First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
The koran
3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 8/29/08



Woman aren't allowed to worship, or wear whatever they want, they have to wear bed sheets over their whole bodies even if it's on a 90 degree day, (which it's normally a black outfit) and only their eyes can show. Children are soled as sex slaves down there to dirty old men. Not even the children have rights. I just saw a documentary about the Koran. And I have also done research on it. If people would just look into Islam, they would realize that it isn't the Religion of peace and love. I really don't know what Church you go to, or what Bible version you read, or what Pastor you sit under, but you really need a reality check.

Why do a loooooot of people (muslims & not muslims) care more about what a woman is putting on her head instead of what inside her head?????? said by Shirine Abadi,a irani nobel peace winner!!!!
please,let's get over this,there is no text in koran saying :hey women,wear black cloths or u're in hell,no text!!!!
or an other Koran text saying:hey women,u're not allowed to worship,please,in islamic history,there were women who memorized Koran & suna ,they gave advices & were counceled about many issues about religion,let me give an exemple:a woman stood in front of omar ibn khatab(one of the prophet's compagnars)& said loud:Ur judgment is wrong,& she gave him a koran evidence,he couldn't resist,& admited that she was right!!!
& allow me to say:why women in many advenced countries don't get paid as much as men for the same job????as far as i know,in Morocco for exemple,women get paid the same as men since 1956!!!!
about black cloths,let me tell u that our society influences the way we live & also,the way we practice our religion,so,if women once in india get burned with their husbands'body,it doesn't mean that indian religion orders burning women!!!!
21995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

Poison_Of_The_Heart wrote:

Should the koran, just like "mein Kampf"(a book by hitler), be forbidden?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6WhJPQYeY


It's a holy book just like the bible. In libraries no. Teaching it in public schools maybe (same as the bible). There is nothing about it that makes it any better or worse than other holy books for other religions. Comparing it to Mein Kampf is extremely offending and judgemental of you.
3359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Morocco
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

artgeek707 wrote:


Poison_Of_The_Heart wrote:

Should the koran, just like "mein Kampf"(a book by hitler), be forbidden?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6WhJPQYeY


It's a holy book just like the bible. In libraries no. Teaching it in public schools maybe (same as the bible). There is nothing about it that makes it any better or worse than other holy books for other religions. Comparing it to Mein Kampf is extremely offending and judgemental of you.


that's a logic thinking!!
thanks a looot!!!
21995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

music190 wrote:


hezakk wrote:

There is no where in the Koran that states you can beat a woman, your just crazy and racist. I don't think you Christians can handle the fact that there is more Muslims in the world than Christians , and that its the fastest growing religion in the world ... please go QQ some where else.

Just some HISTORICAL FACT for you,

1400 years ago, when woman were being sold, killed, and rented, Islam came and freed them, gave them equal rights (if not more) to men. Guess what were the Christian doing at the same time? The top priests were holding talks to decide to see if women even had a SOUL! This is historic fact. There is hardly any real Christians left, most of you guys are only christian by name, you don't even know what the heck it is, or don't even practice it. I guess that's why Domestic Abuse, murder, rape, kidnapping, adultery is so freaking high in western countries. Yeah I said ADULTERY! Oh wait, you think your a Christian, but you still with any one you can get your hands on ... I got news for you ... YOUR NOT A CHRISTIAN!

So you ignorant Christian wanabees ... please go watch more FOX NEWS .... I think there was a FOX ALERT on right now, they are going to tell you what else in the world you should be afraid of ... Good luck!!!


Oh man, that was just too funny. Since when was Muslims a race? LOL. And I agree. Sadly Muslim is the fastest growing Religion in the world. Why? Because their killing all the Christians. Hence the wonderful person Mohamed. ^^ And I have never herd of this historical fact. But I don't think it's a historical fact seeing how Christians don't sit under Priest. That's Catholics. But any good Bible Believing Christian would know, if you need an answer for something, (like if you have a soul) you should go to the Bible. So if this is a Historic fact, then why haven't I ever herd of it before?

Where did the above poster state that Islam was it's own race? I must have missed it. Your so full of shit on the growth rate. The largest population of muslims is not in the middle east, where you're bringing up the stereotypes, but in Indonesia where there's a huge population. I think you also missed the memo that Catholics are Christians. Catholics were actually the origional christians before the Protestant Reformation where Martin Luther broke away from the church. Maybe you don't know about this fact because you don't even know your own church's history.


You are right. There aren't any real Christians left. While Planned Parent hood, is ruling America, Benny Hinn making Jesus into money, and having Canada chase out all the Christians, Christians are sitting down on their lazy butts watching all this happen and not even caring as long as they have their wallets full of money. Jesus said in the Bible "Will the faithful be found?" Being faithful means picking up your cross and follow Jesus no matter what life throws at you.

O_o For this all I have to say is, what the hell are you talking about?


Just because rape and murder and everything is getting higher everyday doesn't mean it's our fault. What do you want us Christians to do? Become the justice league and save everybody? The best we can do is spread the Gospel about Jesus Christ and pray while we wait till Jesus returns. (Which is gonna be soon!) But if people don't want to know about it, we ain't gonna shove it down their throats. Also, who ever reads their Bible should know that in Leviticus it states that a rapist should be killed. But Adultery is not big amongst BIBLE believing Christians. But news flash, not every Christian sleeps with who ever they want to.

I have no problem with these statements.


Why is everybody praising FOX news? There are tons of things going on with Abortion, Islam, and many other things that they don't mention. FOX news is just like all the media. Lies.

What is so bad about Islam to you?


By the way, Christians shouldn't fear anything in this world. Because God has it all under control.

