First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
[5 Sept] This week's site changes
Posted 9/6/08

Jorlwind wrote:

The limit was imposed because too many meatbags were posting just snippets "hello" "I agree" and "cool"

Learn to write damnit >< as for word games like 6 letter words, just carry on some middle conversation or something. It's not THAT hard to type 15 characters.

I think of it this way. There is less reason for meatbags to type in txt-speak now = ) Txt-speak is my bane, by the way.


Rite
23727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/6/08

I-Killerbee-I wrote:


Jorlwind wrote:

The limit was imposed because too many meatbags were posting just snippets "hello" "I agree" and "cool"

Learn to write damnit >< as for word games like 6 letter words, just carry on some middle conversation or something. It's not THAT hard to type 15 characters.

I think of it this way. There is less reason for meatbags to type in txt-speak now = ) Txt-speak is my bane, by the way.


Rite


If people do that, the consequences will be swift and harsh.

Death to the traitors of the Empire.
Posted 9/6/08

Jorlwind wrote:


I-Killerbee-I wrote:


Jorlwind wrote:

The limit was imposed because too many meatbags were posting just snippets "hello" "I agree" and "cool"

Learn to write damnit >< as for word games like 6 letter words, just carry on some middle conversation or something. It's not THAT hard to type 15 characters.

I think of it this way. There is less reason for meatbags to type in txt-speak now = ) Txt-speak is my bane, by the way.


Rite


If people do that, the consequences will be swift and harsh.

Death to the traitors of the Empire.




EDIT: no seriously, the 15 character limit is useless as it is...if you quote someone, you don't have to full fill the 15 character limit. And as you said yourself it's not that hard to type 15 characters, especially if all you need is to press the space bar for a sec, once you've written "Hi", or add a few dots.

Lol, I honestly don't see how this is going to stop people from spamming.

Floetry~
23727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/6/08

I-Killerbee-I wrote:


Jorlwind wrote:


I-Killerbee-I wrote:


Jorlwind wrote:

The limit was imposed because too many meatbags were posting just snippets "hello" "I agree" and "cool"

Learn to write damnit >< as for word games like 6 letter words, just carry on some middle conversation or something. It's not THAT hard to type 15 characters.

I think of it this way. There is less reason for meatbags to type in txt-speak now = ) Txt-speak is my bane, by the way.


Rite


If people do that, the consequences will be swift and harsh.

Death to the traitors of the Empire.




EDIT: no seriously, the 15 character limit is useless as it is...if you quote someone, you don't have to full fill the 15 character limit. And as you said yourself it's not that hard to type 15 characters, especially if all you need is to press the space bar for a sec, once you've written "Hi", or add a few dots.

Lol, I honestly don't see how this is going to stop people from spamming.

Floetry~


It's better than nothing. Most of the time, these people don't even quote. So I guess it helps there.
14471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / In my own room
Offline
Posted 9/6/08
hey Shinji why cant i post forum they say i post too much forum*make forum*but i only make a little >.<
Posted 9/6/08 , edited 9/6/08

Jorlwind wrote:
It's better than nothing. Most of the time, these people don't even quote. So I guess it helps there.


Notice: I don't want to crush your dream, but in the forum game section, the kids already realised that to play the 5 letter games they have to add a few dots, or spaces...>.> And that was found out very quickly...

<----------------- something like that would be a loooot more effective than the 15 character limit, of course it might be considered as a hassle, but I think people who only want to spam or don't really have to submit something very meaningful, would give up on posting in the forum, unless they want to go through this procedure, the end result of this would be, that only the people who really want to submit their posts would go through this procedure, i.e. more meaningful posts, less spammers =O Sounds almost like the perfect cure.

Floetry~

kilalareno wrote:

hey Shinji why cant i post forum they say i post too much forum*make forum*but i only make a little >.<


Woah?! You mean when you make a thread, it says that you are posting too many characters? Or when you are submitting a post in a thread? =O does that mean that you were posting too many posts at once, and CR considered it as spam? =O Why don't I know about this update? =O

Or did I just completely misunderstand what you said? Lol, jk. I guess you mean you can't post a post, because there is now a character limit, you have to type at least 15 characters so that you can submit your post. =O I could tell you how easy that works..or actually no, just read this whole thread, and you'll see

Floetry~
23727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/6/08

I-Killerbee-I wrote:


Jorlwind wrote:
It's better than nothing. Most of the time, these people don't even quote. So I guess it helps there.


