First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Have you ever tried learning to write in Japanese?
Posted 9/5/08
We had to learn jap at school ,
and it was hard .___.
7827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/5/08
Does writing in Chinese count? Kanji is extremely close to Chinese characters and me teacher said that if you write and read in Chinese then you can read and write in Kanji
Posted 9/5/08
yeah. i gave up easily wanna try it again someday
805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 9/5/08 , edited 9/5/08

_anime_love_ wrote:
Does writing in Chinese count? Kanji is extremely close to Chinese characters and me teacher said that if you write and read in Chinese then you can read and write in Kanji


Kanji is so close to Chinese characters in that Kanji is Chinese characters.

Kanji = Hanzi = Traditional Chinese characters

Unless you're talking about the butchered Chinese characters used in the mainland PRC, aka the
simplified script...created by the Communists in a failed attempt to increase literacy among poor farmers.
7827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/5/08

Intranetusa wrote:


_anime_love_ wrote:
Does writing in Chinese count? Kanji is extremely close to Chinese characters and me teacher said that if you write and read in Chinese then you can read and write in Kanji


Kanji is so close to Chinese characters in that Kanji is Chinese characters.

Kanji = Hanzi = Traditional Chinese characters

Unless you're talking about the butchered Chinese characters used in the mainland PRC, aka
the simplified script...created by the Communists in a failed attempt to increase literacy.


Yea I write traditional but I just started a couple months ago
805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 9/5/08 , edited 9/5/08

_anime_love_ wrote:Yea I write traditional but I just started a couple months ago

I think you need to know around 3000-5000 Kanji characters to be semi-literate enough to read a newspaper? (???)

And you need to know even more hanzi/kanji characters (perhaps tens of thousands of characters) to be fully literate in Taiwan, Hong Kong & Macau, and to a lesser extent, the mainland PRC. (sometimes Singapore too)

Good luck on your goal...you have your work cut out for you.
1262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/5/08
Nope, But I might ^^ haha never had this idea too..
7827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/5/08

Intranetusa wrote:


_anime_love_ wrote:Yea I write traditional but I just started a couple months ago

I think you need to know around 3000-5000 Kanji characters to be semi-literate enough to read a newspaper? (???)

And you need to know even more hanzi/kanji characters (perhaps tens of thousands of characters) to be fully literate in Taiwan, Hong Kong & Macau, and to a lesser extent, the mainland PRC. (sometimes Singapore too)

Good luck on your goal...you have your work cut out for you.


Yes I do and even though I started a couple months ago I only know about 30 characters
805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 9/5/08

_anime_love_ wrote:
Yes I do and even though I started a couple months ago I only know about 30 characters


Well, don't give up and good luck.
1545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Long Beach,CA
Offline
Posted 9/5/08
haha yah wen i wus little..we used 2 have these secret codes w/ my frends so we used that wen we write mes. 2 each other but we tried 2 write it downwards starting on the right side..haha that wus silly
1878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/5/08
I learned how to write my name in Katakana. ^__^
The Kanji characters are actually much harder to write than Hiragana or Katakana.
7827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/5/08

Intranetusa wrote:


_anime_love_ wrote:
Yes I do and even though I started a couple months ago I only know about 30 characters


Well, don't give up and good luck.


Thanks
38403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 9/5/08

Intranetusa wrote:


dbsk_initial wrote:

lols.. i tried learning.. but i totally dun
get what's the difference between
hiragana, katakana, kanji and romanji..



Kanji = Traditional Chinese characters (aka Hanzi)

Hiragana = Characters based on cursive Hanzi/Kanji script.

Katakana = Characters developed from Kanji as a shorthand, and also in order to represent phrases in the Japanese language not easily expressible or present in written Hanzi.

Romanji = Latin characters used in Japanese (hence Roman-ji)


I've got some images that show it. Let me upload them. Although it is actually Romaji not romanji.
Hiragana

Katakana

Kanji

Romaji
Posted 9/5/08
I never learn how to write them
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Taiwan
Offline
Posted 9/5/08
omg. i can't learn jap for nuts
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.