First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Have you ever tried learning to write in Japanese?
Posted 8/31/08
It is so hard, I've been practicing Hiragana for like 5 hours now and I got through half the chart lol. Its so different from the english alphabet.
1949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Potters Bar England
Offline
Posted 8/31/08 , edited 8/31/08
i'm learning it at the moment- trying to teach myself. i find it ok writing the Hiragana i just find it difficult recognising them!!!!
I've got till 2010 to learn it though because im going travelling to Japan after i finish uni and cant wait!!!!!!

its a difficult language to learn, especially for someone who failed GCSE foundation French!!!!!
its definately easier if you watch the dramas etc though.
PRACTICE MAKE PERFECT!!!!
3335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / sunny California :]
Offline
Posted 8/31/08
gah, it so different from writing in english... -________- learning japanese take time and patience.
i started hiragana 2 weeks ago and i'm working at a really slow pace, but hopefully i will learn all of it soon enough. ^^
i plan to visit japan when i graduate high school, but i don't know if i can learn enough japanese until then... xP
if someone is willing to help me, please send me a pm~ :]
934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Paradise, they ca...
Offline
Posted 8/31/08
Well.. i took japanese classes for 31/2 years and of course you're required to write in hiragana, katakana and even kanji.
I found it quite easy. What our teacher did to help us memorize them is by flash cards.

But kanji is REALLY hard considering they all look so alike and there's so many different meanings with just one character.
Posted 9/1/08
LOL... i don't wanna brag or anything but when i was in 4th year High School, we had to learn Japanese... Honestly, it was really hard trying to memorize all the KATAKANA and HIRAGANA characters... but in just a day I memorized all of it ... ahaha maybe not all coz I did make a couple of mistakes back then. <my motivation came from the fact that I was Half-Japanese who didn't know anything about Nihonggo, it was really annoying when all my classmates expected me to top all the quizzes and exams because of my heritage!> i had to study really hard... in the end, all my hard work paid off... i got an award during our graduation for the best in FOREIGN LANGUAGE! Kakkoi!! LOL

I'll share to you guys, my TIPS...
1. FLASH CARDS < i agree with bizziebubblez> most definitely helpful! You can make one yourselves, you don't need to buy those expensive ones from the bookstore.
2. start with the simplest and basic words first.
3. Kanji is pretty complex so you should save those for later.
4. allot a 1 - 2 hour study or recall period at night/day <whichever works for you>
5. practice makes perfect. try writing the characters down while reading out aloud what the character means or symbolizes.


Haha.. i hope this works for you guys as well...


Gambarre to Ganbatte Kudasai, minna-san!!!!


222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/08
yep iv'e tried hahahaha
but all i know is my name ^^
1727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Qatar
Offline
Posted 9/1/08
ahahaha
YUP....
i've tried...
but i'm more on Korean....
i can now Write....
but not much as good..
LOL
22785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/08
ok... its really hard to study japanese and for now i only know my name, teppei's name, and wentz's name... once i tried to learn both hiragana and katakana at the same time and while studying these i forgot that i had a test on my chinese-sub... i didn't try to cheat cuz i saw my siensi (teacher...) getting papers and deducting conduct points...
so its a lesson for people who want to learn another language...
lucky for me cuz kanji is just like chinese -_-"
all i know from japanese grammar is that it follows some kind of a pattern: subject-object-verb
975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 9/3/08
yeap...its hard..xD
155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 9/3/08
lols.. i tried learning.. but i totally dun
get what's the difference between
hiragana, katakana, kanji and romanji..
16213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/3/08
nope haven't tried yet. Maybe in the future...but right now im more concentrated on fluently conversing in japanese.......lols its HARD!
70 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/3/08
I know how to read and write Nihongo. I know roughly 800 kanji but that still isn't enough to read a newspaper.

Self-studied.

My advice:
1. writing the characters (hiragana, katakana or kanji) helps you in memorizing
2. while writing the character, say it out loud
3. observe proper stroke order
4. build your kana syllabary one character at a time, then one row at a time
5. and when you've finished with a character or a row, don't leave it behind. when you're done with the a-set, try the ka-set, then write the a-set and ka-set together. later on you add the sa-set, and write a, ka, sa all together. repeat until you've built the entire kana.

569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Englaand.☆ ^_^
Offline
Posted 9/3/08

radbasa wrote:

I know how to read and write Nihongo. I know roughly 800 kanji but that still isn't enough to read a newspaper.

Self-studied.

My advice:
1. writing the characters (hiragana, katakana or kanji) helps you in memorizing
2. while writing the character, say it out loud
3. observe proper stroke order
4. build your kana syllabary one character at a time, then one row at a time
5. and when you've finished with a character or a row, don't leave it behind. when you're done with the a-set, try the ka-set, then write the a-set and ka-set together. later on you add the sa-set, and write a, ka, sa all together. repeat until you've built the entire kana.





what's nihongo? ~
70 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/3/08

jodie26 wrote:


radbasa wrote:

I know how to read and write Nihongo. I know roughly 800 kanji but that still isn't enough to read a newspaper.

Self-studied.

My advice:
1. writing the characters (hiragana, katakana or kanji) helps you in memorizing
2. while writing the character, say it out loud
3. observe proper stroke order
4. build your kana syllabary one character at a time, then one row at a time
5. and when you've finished with a character or a row, don't leave it behind. when you're done with the a-set, try the ka-set, then write the a-set and ka-set together. later on you add the sa-set, and write a, ka, sa all together. repeat until you've built the entire kana.





what's nihongo? ~


Nihongo is "japanese language" in japanese.
569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Englaand.☆ ^_^
Offline
Posted 9/3/08

radbasa wrote:


jodie26 wrote:


radbasa wrote:

I know how to read and write Nihongo. I know roughly 800 kanji but that still isn't enough to read a newspaper.

Self-studied.

My advice:
1. writing the characters (hiragana, katakana or kanji) helps you in memorizing
2. while writing the character, say it out loud
3. observe proper stroke order
4. build your kana syllabary one character at a time, then one row at a time
5. and when you've finished with a character or a row, don't leave it behind. when you're done with the a-set, try the ka-set, then write the a-set and ka-set together. later on you add the sa-set, and write a, ka, sa all together. repeat until you've built the entire kana.





what's nihongo? ~


Nihongo is "japanese language" in japanese.



oh right!!!.. oh yea now tht i think of iti knew that!! lol:P
thanks^_^ ~
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.