First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Are they two sects of the same religion?
35641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
muslims are called muslims because they believe in the unseen
or so i have heard
247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UAE
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
hmmm......the proplem is not with jesus nor any other (Prophet)..the proplem is with the holy books....like there is more than 3 bibles with some diffrent things written inside them yet there is only one Qur'an.

so can christians tell me which bible is the right one?


and yea tell me if i got a wrong idea about the bibles plx so i can understand more.
28856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Brooklyn, New York
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
kinda doesnt make sense but mostly does.. but it wasnt that good..
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

ikkakufan2007 wrote:

^ yeah but just like most religions now a days, you believe it so hard that all others is wrong. but religion is something thats started and continues to fuel wars since the beginning of civilization.


drizza wrote:

Nope he was just a messenger of God who spread Gods teaching the same way the other prophets did before him. Islam was born when he was around thats all. Ask any muslim in the world if we look at prophet Mohammad as a God and I gaurentee you they will all say no. There is only one God and it is Allah(God).


so you say, all i have to say to you is prove to me allah is THE one god. and dont try to tell me stories out quotes out of the Qu'ran, i mean physical fact. i acknowledge your faith and its good you have it, but like i said no proof expect books written by man.


Well lol I wont try to prove to you because you are comfortable with your religion so there is no need for me to prove anything. Your not lost and your intelligent and you dont need any help. The way I see at as long as you have a good charcter then thats all good for me I wont hate you because of your religion. The Holy Quran was revealed to the prophet Mohammad in the arabic langauge. The prophet Mohammad then recieted the Quran to scribes in arabic and the scribes wrote the Quran based on what was revealed to prophet of God. So to say it was completly thought up by man is completly false. But hey your not a muslim and I cant quote any stories so I dont expect you to believe me.. But I just had to give you a little info of how the Quran came to being.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

Keregg wrote:

hmmm......the proplem is not with jesus nor any other (Prophet)..the proplem is with the holy books....like there is more than 3 bibles with some diffrent things written inside them yet there is only one Qur'an.

so can christians tell me which bible is the right one?


and yea tell me if i got a wrong idea about the bibles plx so i can understand more.


What do you mean by 3 Bibles? you mean like the Holy Bible, the Apocrypha, and the book of Mormon? Honestly I only think the Holy Bible is the only real one. The rest are false imo.

6858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Pluto
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

drizza wrote:

Nope he was just a messenger of God who spread Gods teaching the same way the other prophets did before him. Islam was born when he was around thats all. Ask any muslim in the world if we look at prophet Mohammad as a God and I gaurentee you they will all say no. There is only one God and it is Allah(God).


He may not be viewed as high as Allah, but he is revered. That bit about the teacher and the teddy bear should have proven that.


By ALFRED de MONTESQUIOU, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 5 minutes ago

KHARTOUM, Sudan - A Sudanese court convicted a British teacher Thursday of insulting Islam for letting her students name a teddy bear Muhammad and sentenced her to 15 days in prison, avoiding a heavier punishment of 40 lashes. The teacher wept in court, insisting she never meant to offend.


The sentence and quick seven-hour trial were aimed at swiftly resolving the case, which had put Sudan's government in an embarrassing position — facing the anger of Britain on one side and potential trouble from powerful Islamic hard-liners on the other.

The defense said the case was sparked by a school secretary with a grudge. But it escalated as Muslim clerics sought to drum up public outrage against what it called a Western plot to insult Islam's Prophet Muhammad and demanding Gibbons be punished.

Officials were trying to tamp down public anger in the face of hard-line calls for protests after Muslim prayers Friday.

The government, which has often touted its Islamic credentials, encouraged past protests over cartoons seen as insulting the prophet published in European papers. But its moves now suggested it feared the case could hurt its reputation in the West.

The teacher, Gillian Gibbons, "was in tears" when she testified in court Thursday, a member of her defense team, Abdel-Khaliq Abdallah, told The Associated Press.

"She said that she never wanted to insult Islam" by allowing the children to name the stuffed toy Muhammad, a common name among Muslim men, the lawyer said, speaking outside the courtroom. Media were barred from the chamber.

Gibbons, 54, was found guilty of "insulting the faith of Muslims" and sentenced to 15 days in jail, followed by deportation, said Ali Mohammed Ajab, a human rights lawyer on the defense team. The charge is a lesser offense in the article of the criminal code under which she was tried, which includes several possible charges.

Prosecutors had pressed for conviction on a heavier charge under the same article — inciting religious hatred, which carries a punishment of up to 40 lashes, six months in prison and a fine.

A judge leaving the courtroom confirmed the verdict to reporters, but refused to give his name.

Britain said it was "extremely disappointed with the sentence." London had been conducting delicate diplomatic efforts to ensure she received no punishment for what it said was a "misunderstanding."

In London, British Foreign Secretary David Miliband summoned the Sudanese ambassador after the verdict and sentence. During the 45-minute meeting, Miliband "expressed in the strongest terms our concern at the continued detention of Gillian Gibbons," the Foreign Office said in a statement. Miliband also spoke on the phone with Sudan's acting foreign minister.

