Created by lizze665
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply KOREA OR PHILIPPINES??????
4798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/08
korean version is better i really dont like the flipppnio language dont get me wrong im not rascit but its freaking annoying
418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / from the 3rd plan...
Offline
Posted 10/19/08
it is not the problem if its the philippine version or any version but the worse is those actors and actresses in the philippine version.. so annoying ....they RUINED the orginal version
269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / canada
Offline
Posted 10/19/08
ha ha ha soooooooo funny! Regine and Mark were good enough,wait till I watch the korean version. So far, Phil. version excellent!!!!!!!!!
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 10/21/08
Since I know next to nothing about Fillipino culture, I'm not sure how to take ASKSS out of that context and reason out why some parts were the way there were. So far I like ASKSS, even though Regine's overacting, hideous wig hair thing on her head (or her actual hair?!?), much larger body mass (compared to Kim Sun Ah), and exaggerated motions/eating have kind of thrown me off. I don't want to attribute horrible wigs and her grossing me out with her eating to Fillipino culture though, seems like it's unique to her. Other than that, it took me a while to get used to the idea of Mark Anthony as hot because his character strikes me as strange for a Fillipino. What little I do know of Fillipino men is that they are daring and well...in your face when they like you. If they like you it isn't one of those I'm to shy to tell her how I feel games as it is with Mark Anthony and Regine.

That being said, it's a generalization that I probably shouldn't take to heart, it was just with me as I watched this, and is slowly being put away on the shelf of preconceptions I don't need/shouldn't have.

I am growing to like Mark's character, although he lacks some of the haughty ice prince demeanor that I like in my Korean men before they melt in the hands of the women they love. He's softer than I'm used to, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing yet. But I do have to say he is a cutie, even though he looks kind of short to me...dunno why.

The most annoying thing so far is the younger sister. Her desperation is painful to watch at some moments, and makes me a little uncomfortable. I'm not sure why, but she comes off as a little too bratty for my taste.

One thing that hasn't changed from the original is that the women in Asia are awesomely spunky. Not spunky in that teenage girl kind of way, but spirited. Kudos to all the female cast members!

Altogether, I loved the original, and will hopefully see the rest of the remake so I can say with certainty if one is better than the other. I might discover that I just like both.
Member
229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 10/21/08 , edited 10/21/08
^The writers of the show really 'toned down' the mean' Cyrus in this version.(as admitted by the headwriter of this show in PEX)

Mark is 5'9. Tall for a Filipino. Hehe

Just some facts. LOL
83 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 10/22/08

nattaklutz wrote:

^The writers of the show really 'toned down' the mean' Cyrus in this version.(as admitted by the headwriter of this show in PEX)

Mark is 5'9. Tall for a Filipino. Hehe

Just some facts. LOL


That totally explains it. I'm like 5'10" so to me he is short (or just shorter since I'm tall). Funny how I got the feeling he wasn't tall. But yea, we'll see how this niceness works out for me. Thanks for the info btw.
16233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Land of my liking...
Offline
Posted 10/23/08 , edited 10/23/08
I LIKE THE KOREAN VERSION MORE JUST BECAUSE I TEND TO FAVOR THE ONE THAT IS NOT A REMAKE AND IN THE MOVIE THE PEOPLE LOOK LIKE THAI AND SOME LIKE WHITE AMERICANS. I THINK IT'S HOW THEY LOOK TO ME BECAUSE I'M USED TO KOREAN ACTORS IN THAT MOVIE AND MOST DRAMAS I'VE SEEN OR WATCHED.


mitsuki100 wrote:

It comes from a book from a famous writer in Colombia.

SERIOUSLY?! I DID NOT KNOW THAT. BUT IT'S STILL REAL GOOD!^_^
ALTHOUGH I CAN'T EXACTLY FINISH IT. BUT I STILL LOVE IT SO FAR!


whatscurry wrote:

korean version is better i really dont like the flipppnio language dont get me wrong im not rascit but its freaking annoying

I THINK THE LANGUAGE SOUNDS LIKE SPANISH MIXED WITH THAI. LOL, BUT I'M NOT FILIPINO SO I CANT SAY MUCH MORE. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION SO DON'T TAKE IT OFFENSIVELY!

