First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Aethiopeia-DBSK's North American Fan Club
12121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / 1st state that se...
Offline
Posted 9/2/08
I don't need guys that are going to say, "Who are they?" "We don't care. I'm not even a fan." This is just for those who care so take your ignorance somewhere else. I always see someone who will say, "I don't care." or that you don't even know them in other forums. So really, no need to reply.
I'm not too sure if this is allowed but the rules said we can advertise. Anyway, if it isn't just take it down.
It's easier this way than post it in every DBSK groups that I know of and then my post would reach its limit.
Down to the discussion.


*************************************************

As most of you know we conducted a vote in different forums and websites
Here's the tally of the names.

Eternal Light: 142
Five By Five: 107
Leo: 31
Schedar: 34
Selene(Selena): 117

Based on the poll Eternal Light would win. However, we also said while putting the poll up that suggestions are still accepted, if we think the suggested name is good we'll use it disregarding the poll. There were some suggestions like Pegasus, Andromeda, and Cass North America, others also ask if there's no other choice other than the said 5 names.
Someone suggested Ethiopia/Aethiopia, it's the kingdom in which Queen Cassiopeia and King Cepheus lived and ruled. The constellation Cepheus is in the east of Cassiopeia, so it can represent Big East, with that said Cassiopeians, Big East, and Aethiopians will be family. It can be called in two different names Ethiopia or Aethiopia, but there's a country in Africa called Ethiopia so we're going with Aethiopia.

Staffs comments.

JunJae's comments (LJKanimes): The first time I heard Aethiopia, I instantly thought that it's a really good name. It sounds so mystique and really good in the ears. Moreover, I love its relation with Cassiopeia, it's where Queen Cassiopeia lived. Some people ask why do we have to have a name for the club, why not just named ourselves Cassiopeia North America? If we do that, it would be so boring. Other countries have their own name for their DBSK fan club. They're also asking if we have another name then we won't be Cassiopeia anymore? That's why I thought Aethiopia is a really good name. It only means that we're still Cassiopeia. It's all interconnected.and I forgot my obsession about Selene(Selena) because of the name. ahehe.

KuKKIEZ comments (KaoriHoshiko): I think it matches very well with Cassiopeia. And us fans are like family, so if the names between fan clubs are related it would be great. Plus Aethiopia sounds elegant and beautiful.

asian517 comments: iono if i am doing this right but o well. Well. seriously i don't like any of the 5 names.. i personally like pegasus, but, now it seems that is out of the question.
so. Since now the question is the opinion on Aethiopia well... i seriously hav no idea how to pronounce it., but the definition of it is that it is a place that they lived... hmm... i atually like this one better then the other 5. if this must be the name then so be it.... between the 5 and this one i choose this one.. but.. ahem.. cough ilikepegasusthebest cough (JunJae:there's already a European fan club named Pegasus)

kira comments(the writer): I like Aethiopia a lot. I don't like eternal light that much... but i suppose majority rules here.

XiahSarang comments(DaisukiKissu): I've never really liked Eternal light.

Aethiopia sounds wonderful. So classic and original. Whats more important is that we're somehow connected to Cassiopeia and Big East.

I was thinking of CassNA, Cass being Cassiopeia, and NA being North America. It's common but straight to the point haha. But compared to Aethiopia, I like Aethiopia better

masterwill22 comments: yess.... i didn't live Eternal Light either. Aethiopeia sounds much better, even though it sounds like Cassiopeia Oo

mrsjungyunho comments (pnaylover_14): I honestly thought it was selena...but never mind! Lol its Aethiopeia. Lol Did I spell that right? YEAAHH. Lol. I like that name yo.

Its sophistcated, yet unique and YET its completely different form all of the other DBSK Fansites. =]

So, we then took the name aethiopia because all the staffs that replied think it's a perfect name. However, we change the name to Aethiopeia because it would relate more to Cassiopeia because after all we are still Cassiopeia. So please don't ask if we're Cassies or not because we are. Finding it hard to pronounce?
It's just E as in e in elephant(lols)-tee-yo-piya...

Announcement:
We need more staffs...If you would like to join please do and PM me or e-mail [email protected]...
We need more web/graphic designers those that can do photoshop and stuffs because I'm killing the 5 web/graphic designers...well, not really...plus 1 (KuKKIEZ) we have 6...lols...
Someone who resides in Mexico....you'll be our Mexican moderator.
Translators (Korean, japanese, Chinese, and any other languages...lols...)...mostly Korean and Japanese...yes we're going to have a subbing team, we're going to sub stuffs that neither DBSJ Productions or GOESS sub...however, we'll likely need the translators help for projects and we need more Korean translators than Japanese...as of now we have 3 Korean translators and no Japanese Translators and 1 Chinese translator and 1 Thai translator...
What projects am I talking about? DBSK projects...birthday, anniversaries and stuffs...and if you're asking if they'll receive it...yes, they will...it's all arrange...
Coordinators will help the forum. You'll be moderator but not quite.
All of those who are going to apply as staffs will have to follow the rules and be active. Even if we need you really bad if you're not going to follow the rules and be active you'll just be a member.

