First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Racism
5986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / lazing in England
Offline
Posted 3/28/07

yurimoroz wrote:

Racism is a result of bad education, bad living conditions and being taught to hate. It most definitely royally sucks.
Not necessarily true. I went to a public (private) school and there were some rich racists. But yes to being taught as their parents were just as bad (but as not openly) as they were.

11359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/28/07

mauz15 wrote:

^ "Racism is gay" >_> Do you realize what you just did?



Uhh... Oops... sorry. Hey, Mauz. I have a request! Please delete my double posted thread!!! It was an accident because I wasn't sure if I posted it... PLEASE!!??
3338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/28/07
No it shouldn't be accepted, but it still is by many people. I know many who aren't and a few who are. At least where I attend college, people are open about different cultures and races cause the campus is pretty well mixed. I've seen more reverse discrimination now than anything though since I started working. I'm just annoyed at how people assume that white people are being racist. I mean, if I can't give a customer a coupon because its expired, race really doesn't have anything to do with it.
11359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/28/07
O.k Thanks Mauz, and sorry for the troubles.
336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Walnut/Berkeley, CA
Offline
Posted 3/29/07
racism shouldn't be accepted... but on the other hand, race jokes are some of the best jokes out there.. they are just funny... they are wrong, but so funny..
777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/29/07
racism only exists because people say the offending words (cry me a river its just words) and someone getting offended by it. if everyone stopped caring then there wouldn't be racist terms, and if people stop using them then people wouldnt have to get offended (pussies)
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 3/29/07
Well I've done a fair amount of traveling and have experienced some racist situations against me. Nothing that really upset me too much though.

Amusingly, when I went to germany, people would start speaking to me in german without a second thought thanks to my blonde hair lol. I knew a guy who was of japanese descent who was from the deep south and had a southern accent (and was a lazy redneck through and through). He was stationed in japan once, so I always wondered what the hell they made of him there.

I enjoy racist humor, and I've had friends from all sorts of racial and culutral backgrounds. I think that's in large part because I'm a drinker - we get along with everyone. But I take a great amount of pride in how politically incorrect I am. Gay-bashing is a downright trademark of my humor, and on occasion racist remarks (as well as a copious amount of foul language). I've had to seriously tone it down after getting out of the military which is one of the few things I miss.

Personally, I think people have the right to be as racist as they want to be and express it as well (provided it stays out of the professional world). It's an oppinion just like anything else and people are entitled to have them. Isn't freedom of speech a two way street after all? Does freedom of speech only apply when it fits the ideal politically correct status quo?

I really wish I was born early enough to live in the first half of the 20th century. It's been all downhill since the hippies showed up.
4849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / south london
Offline
Posted 3/29/07
i love me some racism.......... but only in moderation

most people i know use it as something to pass blame on
"its because im black", "its just because im asian" or "its only cos im white" - most of the time their right.................... and saying it to me
741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 3/29/07
yep or how we cant really say the N or the Wet to other raciest but they could say it to each other. and when we say it, itz racism, how odd but o well.
36141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Macross City
Offline
Posted 3/29/07
I for one experienced much racism and it seems that the media negatively portrays Asians the most. The media always talks about being politically correct but no one respects the fact that not all Asian are the same. Words like chink and things of that nature don't always offend me but it's when people are ignorant about different cultures that frustrates me. Despite that, it has gotten better now. I wouldn't want to live in a time where people were beaten and picked on and get away with it. You say stuff about hippies, but if it weren't for changes helped by them and people like Malcom X and MLK, things would be much harder for many of us(unless your a white(Well, most whites.).) I am glad that this country stands up for what it means in that sense.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 3/29/07

kankokujin wrote:

I for one experienced much racism and it seems that the media negatively portrays Asians the most. The media always talks about being politically correct but no one respects the fact that all Asian are not the same. People, if you're going to be racist, at least get your information straight.


I've noticed that asians seem to be the only race that no one seems to give a damn about. It's still okay to make fun of them in movies, it's still okay to stereotype them, etc.
36141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Macross City
Offline
Posted 3/29/07

azrael910 wrote:


kankokujin wrote:

I for one experienced much racism and it seems that the media negatively portrays Asians the most. The media always talks about being politically correct but no one respects the fact that all Asian are not the same. People, if you're going to be racist, at least get your information straight.


I've noticed that asians seem to be the only race that no one seems to give a damn about.
Exactly my point. People always talk about racism is bad and so forth but this still goes on. I think not many Asians care enough either.

741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 3/29/07
ya same here, itz like sayin white ppl and then, they get all mad that they r this or that.
and when they say asian to me, i get all mad and then they say somethin like, well they r all the same like their eyes. gezz
and sry about the white ppl thing, just a example.
4849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / south london
Offline
Posted 3/29/07
everybody is a racist...... if at least only a little
i cant make a white ppl comment "cos it'll offend white ppl", that there is racist in itself

i look at it like this: "its not what u say but how u say it"
5943 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
59 / F / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 3/29/07
Racism is ignorant and always wrong. I must admit I feel a bit sorry for racists because they are doing themselves out of a whole lot of potential friends. But the effect on the recipients is terrible. No-one should be subjected to that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.