First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Are they two sects of the same religion?
27424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / known
Offline
Posted 11/30/07


iliass wrote:


Rob-B-hood wrote:

yea, bur christianity tends to be for white/black, islams usually for asians


CRAP dude, 40% of all muslims are Blacks....

And by the way, Islam and Christianity are 2 diffrents things, Islam is not a sect, its a religion that has always existed, Adam was also an muslim (peace be upon him).

Islam = Monotheism, Christianity = Polytheism.

In Judaism, they aknlowedge Islam as an Monotheistic Religion, and Christianity as an False Polytheistic religion, because of the Idol (Jesus), Jesus was an Human being, and making him an God is Polytheism, no doubt about that.



What the crap? You ignorant little person you! The Christian religion is monotheistic. Do you even know what those words mean? The Christian religion believes in ONE god with THREE personages. The One True God ring a bell?

Anyway, by historical fact, if Adam did live as he is said to have in the Qur’an and the Bible, he was not a Muslim because the Muslim religion did not exist in that time period. It evolved from Christianity and branched off to become it’s own religion long after the crucifixion of Christ.


you are right Adim wasn't Muslim or Christian he was only believe in god that there was no one only him
Posted 11/30/07
If God exists then there is one "correct" religion, and all the rest are wrong. The correct religion probably doesn't exist yet though.

As regards Islam and Christianity. They grew out of one another. I'd claim they're part of the same "religious group", but no where near part of the same religion.

It could not be claimed that Buddhism and Hinduism were different parts of the same religion, even though one grew out of the other.

I would, however claim that Christianity is a sect of Judaism which believes in the fulfilment of the first part of God's covenant.

There, that was my lovely, concise and major-ly oversimplified version of my opinions. I shall now be leaving this discussion and never returning. Ciao!
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

azrael910 wrote:


iliass wrote:


Rob-B-hood wrote:

yea, bur christianity tends to be for white/black, islams usually for asians


CRAP dude, 40% of all muslims are Blacks....

And by the way, Islam and Christianity are 2 diffrents things, Islam is not a sect, its a religion that has always existed, Adam was also an muslim (peace be upon him).

Islam = Monotheism, Christianity = Polytheism.

In Judaism, they aknlowedge Islam as an Monotheistic Religion, and Christianity as an False Polytheistic religion, because of the Idol (Jesus), Jesus was an Human being, and making him an God is Polytheism, no doubt about that.


I'm not terribly fond of christianity, but you sir are a moron.


LMAO.


Correction please, there is one sin that God cannot forgive and that is BLASPHEMY.


Yes, that’s my bad, I meant to put an -almost- before that anything. But, it’s blasphemy against the holy spirit, to be specific.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
Lol everything said here was quoted out of context. In fact this is your typical fox news and cnn view of
islam.

The quotes of the Qur’an may be out of context. I’ve never read the whole thing

That there enough should not get any muslim angry just ignore peace.
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
omg, The Bible is full of Story's made up by normal person's, nothing holy about that.

Muslims means someone who submits, Adam was an submitter, just like Jesus, so that make's them muslim. Christianity is polytheistic, just go and watch an catholic church, then you know enough, praying to idol's, praying to pictures of Jesus, (in the black church they prey to an black Jesus) OMG
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

iliass wrote:

omg, The Bible is full of Story's made up by normal person's, nothing holy about that.

Muslims means someone who submits, Adam was an submitter, just like Jesus, so that make's them muslim. Christianity is polytheistic, just go and watch an catholic church, then you know enough, praying to idol's, praying to pictures of Jesus, (in the black church they prey to an black Jesus) OMG


Dude plz stop spitting fire with fire gosh you are no different from them spitting these views. Read my previous post and just ignore.
716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / wherever i seem t...
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
in all actuality me being hindu and using it as an example have seen many many similarities in other religions. for example in the hindu religion we have a holy trinity of three gods, and in catholicism and christianity (the father, the son, and the holy ghost), and i believe in islam there is also a divine holy trinity. buddha was originally a hindu, hence the many similarities there and sikhs were originally hindus who didnt want to be hindu's any more, the gods are initially the same but different names. and hindus derive from another religion etc...
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

ikkakufan2007 wrote:

in all actuality me being hindu and using it as an example have seen many many similarities in other religions. for example in the hindu religion we have a holy trinity of three gods, and in catholicism and christianity (the father, the son, and the holy ghost), and i believe in islam there is also a divine holy trinity. buddha was originally a hindu, hence the many similarities there and sikhs were originally hindus who didnt want to be hindu's any more, the gods are initially the same but different names. and hindus derive from another religion etc...


