First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply The Bible is 100% truth!
Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/5/08 , edited 9/5/08
I know that we don't need factual information to believe in Jesus and the Bible but it's sooo cool when the Bible seems to be proved over and over again! For example! The Bible stated that the Earth was round hundreds...maybe thousands of years before Pythagoras even suggested that the Earth was sperical! CRAZY AWESOME STUFF!

The Bible is historically and scientifically accurate! Did you guys hear about chariots and horse hooves being found in the Red Sea? Or that Noah's ark has supposedly been found?

In the Old Testament, Job 26:7 explains that the earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon.

A literal translation of Job 26:10 is "He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end." A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22 - "the circle of the earth."

The Hebrew record is the oldest, because Job is one of the oldest books in the Bible. Historians generally [wrongly] credit the Greeks with being the first to suggest a spherical earth. In the sixth century B.C., Pythagoras suggested a spherical earth. [JSM]


http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml (Bible's accuracy)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/red_sea_crossing.htm (chariots in red sea and other interesting facts!)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/noah's_ark.htm (Noah's Ark)

What do you guys think? I know that many claim that all of these are false but who are we to judge unless we take a look for ourselves and judge with our own heads? Remember! As Christians it is our job to stay updated with things that go on in this world and to know how God is working in this world and also to keep an eye on how the enemy is working in this world.
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 9/6/08
Always use bible to interpret bible. Many times, you have to consider the context. The bible was written by many people, but remember that the entire 'make up' or arrangement was done by the Holy Spirit. And he is very concise in using terms and words for different purposes. The bible is a GREAT book, and if you can find someone to unveil with you the treasures within it will be best
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 9/7/08
hehe! I know, I love when archaeologists find things that prove the bible's authenticity. When Paul shipwrecked on malta, the anchors of that ship were supposedly found. It was awesome. There are also carvings near the suspected Mt. Sinai, where the Israelites made the golden calf and destroyed it. Wherever there's suposed to be something mentioned in the bible, it has, for the most part, been found. Now, certain things haven't been found yet (ark of the covenant, etc.) but I imagine it is only a matter of time until they are found.

By the way, the Ark of the Covenant on Earth was based on the one in heaven. It was in a vision by one of the prophets of the old testament. I have no idea where to look to find it. Basically, the ark was seen by one of the prophets in a vision of heaven.
Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/9/08
I agree...! I'm pretty sure that we'll find some lead on the ark of the covenant soon! People have been looking for the ark of the covenant for centuries but it definatly won't be found until it's God's perfect time....hmmm....makes me wonder lol~...
Posted 9/17/08

AburaiRukia wrote:

I know that we don't need factual information to believe in Jesus and the Bible but it's sooo cool when the Bible seems to be proved over and over again! For example! The Bible stated that the Earth was round hundreds...maybe thousands of years before Pythagoras even suggested that the Earth was sperical! CRAZY AWESOME STUFF!

The Bible is historically and scientifically accurate! Did you guys hear about chariots and horse hooves being found in the Red Sea? Or that Noah's ark has supposedly been found?

In the Old Testament, Job 26:7 explains that the earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon.

A literal translation of Job 26:10 is "He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end." A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22 - "the circle of the earth."

The Hebrew record is the oldest, because Job is one of the oldest books in the Bible. Historians generally [wrongly] credit the Greeks with being the first to suggest a spherical earth. In the sixth century B.C., Pythagoras suggested a spherical earth. [JSM]


http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml (Bible's accuracy)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/red_sea_crossing.htm (chariots in red sea and other interesting facts!)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/noah's_ark.htm (Noah's Ark)

What do you guys think? I know that many claim that all of these are false but who are we to judge unless we take a look for ourselves and judge with our own heads? Remember! As Christians it is our job to stay updated with things that go on in this world and to know how God is working in this world and also to keep an eye on how the enemy is working in this world.


Funny you should bring this up. Want to know an interesting (and true) fact? It was widely excepted that the earth was a sphere since thousands of years ago in ancient Egypt (thats 4000 years ago which is I believe a while before Job ever said it- but to be fair nobody knows who was really first to figure out the shape of the Earth), indeed the Greeks and Romans also knew the earth was round (ever seen that picture of the God Atlas holding the globe on his shoulders?) and many civilizations such as the Aztecs also discovered this for themselves.

