First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Why do people tend to hate popular anime?
3439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/08 , edited 9/1/08

DrifterZ0 wrote:


Jei_Ken wrote:

Some people actually go out of their way to criticize an anime that they've never watched just becos it's liked by a lot of people. Like some people have never even WATCHED Naruto yet they go around calling people narutards, just becos it's so popular?

ps. I'm not a big Naruto fan, but I don't critisize it.


so popular, true, but sadly the producers of the series are now abusing its popularity that's why people now starting to hate it. there were times that naruto had a decent plot and storyline until the fillers came and ruined the show to the viewers, confusing them. some people tend to be like that, rather than becoming fans to the characters and etc. they tend to focus more on the story and have a more serious background with it. we can say that some guys just tend to become disappointed with animes like naruto for to them its not making "any point at all". some people doesn't want to wait for long, and the producers of the anime are making them do so. some of those people are expecting high from the series but then was changed because of the recent thing happened with the production of the series. i think its not the series that is to blame in naruto's situation but on its production itself. if the producers faithfully followed the plot and storyline of the series, basing from the manga, instead of going curves and creating senseless subplots that doesn't connect with the main storyline of the series. i think there would be fewer people who would be disappointed. but again, we can't blame them they have their own views in how "shows should be" and how things should "progress". producers of naruto should stop with their filler trend and instead focus more on progress with the story or else their franchise naruto would loose all of its popularity more.


yes all of that you said is true. but the thing is some people don't even WATCH the show nor read the manga. they just enjoy flaming anime becos of its popularity. like there's people who have never laid their eyes on Naruto but talk badly about it. like i totally don't get that. and even if we switch the topic to Bleach, its the same thing with it.
795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / kuwait
Offline
Posted 9/1/08

Some time the anime maybe a popular one but not all the people watch it
Like me I didn't watch Vampire Knight yet ..... why ??? I don't like Vampire ....
..... AAAA .....
every one have a tast

I don't hate popular anime but I hate the anime that dub by my own language becaues they will make it for kids and all the kids will watch it

so if any one know that I watch that popular anime they will lol .......
Posted 9/1/08
Probably because the plots are so long and over used...or just the fact that people talk about it every 5 seconds and some people find that annoying, I guess.
3439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/08

abyssinianrose07 wrote:

Probably because the plots are so long and over used...or just the fact that people talk about it every 5 seconds and some people find that annoying, I guess.


so you're saying the people ruin the reputation of an anime? not the anime itself?
3439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/08

beef222 wrote:


Some time the anime maybe a popular one but not all the people watch it
Like me I didn't watch Vampire Knight yet ..... why ??? I don't like Vampire ....
..... AAAA .....
every one have a tast

I don't hate popular anime but I hate the anime that dub by my own language becaues they will make it for kids and all the kids will watch it

so if any one know that I watch that popular anime they will lol .......


yeah but do you go around calling everyone who watches a vampire anime gay?
21752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/08

Wetdirtkipz wrote:

I watched Naruto into shippuden to see what the rage was all about. I must say that...

1) No ninja wears ORANGE for god's sake.

2) Or pink.

3) No ninja can run around in trees at 100 miles an hour, not look where they're going, and still make it out alive.

4) SASUKE AND ITACHI ARE EMO-FAGS. I don't see why everybody bitches over how sexy and shit they are.

5) I don't want to make such a long list, so I'm gonna end it here.


=_=

Then that applies to other hell lot of shows out there. -_-

1) Again,people judge anime by their clothing & colour.
2) Same as above.
3) If all anime must have reality check in there,what about One piece?No pirates can extend their hand,no pirates can talk while biting a sword.
4) How about Ulquiorra from Bleach? -_-
5) And since you really have alot of complaints on Naruto and have a long list,why watch Naruto into Naruto Shippuden?
3439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/08

bubblegum-samurai wrote:


Wetdirtkipz wrote:

I watched Naruto into shippuden to see what the rage was all about. I must say that...

1) No ninja wears ORANGE for god's sake.

2) Or pink.

