First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Do we really value life?
805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 9/7/08 , edited 9/7/08

digs wrote:
You used to be a devout Christian, and I used to be an agnostic. I went from "Christian" to agnostic, to Christian. I was raised in a Christian home, and my parents faith was my faith simply because that is what I was taught. Later, I rejected my faith and got angry with God because life wasn't easy, and I thaught that is God was good that He would give me an easy care free life (which isn't the case) After a while, I was broken and got into some sins that were destroying me. In January of this year is when I got saved and actually started living for God.


I do not think you meet the definition of an Agnostic.

An Agnostic is a person who believes that the existence of God and spirituality cannot be proven or disproven, and that ultimately it is unknowable.

Being angry with God and then returning to God just makes you a person who doubted your original faith, then became a born-again Christian.

46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/7/08 , edited 9/7/08
^ Right on the money.

@digs
Read the rules of this section and stop getting off topic.
You are not a parrot, at least make the effort to paraphrase instead of playing the same old record over and over.

At risk of contradicting myself I leave this quote

“Wise men make proverbs but fools repeat them”
There is so much more to religion that mere repetition, please don't fall into that category of people who ossify their brains.

4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 9/7/08
i think we value life, but only the lives of people we know personally. thats why its so easy for leaders to send thousands of men to their deaths over unimportant things like insults, bloodlines, and other such crap men have fought over through the millennia.
Posted 9/8/08

digs wrote:
A human can't live a sinless life, but we can repent and turn from our sins. Sin binds, we can be set free. We don't know the Mind of God, but God has a purpose and plan for our life that He reveals. He revealed to me how I am to serve, and He is preparing me for that.


Ewwwww, what the f*cking holy Hell did you post? More than half of it seems like a copy and paste job.

Yeah, I definitely do realise that we can repent, my favourite repenter is the one who rapes his daughter, then pretends that nothing ever happened, and the next morning he goes to Church and asks for forgiveness,, and pretends to be holy and all that sh*t, he even knows whole verses by heart and reads the Bible like no one else, but once he's back home, he continues where he stopped, molesting his daughter.

You know, those who show off the most with the Bible the whole time, are those who actually are the worst. They pretend to Holy and everything on the outside, but are little f*cked pricks on the inside. But hey, to each his own, right?

Other than that, I don't get it...first you say that "We don't know the Mind of God" and then you say, "but God has a purpose and plan for our life that He reveals", do you realise what you just did? You just strongly contradicted yourself. Lol. First you claim that you don't know what God is thinking and what is going on in his mind, but right afterwards you claim to know that God has a purpose and plan for you guys. Did you smoke some crack? Like okay, I admit I am high atm, but even in my highest moments I never spoke such utter nonsense like you just did.

If you don't know someone's thoughts, i.e. you can't regularly talk to them, then you DON'T know if that person/being has a plan and purpose for your life. Get it? It's like trying to convince me that you see what is behind the wall. Can you look through walls? Woah, don't go all Superman on me /sarcasm



You must understand, I make God my everything because I love God. I am grateful for Salvation, and I want to live sinless life because I want to live according to how God wants me to live. Apart from God we are sinful humans, we have bodies, abilities, and free will. These are things that God has Given us. Technically we cannot do anything if it wasn't for God, but because God Gives us free will He allows us to do as we please while we are alive. God wants true love, and true love isn't a forced relationship. God desires love and worship from each person, and He gives us that choice. I choose to love and worship God (It doesn't make me perfect or any better then other people) not because I think God is going to make me rich or give me an easy life, but because I appreciate the Sacrifice that He made for me (Jesus Christ) and the fact that He loves me with perfect Agape Love. True, I want to go to heaven and be rewarded, but I do it out of love for God. I don't do it to earn heaven either, because heaven cannot be earned. By faith we repent, and by God's Grace we are saved.


Wow...

No. Just no, I mustn't understand anything if I don't want to. I honestly don't give a damn if you love some Thomas, or some fairy..that's really none of my business (obviously I am confusing love and love on purpose )
Secondly, who are you to tell me that living according to how God wants you to live is a sinless life? Who are you to decide whether something is sinless or sinful? Are you God, perhaps? No. Do you know what God thinks? No. etc.

