First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply What is a food you would like to try?
Creator
116331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / At the studio.
Offline
Posted 1/28/09

Skye007 wrote:


LegendarySucker wrote:

I want to try a durian fruit! AND durian ice cream.



So, have you accomplished your mission of eating Durian fruit yet?


Sadly, NO...I just cant find any near me at all! Have you tried it?
Cook
726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / LaLa Land
Offline
Posted 1/31/09

LegendarySucker wrote:


Skye007 wrote:


LegendarySucker wrote:

I want to try a durian fruit! AND durian ice cream.



So, have you accomplished your mission of eating Durian fruit yet?


Sadly, NO...I just cant find any near me at all! Have you tried it?



wow, it's been almost a year since i last spoke to you about this. you should ask an asian person if you know any. they might know where you can find durian where you live. good luck!
Cook
2943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Arc De Acheria
Offline
Posted 3/17/09
durian is delecious..........i think it smell is good.....because u never try..you think it yuckss.....
i had eat while i young......
in malaysia and philipine, durian have a gred that can be of them different types.........
the popular is 'durian udang emas' i had taste it....so sweet and fatty........
and it ice- cream also we eat together with corn ice cream


i also had taste a curry.........it so delecious.....if you want it recipe.....you can ask me....

whatever food you can ask me .....curry, fruit, cake, ice- cream, drinks, spicy cook, malaysian cook, anything
Creator
116331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / At the studio.
Offline
Posted 3/17/09

realmajouku wrote:

durian is delecious..........i think it smell is good.....because u never try..you think it yuckss.....
i had eat while i young......
in malaysia and philipine, durian have a gred that can be of them different types.........
the popular is 'durian udang emas' i had taste it....so sweet and fatty........
and it ice- cream also we eat together with corn ice cream


i also had taste a curry.........it so delecious.....if you want it recipe.....you can ask me....

whatever food you can ask me .....curry, fruit, cake, ice- cream, drinks, spicy cook, malaysian cook, anything


Man, I wish I could find one...the good kind! Mmmmm You should post some yummy malaysisan recipes in the recipe thread! That'd be great!
Cook
2943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Arc De Acheria
Offline
Posted 3/18/09
oh ...really ....thanks for support..

Rendang tok

Ingredients

200g shallots
120g lemon grass
50g ginger
50g galangal
80g dried chilis
10g fennel

1kg beef, sliced into chunks
2 star anise
200g palm sugar, chopped
4 pieces of turmeric leaves, thinly sliced
500g coconut milk
5 pieces of lime leaves
100g kerisik or fried grated coconut
salt to taste

[Measurement Equivalents]
Method

1. If you´d noticed, there is no need for cooking oil. Heat a non-stick pot and put in the blended ingredients. Stir on medium fire.

2. Add in the coconut milk, star anise and palm sugar. At this stage, add a large pinch of salt too. Stir well.

3. When the mix starts to simmer, add in the beef. Allow it to simmer.

4. Finally, add in the kerisik and the turmeric leaves. Simmer until dry.


sorry....i can't put picture because i had acomputer problem......but please try it.........you can eat with rice or ketupat




Cook
2943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Arc De Acheria
Offline
Posted 3/18/09
http://makan.cari.com.my/view_full_recipe.php?id=68&kat_id=2&author=Kak Liza
for picture


soon i will find some more in english translation
Creator
116331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / At the studio.
Offline
Posted 3/18/09 , edited 3/18/09

realmajouku wrote:

oh ...really ....thanks for support..

Rendang tok

Ingredients

200g shallots
120g lemon grass
50g ginger
50g galangal
80g dried chilis
10g fennel

1kg beef, sliced into chunks
2 star anise
200g palm sugar, chopped
4 pieces of turmeric leaves, thinly sliced
500g coconut milk
5 pieces of lime leaves
100g kerisik or fried grated coconut
salt to taste

[Measurement Equivalents]
Method

1. If you´d noticed, there is no need for cooking oil. Heat a non-stick pot and put in the blended ingredients. Stir on medium fire.

