First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Can you name all the Korean words you learned from watching Kdramas/Kmovies?
4277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/12/08
This is a spin-off from kawaiicute18's thread
"Can you name all the Japanese words you learned from watching Jdramas?"

Learning Japanese I think is easier compared to learning Korean...so please post some words you learned from watching kdramas/kmovies...

mine are:

ajussi - mister
oppa - common term used to call a man close to you, i am not exactly sure...
hyung - brother
kabang - bag
saranghae - i love you
oma - mom
9860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Living in the US...
Offline
Posted 9/12/08 , edited 9/12/08
there's also

Noona

a word for a younger boy/brother to call an older sister/woman
haha at least i think that's it. lol.


Sanbae

i heard from Witch Yoo Hee
i guess it means like your
senior or you senpai.


Choysahamnida

i believe this is sorry

kamsahamnida

i don't know what it is
but i can guess that it's
thank you
1915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 9/12/08 , edited 9/12/08
Ahjussi - mister
Ahjumma - old lady
Noona - older woman (males say this)
Onni - older woman (females say this, i think, hehe)
Hyung - older man (males say this)
Oppa - older man (females say this)
Saranghae - I love you.
Haengbok - happiness
juseyo - Can you?
Bang isseyo - Do you have a room available?
Komapsumnida - Thank you.
Annyong haseyo - Hello.

I know a few more, but I can't remember.
4277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

ifruit wrote:

Ahjussi - mister
Ahjumma - old lady
Noona - older woman (males say this)
Onni - older woman (females say this, i think, hehe)
Hyung - older man (males say this)
Oppa - older man (females say this)
Saranghae - I love you.
Haengbok - happiness
juseyo - Can you?
Bang isseyo - Do you have a room available?
Komapsumnida - Thank you.
Annyong haseyo - Hello.

I know a few more, but I can't remember.


i often hear saranghamnida --do you know what it is?
Posted 9/12/08

ifruit wrote:

Ahjussi - mister
Ahjumma - old lady
Noona - older woman (males say this)
Onni - older woman (females say this, i think, hehe)
Hyung - older man (males say this)
Oppa - older man (females say this)
Saranghae - I love you.
Haengbok - happiness
juseyo - Can you?
Bang isseyo - Do you have a room available?
Komapsumnida - Thank you.
Annyong haseyo - Hello.

I know a few more, but I can't remember.


yeah i know these.. and

sang saeng nim- teacher
haksaeng - student
jam kkhan- wait
YA- Oi
oeyo- why
603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / dine ga laang...
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

garcia_marina wrote:


ifruit wrote:

Ahjussi - mister
Ahjumma - old lady
Noona - older woman (males say this)
Onni - older woman (females say this, i think, hehe)
Hyung - older man (males say this)
Oppa - older man (females say this)
Saranghae - I love you.
Haengbok - happiness
juseyo - Can you?
Bang isseyo - Do you have a room available?
Komapsumnida - Thank you.
Annyong haseyo - Hello.

I know a few more, but I can't remember.


i often hear saranghamnida --do you know what it is?



saranghamnida is a formal way of saying "i love you"
or
saranghae
or
saranghaeyo

i am new in studying korean language and now i can write in hangeul....

korean language is very interesting!!!love it!!
Posted 9/12/08
only few like..(i'm not sure bout the spelling)

anyong haseyo
saranghaeyo
oppa
ajussi
ajumma
omma
appa
byane
noona
hyung


garcia_marina wrote:

i often hear saranghamnida --do you know what it is?


it's "i love you"
4277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

aprilfaye07 wrote:

only few like..(i'm not sure bout the spelling)

anyong haseyo
saranghaeyo
oppa
ajussi
ajumma
omma
appa
byane
noona
hyung


garcia_marina wrote:

i often hear saranghamnida --do you know what it is?


it's "i love you"


thanks..so it's the same as saranghae?
Posted 9/12/08

garcia_marina wrote:


aprilfaye07 wrote:


garcia_marina wrote:

i often hear saranghamnida --do you know what it is?


it's "i love you"


thanks..so it's the same as saranghae?


yeah...they have different variations of saying i love you like saranghamnida, saranghae, saranghaeyo...but it all means the same...
16042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / doraemon's pocket
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

garcia_marina wrote:

This is a spin-off from kawaiicute18's thread
"Can you name all the Japanese words you learned from watching Jdramas?"

Learning Japanese I think is easier compared to learning Korean...so please post some words you learned from watching kdramas/kmovies...

mine are:

ajussi - mister
oppa - common term used to call a man close to you, i am not exactly sure...
hyung - brother
kabang - bag
saranghae - i love you
oma - mom


oppa-brother(when a girl is the speaker)
annyonghi kasayo!-goodbye(the person staying is the speaker)
saranghamnida- i love you
mianhamnida-sorry
kamsahamnida-thank you
annyong haseyo!-good day
yoboseyo-hello
ttamune-because
wae-why
unnie-sister(girl is the speaker)
noona- sister(guy is speaker)
sajanggnim-boss


~sorry for the memory loss...
3876 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Lucena City, Phil...
Offline
Posted 9/12/08
nonsense.....................................

( no hard feelings! )
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 9/12/08
naerimun (name)imnida........
my name is (name)imnida.......
ex.
Naerimun (yuri)imnida......

