First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Overated Anime Characters
1216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Neo-Venezia, CA
Offline
Posted 8/27/08 , edited 8/28/08
Well, I'm not sure if anyone post something like this already. If they did, just block it.

Also, please don't get offend if I say anything bad to your favorite characters. Please respect my opinion because I'm sure that some of you guys may not like my favorite characters as well. I mean, you can say you disagree with me. I don't mind but please don't talk trash like "Fuck you !! You should die rotten hell" because I don't like your anime characters.

These are the characters that I like but I think they are little bit overrated

- Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bad ass character. His character and the way he says are really good but seriously I see this type of hero in so many other anime so why he is so special than the other.

- Suzumiya Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Haruhi is hyper and very energetic girl which I can understand why people like her a lot. Her looks is awesome. Her personality is funny too. But seriously sometime too much hyper doesn't always equal for being cool.

These are the characters that I don't like and I think they are too overrated

- Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière from Zero no Tsukaima

- Shana from Shakugan no Shana

** apparently there are a lot of Shana and Louise's fan and I don't want to upset them so I'll left off the comment **
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/27/08 , edited 8/27/08
naruto is overated....i never really think about it though so
15762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/27/08
Obvious troll is obvious.
301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / S. California
Offline
Posted 8/27/08

kenshin514 wrote:

Well, I'm not sure if anyone post something like this already. If they did, just block it.

Also, please don't get offend if I say anything bad to your favorite characters. Please respect my opinion because I'm sure that some of you guys may not like my favorite characters as well.

These are the characters that I kinda like but I think they are too overated

- Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bad ass character. His character and the way he says are really good but seriously I see this type of hero in so many other anime so why he is so special than the other.

- Suzumiya Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Haruhi is hyper and very energetic girl which I can understand why people like her a lot. Her looks is awesome. Her personality is funny too. But seriously sometime too much hyper doesn't always equal for being cool.



I don't feel strongly about this, but I disagree that Kamina is the same as every other hero type character.

Kamina's role is a mentor to whatshisface in Gurren Lagann, but more to the point, and very unusual in anime, he is actually a decent leader himself and leads the group until his demise in episode 7 (I think it was 7, I might be wrong).

His boundless energy and limitless optimism fits certain anime caricatures but generally those caricatures fall to the wayside and start following the actual "lead" at some point.
776 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Britain
Offline
Posted 8/27/08

kenshin514 wrote:

Well, I'm not sure if anyone post something like this already. If they did, just block it.

Also, please don't get offend if I say anything bad to your favorite characters. Please respect my opinion because I'm sure that some of you guys may not like my favorite characters as well.

These are the characters that I kinda like but I think they are too overated

- Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bad ass character. His character and the way he says are really good but seriously I see this type of hero in so many other anime so why he is so special than the other.

- Suzumiya Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Haruhi is hyper and very energetic girl which I can understand why people like her a lot. Her looks is awesome. Her personality is funny too. But seriously sometime too much hyper doesn't always equal for being cool.

These are the characters that I don't like and I think they are way too overated

- Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière from Zero no Tsukaima

From the top to bottom, she doesn't look attractive at all. And yet her personality is really annoying. She always say that she trusts Saito and yet at the end of every episode she just beat the shit out of him again.

- Shana from Shakugan no Shana

Well, she is better than Louise. But seriously same seiyu and both has same character personality. That's just not cool at all. Louise and Shana are what I call "Un-cool" tsundere.



yea i'd have to agree with the unliked ones, personally i like every anime character out there, but i can understand why you dont like shana and loiuse

That aspect about trust then beating up the main guy, really annoys me - like in other animes where the girl beats up the guy because of a complete accident like he slipps and falls ontop of a girl or even the girl is all over him then he is beaten up! - i dont like that

Well i am definately trying not ot pick a fight with anyone but i have to say, i think the most overrated anime character is Naruto

I know the fan base is the sise of america and ill get strung up by my ear lobes for saying this, but hes a freakin ninja yet hes loud rash and a moron he learnt only what... 3 techniques throughout 260+ episodes and he always manages to beat up themost skilled ninjas out there, he gets too much credit from the rest of the crew!

i have no idea if anything what i just said proves his overratedness - if not ill delete this post
Posted 8/27/08
well, i agree about Haruhi Suzumiya being overrated. i mean, i know she's god or w/e. but i never really liked her kind of character much. the rest of the chars from that show are ok, though.
682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / chicago
Offline
Posted 8/27/08
bleach characters are all overated
222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Miami, FL
Offline
Posted 8/27/08
Well I'm going to be an immature ass and say FUDGE YOU! Fudge You badly for insulting all my favorite characters except Shana I've never watched it so I don't really know what shes like oh and did you say that about Louise because she's flat screw you delicious flat chests will rule the world............and no, I'm not a pedophile because I know the delicious flat chest thing sounded extremely wrong.
3335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / sunny California :]
Offline
Posted 8/27/08

kenshin514 wrote:

Well, I'm not sure if anyone post something like this already. If they did, just block it.