The false Idea of a flat Earth is actually a recent one- it was introduced less than 400 years ago by the Christian church as an attempt to discredit science in the eyes of the people as more and more were starting to look for scientific explanations of how the world came to be which was causing the Christian church to lose power and influence. The only reason anybody ever thought the world was flat was thanks to deception by the power hungry church. This is completely true and you can look it up if you don't believe me.


(Btw I like how you deem unbelievers as 'enemies'- very christian of you indeed to take a line like that)
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 9/17/08 , edited 9/17/08

Stickmania wrote:


AburaiRukia wrote:

I know that we don't need factual information to believe in Jesus and the Bible but it's sooo cool when the Bible seems to be proved over and over again! For example! The Bible stated that the Earth was round hundreds...maybe thousands of years before Pythagoras even suggested that the Earth was sperical! CRAZY AWESOME STUFF!

The Bible is historically and scientifically accurate! Did you guys hear about chariots and horse hooves being found in the Red Sea? Or that Noah's ark has supposedly been found?

In the Old Testament, Job 26:7 explains that the earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon.

A literal translation of Job 26:10 is "He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end." A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22 - "the circle of the earth."

The Hebrew record is the oldest, because Job is one of the oldest books in the Bible. Historians generally [wrongly] credit the Greeks with being the first to suggest a spherical earth. In the sixth century B.C., Pythagoras suggested a spherical earth. [JSM]


http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml (Bible's accuracy)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/red_sea_crossing.htm (chariots in red sea and other interesting facts!)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/noah's_ark.htm (Noah's Ark)

What do you guys think? I know that many claim that all of these are false but who are we to judge unless we take a look for ourselves and judge with our own heads? Remember! As Christians it is our job to stay updated with things that go on in this world and to know how God is working in this world and also to keep an eye on how the enemy is working in this world.


Funny you should bring this up. Want to know an interesting (and true) fact? It was widely excepted that the earth was a sphere since thousands of years ago in ancient Egypt (thats 4000 years ago which is I believe a while before Job ever said it- but to be fair nobody knows who was really first to figure out the shape of the Earth), indeed the Greeks and Romans also knew the earth was round (ever seen that picture of the God Atlas holding the globe on his shoulders?) and many civilizations such as the Aztecs also discovered this for themselves.

The false Idea of a flat Earth is actually a recent one- it was introduced less than 400 years ago by the Christian church as an attempt to discredit science in the eyes of the people as more and more were starting to look for scientific explanations of how the world came to be which was causing the Christian church to lose power and influence. The only reason anybody ever thought the world was flat was thanks to deception by the power hungry church. This is completely true and you can look it up if you don't believe me.


(Btw I like how you deem unbelievers as 'enemies'- very christian of you indeed to take a line like that)


The CORRUPT Catholic Church, who had a bunch of people in it who sought worldly things instead of Godly things, if what you say about that church introducing the doctrine of a flat earth to be true, which I doubt. Post a reference showing the Catholic Church introduced the false idea, then I'll believe that. If they did introduce that, then they have more to be ashamed about, but many of us online are NOT Catholic. Their doctrine is flawed.

And unbelievers are not our enemies. The Bible says,

Ephesians 6:12

12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Posted 9/17/08 , edited 9/17/08

clearwateralchemist wrote:


Stickmania wrote:


AburaiRukia wrote:

I know that we don't need factual information to believe in Jesus and the Bible but it's sooo cool when the Bible seems to be proved over and over again! For example! The Bible stated that the Earth was round hundreds...maybe thousands of years before Pythagoras even suggested that the Earth was sperical! CRAZY AWESOME STUFF!

The Bible is historically and scientifically accurate! Did you guys hear about chariots and horse hooves being found in the Red Sea? Or that Noah's ark has supposedly been found?

In the Old Testament, Job 26:7 explains that the earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon.

A literal translation of Job 26:10 is "He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end." A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22 - "the circle of the earth."

The Hebrew record is the oldest, because Job is one of the oldest books in the Bible. Historians generally [wrongly] credit the Greeks with being the first to suggest a spherical earth. In the sixth century B.C., Pythagoras suggested a spherical earth. [JSM]


http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml (Bible's accuracy)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/red_sea_crossing.htm (chariots in red sea and other interesting facts!)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/noah's_ark.htm (Noah's Ark)

What do you guys think? I know that many claim that all of these are false but who are we to judge unless we take a look for ourselves and judge with our own heads? Remember! As Christians it is our job to stay updated with things that go on in this world and to know how God is working in this world and also to keep an eye on how the enemy is working in this world.