603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / dine ga laang...
Offline
Posted 9/12/08 , edited 9/12/08
annyeong haseyo - hello
annyeong higaseyo - goodbye
bangapsumnida - nice meeting you
gomawo/gomapsumnida/kamsahamnida - thank you
na - i
nuh - you
omma - mother
appa - father
unni - sister (female speaker)
oppa - brother (female speaker)
noona - sister (male speaker)
hyung - brother (male speaker)
dong saeng - younger sibling (regardless of the speaker's gender)
harabuji - grandpa
halmuni - grandma
ahjussi - old man
ahjumma - old woman
imo - aunt
sam chon - uncle
saranghae/saranghaeyo/saranghamnida - iloveyou
bogoshipda - i miss you
mwo - what
waeyo - why
sun saeng nim - teacher
gyo soo nim - professor
sun bae nim - senior
sah jang nim - president (i.e. company)
haengbokhae - happy
pae goh pa - hungry
miane - sorry
jung mal/jjin jja - really
mola - i don't know
musunsuriya - what happened
gan da - i go
ga ja - lets go
kalkke/kabolkaeyo - ill go first
michutsu - are u crazy
araso/arata/algesumnida - i understand
na wa - outside
palli - faster
kwenchanayo - are u ok
moragu - what did u say
yogiyo - here
angurae - isnt it
ji be - home
chingu - friend
nam ja chingu - boyfriend
yeoja chingu - girlfriend
aein - lover
yobo - husband/wife
orenmanida - its been a long time
ottokae - how
otthae - how is it
gu rom/mullon - of course
ba bba - busy
kugon - that
igot - this
onje - when
hajima - dont
keuk jung hajima - dont worry
pi gon hae - tired
pyong won - hospital
ne/ye - yes
ani/anio - no
chulte andwe - never
pilipin - Philippines
ho ju - Australia
mi guk - America
wat ssuh - im here
butakhaeyo/chebal - please
jal ja ra - goodnight
jal ga - take care/see you
choahae - i like you
choa - good/fine
hana,dul,set - 1,2,3
beautiful - ilpyun
yeoboseyo - hello (on the phone)
ya! - hey
charaeso - good job
olmayeyo - how much
sinbal - shoes
juseyo - give
apayo - hurt
yaksok - promise
choshimae - be careful

these are the words that ive learned by watching korean dramas
i cant remember the others..
as of now...i can make a sentence in korean...
also...i can write in hangeul!!!!
hahah
1727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Qatar
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

garcia_marina wrote:


ifruit wrote:

Ahjussi - mister
Ahjumma - old lady
Noona - older woman (males say this)
Onni - older woman (females say this, i think, hehe)
Hyung - older man (males say this)
Oppa - older man (females say this)
Saranghae - I love you.
Haengbok - happiness
juseyo - Can you?
Bang isseyo - Do you have a room available?
Komapsumnida - Thank you.
Annyong haseyo - Hello.

I know a few more, but I can't remember.


i often hear saranghamnida --do you know what it is?


603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / dine ga laang...
Offline
Posted 9/12/08

airalih2001 wrote:

annyeong haseyo - hello
annyeong higaseyo - goodbye
bangapsumnida - nice meeting you
gomawo/gomapsumnida/kamsahamnida - thank you
na - i
nuh - you
omma - mother
appa - father
unni - sister (female speaker)
oppa - brother (female speaker)
noona - sister (male speaker)
hyung - brother (male speaker)
dong saeng - younger sibling (regardless of the speaker's gender)
harabuji - grandpa
halmuni - grandma
ahjussi - old man
ahjumma - old woman
imo - aunt
sam chon - uncle
saranghae/saranghaeyo/saranghamnida - iloveyou
bogoshipda - i miss you
mwo - what
waeyo - why
sun saeng nim - teacher
gyo soo nim - professor
sun bae nim - senior
sah jang nim - president (i.e. company)
haengbokhae - happy
pae goh pa - hungry
miane - sorry
jung mal/jjin jja - really
mola - i don't know
musunsuriya - what happened
gan da - i go
ga ja - lets go
kalkke/kabolkaeyo - ill go first
michutsu - are u crazy
araso/arata/algesumnida - i understand
na wa - outside
palli - faster
kwenchanayo - are u ok
moragu - what did u say
yogiyo - here
angurae - isnt it
ji be - home
chingu - friend
nam ja chingu - boyfriend
yeoja chingu - girlfriend
aein - lover
yobo - husband/wife
orenmanida - its been a long time
ottokae - how
otthae - how is it
gu rom/mullon - of course
ba bba - busy
kugon - that
igot - this
onje - when
hajima - dont
keuk jung hajima - dont worry
pi gon hae - tired
pyong won - hospital
ne/ye - yes
ani/anio - no
chulte andwe - never
pilipin - Philippines
ho ju - Australia
mi guk - America
wat ssuh - im here
butakhaeyo/chebal - please
jal ja ra - goodnight
jal ga - take care/see you
choahae - i like you
choa - good/fine
hana,dul,set - 1,2,3
beautiful - ilpyun
yeoboseyo - hello (on the phone)
ya! - hey
charaeso - good job
olmayeyo - how much
sinbal - shoes
juseyo - give
apayo - hurt
yaksok - promise
choshimae - be careful

these are the words that ive learned by watching korean dramas
i cant remember the others..
as of now...i can make a sentence in korean...
also...i can write in hangeul!!!!
hahah


additional... as i am watching korean drama now...i remember some of the words...kkkkk

opso - nothing
gunyang - just
gu rae - (oh..i see or really)
ma ja - you are right
masheekaeta - yummy/delicious
gu rae so - thats why
tthaemonae - because
je gum - now
irumi - name
irumi moya - whats ur name
na do - me too
kunde - but
wae gu rae - whats the matter
sashirun - actually
pi mi - secret
uri - us/our
a gi - baby
chorom - like
babo - fool

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.