First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Chinese gymnast underage?
9881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / underwater
Offline
Posted 8/28/08
so true so true...
Asians r usually shorter than Americans, and skinnier too
and since it's Gymnastics, wouldn't the coach choose the smaller Chinese to compete? it's just common sense
and Chinese has always been good at Gymnastics and diving, what's wrong wtih winnning?
and is there somthing wrong with being small?
273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 8/28/08

tinyd0t wrote:


shibole wrote:




I don't blame you for believing the US media so easily, at the end of the day, nothing and i mean NOTHING good will ever come out from US media's mouth apart from reporting how great America is

I feel sorry for those performers who worked so hard in the Olympics because all they get after is people attacking the stuff that's not even important or not related to their performance. Plus I like you to explain how china cheated? all the judges comes from all different countries, all bias judging will results in penalties, plus all cameras are stand by in every angles in every competitions, if china ever cheated, i'm sure there will be alot of 'cheating videos' floating around, but you see none so far, do you?

And you've never lived in China before, the Chinese government let the rest of ethnic minorities to have their own village and culture, that's why you don't see a lot of them in major cities. Plus not many Tibetans complains about China apart from the bloody dalai lamas, just because China free the slaves from them, they hold a grudge against the government

If we don't have birth control, you will then complain about how many Chinese are manipulating in this world and make rubbish about it, and you don't get it, do you? poor country have lots of children, and lots of children will make the country poorer, plus it's only big cities that have the birth control thing, villages that do farming as their main income can have 2 if the first one is not a boy

Once again, if the Chinese government wanted to lie about He's age, you wouldn't be able to find those 'proofs' on internet that can be easily searched on Google, I'm sure that they can afford a few hundred bucks to erase all these 'evidence' before the Olympics since we spent 40 billions on the whole event.



I have to say, your argument seems a little biased and defensive to me. Just like you can't definitively say that a crime wasn't committed just because no smoking gun was found, you can't definitively say that evidence found contradicting He's age is false because the Chinese government would have destroyed all evidence if they really did falsify records. Whether China allowed gymnasts that did not meet the age requirement to compete or not is something that investigations by the IOC will determine. However, I believe that it is distasteful to accuse the US of creating excuses because of their losses or to suggest that the US media is more biased than an other country's media.

While you believe that the US is biased against China, it seems that it is more accurate to say that you're slight biased against the US. The fact is question of the age qualification of the Chinese gymnasts was not raised by only the US, but other nations involved in the Olympics as well. The entire issue was brought to light in the media well before the commencement of the gymnastics competition. Therefore, the US did not conquer up the complaint after being beating by China's team as an excuse for their loss.

"I feel sorry for those performers who worked so hard in the Olympics because all they get after is people attacking the stuff that's not even important or not related to their performance." That was just a gross misstatement that you gave above. People are not criticizing the athletes because of their country or how they look or what they wear. The issue at hand is whether athletes are following the rules that have been previously decided for the competition. While it seems unfair, elite athletes do have to go through a lot to legitimize their achievements. The act is, investigations and drug testings are a necessity to maintain the integrity of athletic competition.

The US does not discriminate against the athletes of specific countries. Some athletes simply arouse suspicions, as greatness in athletics tends to do in this era. For example, Usain Bolt has been drug tested multiple times before and after races. In fact, ALL athletes are subject to scrutinization. A Vietnamese gymnast was caught with an illicit substance in her body and barred from competition. The Vietnamese gymnast was not even close to being a medal contender but attention was still given to her by the US media. In fact, the US media even reported prior to the Olympics of US athletes that had been barred from competition for testing positive for illicit substances.

I really do hope you amend your views because you seem to be villainizing the US, its people, and its media. I believe that your opinions are too extreme and are not completely justified.


1006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/28/08

tinyd0t wrote:

Please don't just compare the looks of the Chinese team with US team

If you think they look underage, these are Japanese gymnast that played in the 2008 Olympic too, they placed 5th overall! Well done girls!

I've done some research on internet to prove that not just Chinese, Asian gymnasts DO look younger!

* Sorry Americans... *






Well i think you missed the point here. Even if they're obviously underaged, nobody would care if they didn't win any medal.
16313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ♪ ♫ ☼ england
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

tinyd0t wrote:




O_____________O Kate?
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

hespernhu wrote:
This has died down now in the media. I have to reiterate though that the speculation about the possibility of China's gymnasts being underaged arose BEFORE the Olympics (not after the US was defeated by them) and the their age was doubted by many countries, not the US alone. While popular media in the US did revisit and emphasize that issue, it was not something that the US made-up to explain their loss.


