what is the name of your school?
4697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 9/6/08 , edited 9/6/08
i don't mind getting this deleted if you think that this is irrelevant or a duplicate

my school's name is uplb.. ~which actually stands for university of the philippines los banos
[up is a university in the philippines----obviously LOL ]


and err... did i post this in the right section?

and uhmm... if you're home schooled just type in home schooled~ or whatever you like LOL..

edit: will it be too much if i ask ...
do you like it? [referring to the school and not the name LOL]...

and will i go overboard if i ask another follow-up question... ---why?

~well, for me... i like my school... [half lying] [0_o]
because my teachers don't just teach their students how to do things right---they also teach us students how to do the right thing..
[but sometimes... they can get as far as brainwashing..:vicx: ]
LOL
Posted 9/6/08 , edited 9/6/08

h1e7l3i4a wrote:

i don't mind getting this deleted if you think that this is irrelevant or a duplicate

my school's name is uplb.. ~which actually stands for university of the philippines los banos
[up is a university in the philippines----obviously LOL ]


and err... did i post this in the right section?

and uhmm... if you're home schooled just type in home schooled~ or whatever you like LOL..

edit: will it be too much if i ask ...
do you like it? [referring to the school and not the name LOL]...

and will i go overboard if i ask another follow-up question... ---why?

~well, for me... i like my school... [half lying] [0_o]
because my teachers don't just teach their students how to do things right---they also teach us students how to do the right thing..
[but sometimes... they can get as far as brainwashing..:vicx: ]
LOL


Wrong section. Stalker thread. You do realise that the name of the school can be enough info for a stalker...to get near you? I don't want to sound paranoid...but seriously..school names tend to be rather "unique"..While I am almost 100% that you were not aware of the risk..

This sounds to me like an invitation for a stalker:" Hey come to my school <3 I am waiting for you to find me!"

Wrong section, stalker thread.

Reported~
Posted 9/6/08

I-Killerbee-I wrote:


h1e7l3i4a wrote:

i don't mind getting this deleted if you think that this is irrelevant or a duplicate

my school's name is uplb.. ~which actually stands for university of the philippines los banos
[up is a university in the philippines----obviously LOL ]


and err... did i post this in the right section?

and uhmm... if you're home schooled just type in home schooled~ or whatever you like LOL..

edit: will it be too much if i ask ...
do you like it? [referring to the school and not the name LOL]...

and will i go overboard if i ask another follow-up question... ---why?

~well, for me... i like my school... [half lying] [0_o]
because my teachers don't just teach their students how to do things right---they also teach us students how to do the right thing..
[but sometimes... they can get as far as brainwashing..:vicx: ]
LOL


Wrong section. Stalker thread. You do realise that the name of the school can be enough info for a stalker...to get near you? I don't want to sound paranoid...but seriously..school names tend to be rather "unique"..While I am almost 100% that you were not aware of the risk..

This sounds to me like an invitation for a stalker:" Hey come to my school <3 I am waiting for you to find me!"

Wrong section, stalker thread.

Reported~


Lol? Knowing the name of a school would cause somebody to drive to a place with 3 thousand people and find one person off the internet?
Posted 9/6/08

dmitsuki wrote:
Lol? Knowing the name of a school would cause somebody to drive to a place with 3 thousand people and find one person off the internet?


It's easy to find out who she is, just having her first name might be enough to find out who she is.. and maybe she has pictures of herself on her profile? =O oh my ...I don't think that all of the 3000 students/pupils look the same =O It's so easy to collect data about someone, all you need is to pay the right attention to your prey. :)

Floetry~
3564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC
Offline
Posted 9/6/08
obviously not a stalker thread, she lives all the way in philippines some thousand miles from the states
Posted 9/6/08

I-Killerbee-I wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:
Lol? Knowing the name of a school would cause somebody to drive to a place with 3 thousand people and find one person off the internet?


It's easy to find out who she is, just having her first name might be enough to find out who she is.. and maybe she has pictures of herself on her profile? =O oh my ...I don't think that all of the 3000 students/pupils look the same =O It's so easy to collect data about someone, all you need is to pay the right attention to your prey. :)

Floetry~


Having a first name means nothing. Honestly dude, if a person wanted to find out who she was that bad, like me for example, I could get her IP address, all of her personal information, and then go to her house. Giving the name of her school isn't going to do anything.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
51108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/6/08 , edited 9/6/08
there are a lot of Filipinos on CR though who could stalk her. I think this thread should be closed.
Posted 9/6/08

pinoyrave wrote:

obviously not a stalker thread, she lives all the way in philippines some thousand miles from the states


There are enough people from the Philippines on this website. Don't act so ignorant.


dmitsuki wrote:

Having a first name means nothing. Honestly dude, if a person wanted to find out who she was that bad, like me for example, I could get her IP address, all of her personal information, and then go to her house. Giving the name of her school isn't going to do anything.


