First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Do you know about the legendary japanese girlband Speed?
3491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Belgium
Offline
Posted 11/19/08

ringo_seijin wrote:


willby wrote:


ringo_seijin wrote:


Kazeharu wrote:

Hm.. never heard of them.


maybe you're too young, that's why.
hahaha!


never heard of them either. And I amas "old" as you are


wahahaha... what makes you think i'm really 18 years old then?

Speed debuted in 1996 and disbanded in 2000.
so unless you're into J-pop during those 4 years, you'll most prob wont hear much about them.
but now they're back.
their single was ranked number 1 on some dl chart the very day it was released for paid downloading.
and it was ranked number 3 on oricon chart the first week (or day?) it was released.
subsequently it went to #2, and moved up and down within top 5 till now.


yeah you got a point there: as far as i know you could be a perverted 72-years old grandpa who pretends to be a 18-year old girl
1103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Himitsu
Offline
Posted 11/19/08
This week SPEED are in places #2 and #4 of CDJapan Top Sellers that was updated today.
Ashita no Sora #3 in Weekly ORICON (40,058 sold copies)

credit to speedisback.blogspot.com
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 11/19/08

willby wrote:


ringo_seijin wrote:


willby wrote:


ringo_seijin wrote:


Kazeharu wrote:

Hm.. never heard of them.


maybe you're too young, that's why.
hahaha!


never heard of them either. And I amas "old" as you are


wahahaha... what makes you think i'm really 18 years old then?

Speed debuted in 1996 and disbanded in 2000.
so unless you're into J-pop during those 4 years, you'll most prob wont hear much about them.
but now they're back.
their single was ranked number 1 on some dl chart the very day it was released for paid downloading.
and it was ranked number 3 on oricon chart the first week (or day?) it was released.
subsequently it went to #2, and moved up and down within top 5 till now.


yeah you got a point there: as far as i know you could be a perverted 72-years old grandpa who pretends to be a 18-year old girl


why 72? i prefer 80.
*sniggers*
and you like it or not, Speed was BIG in Japan during those 4 years.
i've always thought their total album sales in those 4 years was 20 million.
but as according to Music Station, it was over 30 millions.
and when they debuted, the youngest member was only a primary 6 kid. (what were you doing when you were a primary 6 kid, apart from studying?)
quoting Music Station, "Kotoshi Kiseki ga okita!"
1103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Himitsu
Offline
Posted 11/20/08
SPEED #5 in Avex Website Access Ranking


SPEED was in cover of last BEAT FREAK MAGAZINE, this is a free magazine issued by Avex.


and Speed is most probably going Utaban!
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 11/20/08
11.22 Fuji TV MUSIC FAIR 21 18:00~18:30
(Ashita no Sora+ Talk + Collaboration)

11.23 Fuji TV Shin Domoto Kyoudai  23:15~23:45(Talk + Live)


12.4 TBS Utaban 19:54~20:54
(Ashita no Sora + Talk)


whee!
1103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Himitsu
Offline
Posted 11/21/08
Ashita no Sora in Phile Web Ranking

SPEED CD+DVD takes #3 with 26.705 sold copies.


CD only version takes #14 with 9.093 sold copies this week.

3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 11/21/08

Speed on Mag Cover again!
11.22 in stores
1103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Himitsu
Offline
Posted 11/23/08
SPEED in FM J-WAVE

Taka-chan and Hitoe-chan are wearing matching glasses ne!

Ashita no Sora #2 in Recochoku Weekly Movie Ranking
1st Week: #2
2nd Week: #2
3rd Week #2

credits to speedisback.blogspot

and Speed did a medley (body and soul and white love) with Perfume, HALCALI AND Li'lB during Music Fair.
to me, it only proved one thing.
not anybody can sing Speed's songs. White Love was still fine. But Body and Soul
459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / wonderland
Offline
Posted 11/23/08

hime_chama wrote:

Ashita no Sora in Phile Web Ranking

SPEED CD+DVD takes #3 with 26.705 sold copies.


CD only version takes #14 with 9.093 sold copies this week.



wow! Leech of Gazette is on the chart too i'm so happy XD


heh heh heh back to the topic
i wonder how old are they
1103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Himitsu
Offline
Posted 11/23/08

nidome wrote:


hime_chama wrote:

Ashita no Sora in Phile Web Ranking

SPEED CD+DVD takes #3 with 26.705 sold copies.


CD only version takes #14 with 9.093 sold copies this week.



wow! Leech of Gazette is on the chart too i'm so happy XD


heh heh heh back to the topic
i wonder how old are they


Hiroko is 24
Eriko and Takako 25
Hitoe is 27.
i know 27 sounds kinda old to be in a girlband, but hey, they debuted at 1996.
it's been 12 years!
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 11/23/08
just wondering, do anybody know Perfume prior to their collaboration with Speed?
Posted 11/23/08
never heard of them...but i think its because i was too young back then
Posted 11/23/08
I was 3 years old when they debuted xD yeah, i dont know them....
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 11/24/08

swtlitogrlK wrote:

never heard of them...but i think its because i was too young back then





quynhie wrote:

I was 3 years old when they debuted xD yeah, i dont know them....


erm, are you girls referring to speed or perfume?
perfume debuted in 2001 after speed disbanded.
Posted 11/24/08

ringo_seijin wrote:


swtlitogrlK wrote:

never heard of them...but i think its because i was too young back then





quynhie wrote:

I was 3 years old when they debuted xD yeah, i dont know them....


erm, are you girls referring to speed or perfume?
perfume debuted in 2001 after speed disbanded.


im refering to Speed. Im know who Perfume is though, since they are still active which i dont think SPEED is..?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.