First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Is anime bad?
8233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
inside your head
Offline
Posted 8/25/08 , edited 8/25/08
this thread is bad... it stinks..
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Sasayaki(moonligh...
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
Anime isn't bad. In fact, anime is for everyone. There are, as there are with movies, different genres, and appeal to specific age groups, and interests. Adults MAY think anime is bad because of one little ecchi scene they may of happened to see as they were passing while their child was watching Love Hina.(But then again, love hina is ecchi). For instance, Chobits was originally made for college students, yet I, 14, have watched and enjoyed it. But chobits isn't really an ecchi anime, yet it still has attributes unsuitable for children. Adults may also think that anime is for kids(5-9 or below) because it's animated, or because of the genre(such as sailor moon pokemon and card captor sakura)
So really anime isn't bad! It's all in a person(s) head!
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
Hahahhahahaha.
Ohhhh, strrikkee.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/25/08 , edited 8/25/08



my next words do not apply to you:
basically heres how it is, there is always people who look for scapegoats, people who try to justify putting down other things in order to boost their ego. these people are the same people that sue McDonald saying that their food made them fat. they just blame it on others, cmon its obvious that they were at fault for making the choice to buy the food. this leads me to another reality, people that blame video games for childhood obesity, and other problems like violence. In that case its the parents fault for not making good decision for their kids. Kids cant buy mature games(See ESRB, CERO, and PEGI), likewise with anime thats what a freaking VCHIP is for oh heres a quote from form president Clinton(the man who proposed) “If every parent uses this chip wisely, it can become a powerful voice against teen violence, teen pregnancy, teen drug use, and for both learning and entertainment,”, parents should just stop blaming other things like video games and anime with what wrong with their kids, and start trying to compensate for their ignorance

And in case they blame it on the internet they are still mistaken its easy to limit the time a child can spend on the internet per day,they can also (like with the vchip) block unsuitable content , its just a matter of knowing how
15006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/25/08

drusila wrote:

Yea actually I think anime is bad, I have watched it for years and nowdays I mostly watch it as an time killer. I can't see why so many people always say that anime is for adults and older people since it is so deep in the story while things like disney is only for children. This I find uterly bullshit, if you compare many of the animes which comes out to day with one of the older more fantastic disney movies there will be an big diffrence the japanese cartoon will be the childish one. This i build on many facts:

* Animes like Shakugan No Shana, and Zero No tsukaima contains so called comedy. But what is so adult about cartoon figures screaming insults at each other and using wands to punish each other. Is it so grown up when one characther punshes the other one because he or she said somthing mean?

* In animes we learn that true love is: 5-6 girls all of them after the same boy which often is rather stupid and can't seem to understand why suddenly 5-6 girls shows up at his door all of them with their own so sad background (good example Clannad) The guy takes his time and spends time which each of the girls then at the last episode after drooling after every girls which have large boobs he turns to the most ordinary of them and say "I love you" and all of the anime fans goes wild "This is true love" and "oww he love her so much" Eventhough the "main" girl got least attention through all of the episodes and even though the boy always looked at other girls suddenly true love is what they have. I don't want to experience true love if it is like that.

* we learn through anime to: Steal partners from each other
Betray all of our close one
Hurt others
Steal, kill and rape
We learn to break up perfect couples which truley love each other because of jelousy.

* we learn through shonen that all of life is about getting stronger and just spend our days hitting each other with gigant weapons for no good reason in 340+ episods.

Anime dosen't actually bring that much of "deep" story. There isn't often any good message in anime to follow not in the same deep way as many of the disney movies can touch people with message of love, and friendship.

Then I almost forgot the most important part in anime SEX, the anime industry almost only have one goal and that is to get perverted guys to buy tons of animes with belongings this through FANSERVICE, nice looking anime female characthers with large boobs which over and over just happens to loose their shirt or just has to have shower scenes appearing naked is the number one goal.