3) No ninja can run around in trees at 100 miles an hour, not look where they're going, and still make it out alive.

4) SASUKE AND ITACHI ARE EMO-FAGS. I don't see why everybody bitches over how sexy and shit they are.

5) I don't want to make such a long list, so I'm gonna end it here.


=_=

Then that applies to other hell lot of shows out there. -_-

1) Again,people judge anime by their clothing & colour.
2) Same as above.
3) If all anime must have reality check in there,what about One piece?No pirates can extend their hand,no pirates can talk while biting a sword.
4) How about Ulquiorra from Bleach? -_-
5) And since you really have alot of complaints on Naruto and have a long list,why watch Naruto into Naruto Shippuden?


AGREEEE!
21752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/08
No,I won't hate a popular anime unless I watched it and really dislike it.

And I know people would just start flaming on Naruto in this thread. =_=
13688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/1/08
The only reason why most people dislike popular animes, is because of the fans, who tend to be very very annoying. Of course, I think it's stupid to hate a series just because it's popular, but it's not me to say what other people think.
3439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/08

lostty wrote:

The only reason why most people dislike popular animes, is because of the fans, who tend to be very very annoying. Of course, I think it's stupid to hate a series just because it's popular, but it's not me to say what other people think.


you must me talking about the fangirls... i like them, they're funny
507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cali. Los Angeles...
Offline
Posted 9/1/08
People hate on popular anime because they want to feel special. They don't like that a mass of little kids and newcomers are joining in on something they have loved for a long time. It takes away from what they like to do and thus they feel less special. Listen to their reasons when they say why they hate a popular anime. It is all ignorant and not credible but they say it because they don't want to associate with the little kids that have joined in on the fun. It is sad because people are just going to deny this but its the truth. What other reason would explain why once they loved an anime and now they dont..
28570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ireland/UK
Offline
Posted 9/1/08
its not like i purposely go out to hate Bleach and Naruto... but after the 100th or so episode it just gets tedious and i just wonder why people still think its amazing. And i havent watched Inyuasha yet.. but i did watch one episode and it didnt really look like my cup of tea

But i dont hate all popular anime.. Elfen Lied is quite popular, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is quite popular, Kanon, Clannad and Air is popular Pokemon is or rather was popular lol. It seems like this thread is kinda misleading... clearly if the anime is popular people like it? i think thats what popular means anyways lol. Its just the major tediously long animes like Bleach, Naruto, Inyuasha and One Piece.
1933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In your ports kil...
Offline
Posted 9/1/08 , edited 9/1/08

Jei_Ken wrote:


Shima-Katase wrote:

Because most of the popular shows I've seen are boring and the Naruto fans say if you don't like Naruto you can go fuck yourself. That is not mature, that is something a retard would say.


I'm not just talking about Naruto. even with Vampire Knight, it's one of the shows I like but people get soooo aggressive towards you if you like an anime they hate. despite the fact that they haven't watched it, they automatically hate it cos it's popular. and the popular shows are popular becos of one reason - they're good!


Naruto= Filler fest and drawing crap out as long as possible and vampire knight just isn't that good (incest but its ok because they're vampires? wtf!)

Also popular because its good?

Programs like Big Brother (and all its clones), X-factor (and all its clones) and Strictly come danceing/ Dancing on Ice beg to differ

These only seem to get worshiped because of something called the lowest common denominator, put fans of these programs in front of any program that requires the slightest bit of thought to understand (or even just a proper storyline) and its all "whats that?", "whys he doing that?"

In my experience things don't get popular because of quality but because of being of a leave-your-brain-at-home type or in the case of stuff like vampire knight "omg hot vampires *fangirl squeal*"
1842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/08

Jei_Ken wrote:


lostty wrote:

The only reason why most people dislike popular animes, is because of the fans, who tend to be very very annoying. Of course, I think it's stupid to hate a series just because it's popular, but it's not me to say what other people think.


you must me talking about the fangirls... i like them, they're funny


i like your pic...
59156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / ♥┼◙┼♥...............
Offline
Posted 9/1/08
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.