Funny you should bring this up. Want to know an interesting (and true) fact? It was widely excepted that the earth was a sphere since thousands of years ago in ancient Egypt (thats 4000 years ago which is I believe a while before Job ever said it- but to be fair nobody knows who was really first to figure out the shape of the Earth), indeed the Greeks and Romans also knew the earth was round (ever seen that picture of the God Atlas holding the globe on his shoulders?) and many civilizations such as the Aztecs also discovered this for themselves.

The false Idea of a flat Earth is actually a recent one- it was introduced less than 400 years ago by the Christian church as an attempt to discredit science in the eyes of the people as more and more were starting to look for scientific explanations of how the world came to be which was causing the Christian church to lose power and influence. The only reason anybody ever thought the world was flat was thanks to deception by the power hungry church. This is completely true and you can look it up if you don't believe me.


(Btw I like how you deem unbelievers as 'enemies'- very christian of you indeed to take a line like that)


The CORRUPT Catholic Church, who had a bunch of people in it who sought worldly things instead of Godly things, if what you say about that church introducing the doctrine of a flat earth to be true, which I doubt. Post a reference showing the Catholic Church introduced the false idea, then I'll believe that. If they did introduce that, then they have more to be ashamed about, but many of us online are NOT Catholic. Their doctrine is flawed.

And unbelievers are not our enemies. The Bible says,

Ephesians 6:12

12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.


Oh dear oh dear you really do jump to conclusions dont you. I have just finished quoting one of your other posts and I am amused to note that you say that Catholics are wrong yet in your previous post you didnt even seem to realise there were differing interpretations lol. Anyway get off your lazy backside and go and look it up for yourself as you are unlikely to believe me even if I do provide evidence (past experience) so research it and you will find its true. Incidentally I believe that the flat earth was actually used by the protestants just as much if not more so than the catholics did. (this is true for the English at least I cant claim to know about every protestant country) Also the protestants were just as corrupt as the catholics (still are for that matter), but once again go and research it rather than taking my word. And the thing about enemies should be directed at Abarairukia not me as I was quoting her. I'm sure you didnt meant to misinterpret what I said after all....
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 9/18/08
Denominations, not interpretations. Interpretations would probably be something like, interpreting a verse to be literal or figurative. Actually, I'm not disinclined to believe the Catholics brought that one up. Actually, that would sound like something they'd do. I just never heard about it. I may even look that one up later, and when I do (and if you're right) I'll admit it. I'm a fair person. The rest is just: generalizations, generalizations, generalizations galore. You don't do anything besides make generalizations and accusations. Protestants is a fairly general term. It can be split down into further Denominations (not interpretations). Anyway, you're right. Some denominations are just as corrupt as the Catholic Church, but not all denominations are as corrupt as the Catholic Church.

and about the enemies thing, I'm just talking about all the points the prosecution makes. Otherwise, it may be brought up later. Besides, AburaiRukia probably agrees with the Ephesians verse as well.

Oh no, I think I understand exactly what your saying. I hope you don't misinterpret me...
Member
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 9/18/08 , edited 9/18/08

AburaiRukia wrote:

I know that we don't need factual information to believe in Jesus and the Bible but it's sooo cool when the Bible seems to be proved over and over again! For example! The Bible stated that the Earth was round hundreds...maybe thousands of years before Pythagoras even suggested that the Earth was sperical! CRAZY AWESOME STUFF!
What? That is inaccurate. The bible says the Earth is flat-not round.


1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”

Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”

Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”

Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”

Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

The vault of heaven is a crucial concept. The word “firmament” appears in the King James version of the Old Testament 17 times, and in each case it is translated from the Hebrew word raqiya, which meant the visible vault of the sky. The word raqiya comes from riqqua, meaning “beaten out.” In ancient times, brass objects were either cast in the form required or beaten into shape on an anvil. A good craftsman could beat a lump of cast brass into a thin bowl. Thus, Elihu asks Job, “Can you beat out [raqa] the vault of the skies, as he does, hard as a mirror of cast metal (Job 37:18)?”

