First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Read My Story? pls?
Moderator
23257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In an Ideal World...
Offline
Posted 8/18/09

turtle_herder wrote:

I am not one to speculate on the nuances that tickle a teenage mind. Especially a female one at that. Apparently I am not 'hip' due to my seeing the pointless nature of services like 'Twitter'.

Regardless, we will always need a group of people to clean our tables and serve us our McDonalds.


Hmm well, I'm not even completely sure what Twitter is for.

Lol. XD And be cashiers at Walmart. I can't help but laugh whenever I see a commercial for one of those toy cashier sets for children, its like they're training them for their future careers.
Member
2168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Stuck between sle...
Offline
Posted 8/18/09
Hehe Twitter is just another little evolution, or perhaps digression, in the whole social networking domain. It's for people to express groundbreaking news direct from their extremely captivating lives, like "I'm eating a sandwich". Enthralling stuff really. I use twitter to get updates from bands, or to make fun of twitter. Hypocrisy is fun.


Hehe now I'm picturing a rather vivid scenario in which Edward Cullen is being inextricably drawn to a giant mozzie zapper. 'Ohhh it sparkles just like me... ZAP!'

Moderator
2257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/22/09

fleetingthoughts wrote:

Hehe Twitter is just another little evolution, or perhaps digression, in the whole social networking domain. It's for people to express groundbreaking news direct from their extremely captivating lives, like "I'm eating a sandwich". Enthralling stuff really. I use twitter to get updates from bands, or to make fun of twitter. Hypocrisy is fun.


Hehe now I'm picturing a rather vivid scenario in which Edward Cullen is being inextricably drawn to a giant mozzie zapper. 'Ohhh it sparkles just like me... ZAP!'



Hehe, I would pay to see your adaption of the series if it involved a bug zapper and Edward Cullen. Then again, the fangirls may lynch you.

And as for twitter, is society really at a point where they need an update to be condensed to a 200 character limit in order to understand it? Everything that is 'announced' on twitter could be just as easily posted in a news blog, but those require actual effort. 'C U all L8R. Need 2 do something inane'. Though, inane is quite a tricky word...
Member
2168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Stuck between sle...
Offline
Posted 8/23/09


Ah well someone was bound to be lynched by hordes of rabid Twilight fangirls sooner or later, might as well be me.

Ah yes, inane is perhaps a word better suited to describe those using twitter religiously than a word being used by people who use twitter religiously. I saw a video that highlights the crazy leap everything has taken since facebook and twitter rather well.
Moderator
23257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In an Ideal World...
Offline
Posted 8/24/09


Haha yeah. I don't remember who I said this to before, but I'd rather live in a world without so much technology in a way.
Moderator
2257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/14/09

fleetingthoughts wrote:
Ah well someone was bound to be lynched by hordes of rabid Twilight fangirls sooner or later, might as well be me.

Ah yes, inane is perhaps a word better suited to describe those using twitter religiously than a word being used by people who use twitter religiously. I saw a video that highlights the crazy leap everything has taken since facebook and twitter rather well.


The video was well thought out, so thank you for linking. And good luck with the Edward/bug zapper project.



BlackMagic98 wrote:
Haha yeah. I don't remember who I said this to before, but I'd rather live in a world without so much technology in a way.


Oh? Someone's been reading too many Orwell novels perhaps?
Moderator
23257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In an Ideal World...
Offline
Posted 9/14/09

turtle_herder wrote:

Oh? Someone's been reading too many Orwell novels perhaps?


Haven't read any books by him actually.

It's just a view I've had for a long time, partially stemming from all these parental stories that are told when we say we're bored all the time. They talk about the old days etc, how they didn't have TONS OF STUFF like we do, but they had fun and they were happy. I've always wanted to live in an older time anyway.

It all can be explained, but it doesn't make it any better. The more stuff there is for us to do, the more bored we are. Your parents obviously can't keep getting you mountains of stuff, so you're more and more dissatisfied with what you have when someone gets something new and shows it off. It makes sense. I for one am constantly bored, but honestly I'd rather have someone to talk to than a vid game, I'm sure few people my age would agree with me. XD

Worse is that it seems no one cares about everyone else as much anymore. Maybe this makes sense too? In the past, people had to go through a lot of hardship, everyone had to do hard work, if you were to survive. (Unless you were rich of course.) Maybe because survival was such a struggle, people cared more for what they had, especially their family, so families would have been close.
Member
2168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Stuck between sle...
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
^ Agreed. People should always have precedence over gadgety things. Good hearty conversations are becoming a lost art...


Ah thank you, hmm I wonder how one goes about finding a human sized bug zapper...
Moderator
23257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In an Ideal World...
Offline
Posted 9/26/09


Hmm he is undead. Perhaps you could just get one of those car crusher thingies from a junkyard and use it on him?

I don't think he'd mind too much becoming a little cube. He doesn't really have feelings after all.

Member
2168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Stuck between sle...
Offline
Posted 10/4/09


Haha that last sentence and the smiley at the end made your post very sinister...
Moderator
23257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In an Ideal World...
Offline
Posted 10/5/09

fleetingthoughts wrote:

Haha that last sentence and the smiley at the end made your post very sinister...


Lol I think I'll take that as a compliment?

Member
2168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Stuck between sle...
Offline
Posted 10/6/09

Yes, please do. It wasn't an insult in any case. Just funny and sort of creepy, like if err a Care Bear started trying to strangle people...
Anywho Edward better watch out, BM's on the loose.
Moderator
23257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In an Ideal World...
Offline
Posted 10/9/09

fleetingthoughts wrote:

Yes, please do. It wasn't an insult in any case. Just funny and sort of creepy, like if err a Care Bear started trying to strangle people...
Anywho Edward better watch out, BM's on the loose.


Care Bears don't need to strangle people to be creepy. They're creepy already.

Like...Muppets and Teletubbies. Omg those things scare the crap out of me.

Rofl. XD

Member
2168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Stuck between sle...
Offline
Posted 10/9/09


Oh hehe that reminds me of this other kids show I saw a while ago. It was so freaky. I have no idea what it was called but it was basically these really fat colourful blob people with twitching eyes... tis the stuff of nightmares.
Moderator
23257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In an Ideal World...
Offline
Posted 10/10/09

fleetingthoughts wrote:

Oh hehe that reminds me of this other kids show I saw a while ago. It was so freaky. I have no idea what it was called but it was basically these really fat colourful blob people with twitching eyes... tis the stuff of nightmares.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.