After your viewpoint God created us, and it is thanks to him that we exist, live. Okay. I can live with that idea. Lol. But ffs, get over it, I don't think that God always needs nor does he want a recompensation for what he did...or is he not all loving and giving? You guys make God look like a child, who always wants a lollipop once it did it's homework, lol.
God created us, okay, get over it, it's not like his creation was perfect, flawed as we and this world are. *sigh*

Again you are claiming that you know what God wants. I find this definitely rude of your part. I wouldn't like the idea of someone putting words into my mouth the way you are doing it with God.

Kk, I don't have anything against your decision, do w/e pleases you.

Well, it is thanks to God that we are flawed, and it is thanks to him that everything turned out the way it did, so I don't think that Jesus Christ was a big sacrifice at all, judging by the mess God left behind then Jesus's sacrifice was a peanut.

Secondly, all I have to say, lies. Mere lies. You are saying that you want to go to heaven and get rewarded, but you are doing all the good deeds just out of love for God...as far as I know, the human mind is very tricky, and your actions are, if you want it or not, influenced by the cookie behind God, in this case the cookie represents Heaven and the reward.

Saying that Heaven can't be earned is BS, then why would you need to do good deeds to come to Heaven? Basically if we take your words, then there is no need to do good deeds as your afterlife destination has been already decided before you were even created. Lol


God does reveal Himself, and honestly He does not hide himself from me. God has done so many things in my life that I know are of Him. I could write a whole book on it (and if you want I can PM you a few things) God reveals Himself in creation. The fact is, is that this universe is physical, and all physical things have a beginning and require a creator. Matter did not create itself, and it is scientifically proven that it can't. God created the universe, set the scientific laws, and created life. Again though, God gives us free will, if He just appeared in full Glory and screamed (Here I Am) do you think we would be able to have our free will? If we physically saw God then wouldn't that be God forcing Himself on us? God wants faith, and if He did that then there would be no faith.
God has a will, but so does satan. Satan's will is to "Steal, Kill, and Destroy." Jhn 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. God wants us to be happy, He came so that we may be set free from bondage to sin and judgement. Sin also destroys and separates us from God. God loves us so much though that He came to earth in human form, and died the death that we deserve so that we, sinful imperfect beings, may be restored into a right relationship with God and fulfill our purpose. We cannot serve two masters. I have political views, but my political views are shaped by my God. Part of being a real Christian is dying to our sinful desires, and allowing God to take over our life. It isn't depressing and it isn't dull, it's the opposite, because we see directly how God works. Having a relationship with God is an thing.

God is patient with us, and loves us and gives us many chances. 2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

God's Kindness produces repentance. Rom 2:3 So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? Rom 2:4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? What God's Kindness is, is His Love. When we grasp how much God detests sin, and how much it Saddens Him, yet was willing to die a cruel and painful death, put up with mockery and ridicule, and then suffer total rejection from God the Father on our account. When we grasp how much God Loves us, we are moved to love Him, and repenting is also part of loving Him. Of course I want to share the Gospel, I want to give testimony from my own life, but I can't save anyone. I can only be a testimony, a witness. The Holy Spirit is what convicts our hearts and turns us to God, and the Holy Spirit is also what gives us life and encouragement.


Okay, you know what? I saw the verses in colours, and immediately stopped reading the latter bit of your post. What did I say? Try to formulate your opinions without the help of the Bible or any other religious scripts. Omg, and if that's impossible, then at least try to formulate the verses of the Bible with your OWN words. Am I in Bible class or what? I am NOT Christian, but you are pushing your Holy F*cking Annoying verses on me! The Bible is to me worthless as it is. People who have a brain will understand what I mean by "worthless". So, don't waste your time with copy pasting verses and other religious quotes.

I mean it is okay if you are Christian, but Jesus Christ, STOP forcefully pushing your belief on others, STOP involving your religion in everything, STOP trying to support your words with the words from an old Bible which was translated and edited an incredible amount of times, as this is just worthless blabber, at least for a rather rational thinking person like me. STOP spreading the words of God in every goddamn Forum post of yours, it's getting irritating and annoying. Want to know why? Because it makes you sound like one of this brainless sheep, who go completely Zombie, and are incapable of jumping out of their narrow-minded religious mind.
Believe it or not, religion is not everything, God is not everything, Jesus Christ is not everything. Yeah, to some people these are just mere empty words with no real meaning to them.

Keep your belief to yourself, and stop running around on the forum, shaking your Bible from the left to the right. It makes you look like a religious zealot, who has nothing better to do than annoying people.

Believe it or not, but some people take offence by your zealotish blabbering about how God is everything and if you are not a Christian than your life is BS theory. Even if you are trying to sound rather mild with your religious preaching, it's still very very noticeable.