Also, please don't get offend if I say anything bad to your favorite characters. Please respect my opinion because I'm sure that some of you guys may not like my favorite characters as well.

These are the characters that I kinda like but I think they are too overated

- Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bad ass character. His character and the way he says are really good but seriously I see this type of hero in so many other anime so why he is so special than the other.

- Suzumiya Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Haruhi is hyper and very energetic girl which I can understand why people like her a lot. Her looks is awesome. Her personality is funny too. But seriously sometime too much hyper doesn't always equal for being cool.

These are the characters that I don't like and I think they are way too overated

- Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière from Zero no Tsukaima

From the top to bottom, she doesn't look attractive at all. And yet her personality is really annoying. She always say that she trusts Saito and yet at the end of every episode she just beat the shit out of him again.

- Shana from Shakugan no Shana

Well, she is better than Louise. But seriously same seiyu and both has same character personality. That's just not cool at all. Louise and Shana are what I call "Un-cool" tsundere.



agree with your opinion on haruhi. she is really energetic and hyper, but it's too over the top and it's annoying. but i disagree on your opinion of shana. i thought she was a great character and i liked the anime and her cool, controlled personality.
127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/27/08

shayo wrote:

bleach characters are all overated


not all of them except orihime shes overated.....
1697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada Ontario
Offline
Posted 8/27/08

saru_monkey2 wrote:


shayo wrote:

bleach characters are all overated


not all of them except orihime shes overated.....


orihime just phails.. epically..
848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Mangaville, Anime...
Offline
Posted 8/27/08

kenshin514 wrote:

Well, I'm not sure if anyone post something like this already. If they did, just block it.

Also, please don't get offend if I say anything bad to your favorite characters. Please respect my opinion because I'm sure that some of you guys may not like my favorite characters as well.

These are the characters that I kinda like but I think they are too overated

- Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bad ass character. His character and the way he says are really good but seriously I see this type of hero in so many other anime so why he is so special than the other.

- Suzumiya Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Haruhi is hyper and very energetic girl which I can understand why people like her a lot. Her looks is awesome. Her personality is funny too. But seriously sometime too much hyper doesn't always equal for being cool.

These are the characters that I don't like and I think they are way too overated

- Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière from Zero no Tsukaima

From the top to bottom, she doesn't look attractive at all. And yet her personality is really annoying. She always say that she trusts Saito and yet at the end of every episode she just beat the shit out of him again.

- Shana from Shakugan no Shana

Well, she is better than Louise. But seriously same seiyu and both has same character personality. That's just not cool at all. Louise and Shana are what I call "Un-cool" tsundere.



Personally, Id have to disagree with your opinions on Louise and Haruhi. Louise is simply just a very jealous girl, and Saito never helps with that. Always rambling on about other girls when he claims to love her. Louise is very cute, though. But whatevs. Your opinion. =/
Haruhi, I like. Sure, she's popular, but popularity doesnt mean that a character is bad or good.
848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Mangaville, Anime...
Offline
Posted 8/27/08
I think all of Vampire Knight, this meaning every character, is overrated. Hideously profound plot and unlikable characters.
Epic fail.
1216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Neo-Venezia, CA
Offline
Posted 8/27/08 , edited 8/27/08

pichipichipichi wrote:


kenshin514 wrote:

Well, I'm not sure if anyone post something like this already. If they did, just block it.

Also, please don't get offend if I say anything bad to your favorite characters. Please respect my opinion because I'm sure that some of you guys may not like my favorite characters as well.

These are the characters that I kinda like but I think they are too overated

- Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bad ass character. His character and the way he says are really good but seriously I see this type of hero in so many other anime so why he is so special than the other.

- Suzumiya Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Haruhi is hyper and very energetic girl which I can understand why people like her a lot. Her looks is awesome. Her personality is funny too. But seriously sometime too much hyper doesn't always equal for being cool.

These are the characters that I don't like and I think they are way too overated

- Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière from Zero no Tsukaima

From the top to bottom, she doesn't look attractive at all. And yet her personality is really annoying. She always say that she trusts Saito and yet at the end of every episode she just beat the shit out of him again.

- Shana from Shakugan no Shana

Well, she is better than Louise. But seriously same seiyu and both has same character personality. That's just not cool at all. Louise and Shana are what I call "Un-cool" tsundere.