I used to like anime really much but it has died away and I can no longer find anything good with anime so I can truley say "anime is bad"


? one question after reading all of that i got the the point where do you hate anime or like??? even do you say you its bad do you like anime???
15006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/25/08

My_username_sucks wrote:

O.O unbelievable. I didn't know any of that. But ARE YOU SURE ITS TRUE!?!?!?!?!?


if you are talking about me i never said it was true if not forget you ever got this quote ok
15006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/25/08

jeromemmzz wrote:

this thread is bad... it stinks..


thx for that
11114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / College
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
no no no X( its a wonderful thing to have anime it's a way of expressing feelings (not always in a socially acceptable way) and one of my friends would be out of a job if it didn't exist .......... and plus when people talking about anime they shouldn't bring religion into it (i know plenty of anime that feature western religions)or make fun of the way the japanese speak cause that pisses me off like crazy and makes you look like a closed-minded baka (to-chan)
p.s. joshrl-kun, love the pic XD
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 8/25/08

joshrl wrote:

I DID NOT WRITE OR AGREE WITH ANY OF THE WORDS IN BLACK SO NO MORE PEOPLE SEND ME MESSAGE SAYING IAM BAD OR ANYTHING ELSE I HAD ENOUGH OF IT

Many of you are probably aware of Japanese anime (Japanese animation or Japanimation) because of popular kids shows like Pokemon, Speed Racer or Star Blazers. Prior to release in the west, these shows have been cleaned up from their original violent and sexually explicit hentai (perverted) form which most Japanese cartoons seem to take. Fortunately these shows are edited and redubbed without all the violent and sexual content when they are released in the United States.
Make no mistake about it though: unlike in America, in Japan cartoons aren’t just for children. Probably due to the high cost of big budget live-action productions, a number of programs are produced for Japanese adults in the animation format. Often these are shown late at night to keep them away from children, but even the cartoons shown to children are violent, sexual in nature and make numerous references to magic and demons with no mention of G-d or Jesus. That’s because most Asians do not believe in G-d, but rather in primitive religions such as Buddhism or Shintoism (paganism).

That's right. The Japanese don't believe in G-d! They follow primitive religions like Buddhism with its litany of evil, perverted beliefs. No wonder these Japanese cultural samurai warriors have secretly released these dastardly ANIME cartoons on our unsuspecting boys and girls. And, oh, the horrors they have unleashed! Why, did you know ANIME is the wicked, malicious force behind a wave of murders sweeping the world? I didn't either, until now.



i found this while looking up anime on google and its saying that anime is bad and it is teachingg kids aout murder. it also says "did you know ANIME is the wicked, malicious force behind a wave of murders sweeping the world?" read it for your self thre was more but it would make people get bord if i copyed and pasted all of it instead just copy this link:http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2007/10/5/1354/99673
it even says it a threat to america well i am safe i live in the uk lol.

post what you have to say about this
by the way people are getting confused about what i wrote here i only wrote the part at the bottom and copyed and pasted all of the top from a website what was say that anime is bad sao please stop say that i should get of this sight it to make it easyer all what i wrote will be in blue ok the rest will be in black what i copyed from a website to show you all


For a minute I thought you were a 40 year old religious wingnut posing as a 13 year old kid. Put it in quotes so people don't actually think that's you. Anyway Buddhism and Shintoism are far from primitive and it's extremely bigoted of that man to claim so. He's just an extreme right wing idiot who can't believe that not everyone is christian and is constantly railing against the world because of it. He also seems jingoistic.
Posted 8/25/08
depends >.>

but most isn't bad
Posted 8/25/08
anime isnt bad, what do they mean its a threat to america,HOW IS ANIME A THREAT TO AMERICA!!?!?!?
15006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 8/25/08 , edited 8/25/08

artgeek707 wrote:


joshrl wrote:

I DID NOT WRITE OR AGREE WITH ANY OF THE WORDS IN BLACK SO NO MORE PEOPLE SEND ME MESSAGE SAYING IAM BAD OR ANYTHING ELSE I HAD ENOUGH OF IT

Many of you are probably aware of Japanese anime (Japanese animation or Japanimation) because of popular kids shows like Pokemon, Speed Racer or Star Blazers. Prior to release in the west, these shows have been cleaned up from their original violent and sexually explicit hentai (perverted) form which most Japanese cartoons seem to take. Fortunately these shows are edited and redubbed without all the violent and sexual content when they are released in the United States.
Make no mistake about it though: unlike in America, in Japan cartoons aren’t just for children. Probably due to the high cost of big budget live-action productions, a number of programs are produced for Japanese adults in the animation format. Often these are shown late at night to keep them away from children, but even the cartoons shown to children are violent, sexual in nature and make numerous references to magic and demons with no mention of G-d or Jesus. That’s because most Asians do not believe in G-d, but rather in primitive religions such as Buddhism or Shintoism (paganism).