I don't see every Monica and Zola go all "Buddha/Shiva/Zeus is Great, and being a worshipper of him is Great" in every thread they post...

Seriously, there is a limit to everything. And I, myself, am taking my leave from this thread, as I can't take any more of this verse copy paste BS as it is way too unhealthy to stay too long in this climate. Nice of you, but no thanks.

Floetry~

242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/8/08
Everyone values life, they just don't appreciate it.
6051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/9/08
who doesnt value life?
we all know that life is short.
we do not know what would happen the next moment.
but many a times, it takes an incident to jolt us to our senses and see life in a different light.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 9/9/08

I-Killerbee-I wrote:

[insert long-ass rant]




I know digs can be an annoying Bible-head sometimes, but that doesn't mean you have to go and attack his beliefs. Him using the Bible is no different that me using all of the crap I learned from school to back up my statements, even though I don't really know if everything I've learned is really true (which wouldn't surprise me considering how crappy my district is) and have never done any real independent research to make sure that it's accurate. Or, even worse, using generalizations (like how all Bible-heads are really closet-sinners) based on the experiences you've had with a few people and what you've seen in the media to back up your statements. You just have to trust that what you know is fact, so if all he knows is some overrated man-written book then that's what he's going to use.

Even if you are right, to him you're just another unsaved, non-Christian guy on the internet that he needs to pray for, and you're not going to change his mind. So typing all that was really a waste of time, unless you're just procrastinating. If so, then I need to learn how to rant like that so I can kill time more efficiently.

In case you didn't know, about half of the threads in ED are based on religion if you really want to yell at people for their beliefs.
18691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 9/9/08
I listen to the Bible everyday because i go to a christian school.I have to say i pity them for several reasons.

Ahwell,I think humans,yeah they dont value life.Some do,but most dont.But that's the way humanity is. (: unfortunately.
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 9/9/08

Kathie_ wrote:

Everyone values life, they just don't appreciate it.


something like that.
Posted 9/10/08
I've experienced a near death experience and traveled to many places of the world. Life and this Earth has a lot to offer and I would love to live as long as I possibly can to experience everything. You only get one shot at life so why not cherish it and live it to the fullest, I can't even put a value on life but I really appreciate being able to live a fortunate life of luxury, many people aren't as fortunate as me to live such a wonderful life but I've been through rough times too. They've only made me stronger and made me appreciate life even more. I'm not afraid of dying but I would do everything in my power to not die.
2411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Melbourne, Australia
Offline
Posted 9/10/08
we dnt value our life if we did we wuldnt be smoking doin drugs drinking achohol to kill our selves earlier. we dnt care bt long term..we just care bt what feels good now.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/10/08 , edited 9/10/08

RainAddict wrote:

we dnt value our life if we did we wuldnt be smoking doin drugs drinking achohol to kill our selves earlier. we dnt care bt long term..we just care bt what feels good now.


The point is not the length of life but the quality of it.
You may not drink or smoke but I bet you drive a car. A car is a machine that gives off toxic fumes and yet people use it because it improves our life since it saves time so we can to do other things.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/369169.stm
2411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Melbourne, Australia
Offline
Posted 9/10/08

mauz15 wrote:


RainAddict wrote:

we dnt value our life if we did we wuldnt be smoking doin drugs drinking achohol to kill our selves earlier. we dnt care bt long term..we just care bt what feels good now.


The point is not the length of life but the quality of it.
You may not drink or smoke but I bet you drive a car. A car is a machine that gives off toxic fumes and yet people use it because it improves our life since it saves time so we can to do other things.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/369169.stm


i know what a car is thanks
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/10/08

RainAddict wrote:


mauz15 wrote:


RainAddict wrote:

we dnt value our life if we did we wuldnt be smoking doin drugs drinking achohol to kill our selves earlier. we dnt care bt long term..we just care bt what feels good now.


The point is not the length of life but the quality of it.
You may not drink or smoke but I bet you drive a car. A car is a machine that gives off toxic fumes and yet people use it because it improves our life since it saves time so we can to do other things.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/369169.stm


i know what a car is thanks


I know what missing the entire point is, thanks to you.
Posted 9/10/08

RainAddict wrote:
i know what a car is thanks


Lol!! *wipes tears of that were caused due to too much laughing* omg..you made my day, I guess philosophy is only meant for a "few" people, and you are obviously not part of the "few".

Floetry~
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.