Personally, Id have to disagree with your opinions on Louise and Haruhi. Louise is simply just a very jealous girl, and Saito never helps with that. Always rambling on about other girls when he claims to love her. Louise is very cute, though. But whatevs. Your opinion. =/
Haruhi, I like. Sure, she's popular, but popularity doesnt mean that a character is bad or good.


Sorry if I offened your character. This is why I have doubt if I want to post this forum. I just want to know other people opinion. I didn't say I don't like Haruhi at all. That's why I say that I like her. Her personality is fun to watch but sometime I just thought she is little bit too enegetic that's all.
1216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Neo-Venezia, CA
Offline
Posted 8/27/08

SimplyBill wrote:





Simple fact: Everyone has its own definition of like. Whether they like it might be a reason why you hate them. Just because you do not see Louise and Shana as attractive, cool or good, does not mean they can be seen as "overrated" because of their popularity. Anime characters are overrated not because you see them as cool only. Moreover, I do not see why they can be regarded as "popular, very popular" to be considered as overrated in the first place. I just do not see the reason. All I know is that they are created to be "moe" for the otaku fans. Talk about being overrated when the Shana and Louise fanbase combined can't even be compared to the Zero (Vampire Knight) or even Naruto. About the "Kamina", and "Haruhi", they are both popular and may be regarded as overrated depending on the circumstances. Not all instances lead Kamina and Haruhi to being overrated. If it is fanbases that we are talking about, Haruhi has humongous of fans while Kamina is just popular because of his quotes and for being a 4chan medium for lulz. Kamina may be regarded as overrated when he is seen as the manliest man alive in the anime history by most fans. Haruhi may be regarded as overrated when she is seen as the hottest girl alive. However, all depends on a person's perception to view the overrated. Viewing anime and and viewing anime characters are different with each other. An character is viewed by her personality and looks while an anime is viewed more complex than the character. An anime is viewed because of its plot, story, characters, animation quality, sound, etc. However, you might want to think about the way the other people see perceive those things as "overrated". With that, you will know why do people see them as good and compare them unbiased. Note: I am not saying that you are bias. It is just that I see your views as insufficient and weak.

As for my threads answer, the only character I view overrated is Naruto. Having a violent attitude, short-tempered, idiotic behavior, and a weird sense of fashion, I can see why people get pulled by Naruto. The main reason is that the character itself is original. He has a great sense of friendship and an optimistic behavior. He never gives up. That's it. He has good sides; however, that is not a sufficient enough for him to be worthy to be popular. He, himself, is annoying me so much. I hate how he is viewed as the best character by Narutards. He always win the fight in a predictable manner and loses in the same predictable manner. His moves are too unoriginal, unfashionable and un-cool. Sure, he has great side but that is not a reason for them to see them as the best; though it is a pretty much subjective matter that I respect but disagree upon. As for the anime, it is overrated due to evidences.

Just to tell you, Louise and Shana are different characters. They may be both tsundere but they are both different. Louise is the weak and the hot-tempered tsundere with Shana is a calm (especially in battle) yet stupid in romance. That is particularly the reason why she does not know how to make babies and asks Kazumi about it. Shana is 100000000x better than Louise but Shana is not what I view as overrated because I see that she deserves it, nonetheless. If you hate Rie Kugimiya's voice that much, I suggest you find a better voice for the two of them. Why make an anime character overrated because of her voice that you do not like?

Moreover, people might respect your opinion, but disagree. Respecting an opinion and disagreeing an opinion are completely different. I suggest you give a more thorough explanation as to why you view them as overrated; else, there shall be flame wars, I daresay. Consequently, this might be lock if that occur.



OK, I apologize for offend you favorite character. That's why I have doubt if I want to post this forum or not. I just want to know other people opinion.

I don't want start the war. Even though I can but I won't say any bad thing anymore about your character because I don't want to make an enemy.

Yes, I don't mind if million of people disagree with my opinion about the character that I don't like. I just hope that people don't go liek "Fuck you" or "You should die in rotten hell" because I don't like this or that characters.

I didn't say that I don't like Rei Kugimiya's voice at all. Her voice her Edward Elric for Fullmetal Alchemist so awesome. Her voice for Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku was really great suit her personality really well. Even a support character like Touko from Maria-sama was really cool as well. I just don't like her voice for Shana and Louise. Well, Shana is OK. I kinda like it. I guess I'm the only one who don't like when she say "Urusai, Urusai, Urusai." And Louise's voice is just annoying which suit her personality well.

Once again. I apologize. I'm sure that you don't some of my favorite anime character either and I won't agrue because I respect what you like and don't' like.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.