Now for the opening of the forum. It will be open Sept the 19th or probably sooner than that. Website would be later.For our opening you'll get to have a chance to win DBSK's 24th Japanese single, we know the 4th comeback album is better but still it's a Dong Bang CD! What's the contest? It's a poem. We don't need a professional poem, we need something sincere and for DBSK. 10 of the best poems will be in the project that we're making, and the winner will, of course, win the CD and have his/her poem featured in one page. You don't have to worry about the Korean and stuffs. It's our problem you just need to turn one in.
I'll post the url when we open.


704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Right here~
Offline
Posted 9/2/08 , edited 9/2/08
Aethiopeia sounds really good! The name just fits.
12606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Baka Land
Offline
Posted 9/2/08
OMG! thats really exciting that Aethiopeia has been picked for the name! i'm so excited!
Posted 9/2/08 , edited 9/2/08
i like the name, kinda reminds me of athiest lol xD random. anywho, sounds cool =D im a huge dbsk fan, i'll maybe sign up to be a coordinater but not sure if i have the time...
Posted 9/3/08
Please join everyone ^^
28010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / TVXQ's LOVE o(≧∀≦)o
Offline
Posted 9/3/08
I like Cassiopeia North America better...

i like the UNITY of evry DBSk fans calling themselves... CASSIOPEIA.. with their countrys name.. so

I'm part of Philippine Cassiopeia... so im not the violent kind
284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 9/3/08

portiaisabel wrote:

I like Cassiopeia North America better...

i like the UNITY of evry DBSk fans calling themselves... CASSIOPEIA.. with their countrys name.. so

I'm part of Philippine Cassiopeia... so im not the violent kind


i agree
28010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / TVXQ's LOVE o(≧∀≦)o
Offline
Posted 9/3/08 , edited 9/3/08
Now i remember.. aethiopeia reminds me of the county ETHIOPIA..... or other stuff... not related to any adoration.. in a fanclub thingy way

12121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / 1st state that se...
Offline
Posted 9/3/08

portiaisabel wrote:

I like Cassiopeia North America better...

i like the UNITY of evry DBSk fans calling themselves... CASSIOPEIA.. with their countrys name.. so

I'm part of Philippine Cassiopeia... so im not the violent kind


Every DBSK fan consider themselves Cassiopeia...may it be violent or kind...even Big East consider themselves Cassiopeia...
Posted 9/3/08 , edited 9/3/08
actually i was a fan of Eternal Light, but now im starting to like Aethiopia much better, cuz it sounds awesome and i has a good meaning behind it

so if its going to be aethiopeia then what do we call the members? Aethiopeians?
1908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Down the Yellow B...
Offline
Posted 9/3/08
its a good name and i love how it has its connection with cassiopia it's really sweet but... how do you say it--like--- E*ti*oh*pi*a or A*ti*oh*pi*a
Posted 9/3/08

azncutie209 wrote:

its a good name and i love how it has its connection with cassiopia it's really sweet but... how do you say it--like--- E*ti*oh*pi*a or A*ti*oh*pi*a


Ey*ti*oh*pi*ah ^^
1908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Down the Yellow B...
Offline
Posted 9/3/08 , edited 9/3/08

DaisukiKissu wrote:


azncutie209 wrote:

its a good name and i love how it has its connection with cassiopia it's really sweet but... how do you say it--like--- E*ti*oh*pi*a or A*ti*oh*pi*a


Ey*ti*oh*pi*ah ^^


ohhh so the "Ey" is said with like i* (eye)? wait i think i got it... some thing like Ay* is that the same?
50098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Killeen, TX
Offline
Posted 9/3/08

azncutie209 wrote:

its a good name and i love how it has its connection with cassiopia it's really sweet but... how do you say it--like--- E*ti*oh*pi*a or A*ti*oh*pi*a


I completely agree. If you can give the pronunciation it would be great this way I won't get it messed up when I start telling my friends about it. Great job guys.
Posted 9/3/08

azncutie209 wrote:


DaisukiKissu wrote:


azncutie209 wrote:

its a good name and i love how it has its connection with cassiopia it's really sweet but... how do you say it--like--- E*ti*oh*pi*a or A*ti*oh*pi*a


Ey*ti*oh*pi*ah ^^


ohhh so the "Ey" is said with like i* (eye)? wait i think i got it... some thing like Ay* is that the same?


More like "ey" as is in "Hey"

So it would be Ey-thi-oh-pi-ah ^^
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.