Gibbons' supporters in Khartoum were divided over the verdict. Ajab, a human rights lawyer on the defense team, called the ruling "very unfair," blaming "hard-liners trying to make some noise."

But the director of Gibbons' Unity High School, Robert Boulos, said the lawyers hired by the school would not appeal, noting she could have received a heavier sentence. He said Gibbons, jailed since Sunday, has already served five days in prison and would only have to serve 10 more.

The case began with a classroom project on animals in September at the private school, which has 750 students from elementary to high school levels, most from wealthy Sudanese Muslim families.

Gibbons had one of her 7-year-old students bring in a teddy bear, then asked the class to name it and they chose the name Muhammad.

Each student then took the teddy bear home to write a diary entry about it, and the entries were compiled into a book with the bear's picture on the cover, titled "My Name is Muhammad," Boulos said.

But an office assistant at the school, Sara Khawad, complained to the Ministry of Education that Gibbons had insulted the prophet. Khawad testified at Thursday's trial, chief defense lawyer Kamal Djizouri said.

Khawad "was doing this out of revenge against the administration," Djizouri said. He did not elaborate. But the director of the school's Parent-Teacher Association, Isam Abu Hasabu, claimed Khawad had argued with the principal before the incident.

Comparing the Prophet Muhammad — Islam's most revered figure — to an animal or a toy could be insulting to Muslims. But Boulos said that, contrary to earlier reports, no parents had complained.

"It's just a teddy bear," Boulos said.

However, influential Muslim hard-liners sought to raise outrage over the case. The semi-official Assembly of the Ulemas, or Islamic clerics, said Wednesday that Gibbon's action was "another ring in the circles of plotting against Islam."

They compared her action to the prophet cartoons run in European papers and to Salman Rushdie, the British author who was accused of blasphemy for his 1988 novel "The Satanic Verses." Iran's Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini issued a religious edict calling for Rushdie's death.

Some members of Gibbons' defense team reported receiving death threats. The school has been closed since her arrest for security reasons.

Wednesday night, a pickup truck drove through Khartoum calling for Sudanese to hold protests after Muslim prayers Friday.

But Maj. Gen. Abdeen al-Tahir of the Khartoum police, vowed security would prevent any protests. "Nothing will happen tomorrow," he said.

The government issued orders to clerics not to deliver inflammatory sermons Friday about the case or against foreigners, a senior government official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the government had also ordered officials not to discuss the case.

The north of Sudan bases its legal code on Islamic law, and President Omar al-Bashir often seeks to burnish his religious credentials, playing up to his hard-line supporters.

But in Gibbons' case, the government appeared reluctant to let hard-liners steer it into tensions with Britain and the West. Public pressure by Western governments over the Darfur conflict has eased recently, with a U.N.-African peacekeeping force preparing to deploy.


8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

iliass wrote:

omg, The Bible is full of Story's made up by normal person's, nothing holy about that.

Muslims means someone who submits, Adam was an submitter, just like Jesus, so that make's them muslim. Christianity is polytheistic, just go and watch an catholic church, then you know enough, praying to idol's, praying to pictures of Jesus, (in the black church they prey to an black Jesus) OMG


That's news to me, I've been attending Black churches all my life, and I've NEVER heard mentions of a black jesus, not once, it hasn't even been alluded to, that's just another black christian stereotype

Have you even set foot into a "Black Church"?

4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 11/30/07

abel89 wrote:


iliass wrote:

omg, The Bible is full of Story's made up by normal person's, nothing holy about that.

Muslims means someone who submits, Adam was an submitter, just like Jesus, so that make's them muslim. Christianity is polytheistic, just go and watch an catholic church, then you know enough, praying to idol's, praying to pictures of Jesus, (in the black church they prey to an black Jesus) OMG


That's news to me, I've been attending Black churches all my life, and I've NEVER heard mentions of a black jesus, not once, it hasn't even been alluded to, that's just another black christian stereotype

Have you even set foot into a "Black Church"?



I have lol my ex girlfriends church. I never heard of a black jesus myself.
6858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Pluto
Offline
Posted 11/30/07
You're right. It's unfair to apply radical viewpoints to the entire group. However, if you scale it back a bit, you'd still find some reverence for Muhammad.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/07
Wow, people don’t pay attention. I’m going to repeat myself a bit:

I do not in anyway claim that those out of text quotes reflect the Muslim religion in anyway except showing that it views itself separately from other religions such as the Christian and Jewish religions. I’m not using those quotes to say that Muslims hate Jews. As I understand they actually believe that Jews should be respected… I dunno, ask Drizz. I’m not saying they hate Christians. I’m saying they think of Christians as a separate people-because we are, in my opinion which is based off of the Socratic method and deductive thinking alike.


iliass wrote:

omg, The Bible is full of Story's made up by normal person's, nothing holy about that.

Muslims means someone who submits, Adam was an submitter, just like Jesus, so that make's them muslim. Christianity is polytheistic, just go and watch an catholic church, then you know enough, praying to idol's, praying to pictures of Jesus, (in the black church they prey to an black Jesus) OMG


You know, as a Christian it is automatically assumed I am ignorant because 90% of my fellow believers are ignorant; therefore, I have made sure to educate myself and break the stereotype. You should follow suit, because Muslims get it worse than Christians thanks to their less accepting views of the world.