Notice: I don't want to crush your dream, but in the forum game section, the kids already realised that to play the 5 letter games they have to add a few dots, or spaces...>.> And that was found out very quickly...

<----------------- something like that would be a loooot more effective than the 15 character limit, of course it might be considered as a hassle, but I think people who only want to spam or don't really have to submit something very meaningful, would give up on posting in the forum, unless they want to go through this procedure, the end result of this would be, that only the people who really want to submit their posts would go through this procedure, i.e. more meaningful posts, less spammers =O Sounds almost like the perfect cure.

Floetry~


Sorry = \ if this site required captcha for every post, I'd be out of here.
Posted 9/6/08

Jorlwind wrote:

Sorry = \ if this site required captcha for every post, I'd be out of here.


>.> I know that it is annoying, but you might eventually get used to it, and maybe if it was only limited to normal users? That means as soon as you would turn on "forum modding" you wouldn't have to fill out the field any more...I thought first that if this would only show up whenever someone wants to submit a post shorter than 15 characters, that this would be pretty cool...but then again..it's not hard to add those dots or spaces >.> so it would be the same as just having the 15 character limit alone. So, to make it effective it would be needed to be expanded to all users, no matter how long their post is..or maybe the "character" limit should be changed into "letter" limit...=O

Floetry~
364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / cee:dee:Ow
Offline
Posted 9/6/08
cool. that's was great. thanks shinji.
8493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / A Place Where Blu...
Offline
Posted 9/6/08
no new smileys TT^TT
8493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / A Place Where Blu...
Offline
Posted 9/6/08

I-Killerbee-I wrote:


Jorlwind wrote:
It's better than nothing. Most of the time, these people don't even quote. So I guess it helps there.


Notice: I don't want to crush your dream, but in the forum game section, the kids already realised that to play the 5 letter games they have to add a few dots, or spaces...>.> And that was found out very quickly...

<----------------- something like that would be a loooot more effective than the 15 character limit, of course it might be considered as a hassle, but I think people who only want to spam or don't really have to submit something very meaningful, would give up on posting in the forum, unless they want to go through this procedure, the end result of this would be, that only the people who really want to submit their posts would go through this procedure, i.e. more meaningful posts, less spammers =O Sounds almost like the perfect cure.

Floetry~

kilalareno wrote:

hey Shinji why cant i post forum they say i post too much forum*make forum*but i only make a little >.<


Woah?! You mean when you make a thread, it says that you are posting too many characters? Or when you are submitting a post in a thread? =O does that mean that you were posting too many posts at once, and CR considered it as spam? =O Why don't I know about this update? =O

Or did I just completely misunderstand what you said? Lol, jk. I guess you mean you can't post a post, because there is now a character limit, you have to type at least 15 characters so that you can submit your post. =O I could tell you how easy that works..or actually no, just read this whole thread, and you'll see

Floetry~


←dont agree it makes our time more waste
Posted 9/6/08 , edited 9/6/08

maechelle08 wrote:

no new smileys TT^TT



Not that hard to find a smiley website for forum smileys.

Just make a page in your profile, where you copy and paste the codes of the images of the smilies you like(like the one up there), and then simply whenever you want to use one of those smileys, keep this page open in a different tab, in edit form, and simply copy and paste the code into the forum post.

And well, you might not agree with my idea, I, personally don't see what's the big deal about it, but to each his own.

Floetry~
67047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Tatooine
Offline
Posted 9/6/08
Nice going! Keep'em coming please
Posted 9/6/08


@I-Killerbee-I : Thanks for your tip. I could play the word games again. I added spaces.

Posted 9/6/08

I-Killerbee-I wrote:


gurenwei01 wrote:

Nooo, shinji! The forum post thingy plss change it back! or can it b at least 10 characters not 15 plsss


Just add a few dots (........................) or keep on pressing the space bar for a second, simple as that. And you don't even have to full fill the character limit if you quote someone's post. So it's pretty much useless, the 15 character limit.

Floetry~


ooo...thanx alot! haha...hehe^^ thanx!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.