In Islam there is no trinity! 1 God that has to be whorpsipped, PURE monotheism.

716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / wherever i seem t...
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
why are the islamic people posting here sounding so defensive and trying to make it so evident they are right? sounds little like scientology they way there going about things.

In Judaism, they aknlowedge Islam as an Monotheistic Religion, and Christianity as an False Polytheistic religion, because of the Idol (Jesus), Jesus was an Human being, and making him an God is Polytheism, no doubt about that.

the reason for that is because

A)the jews didnt believe jesus as their savior
b)the jews were in a peace agreement with the islamic people that also claimed the same holy land.
c)and their jews.
716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / wherever i seem t...
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

iliass wrote:


ikkakufan2007 wrote:

in all actuality me being hindu and using it as an example have seen many many similarities in other religions. for example in the hindu religion we have a holy trinity of three gods, and in catholicism and christianity (the father, the son, and the holy ghost), and i believe in islam there is also a divine holy trinity. buddha was originally a hindu, hence the many similarities there and sikhs were originally hindus who didnt want to be hindu's any more, the gods are initially the same but different names. and hindus derive from another religion etc...


In Islam there is no trinity! 1 God that has to be whorpsipped, PURE monotheism.



thats why i said i believe, wasnt too sure

mohammed, and allah? whats the difference?
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

ikkakufan2007 wrote:


iliass wrote:


ikkakufan2007 wrote:

in all actuality me being hindu and using it as an example have seen many many similarities in other religions. for example in the hindu religion we have a holy trinity of three gods, and in catholicism and christianity (the father, the son, and the holy ghost), and i believe in islam there is also a divine holy trinity. buddha was originally a hindu, hence the many similarities there and sikhs were originally hindus who didnt want to be hindu's any more, the gods are initially the same but different names. and hindus derive from another religion etc...


In Islam there is no trinity! 1 God that has to be whorpsipped, PURE monotheism.



thats why i said i believe, wasnt too sure

mohammed, and allah? whats the difference?


Mohammad = prophet
Allah = God in the arabic langauge.
716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / wherever i seem t...
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

drizza wrote:


ikkakufan2007 wrote:


iliass wrote:


ikkakufan2007 wrote:

in all actuality me being hindu and using it as an example have seen many many similarities in other religions. for example in the hindu religion we have a holy trinity of three gods, and in catholicism and christianity (the father, the son, and the holy ghost), and i believe in islam there is also a divine holy trinity. buddha was originally a hindu, hence the many similarities there and sikhs were originally hindus who didnt want to be hindu's any more, the gods are initially the same but different names. and hindus derive from another religion etc...


In Islam there is no trinity! 1 God that has to be whorpsipped, PURE monotheism.



thats why i said i believe, wasnt too sure

mohammed, and allah? whats the difference?


Mohammad = prophet
Allah = God in the arabic langauge.


but isnt mohammed revered?
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
Nope he was just a messenger of God who spread Gods teaching the same way the other prophets did before him. Islam was born when he was around thats all. Ask any muslim in the world if we look at prophet Mohammad as a God and I gaurentee you they will all say no. There is only one God and it is Allah(God).
28729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
^ Catholicism treads close to polytheism with it's system of saints, but the general theological consensus in the Christian Church is that god is a "trinitial being" That being that there is God the father, and his two aspects - God the Son, and God the holy spirit, all as one God.

If you are going to criticize a religion, as least know the backround a little bit : \ That being said though, "hate" for muslims is rather new in the global sense, with the "fundamentalism", but during medieval times the Muslim abode was the crown of the intellectual world.

But the only real place where Muslims and Christians originally disagreed was with "Jesus as the son of God," as the Muslims claim him as the 6th prophet, and not a messiah (though oddly enough, Jesus is still their final judge if I recall)

It's kinda crappy how they went around saying all the biblical figures were "Muslims" instead of "jews" O.o Kinda Poserish. Christians just viewed the old testament as mostly metaphorically, and that "Jesus fufilled all covenants and promises in the old testament"
716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / wherever i seem t...
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
^ yeah but just like most religions now a days, you believe it so hard that all others is wrong. but religion is something thats started and continues to fuel wars since the beginning of civilization.


drizza wrote:

Nope he was just a messenger of God who spread Gods teaching the same way the other prophets did before him. Islam was born when he was around thats all. Ask any muslim in the world if we look at prophet Mohammad as a God and I gaurentee you they will all say no. There is only one God and it is Allah(God).


so you say, all i have to say to you is prove to me allah is THE one god. and dont try to tell me stories out quotes out of the Qu'ran, i mean physical fact. i acknowledge your faith and its good you have it, but like i said no proof expect books written by man.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.