842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / california
Offline
Posted 10/23/08
i know some find filipino language funny especially if it is the first time you heard it. Tagalog is actually a mix of spanish and malay language. and English is our second language that's why you'll always hear it in our everyday conversation. i'm a filipino and i don't find it offensive when others say it sound weird or funny because it was also my initial reaction when i first watched twdrama, kdrama, and jdrama without dubbing.
4594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / PHIL
Offline
Posted 10/24/08
Im a filipino i understand if other find our language funny cuz feel the same way too, Its just an initial reaction.^^
i like d both versions but nothing beat the original^^
373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Union City, CA
Offline
Posted 10/24/08

jinnysan wrote:

So far I like ASKSS, even though Regine's overacting, hideous wig hair thing on her head (or her actual hair?!?), much larger body mass (compared to Kim Sun Ah), and exaggerated motions/eating have kind of thrown me off. I don't want to attribute horrible wigs and her grossing me out with her eating to Fillipino culture though, seems like it's unique to her.

The most annoying thing so far is the younger sister. Her desperation is painful to watch at some moments, and makes me a little uncomfortable. I'm not sure why, but she comes off as a little too bratty for my taste.


the overacting part i already explained on my other posts... it's because of the filipino ways... Filipinos in general are naturally exaggerated.. in a way that in dramas and movies they say that you should double the emotions to make the viewers feel what you want them to feel, that's why it has gone over the top... i mean filipino people are really mellodramatic and theatrical in normal lives so yeah, i think that explains it... (any filipino raised people who disagree may do so, just let me know)...

second is the eating... i guess it's because of the culture... we're the exact opposite of bridgette jones' diary... if we get broken hearted we tend to eat a lot... there's a saying that goes like "when you're eating a lot and your stomach still feels empty, this means it's not the stomach but the heart that is empty" so yeah a lot of people vent the anger to food, just stuffing their faces off... this really happens here... and the weight is a way to warn filipino girls too i think, coz a lot of people are getting thicker and thicker...

the younger sister is another reality, most of the time the younger generations are social climbers... flaunting what they don't have... and desperate to become rich... and yeah the truth is, the younger people are more and more evolving into bratty little devils nowadays...

ps
the hair is just a wig i think, regine's hair is short... as far as i can remember from the latest show i've last seen her on...

i wish i helped you understand a bit...

ps again
the filipino language doesn't sound thai at all.. it sounds weird but not as weird as thai, maybe because the setting is in the wet market that's why... Filipinos joke around that haggling on the wet market sounds like thai people speaking... no offense here it's meant to be a joke... ^_^
Posted 10/25/08
i like the korean version better cos i didn't like the latter part of the series of the filipino version. i thought that it was "too different" and it's like they completely change the plot in order to lengthen the series unlike the original version which didn't even reach 30 episodes [not sure but yeah], still i like the original version better.
Posted 11/2/08

Raine_23 wrote:



uhh, duh, when did i attack you natnatnaz? in what way and in what manner have i attacked you? that was also my opinion, then how can i give my opinion on your opinion if we ban the freedom of speech altogether? i wouldn't be able to give comments to your comments too right?

plus who's jumping into conclusions? me? or you? i didn't state any conclusions did i? how about i tell you this, i am not a ASKSS fan and i don't like the drama either.. i just dislike people who contradict themselves.. so take your advice and don't jump into conclusions... coz you might die from your own poison...

oh and last but not the least try looking up the meaning of http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lurk "lurking" and do another rebuttal... coz in my opinion you are lurking on this thread...

and if you want to post negative comments then don't be agitated to negative comments regarding your comments as well..

claps for me.. thank you thank you


You didn't attack him literally but you attacked him by ways of posting, replying to his messages. I mean what if you're just telling others about your opinion and then suddenly another member replies you "why even bother to come this site and comment? duh~~!" You know forum talks about the opinions of forumers and natnatnaz just gave his opinion about the topic. It is not against the rules because it is not normal for forums to read just positive comments because everyone is different, thus, the opinions of others are different from others and those are what the forum is asking for.

And last but not the least, according to the site you gave, lurking means to read messages on an Internet discussion forum (as a newsgroup or chat room) without contributing. And since natnatnaz just contributed by means of posting, that means he wasn't lurking.
373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Union City, CA
Offline
Posted 11/2/08


natnatnaz said he/she wasn't lurking when in fact he was watching, thus meaning he/she doesn't have an idea what it means... about lurking, lurking also means to hide but there's a possibility of being discovered, meaning when you post doesn't mean you aren't a lurker anymore, and since this is being brought up to lurk is literally to stay on a forum/chatroom with bad intentions may it be to gain information secretly then attack with a different username or just hide untill you can see a loophole and start your attack... those are lurkers... idk why this has been digged up when natnatnaz already yielded... will this be a good example of Lurking then? and if you read my post i was actually describing what lurking is and i didn't point out specifically who was lurking...