2. Add in the coconut milk, star anise and palm sugar. At this stage, add a large pinch of salt too. Stir well.

3. When the mix starts to simmer, add in the beef. Allow it to simmer.

4. Finally, add in the kerisik and the turmeric leaves. Simmer until dry.


sorry....i can't put picture because i had acomputer problem......but please try it.........you can eat with rice or ketupat






Thank you! This is great! There are a few ingrediaents we may have trouble finding in the states.. like lime leaves (unless you live in Cali) and galangal, and turmeric leaves...and I have to find an measuring equivenlance chart for g to oz... but It can be done!!

EDIT: I just read that lime zest can be used in replacement for Lime leaves and that ginger mixed with lemon juice should be used in replacement of the galangal... SO now, I am on my way to cooking this delicious sounding dish!
Cook
2943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Arc De Acheria
Offline
Posted 3/18/09
but if you like cookies........
i had a traditional my home cookies........in malaysia are many cookies like chocolate cookies that you find such as chocolate crunch cookies, chocolate chips and many more...i will send it later....


Kuih Bangkit

400g tapioca flour
4 pandan leaves, cut into 5 – 6cm lengths
2 egg yolks
175g castor sugar
150ml thick coconut milk
1 tbsp butter

Pan fry tapioca flour together with the pandan leaves over a medium heat till light and dry, then sift and leave aside to cool thoroughly.

Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Sift in tapioca flour and mix.

Add thick coconut milk a little at a time. Knead well into a firm dough. Add in the butter and continue to knead until the dough is pliable.

Use a wooden mould to press out desired shapes or roll out dough to a thickness of 3/4cm on a lightly-floured tabletop. Stamp out desired shapes with cookie or kuih bangkit cutters.

Place on a baking tray (lightly floured with tapioca flour). Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 20 – 25 minutes or until the kuih bangkit turns dry. Cool before storing.
Cook
2943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Arc De Acheria
Offline
Posted 3/18/09 , edited 3/18/09


ingredients
250 g cooking chocolate
50g coco butter
150 g roasted almond [crunch it]
200 g cornflake or coco crunch [knead it a crunch it a little
150 g buble rice
rainbow rice
mini paper bowl

1.Melt the cooking choclate in double boil until the chocolate is melt.

2.Then, finish it out and pour the cocoa butter. Stir it well.

3. Put all the ingredients in a big bowl mix it. stir it again until it flat.

4. Divide it and put in a paper bowl [eat spoon] then put the rainbow rice.

5. Freeze it . [no need refrigerator]

6. Keep in tuperware
Cook
2943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Arc De Acheria
Offline
Posted 3/18/09
Rendang tok


Cook
2943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Arc De Acheria
Offline
Posted 3/18/09
in Shawal, we [muslim] will celebrate Aidilfitri and they will do cookies that we call biscuit raya.
chocolate chips
Cook
2943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Arc De Acheria
Offline
Posted 3/18/09
CHOCOLATE RICE
Cook
2943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Arc De Acheria
Offline
Posted 3/18/09







Thank you! This is great! There are a few ingrediaents we may have trouble finding in the states.. like lime leaves (unless you live in Cali) and galangal, and turmeric leaves...and I have to find an measuring equivenlance chart for g to oz... but It can be done!!

EDIT: I just read that lime zest can be used in replacement for Lime leaves and that ginger mixed with lemon juice should be used in replacement of the galangal... SO now, I am on my way to cooking this delicious sounding dish!


this also a new receipe.....you can replace what u want....because i know no many of ingredients that had outside my country

17087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Within the remnan...
Offline
Posted 3/24/09
lets see, it's not food that makes a dishs special it's the seasoning... i would like to experiement with seasonings.
Cook
8007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / sitting on my com...
Offline
Posted 9/6/09 , edited 9/6/09
i want to try crepes!! haven't try it though.. there's a restaurant who sells crepes but haven't checkd it out...hehehehe....i would also like to try bubble tea...

minna-san, you should try Balot... it is a duck egg..it is really yummy... you would see it as a weird and creepy food but it is really delicious!!

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.