First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Apply to be a Crunchyland Moderator!
35491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 8/29/08
do crunchyland mods get star membership? >_>
57252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / ...........
Offline
Posted 8/29/08
i want to be a mod to XD cause i like checking stats hehe
Posted 8/29/08
Im new but why not
15579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/29/08
I think I will join!!!
Posted 8/29/08


I think I'll try joining this one.. I just hope I can be approved.. XD
10560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In the Garden of...
Offline
Posted 8/30/08
I would love to apply to become a crunchyland moderator because i play that game a lot and enjoy playing it.
28715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/08

gunblastergun wrote:

do crunchyland mods get star membership? >_>


I don't think that's been determined. Not for awhile I guess, just like with chatmods.



zeroz1 wrote:

I would love to apply to become a crunchyland moderator because i play that game a lot and enjoy playing it.


The most common misconception in modding is that it always involve doing a lot of the activity that it moderates. This isn't true. Chatmods don't have as much time to chat because they're watching everyone else chat and dealing out rulings. Forum Mods don't have as much time to post in the forums because we're always clearing reports and locking threads. Media mods don't have as much time to watch movies because they're approving media.

If anything else, I'm guessing you'll be doing less playing, except to get to higher levels to check the stats of a certain item and see how balanced monsters are. And little of that. I believe that's why they're asking the level character question. This position is going to be mostly about checking quality and balancing item strengths and weaknesses, not playing. We want the game to be accessible, but not totally easy (keep in mind, that CrunchyLand is in its infancy still. We expect more from it).

You should have the ability to put your finger to the tempo of the median player and judge his/her strength. You should be able to figure out how much an item is worth based on how able the player is able to earn the money. You should also have the spine to stand up to members who complain, because they will. You must not cede to their demands against reason. An applicant must also have the ability to keep silent about his/her business, and not favor any other member. The mods of crunchyroll do not like favoritism for an artist or any member. You must also have to have the nerve to tell an artist that, "your best isn't good enough. This artwork is against the rules or the artwork is poor. Do it AGAIN" Above all, you must be willing to go back, and do the same task over and over again, because there is a lot of repetitiveness in modding.
1485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Corrupt Land of A...
Offline
Posted 8/30/08

leonheart666 wrote:

finally crunchylands open



It's still in BETA, boy. But it would be totally cool if it had.

3521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New York City~
Offline
Posted 8/30/08
lol. crunchyland mods? sounds fun.. i actually may apply.. heh
2621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 8/30/08
if anyone is moding crunchyland make sure u accept the good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!
10560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / In the Garden of...
Offline
Posted 8/30/08 , edited 8/30/08

Jorlwind wrote:


gunblastergun wrote:

do crunchyland mods get star membership? >_>


I don't think that's been determined. Not for awhile I guess, just like with chatmods.



zeroz1 wrote:

I would love to apply to become a crunchyland moderator because i play that game a lot and enjoy playing it.


The most common misconception in modding is that it always involve doing a lot of the activity that it moderates. This isn't true. Chatmods don't have as much time to chat because they're watching everyone else chat and dealing out rulings. Forum Mods don't have as much time to post in the forums because we're always clearing reports and locking threads. Media mods don't have as much time to watch movies because they're approving media.

If anything else, I'm guessing you'll be doing less playing, except to get to higher levels to check the stats of a certain item and see how balanced monsters are. And little of that. I believe that's why they're asking the level character question. This position is going to be mostly about checking quality and balancing item strengths and weaknesses, not playing. We want the game to be accessible, but not totally easy (keep in mind, that CrunchyLand is in its infancy still. We expect more from it).

You should have the ability to put your finger to the tempo of the median player and judge his/her strength. You should be able to figure out how much an item is worth based on how able the player is able to earn the money. You should also have the spine to stand up to members who complain, because they will. You must not cede to their demands against reason. An applicant must also have the ability to keep silent about his/her business, and not favor any other member. The mods of crunchyroll do not like favoritism for an artist or any member. You must also have to have the nerve to tell an artist that, "your best isn't good enough. This artwork is against the rules or the artwork is poor. Do it AGAIN" Above all, you must be willing to go back, and do the same task over and over again, because there is a lot of repetitiveness in modding.


I disagree with you Jorlwind, If you do not enjoy playing the game, then why would you spend time trying to make it better ^_^??? I think intrest in the game and knowledge on games are very inmportant, if you do not enjoy the game, you wouldnt really care about it, you will be doing the job for fame instead of the games benifitial. Plus crunchy doesnt need mods that goes on and say ughhh more job for me to do, I think they want people that actually enjoys the job and does it well. This is what i think Jorl.
9433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / CACTUS FARM ©
Offline
Posted 8/30/08
errr i will apply ^--^ but i doubt i will get picked :3
Posted 8/30/08
finally....
35491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 8/31/08
I'm surprised on the low turn out of this thread, only two pages, thats like amazing for something thats front page stuff, and its two days old on a weekend, so messed up...
6884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Berlin
Offline
Posted 8/31/08
yes crunchyland!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.