First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Reef Rescue Gala!
16324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bangalore,India
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

blablabla9876 wrote:

Kelly Who?????????


Kelly Hu!!!!!!!
4897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / South Africa - Ca...
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

Vikusha wrote:

hmm I think i don't have to participate I'm already in Cali. But i could support . You eat coral reef? OO poor fish its so pretty , now look its threatened by coral-reef-hunters. I have never tried colored fish, maybe i did?

Humans are foolish hunting animals and those animals might be the last one on the earth they killed. :unsure:
you know alot of fish species are disappearing thanks to fishers. A lot of them just thinking "Just fish and sell"
In my country for example, there is a small building that keeps small ones alive and when they are big they lay eggs and more of them born, then they let out the big ones out, and the small keep to let them grow up. Thats how they do so the species generation will still be alive. idk About Crimea maybe there are same.


actually the problem is not fishers... the average amount of fish a man can catch with his fishing rod (no crude jokes please) does little to deplete the fish reserves. the problem lies with trawlers who catch millions of fish at a time, all for the sake of selling it in the supermarket as tinned produce.

anyway, i cant be bothered to win a prize like that. I can't see how much fun you can have hanging out with someone thats probably gonna say like 10 words to you in front of the press.

nice cause though.
10640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California LA
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

ABalloon wrote:


Vikusha wrote:

hmm I think i don't have to participate I'm already in Cali. But i could support . You eat coral reef? OO poor fish its so pretty , now look its threatened by coral-reef-hunters. I have never tried colored fish, maybe i did?

Humans are foolish hunting animals and those animals might be the last one on the earth they killed. :unsure:
you know alot of fish species are disappearing thanks to fishers. A lot of them just thinking "Just fish and sell"
In my country for example, there is a small building that keeps small ones alive and when they are big they lay eggs and more of them born, then they let out the big ones out, and the small keep to let them grow up. Thats how they do so the species generation will still be alive. idk About Crimea maybe there are same.


actually the problem is not fishers... the average amount of fish a man can catch with his fishing rod (no crude jokes please) does little to deplete the fish reserves. the problem lies with trawlers who catch millions of fish at a time, all for the sake of selling it in the supermarket as tinned produce.

anyway, i cant be bothered to win a prize like that. I can't see how much fun you can have hanging out with someone thats probably gonna say like 10 words to you in front of the press.

nice cause though.


*at school* Well you are right but the problem is that they don't catch it with a wishing rod. They use ermm how that big thing called i forgot. well they catch more with that thing than with one rod. You can't imagine thousands of fish being catch in few mins. OO they use computer graphic soubds etc whatever methods they use in finding them as a big group. And i also can't see how much fun they can have. ahh have to go to class T_T

51966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / US
Offline
Posted 9/12/08
hm, coral reefs, huh?
190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 9/12/08
I eat coral reefs for breakfast. Om nom nom nom. No seriously, I would love to lend out a hand but sadly I cannot, good luck though.
38403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

h4x0rz wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

Kelly Who?????????


Kelly Hu!!!!!!!


Hu's on first
4897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / South Africa - Ca...
Offline
Posted 9/12/08


the big thing you forget the name of is what i said =] a trawler. thats what i was saying, the problem isnt fisher men but companies. anyway, this is off topic. if you want to discuss it further PM me or something. oh and the computer thing is sonar =]
24381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 9/12/08
Here's some pretend $10 000.
975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

shinji wrote:

hi guys,

some of my friends are sponsoring a contest to help support and protect coral reefs. the prize is a trip out to california to hang out with the actress kelly hu (she was in x-men 2, the scorpion king, and afro samurai)!! its easy to enter and a good cause so check it out if you're interested! i hope i win ^_^




lol , i hope i win
975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

h4x0rz wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

Kelly Who?????????


Kelly Hu!!!!!!!


LOL
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / in the light of a...
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

moratorium wrote:


kilalareno wrote:

O.o i am doing for project how to save dugong so i am busy ~_~


hahahaha thats seems......hahaha
---go dugongs?
writing a report on saving the seagrass beds from eutrophication, and somehow tie it to the US and japan wanting to build a milt. base on a reef in Henoko, in Nago prefecture, Okinawa.........so busy as well

it would possibly have been cool but alas i cannot go

and kelly hu shes familiar was she ever in any pepsi commercials?



lol sucks me too I WISH I could to my school is all about going green
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

rinyuzu wrote:


moratorium wrote:


kilalareno wrote:

O.o i am doing for project how to save dugong so i am busy ~_~


hahahaha thats seems......hahaha
---go dugongs?
writing a report on saving the seagrass beds from eutrophication, and somehow tie it to the US and japan wanting to build a milt. base on a reef in Henoko, in Nago prefecture, Okinawa.........so busy as well

it would possibly have been cool but alas i cannot go

and kelly hu shes familiar was she ever in any pepsi commercials?



lol sucks me too I WISH I could to my school is all about going green


arent we using HW as an excuse i know i am and i dont have any
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / in the light of a...
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

moratorium wrote:


rinyuzu wrote:


moratorium wrote:


kilalareno wrote:

O.o i am doing for project how to save dugong so i am busy ~_~


hahahaha thats seems......hahaha
---go dugongs?
writing a report on saving the seagrass beds from eutrophication, and somehow tie it to the US and japan wanting to build a milt. base on a reef in Henoko, in Nago prefecture, Okinawa.........so busy as well

it would possibly have been cool but alas i cannot go

and kelly hu shes familiar was she ever in any pepsi commercials?



lol sucks me too I WISH I could to my school is all about going green


arent we using HW as an excuse i know i am and i dont have any


no I'm just saying I cant plus I'm working on a project to save the reefs I live in MIA even though we dont have much reefs we try to save some coral rocks
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

rinyuzu wrote:


moratorium wrote:


rinyuzu wrote:


moratorium wrote:


kilalareno wrote:

O.o i am doing for project how to save dugong so i am busy ~_~


hahahaha thats seems......hahaha
---go dugongs?
writing a report on saving the seagrass beds from eutrophication, and somehow tie it to the US and japan wanting to build a milt. base on a reef in Henoko, in Nago prefecture, Okinawa.........so busy as well

it would possibly have been cool but alas i cannot go

and kelly hu shes familiar was she ever in any pepsi commercials?



lol sucks me too I WISH I could to my school is all about going green


arent we using HW as an excuse i know i am and i dont have any


no I'm just saying I cant plus I'm working on a project to save the reefs I live in MIA even though we dont have much reefs we try to save some coral rocks

oh mine was a joke to reply to the guy that commented above me, but what i typed is true apparently about the seagrass and the reef military ase thing
4194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Stalking you
Offline
Posted 9/12/08
X-x. I WOULD help, but i'm so friggen busy~~. I Support those who DO enter though!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.