First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 3/26/07
Well, crap. It looks like I have to buy a PSP now.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Official-trailer-of-Crisis-Core-Final-Fantasy-VII/pg/49/aid/87405

I think it looks fantastic, but I'm an admitted fanboy. Wish there was a bit more gameplay shown though.
2341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Foxwoods
Offline
Posted 3/26/07
Booooooooooooo square hater what was wrong with Kingdom Hearts it was a really good square game???????
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 3/26/07

mushroomjay wrote:

You.. Do realize this is not to continue however little of a storyline there was in that game, right?

Or to answer any of the fans questions. Which I'm sure there are billions of because the plot was batshit crazy.

Square no longer makes good games. No point in buying this half-assed creation.


Like I said, I'm an admitted fanboy. I'm aware they're just squeezing more milk out of their cash cow. But I enjoyed the original so much I honestly don't mind. I really liked Advent Children (and the anime attatched to it) and certainly wouldn't mind seeing the plot expanded upon. Dirge of Cerberus was meh (lousy game, decent CG movie) but whatever. And I don't think current generation squeenix is all that bad.

I happened to enjoy FF7 quite a bit, there is a lot of nostaglia there for me as that it was right there when I first got into the anime subculture. I've always been partial to stories that aren't clear cut and are open to interpretation be it F Scott Fitzgerald or a japanese company known for making games about riding overgrown chickens. I loved the original ending for FF7... it didn't tell you anything. You were left to figure out how everything played out based on the information you were given. So what if it wasn't as clear cut as rescuing the princess from Bowser's castle. There was a lot going on and you had to discect it all. I'm not saying FF7 has the best storyline ever, but I think it did up the ante on cinematics in RPGs and gaming in general, as well as storytelling. I've played older final fantasy's and while many of them are excellent games, but they lack the impact FF7 had. It didn't spoon feed you. It required some leg work to piece together, and I don't mind that and actually enjoy it quite a bit.

I've noticed it's become "cool" to hate FF7 recently, just like it was "cool" to like FF7 5 years ago while having no idea what happened in it. It hasn't aged well. The graphics, while impressive when it first came out, are now very dated. Hell, FF6 looks better visually now than 7 does. Just the cylce of things I suppose.
36145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Macross City
Offline
Posted 3/26/07
Is this the US release of Before Crisis or a totally different game?
11359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/26/07

mushroomjay wrote:

You.. Do realize this is not to continue however little of a storyline there was in that game, right?

Or to answer any of the fans questions. Which I'm sure there are billions of because the plot was batshit crazy.

Square no longer makes good games. No point in buying this half-assed creation.


The topic creator (tc) is a fan. A fan will support the things they are fan for. People may have a different opinion, but a post like you just did. You can just keep your comments to yourself, nobody wants to hear something like that either. Come one, be a modd.
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 3/27/07
Square is sure milking FFVII for all its worth.
1560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / around here somew...
Offline
Posted 3/27/07

mushroomjay wrote:

You.. Do realize this is not to continue however little of a storyline there was in that game, right?

Or to answer any of the fans questions. Which I'm sure there are billions of because the plot was batshit crazy.

Square no longer makes good games. No point in buying this half-assed creation.

Square (Enix) and FF7 bashing is old. You need a new hobby.

Now getting on topic... I really hope that this game turns out to be something because the psp needs all the good games it can get.
521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Close by real Clo...
Offline
Posted 3/27/07
Can't wait for it to be released seems like a good game!
1613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / San Francisco, CA
Offline
Posted 3/27/07

azrael910 wrote:


mushroomjay wrote:

You.. Do realize this is not to continue however little of a storyline there was in that game, right?

Or to answer any of the fans questions. Which I'm sure there are billions of because the plot was batshit crazy.

Square no longer makes good games. No point in buying this half-assed creation.


Like I said, I'm an admitted fanboy. I'm aware they're just squeezing more milk out of their cash cow. But I enjoyed the original so much I honestly don't mind. I really liked Advent Children (and the anime attatched to it) and certainly wouldn't mind seeing the plot expanded upon. Dirge of Cerberus was meh (lousy game, decent CG movie) but whatever. And I don't think current generation squeenix is all that bad.

I happened to enjoy FF7 quite a bit, there is a lot of nostaglia there for me as that it was right there when I first got into the anime subculture. I've always been partial to stories that aren't clear cut and are open to interpretation be it F Scott Fitzgerald or a japanese company known for making games about riding overgrown chickens. I loved the original ending for FF7... it didn't tell you anything. You were left to figure out how everything played out based on the information you were given. So what if it wasn't as clear cut as rescuing the princess from Bowser's castle. There was a lot going on and you had to discect it all. I'm not saying FF7 has the best storyline ever, but I think it did up the ante on cinematics in RPGs and gaming in general, as well as storytelling. I've played older final fantasy's and while many of them are excellent games, but they lack the impact FF7 had. It didn't spoon feed you. It required some leg work to piece together, and I don't mind that and actually enjoy it quite a bit.