Anyway, I submit to God. I’m not a Muslim. My dog submits to me. I’m fairly certain my dog is not a Muslim. Adam, if he did exist, was not a Muslim either. Adam was a character in a book, fictional or not, that existed before the Muslims came and rewrote the bible. He could not have been a Muslim because Muslims did not yet exist; moreover, Adam did not completely submit himself.

Submit:

yield to somebody: to give in to somebody’s authority, control, or demands
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

In other words, to view somebody as above you, and obey their commands. Adam was given one command and he did not follow it. He did not submit to God’s rule; therefore, he was not a Muslim.

The word Christian means Christ Like. However, the Christian view of Jesus Christ says that he was sinless and perfect. That’s something that no man across all the world can boast. You’re playing word games. That’s all. By your definition nobody is a Muslim and nobody is a Christian.


ikkakufan2007 wrote:

^ yeah but just like most religions now a days, you believe it so hard that all others is wrong. but religion is something thats started and continues to fuel wars since the beginning of civilization.


drizza wrote:

Nope he was just a messenger of God who spread Gods teaching the same way the other prophets did before him. Islam was born when he was around thats all. Ask any muslim in the world if we look at prophet Mohammad as a God and I gaurentee you they will all say no. There is only one God and it is Allah(God).


so you say, all i have to say to you is prove to me allah is THE one god. and dont try to tell me stories out quotes out of the Qu'ran, i mean physical fact. i acknowledge your faith and its good you have it, but like i said no proof expect books written by man.


Don’t be so childish. Just because something cannot be proven does not mean that it is not true.

Cogito ergo sum-I think, therefore, I am. Rene Descartes.

You cannot prove that I exist. I could be, for all you know, a figment of your little imagination. You cannot prove that I think like you, and am aware of myself as you are. For all you know, I am an organic machine driven by the same motivations that push a computer to operate.

However, I AM REAL! I am not something you made up. It cannot be proven, but it is so, rather you accept it or not. Several thousand years ago the world was still made up of atoms. There was absolutely no way to prove this, but it was and is true none the less.

So, by your own way of viewing the world, you are either: A. Somebody who doesn’t believe anybody but himself is human or has any worth, who thinks that people and animals are nonexistent or B. A hypocrite.
621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/1/07
Judaism, Christianity and Islam at the core are all Abrahamic religions, but they all disagree with each other in key areas. I'll give you some examples:

Judaism: They don't recognise both Jesus and Muhammad as prophets and are still waiting for the messiah.

Christianity: They believe in all prophets up to Jesus, but they believe him to be the Son of God. Christians are waiting for the return of Jesus.

Islam: They believe in all prophets including Jesus but don't see him as the Son of God but as a prophet. Muhammad is the final prophet. Muslims are also waiting for the return of Jesus.

6669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Faithfully in Mat...
Offline
Posted 12/1/07
Some topics are better left alone, i guess.
I would hf given a piece of my mind but i'm gonna get bombard so i better shut my gab.

Yea, i'm a Muslim.

Let's take care of our own asses and live life happily with our own faiths?
13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 12/1/07
"Religions are different roads converging to the same point. What does it matter that we take different roads so long as we reach the same goal? Wherein is the cause for quarreling?" --- Gandhi

713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/07
Christianity and Islam are not two sects of the same religion. However, if you're talking about Baptism and Catholicism, then you're really talking about two sects of the same religion.

The christians for most, do not even know who they worship, but have allowed many wolves to lead them astray into strange fire from the covenant they so claim to be adopted to. The covenant of Yahuah in which much of the observances Israel still keeps, but the christians for most have turned to strange fires. Then for most, Israel does not recognize who their messiah is, but the christians place much of their faith upon the messiah....although sadly, most profess only with their lips and not their heart.

Islam has no root in Yahuah's covenant. Islam is an old religion with some added spice, which are claims of relation-wise. All that they relate with Israel is their common incestor through Ishmael to Abraham. However upon religion and god, they serve two different ways and lord. The koran is it's own gospel, but it borrows select significant stories from the tanak and from the messianic testimony to become more believable in being a link off the covenant. In it's entirety, it promotes it's own god and ways.
713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/07

flippizzle wrote:

"Religions are different roads converging to the same point. What does it matter that we take different roads so long as we reach the same goal? Wherein is the cause for quarreling?" --- Gandhi



This quote from Gandhi falls true to a certain degree, being that, it refers to one path in whole of the two paths in life. In this particular path, it appears that there are many paths and at a certain time these paths will converges at the end and the goal is the same no matter which path you took. There is an illusion that makes one believe there are many paths, but in reality, they are all part of one broad path. No matter the path you take, you will reach the same goal. in this broad path.

There are two goals, two paths, two fates. There you have the broad path. The second path then is the narrow path. The narrow path is hidden within the broad path, yet they will never converge nor meet the same end. The narrow path is not easy to find nor to stay on. The end reward of these two paths are greatly different.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.