Elihu's question shows that the Hebrews considered the vault of heaven a solid, physical object. Such a large dome would be a tremendous feat of engineering. The Hebrews (and supposedly Yahweh Himself) considered it exactly that, and this point is hammered home by five scriptures, which I listed above.




The Bible is historically and scientifically accurate! Did you guys hear about chariots and horse hooves being found in the Red Sea? Or that Noah's ark has supposedly been found?
No, but I would like a link to data pertaining to this subject.





In the Old Testament, Job 26:7 explains that the earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon.

A literal translation of Job 26:10 is "He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end." A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22 - "the circle of the earth."
That is not what Isaiah is talking about. It is talking about all the parts of the Earth AS A CIRCLE, that is to say as a flat surface.




The Hebrew record is the oldest, because Job is one of the oldest books in the Bible. Historians generally [wrongly] credit the Greeks with being the first to suggest a spherical earth. In the sixth century B.C., Pythagoras suggested a spherical earth. [JSM]


http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml (Bible's accuracy)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/red_sea_crossing.htm (chariots in red sea and other interesting facts!)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/noah's_ark.htm (Noah's Ark)

What do you guys think? I know that many claim that all of these are false but who are we to judge unless we take a look for ourselves and judge with our own heads? Remember! As Christians it is our job to stay updated with things that go on in this world and to know how God is working in this world and also to keep an eye on how the enemy is working in this world.


I asked you for links above, because the ones you listed are not from reliable sources. A quick check on JSTOR and some other places suggests that the information contained in them is false. You need reliable, peer reviewed data, which comes from a non biased source.
Member
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 9/18/08

clearwateralchemist wrote:

Denominations, not interpretations. Interpretations would probably be something like, interpreting a verse to be literal or figurative. Actually, I'm not disinclined to believe the Catholics brought that one up. Actually, that would sound like something they'd do. I just never heard about it. I may even look that one up later, and when I do (and if you're right) I'll admit it. I'm a fair person. The rest is just: generalizations, generalizations, generalizations galore. You don't do anything besides make generalizations and accusations. Protestants is a fairly general term. It can be split down into further Denominations (not interpretations).
The reasons that there are denominations is that there are varying interpretations of the bible. If they all thought it meant the same thing there would be one denomination.

]

Member
1283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Everywhere you wa...
Offline
Posted 9/18/08 , edited 9/18/08

Faeleia wrote:

Always use bible to interpret bible. Many times, you have to consider the context. The bible was written by many people, but remember that the entire 'make up' or arrangement was done by the Holy Spirit. And he is very concise in using terms and words for different purposes. The bible is a GREAT book, and if you can find someone to unveil with you the treasures within it will be best :D


I'm fairly sure that was the early Catholic Church. They are the ones who decided what was cannon and what was not cannon.
Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/18/08
Haha you guys only show up when you think you can argue a point . I would love to respond but I'll be busy for a while with tests and a paper that I have due....college is a pain...gotta go study God bless!
Posted 9/21/08

AburaiRukia wrote:

Haha you guys only show up when you think you can argue a point . I would love to respond but I'll be busy for a while with tests and a paper that I have due....college is a pain...gotta go study God bless!


Well actually I feel I can ALWAYS argue a point if its got anything to do with religions because there is just so much wrong with them, but alas I simply haven't got time to post in every forum topic :P

However on this occasion I simply responded because I felt the need to correct your ignorance before you deluded anyone else, because what you said just wasn't historically true and was to be frank a load of crap. Incidentally something that just occurred to me while re-reading your previous post is that you have only mentioned references to circles and discs- both of which are descriptions of flat objects- not spherical ones. Meaning that your quotes can be taken as evidence that Job was a supporter of the flat earth theory XD
Moderator
3852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / southern california
Offline
Posted 9/22/08
Stick, as a moderator, and as a Christian, I am sickend by your response, you have been warned, you put another down and i will personally show u the door. You know I am always up for a debate or hell even to argue, but you do not attack. You attack another Christian in this forum and not only will God punish your ways on judgment day, but you will find another place to spread your filth.

The fact that a person may be wrong may be brought up, but watch your tongue.

Cryo
Posted 9/25/08
How about prophecies from the Old Testament that were fulfilled in the New Testament (ie prophecies of Christ as the Messiah)?

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/prophchr.html
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.