gives a damn?" for 100, Alex.
5384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ふぃりぴん!
Offline
Posted 8/24/08
LoL.
I don't care.
I mean if one person knows the truth about all of this, that's enough for me.
895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 8/24/08

WeeBoX wrote:

Have you got a personal vendetta against Americans?

I mean, every country would do what it takes to win, and not just the US. You say they are crafty, but aren't they all?


What is take to win is by match not by changing the fact in the records.

No offense to you.

All Country people have different culture and personality. That mean is impossible to say "all". The issue here is "most american" take it as they top.
5319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 8/24/08
never ending controversies...
5103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / it's all in your...
Offline
Posted 8/24/08

cracktheegg wrote:


WeeBoX wrote:

Have you got a personal vendetta against Americans?

I mean, every country would do what it takes to win, and not just the US. You say they are crafty, but aren't they all?


What is take to win is by match not by changing the fact in the records.

No offense to you.

All Country people have different culture and personality. That mean is impossible to say "all". The issue here is "most american" take it as they top.


Quite frankly, I could care less considering the Olympic organizers should have a credible and qualified panel of people who would sort out the issue of the rankings, medals and whatnot.

If some played it fair, good. If not, well it is not my problem.
15270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / in a parallel uni...
Offline
Posted 8/24/08
I guess it is debateable
654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / US
Offline
Posted 8/24/08
Eh, it's the media, blame NBC. At any rate they really ought to use some sort of point system to clear all the differences.

Why?...Well yeah, 99 Gold > 100 Bronze...

However if we were to change that to one, single gold medal...And change the 100 Bronze into 100 Silver metals. It would be a little unfair to say that the country with one gold medal did better than said coutry that earned 100 silver metals.

Of course, I myself really don't care too much about who is on top of the medal counts and the like...
1385 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Not telling...
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
Of course they want to make America look good by ranking them number 1 but we all know that China has the most gold (51).
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 8/25/08 , edited 8/25/08
what the controversy and why are u the only who seems to have a problem with it.
because they listed it as most over all medals and not most gold. it been listed both ways depending on site and during the whole games NBC listed it in order of total Medals when China was ahead of the US. there is no official ranking of countries. no "gold medal" for most gold medals. u can look at it as china won more events or that the US had more people get medals. even a an bronze Olympic medal is a big deal.
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
Now I have this eerie feeling about my country being the best, yet always fail.
895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 8/25/08 , edited 8/25/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:

what the controversy and why are u the only who seems to have a problem with it.
because they listed it as most over all medals and not most gold. it been listed both ways depending on site and during the whole games NBC listed it in order of total Medals when China was ahead of the US. there is no official ranking of countries. no "gold medal" for most gold medals. u can look at it as china won more events or that the US had more people get medals. even a an bronze Olympic medal is a big deal.


This topic started from our school teacher.
Seem like not only me

Every year the medal listing in yahoo is ranking-"gold count"
but in oder to list American top they change to most medal
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 8/25/08

cracktheegg wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:

what the controversy and why are u the only who seems to have a problem with it.
because they listed it as most over all medals and not most gold. it been listed both ways depending on site and during the whole games NBC listed it in order of total Medals when China was ahead of the US. there is no official ranking of countries. no "gold medal" for most gold medals. u can look at it as china won more events or that the US had more people get medals. even a an bronze Olympic medal is a big deal.


This topic started from our school teacher.
Seem like not only me

Every year the medal listing in yahoo is ranking-"gold count"
but in oder to list American top they change to most medal


no because it was by most medals early on when china was a head with total medals and the US had more gold and that on Yahoo and NBC. every site lists it different and NBC always listed it as total
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.