You can't get her IP address directly via CR, unless you would get her to click a link, give you her mail, or any other kind of messenger...etc.

It's still a stalker thread. If not for her, then for someone else who would post their school name.

Your point is invalid. I don't see what is wrong with trying to help to prevent the existence of stalker threads. CR is filled with psychos, stalkers, pedos, especially since this website is mainly attracting children, thanks to the media that CR is providing. And the joke is that I am not even joking. We don't need to make it easier for the stalkers than it already is.
I don't see why we should support the existence of threads of stalkerish nature.

There is no point in arguing about it.

Floetry~
Posted 9/6/08

I-Killerbee-I wrote:


pinoyrave wrote:

obviously not a stalker thread, she lives all the way in philippines some thousand miles from the states


There are enough people from the Philippines on this website. Don't act so ignorant.


dmitsuki wrote:

Having a first name means nothing. Honestly dude, if a person wanted to find out who she was that bad, like me for example, I could get her IP address, all of her personal information, and then go to her house. Giving the name of her school isn't going to do anything.


You can't get her IP address directly via CR, unless you would get her to click a link, give you her mail, or any other kind of messenger...etc.

It's still a stalker thread. If not for her, then for someone else who would post their school name.

Your point is invalid. I don't see what is wrong with trying to help to prevent the existence of stalker threads. CR is filled with psychos, stalkers, pedos, especially since this website is mainly attracting children, thanks to the media that CR is providing. And the joke is that I am not even joking. We don't need to make it easier for the stalkers than it already is.
I don't see why we should support the existence of threads of stalkerish nature.

There is no point in arguing about it.

Floetry~


Dude, like I said, if I REALLY wanted to stalk her, I could easily get her IP address (things like that aren't that hard) and a ton of personal information. Simply saying "I go to -insert school here-" won't make much of a difference on anything. If that's the case, CR shouldn't let us know what city people live in and have photo's of them, because then I could easily go to said city and track them down.

Posted 9/6/08

dmitsuki wrote:
Dude, like I said, if I REALLY wanted to stalk her, I could easily get her IP address (things like that aren't that hard) and a ton of personal information. Simply saying "I go to -insert school here-" won't make much of a difference on anything. If that's the case, CR shouldn't let us know what city people live in and have photo's of them, because then I could easily go to said city and track them down.



Oh god...-_- is it so hard to comprehend? Knowing someone's city? Lol? And you compare that with knowing where someone is going to school? Uploading pictures? I don't see where CR would request from us to post pictures of OURSELVES! (btw location doesn't mean city....)

It is wrong to let such a thread exist as there are many ignorant naive children who would post the name of their school, and people would make use of that. We DON'T need to make it easier for stalkers, pedos, and other creeps.

Not every stalker knows how to retrieve someone's IP, or has the given abilities to make good use of computers.

Won't make much of a difference? Well, for you, but for someone else? Even if the difference is tiny. At least it will make it harder, even if it is just a little tiny %.

I am sorry, but that's too stupid. Your arguments ... lol..Either you get it or not.

I am done.

Floetry~
Posted 9/6/08
P. Nes secondary school
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 9/6/08
Ashford Academy!
28715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/6/08

h1e7l3i4a wrote:

i don't mind getting this deleted if you think that this is irrelevant or a duplicate

my school's name is uplb.. ~which actually stands for university of the philippines los banos
[up is a university in the philippines----obviously LOL ]


and err... did i post this in the right section?

and uhmm... if you're home schooled just type in home schooled~ or whatever you like LOL..

edit: will it be too much if i ask ...
do you like it? [referring to the school and not the name LOL]...

and will i go overboard if i ask another follow-up question... ---why?

~well, for me... i like my school... [half lying] [0_o]
because my teachers don't just teach their students how to do things right---they also teach us students how to do the right thing..
[but sometimes... they can get as far as brainwashing..:vicx: ]
LOL


This is a little personal.. I don't want to compromise anyone's safety. LOCKED.
You must be logged in to post.