secondly, attacking means doing/saying something malicious or injurious to someone, when i didn't even said anything wrong in my posts... i wasn't pertaining to anyone with my posts and i did not attack anyone in particular, someone said ouch that means he/she is guilty, so i replied... and stop sticking your nose on someone else's business... i know this is a forum and i don't mind reading negative comments, as i have said, i don't like the drama either, i was just pissed off because of the haters that's why i'm replying to posts... if you want to defend somebody don't limit yourself in the forums try looking at their posts in the wall too, and see for yourself if natnatnaz isn't a hater in disguise... there's a really cool technology about the internet called IP tracking so people can find out if the comments posted are from the same IP w/ just a different username...

and lastly this thread is a poll, it was only asking korea or philippines, and the answer is simple, no need for bashing and hating, it didn't ask "why?" coz it's a poll, do you put reasons why you voted on your ballot? no..

i rest my case...
Posted 11/2/08

Raine_23 wrote:

natnatnaz said he/she wasn't lurking when in fact he was watching, thus meaning he/she doesn't have an idea what it means... about lurking, lurking also means to hide but there's a possibility of being discovered, meaning when you post doesn't mean you aren't a lurker anymore, and since this is being brought up to lurk is literally to stay on a forum/chatroom with bad intentions may it be to gain information secretly then attack with a different username or just hide untill you can see a loophole and start your attack... those are lurkers... idk why this has been digged up when natnatnaz already yielded... will this be a good example of Lurking then? and if you read my post i was actually describing what lurking is and i didn't point out specifically who was lurking...

secondly, attacking means doing/saying something malicious or injurious to someone, when i didn't even said anything wrong in my posts... i wasn't pertaining to anyone with my posts and i did not attack anyone in particular, someone said ouch that means he/she is guilty, so i replied... and stop sticking your nose on someone else's business... i know this is a forum and i don't mind reading negative comments, as i have said, i don't like the drama either, i was just pissed off because of the haters that's why i'm replying to posts... if you want to defend somebody don't limit yourself in the forums try looking at their posts in the wall too, and see for yourself if natnatnaz isn't a hater in disguise... there's a really cool technology about the internet called IP tracking so people can find out if the comments posted are from the same IP w/ just a different username...

and lastly this thread is a poll, it was only asking korea or philippines, and the answer is simple, no need for bashing and hating, it didn't ask "why?" coz it's a poll, do you put reasons why you voted on your ballot? no..

i rest my case...


Can you give me some proof that when you post, it doesn't mean you aren't a lurker anymore? And that lurking also means to literally stay on a forum with bad intentions may it be to gain information secretly then attack with a different username or just hide until you can see a loophole and start your attack?

And how come you also define lurking as to literally stay on a forum with bad intentions then attack with a different username? Are you trying to say that I was attacking you? But you just have said that attacking means doing/saying something malicious or injurious to someone but I didn't do that to you. You weren't pertaining to anyone with your posts? But you quoted the post of natnatnaz (or have made it as a spoiler in your post.) Doesn't it mean that you were pertaining to natnatnaz with your other posts?

Stop sticking your nose on someone else's business? Why? Is sticking your nose on your business a violation for the forum? Didn't you do that too when natnatnaz just replied with katie26? You were also sticking your nose on someone else's business.

And why did you say natnatnaz was a hater? He just said, "disappointed in the filipino version...it sucks..." He didn't say he hates it. In fact, he was watching it but he was disappointed. And why did you say he was a hater in disguise? Can you give me his other usernames using that cool technology you were talking about?

And as for your last paragraph, can you give me some proof how natnatnaz was bashing and hating? You said the topic was not asking why. But it's not only natnatnaz who answered the hidden "why" question. And if the topic starter was not asking why about the topic, then why didn't she made the topic as a poll-only topic? Isn't it possible to make it like that? Of course, you do not put reasons why you voted on your ballot because you have not been given a chance to give reasons. Voting on a ballot and on polls is different.
Member
229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 11/2/08
The problem with some of the replies is that it become an attack to the Filipinos themselves rather than answering the question, the poll, whatever you want to call it. Sometimes it goes to racist things like "Filipinos can't do anything good",. Lines like that are a sign of major inferiority complex. People can be constructive with their criticism if they want to but many a time, many Filipinos don't even bother.

If waguey can give his/her opinion properly, why can't others?

And words like "suck" is offensive.

This mentality is a problem among many Filipinos. Just look at how crappy PEX has been, particularly the TV programs section. GMA sucks, ABS CBN sucks.

Do many Filipino really lack tack? That freedom of expression must have gotten to much in their heads thinking that freedom of speech is something absolute.

Better yet, mods ought to close this.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.