Also, don't put me in with the crowd of Christians over there. (the kind of Christians I mentioned up there^) I don't sit around while my brothers in the Lord are dieing and being tortured to death in places like China just because there having Bible study in there own house. I actually support Voice of the Martyrs. Unlike Benny Hinn followers.

Christianity isn't a Religion, it's a relationship. ^^



seacucumber_otome wrote:


music190 wrote:

Woman aren't allowed to worship, or wear whatever they want, they have to wear bed sheets over their whole bodies even if it's on a 90 degree day, (which it's normally a black outfit) and only their eyes can show. Children are soled as sex slaves down there to dirty old men. Not even the children have rights. I just saw a documentary about the Koran. And I have also done research on it. If people would just look into Islam, they would realize that it isn't the Religion of peace and love. I really don't know what Church you go to, or what Bible version you read, or what Pastor you sit under, but you really need a reality check.


You're describing the burqa, I believe...(I've read The Breadwinner ^_^)
In any case, although the things you describe DO happen (I'm not denying that). But you're only focusing on the negative aspects. These things only happen in countries where there IS no decent government to regulate anything and rights enjoyed in North America do not exist.

I've seen Muslim women on TV (Yay for CNN and Dateline!), and they've inspired me by their devotion to their religion, despite suspicion and all sorts of nasty prejudice. While I think burqas are a bit extreme, the whole point of the headscarf and other Islamic dress is to show respect for your body.

To other posters: I think this thread has some of the most intelligent replies I've seen in a while



Never mind. I'm done talking to you. How can you be a Christian and say that Muslim woman have inspired you because of their devotion? Half of them are being forced to do what the Muslim men tell them to do. It's outta fear. I'm guessing everybody is forgetting the incident that happened about a year in a half ago where a Muslim woman got ganged raped (in Iraq) and then got whipped 200 times just because she stuck up for her self in court? Oh yeah. Great rights the Muslim woman have down there and any other place for that matter.

And what do you mean by intelligent? If you were a Christian, -like you say you are- and you read your Bible, then you would know that these people are blinded. They either know the truth, or they refuse to know it and stick to whatever the world tells them, or there just plan stupid.
Think back at what I told you about Indonesia. Pretty much all the negative examples you come up with are from the Middle East.

Why are you insulting her for her opinion. If anything I thought you were being closeminded and extremely bigoted with your assertion that all muslims are bad. Just because someone is in a different denomination, doesn't mean they are any less christian. If anything you seem to be turning a thread away from tolerance, and toward ideology.
Posted 8/29/08
Dunno.
1558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 8/29/08
Your question is just like saying The holy Bible should be forbidden as well as the psalms, and scrolls of other religions.
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Hinamizawa
Offline
Posted 8/29/08 , edited 8/29/08
The questions about Koran or other Islamic-related issues must be discussed here.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-252790/Islam.html
This thread might be locked soon because it might provoke religious intolerance in this thread.
I don't want to see a jihad or a crusade being wage here.
~reported~
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 8/29/08

OTAKUADDICT wrote:

The questions about Koran or other Islamic-related issues must be discussed here.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-252790/Islam.html
This thread might be locked soon because it might provoke religious intolerance in this thread.
I don't want to see a jihad or a crusade being wage here.
~reported~


This happens all the time, geez get with the flow. Debating is what extended discussion is all about.
Posted 8/29/08 , edited 8/29/08

music190 wrote:


seacucumber_otome wrote:


music190 wrote:

The Koran is boring. I fell asleep while trying to read it once. Plus it's just a bunch of commands. Like how to treat your woman like shit.


No...and the Koran is far from the insipid and racist crap that is Mein Kamph. It doesn't tell you to treat women like "shit" either. Idiots just interpret it that way, and the Islamic authorities do nothing to stop it, because they don't care and think women are worth shit too.

Most holy books are basically commands anyway, even the Bible.

EDIT: I am Christian. I just don't support religion bashing, unless you're bashing Satanism or something.


I'm not bashing anything. I was just telling it how it is. The Muslim people DO treat their woman like crap, and I have done research on the Koran. It is just a bunch of commands. And if you were a Christian,then you would know that no other book is holy. Only the Bible because it is the word of God. And you would also know that the Bible just doesn't tell you commands. In fact, the Bible only has 10 commands. Hence the 10 Commandments. ^^

And just to refresh your memory, Christianity isn't a Religion. It's a relationship with Jesus Christ. ^^


Until about 80 years ago Americans would treat their women like crap as well. Honestly, I think you're just being biased and ignorant of the real issue -___-


Poison_Of_The_Heart wrote:

Should the koran, just like "mein Kampf"(a book by hitler), be forbidden?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6WhJPQYeY


Should the Bible be forbidden? O.o

I personally do not think that any piece of literature should be banned -___-
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 8/29/08
it shouldn't be banned any more then any other religious book
28729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/08

Poison_Of_The_Heart wrote:

Should the koran, just like "mein Kampf"(a book by hitler), be forbidden?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6WhJPQYeY


First: Provide a little more background for the people in the thread in your first post.

Second: I would like to point out that you need to state the situation behind what you're talking about XD Mein Kampf must be banned in parts of Europe (obviously Holland in your case), but elsewhere it isn't banned. I read it a long time ago when doing a 10 page paper on it. It's actually a fascinating look into Hitler, from a scholarly standpoint.

Third: The spin you're putting on this is definitely segregatory and is easily interpreted as anti-islam = \ I think I'm going to lock it for this reason. Be more careful with your topics. While ED is for dangerous topics, equating the Qur'an to a facist document does not belong here.

LOCKED.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.