I've noticed it's become "cool" to hate FF7 recently, just like it was "cool" to like FF7 5 years ago while having no idea what happened in it. It hasn't aged well. The graphics, while impressive when it first came out, are now very dated. Hell, FF6 looks better visually now than 7 does. Just the cycle of things I suppose.


Yeah, I've noticed that there has been a lot of Square/FF7 bashing too. I think that it's just a trend and with not much taste. I think that Crisis Core should do better than Dirge did, otherwise all the bashing and hating will continue...anyways as long as you enjoy the game it really doesn't matter what others think. They don't have to play it if they hate it that much...
Posted 3/27/07

Xrn_the_Nigma wrote:

I don't bash on Square like Jay does, I just bash on how overrated Final Fantasy VII is..........
For the record, Kingdom Hearts sucked and if you like then I have no respect whatsoever for you..........
Furthermore, Azrael I have just lost all respect for you.........


I agree...i have no problem with SE and i dont think ff7 was a bad game in the least but i do however REFUSE to accept it as the greatest game or rpg of all time..yes there were plot holes and yes unintelligent people have turned cloud and sephy into gods and yes that makes me sick to my stomach...but the game itself when i played it was totall epic for me untill then i never played a game that contained more than one disk or had near the depth. I still think they are however several FF games that surpass it let alone other RPGS.

Xrn- yea i will never admit KH as a quality game franchise that was a low blow to me comming from square... having loads of FF cameos and easter eggs to try to cover up for the lackluster plot and mediocre gameplay just hurt me




Trevor (OP)
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 3/27/07

Xrn_the_Nigma wrote:

I don't bash on Square like Jay does, I just bash on how overrated Final Fantasy VII is..........
For the record, Kingdom Hearts sucked and if you like then I have no respect whatsoever for you..........
Furthermore, Azrael I have just lost all respect for you.........


I never said FF7 wasn't overrated, I just made peace with my inner fanboy a long time ago and revel in it. I liked FFX and FFXII, and even though FFX-2 was cheesy as hell, it was still a fun game. FF T n' A as I like to call it. FF7 was more of the "right game at the right time" as opposed to necessarily being the best (eastern) RPG ever (which I don't beleive it is, though it's undoubetdly one of the most influential).

Actually, I refuse to play the KH games. Downright heresy in my oppinion, and there are far too many other RPGs out there to waste time playing them. Maybe if I was a huge Disney nut or significantly younger, but the game just doesn't look appealing to me in the least.

I think Crisis Core games look interesting. I like seeing the familiar FF characters (AC style) in a last gen type game. I just wish they would have made it PS2 instead of their shitty handheld that no one likes. Isn't there some way to rig a PSP to play fullscreen? I'll be playing it more for nostalgia and to enjoy all the pretty cutscenes. If the game is fun, bonus.
Posted 3/27/07
im gonna buy this game, i cant find much good games for my psp and this one looks promising so far. also i seem to love spinoffs of everything, even though spinoffs arent as good as the origional most of the time(games and movies), it is still fun to expereance the world of that game again. if there were spinoffs of other games i liked i would probably buy them.
1613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / San Francisco, CA
Offline
Posted 3/28/07

Xrn_the_Nigma wrote:


kakashisan23 wrote:


mushroomjay wrote:

You.. Do realize this is not to continue however little of a storyline there was in that game, right?

Or to answer any of the fans questions. Which I'm sure there are billions of because the plot was batshit crazy.



YOU GOSH DARN SQUARE HATER!!! Have you even played Kingdom Hearts or FF12. They are completely good with great plots. Maybe a little less in 12 but still. Dont hate on Square-Enix. They make most of the best RPGS.
Square no longer makes good games. No point in buying this half-assed creation.




Wow, I cannot believe you screwed up on that quote......
Anyways,
Why, when you idiot fan-boys refer to Square games, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts always slip out of your mouths/mind? I hope that you know of games other than these two and there are games that are better than them? I don't think you do and now I have to list them to make you ignorant bastards understand.........You dummies really need to play other games instead of what a majority of the population plays......

Sorry for being off-topic, this really should be in another thread.........
Here we go:
Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Einhander and Vagrant Story.......

Even Enix has better games before they merged with Square......
The only three I can think of are the Dragon Quest series, Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean: The Second Story.......


Yeah dude I totally know what you mean. I've played all of those games and I've owned most of them so yeah I do understand what you mean about Square giving out good games and how fanboys you say always drop KH and FF as their first choices. I think that people should play a more variety of Square/Enix games before they drop a KH or FF name...in my book it's Trigger and Secret of Mana
5891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Imagination Land
Offline
Posted 3/28/07
OMG the GENESIS project. Does anyone reckon he was as strong as Sephiroth? And then there's Angeal!!!
137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Konoha
Offline
Posted 3/28/07

n0odle wrote:

Square is sure milking FFVII for all its worth.


I totally agree wit u
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.