As you say the matter has died off a bit now, and its true that the underage matter exist before the Olympics but then the matter was nothing more than a 'rumor' before the Olympics, and then the whole thing made headlines soon after China won, not to mention about some US gymnasts/coach said something 'unusal' happens just before the game start, whether its true or not I have no idea but its pretty clear that the US seems to make the underage into some sort of an excuse that they lost because they believe there is a possibility that China cheated by using underage gymnasts, again that's just my personal view



hespernhu wrote:
I do believe that since there is some doubt about the eligibility of the Chinese gymnasts, investigations SHOULD take place.


If you've read my previous, I was supporting the IOC and FIG to do a thorough investigation too, then again they've done the investigation twice before the Olympics and the purpose of my original post was to proof to those people who think ONLY the Chinese gymnasts look underage, but the fact is, most Asian, especially Asian gymnasts, look much younger than their actual age



hespernhu wrote:
While you believe that the US is biased against China, it seems that it is more accurate to say that you're slight biased against the US. The fact is question of the age qualification of the Chinese gymnasts was not raised by only the US, but other nations involved in the Olympics as well.


Again, if you've read my last few replies, not only me, but its pretty much agreed between Americans (well I presume that they were since they were defending America), that American media always have some of 'affinity' of talking about China, and most of issues were negative, again of course there are nice Americans who see things in both side and think before they point the fingers, but there are a lot of Americans ( a lot I've seen on the internet, but again the internet users doesn't represent the whole population of America ) have been influenced by these negative issues which some are falsely / biasly reported ( I am not saying everything the Chinese government do is right ) and again this matter wasn't even as big in the UK, nor in Asia pacific, why? Probably as someone commented before, its pretty much of a factor about the love-hate relationships between China and America



hespernhu wrote:
"I feel sorry for those performers who worked so hard in the Olympics because all they get after is people attacking the stuff that's not even important or not related to their performance." That was just a gross misstatement that you gave above.


I don't know if I didn't make the statement clear or you misunderstood me, what I meant by 'the performers' were no one other than the performers who performed in the Opening ceremony, even though they earned hell a lot of applause shortly after the Olympics, but all the negative stories came very quickly afterward and then everyone seems to focus on digging faults rather than thinking all the hard works behind the event, e.g. girl miming and the graphical fireworks etc



hespernhu wrote:
I really do hope you amend your views because you seem to be villainizing the US, its people, and its media. I believe that your opinions are too extreme and are not completely justified.


Again, I think you should read all my replies in this post before judging whether I am an extreme US hater or not, I admit that America is not my favorite country in overall but I do appreciate some of it's pop culture, people, technology and development, I only hate how America government think Americanism is how the world should be


9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

Chance16 wrote:

O_____________O Kate?


lol that makes 4 of us from school that go on CR

16313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ♪ ♫ ☼ england
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

tinyd0t wrote:

lol that makes 4 of us from school that go on CR



lmao i was staring at your pic for quite a while before saying anything, wasn't sure if it was youuu lol

whose the other 2? cindy?

9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

Chance16 wrote:

lmao i was staring at your pic for quite a while before saying anything, wasn't sure if it was youuu lol

whose the other 2? cindy?



lol it took me a while to realised that was you too!

yeah its cindy and another guy from my form
Posted 8/29/08
Its not that Asian girls look too young, its that USA girls look to mature. You want to know why? Because they have been drinking milk for 16 years, and that milk as hormones and all sort of shit in it, that makes kids mature faster ... that basically sums it up.

Don't think its true? Go buy ORGANIC milk and test it. Organic milk and normal milk are seriously like 2 different foods. They sure taste like 2 different foods.
16241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

MasakiKudo wrote:

Chinese people = alot shorter than Americans.


not really...I'm COMPLETELY Chinese, i'm 14. (turning 15 this year Nov) and i'm 5'9--and yes i'm a girl.

but most girls my age are generally 5'6 or so --- yes i'm talking about Asians. Chinese Asians to be exact.

as for do i think the Chinese cheated?

honestly, I'm Chinese, and I think-- I do not know-- they probably have cheated. 'cause its REALLY easy to change their age. A mere parent can change a child's age before they enter school, their parents can also change the child's age when they're born, and you can change your child's age long as you have MONEY. it doesn't matter.

and we're talking about THE Chinese Government here. *shrugs* so is it possible that they've changed the girl's age? yes. its very possible. I'm currently Chinese-Canadian (Chinese by blood; but Canadian by citizenship) and i got a bunch of ESL friends whom are in the same grade as me, BUT is a year younger; why? 'cause their parents changed their Birthdays. so they skipped a grade.
Posted 8/29/08

Omok wrote:


MasakiKudo wrote:

Chinese people = alot shorter than Americans.


not really...I'm COMPLETELY Chinese, i'm 14. (turning 15 this year Nov) and i'm 5'9--and yes i'm a girl.

but most girls my age are generally 5'6 or so --- yes i'm talking about Asians. Chinese Asians to be exact.

as for do i think the Chinese cheated?

honestly, I'm Chinese, and I think-- I do not know-- they probably have cheated. 'cause its REALLY easy to change their age. A mere parent can change a child's age before they enter school, their parents can also change the child's age when they're born, and you can change your child's age long as you have MONEY. it doesn't matter.

and we're talking about THE Chinese Government here. *shrugs* so is it possible that they've changed the girl's age? yes. its very possible. I'm currently Chinese-Canadian (Chinese by blood; but Canadian by citizenship) and i got a bunch of ESL friends whom are in the same grade as me, BUT is a year younger; why? 'cause their parents changed their Birthdays. so they skipped a grade.


Don't want to be rude here, but there are 1.5 BILLION Chinese! Of course some girl is going to come out to be tall like you ....
16241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

hezakk wrote:


Omok wrote:


MasakiKudo wrote:

Chinese people = alot shorter than Americans.


not really...I'm COMPLETELY Chinese, i'm 14. (turning 15 this year Nov) and i'm 5'9--and yes i'm a girl.

but most girls my age are generally 5'6 or so --- yes i'm talking about Asians. Chinese Asians to be exact.

as for do i think the Chinese cheated?

honestly, I'm Chinese, and I think-- I do not know-- they probably have cheated. 'cause its REALLY easy to change their age. A mere parent can change a child's age before they enter school, their parents can also change the child's age when they're born, and you can change your child's age long as you have MONEY. it doesn't matter.

and we're talking about THE Chinese Government here. *shrugs* so is it possible that they've changed the girl's age? yes. its very possible. I'm currently Chinese-Canadian (Chinese by blood; but Canadian by citizenship) and i got a bunch of ESL friends whom are in the same grade as me, BUT is a year younger; why? 'cause their parents changed their Birthdays. so they skipped a grade.


Don't want to be rude here, but there are 1.5 BILLION Chinese! Of course some girl is going to come out to be tall like you ....


wasn't it just 1.35 billion? O_O; *shrugs* yeah thats' why i also pointed out most girls -- chinese girls-- are like 5'4~5'6 xDDDD here in Canada at least. and America. as for China, possibly a bit shorter; but probably not by much since it wouldn't make sense.
16313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ♪ ♫ ☼ england
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

tinyd0t wrote:

lol it took me a while to realised that was you too!

yeah its cindy and another guy from my form


getting ready for uni?
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

Omok wrote:


hezakk wrote:


Omok wrote:


MasakiKudo wrote:

Chinese people = alot shorter than Americans.


not really...I'm COMPLETELY Chinese, i'm 14. (turning 15 this year Nov) and i'm 5'9--and yes i'm a girl.

but most girls my age are generally 5'6 or so --- yes i'm talking about Asians. Chinese Asians to be exact.

as for do i think the Chinese cheated?

honestly, I'm Chinese, and I think-- I do not know-- they probably have cheated. 'cause its REALLY easy to change their age. A mere parent can change a child's age before they enter school, their parents can also change the child's age when they're born, and you can change your child's age long as you have MONEY. it doesn't matter.

and we're talking about THE Chinese Government here. *shrugs* so is it possible that they've changed the girl's age? yes. its very possible. I'm currently Chinese-Canadian (Chinese by blood; but Canadian by citizenship) and i got a bunch of ESL friends whom are in the same grade as me, BUT is a year younger; why? 'cause their parents changed their Birthdays. so they skipped a grade.


Don't want to be rude here, but there are 1.5 BILLION Chinese! Of course some girl is going to come out to be tall like you ....


wasn't it just 1.35 billion? O_O; *shrugs* yeah thats' why i also pointed out most girls -- chinese girls-- are like 5'4~5'6 xDDDD here in Canada at least. and America. as for China, possibly a bit shorter; but probably not by much since it wouldn't make sense.


Southern Chinese tends to be small while northerners are taller, I myself is averagely tiny, 4 foot 10 and I'm 20, and most of Chinese girls around me are only around 5 foot 2, so I suppose it REALLY depends on genes, since our race is way too broad to explain, and its 1.35 billion Chinese in China, and around 1.5/6 billion Chinese overall in the world including overseas
9325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

Chance16 wrote:


tinyd0t wrote:

lol it took me a while to realised that was you too!

yeah its cindy and another guy from my form


getting ready for uni?


i hope so ;p

u going to find a job?.?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.