That's right. The Japanese don't believe in G-d! They follow primitive religions like Buddhism with its litany of evil, perverted beliefs. No wonder these Japanese cultural samurai warriors have secretly released these dastardly ANIME cartoons on our unsuspecting boys and girls. And, oh, the horrors they have unleashed! Why, did you know ANIME is the wicked, malicious force behind a wave of murders sweeping the world? I didn't either, until now.



i found this while looking up anime on google and its saying that anime is bad and it is teachingg kids aout murder. it also says "did you know ANIME is the wicked, malicious force behind a wave of murders sweeping the world?" read it for your self thre was more but it would make people get bord if i copyed and pasted all of it instead just copy this link:http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2007/10/5/1354/99673
it even says it a threat to america well i am safe i live in the uk lol.

post what you have to say about this
by the way people are getting confused about what i wrote here i only wrote the part at the bottom and copyed and pasted all of the top from a website what was say that anime is bad sao please stop say that i should get of this sight it to make it easyer all what i wrote will be in blue ok the rest will be in black what i copyed from a website to show you all


For a minute I thought you were a 40 year old religious wingnut posing as a 13 year old kid. Put it in quotes so people don't actually think that's you. Anyway Buddhism and Shintoism are far from primitive and it's extremely bigoted of that man to claim so. He's just an extreme right wing idiot who can't believe that not everyone is christian and is constantly railing against the world because of it. He also seems jingoistic.


whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you think i am a 40 year old man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how dare you call me that if you cheak my info i have friend on this and i came on 1 year ago so can i be 40 year old man and i am religious i hate it when people make fun of any religion. you have made me mad!!!!!!!! and i kid means baby goat am i a baby goat. and 13 that mean i am a teenage now soon i am 14 in a month so never call me 40 year old relgious mand or a 13 year old kid!!!!!!!! i feal much better after writing all of that
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 8/25/08

joshrl wrote:



whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you think i am a 40 year old man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how dare you call me that if you cheak my info i have friend on this and i came on 1 year ago so can i be 40 year old man and i am religious i hate it when people make fun of any religion. you have made me mad!!!!!!!! and i kid means baby goat am i a baby goat. and 13 that mean i am a teenage now soon i am 14 in a month so never call me 40 year old relgious mand or a 13 year old kid!!!!!!!! i feal much better after writing all of that


No you didn't read my response properly. I said "for a minute" I thought you were a 40 year old man. I said that because you didn't put the article in quotes. Edit your 1st post. Highlight what's from the article, click the speech bubble and then respond to the rest of my first post in this thread.
11114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / College
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
ok... drusila or whatever your name is and whoever else agrees with you
have you seen some of the later disney movies not so nice in fact i think that anime and cartoons are two sides of the same coin exept cartoons take everything that could "corrupt" our "nice" children to the point it's embarassing to watch. oh and the showers bit i don't know about you but unlike you i watch anime and unless it's hentai there is no nudity and is it fan service to have big breasts? no one would be complainin' if it was real life( actually most of my friends would rejoice and they have been corrupted by REAL life) but since it was drawn by the japanese it's all bad and stuff

death to the enemies of the immortal god emporer
5584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / America
Offline
Posted 8/25/08
while tru that there are bad influences in anime (as well as all other aspects of life). one shouldnt blame one specific area. for example the show "family guy". the reason why animes are edited are because they want to make it kid friendly but when in fact it is more like family guy in that the matters contained in the program are directed towards the young adult. on the back of mangas they have age rating of usually 13+ and etc, and when those mangas are tranlated into animes, are they suppose to magically become g-rated? it's like taking a horror movie and omitting all the scenes where ppl die or get attacked ... rly scary now eh?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.