First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Christopher Columbus
2212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / back in cr
Offline
Posted 8/26/08 , edited 8/26/08

ah yes Columbus the great discoverer of America without him our founding fathers would not have built our great nation, and the native Americans probably would have been better off; but thats beside the point. you like myself have likely grew up learning that Columbus was this great man who paved our way to this plentiful land or more famously as the man who gave us the day off from school; how demeaning. of course it wasn't till recently that i discovered whats Columbus really did on the shores of America( ie. butcher, slaughter, rape, and pillage or just about how every white explorer did back then. the truth about Columbus was that he was a failure ( he failed about 3 times till the Spanish king thought it was enough; first was a trade route to china, second his promise of more gold than you have use for, and finally his gift of Indian slaves who died due to European disease) people also believe that Columbus was the first to believe that the world was round, but by then it was already an accepted idea(kinda like evolution in our time). the truth was all Columbus really did was discover America( even then there are conflicting information since there is evidence that the Chinese arrived on the west coast before Columbus), that he slaughter all the Arawak's( yes i do mean all as in not a single descendant left on the face of the earth), and that he dies in poverty( probably as a drunk).
237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Middle of nowhere
Offline
Posted 8/26/08
already knew that *is history freak*

thx anyways ^^
2394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The World God Onl...
Offline
Posted 8/26/08
he's a failure..
10637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / cali
Offline
Posted 8/26/08
well, the failure part wasn't his fault... we all have to fail in order to succeed.
but shit, slaughter? that's just harsh.
1006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/26/08

dj_catmix wrote:


ah yes Columbus the great discoverer of America without him our founding fathers would not have built our great nation, and the native Americans probably would have been better off; but thats beside the point. you like myself have likely grew up learning that Columbus was this great man who paved our way to this plentiful land or more famously as the man who gave us the day off from school; how demeaning. of course it wasn't till recently that i discovered whats Columbus really did on the shores of America( ie. butcher, slaughter, rape, and pillage or just about how every white explorer did back then. the truth about Columbus was that he was a failure ( he failed about 3 times till the Spanish king thought it was enough; first was a trade route to china, second his promise of more gold than you have use for, and finally his gift of Indian slaves who died due to European disease) people also believe that Columbus was the first to believe that the world was round, but by then it was already an accepted idea(kinda like evolution in our time). the truth was all Columbus really did was discover America( even then there are conflicting information since there is evidence that the Chinese arrived on the west coast before Columbus), that he slaughter all the Arawak's( yes i do mean all as in not a single descendant left on the face of the earth), and that he dies in poverty( probably as a drunk).




Blaaah, i've never really been a fan of his prior to this thread anyway. Also, he wasn't the first, they said that the first one to see America continent was a sailor, of course he took all the credit, the captain dipshit. And America was there and if it wasn't he who discovered it, someone else would have done too. It's just the matter of time. Columbus contributed none to America's nowadays, really.
53940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/26/08
*failed*
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 8/26/08
meh, theres a saying. History is told by the victors. What we grew up learning was history Columbus perspective
36562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Corner of No and...
Offline
Posted 8/26/08 , edited 8/26/08
No shit Sherlock.

Through your rant you still say that he discovered America but thats bullshit! The Vikings were there first.

Vikings or not - He didn't discover shit - he was too stupid to realize that he wasn't in India. How the fuck do you think Native Americans came to be called "Indians" in the first place? Columbus didn't have anything to do with America becoming a county or any bullshit like that. He was a fool who didn't know his ass from his elbow. It was another guy, Amerigo Vespucci, several years after Columbus' death who realized that it was a whole other country. Thus the name "America" derived from "Amerigo."


Anyways, I can explain why everyone thinks Columbus is this great discoverer dude who changed history: When the legend becomes fact - print the legend. In the year of 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue is easier to remember and sells better to children than Amerigo Vespucci realized that Columbus screwed the fuck up.
2598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/26/08
so he's a homicidal maniac who killed all the people who should have inherited america that is sorta low even for a guy wearing a powdered wig
Posted 8/26/08
whats America =_=?
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / anywhere theirs i...
Offline
Posted 8/26/08 , edited 8/26/08
oh the twisted web we weave .. i heard this in english last year i also learned about how the pilgrams acutally were and about the salaem witch trails it was all a big mess and columbus was a horrible horrible person ... no longer will i celebrate christopher columbus day even though i didnt before there's no chance of that happening in the future *hmph*
2212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / back in cr
Offline
Posted 8/26/08

artgeek707 wrote:

meh, theres a saying. History is told by the victors. What we grew up learning was history Columbus perspective


i hear that
kinda makes you think what the natives would would write him down as?
maybe like the Hitler of their time
Posted 8/26/08

dj_catmix wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

meh, theres a saying. History is told by the victors. What we grew up learning was history Columbus perspective


i hear that
kinda makes you think what the natives would would write him down as?
maybe like the Hitler of their time

or mebeh Hitler is the Christopher of our time o.o *confuses you*

4827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Calibaby.........
Offline
Posted 8/26/08
I've heard about this story and I didn't really believed he discovered America in the first place.
999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/26/08
yeah... people got to america before columbus (vikings, chinese), someone else realised it wasn't india (Amerigo Vespucci), hell he died long before the colinists moved there... All he did was show up, rape, kill, and destroy everything he came across. chirstopher columbus was just an asshole failure who just pilaged some land where he didn't even know where he was to try to save himself from dieing a loser, but it didn't work. Then later the idea was sold that columbus did discover shit because that sounds better than the truth. So now we have some shit holliday to celibrate some asshole who didn't do anything worth celibrating becuaese anything besides "columbus discovers america on accident" doesn't sell on a t-shirt or cofee mug.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.