First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
The world, does it ignorantly stereotype religion?
1269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/3/07
Obviously this topic is about my biased comment in another topic regarding Islam and Christianity, although i do clearly remember saying IMO which, for those who don't know what that stand for, it means In My Opinion. It was an uncalled-for comment to say "blacks" and jews are looked down without thorough knowledge of the Bible and Quran, i usually observe the people belonging to the two religions and come up with what could be considered a biased theory. Don't get me wrong, i'm not apologizing in any way, I just thought i clear things up, since I'm being viewed as egoistical and atheist
4328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / for the love of g...
Offline
Posted 12/3/07
[Edit to above]: You're not being viewed as anything, although some people may disagree with your opinion. If you think that way about religion, it's your problem. Same with religious people and their views on atheism.


bestbacon wrote:

yes i do. infact i make fun of the borders that religion places around me. No sex before marriage? screw that. Whats wrong with enjoying the pleasure of sex with a partner? Girls and Guys who believe in religion are being molded into sexually inadept creatures who have no idea how to deal with a sexual relationship because they're bounded by chains of religion. I forgot to mention how it hinders guys and girls socially too.


you know, you can get out of a religion... It's a choice. I know plenty of islamic/jewish/christian people who are my age and are "enjoying the pleasure of sex with a partner". You do know that 70% of muslim people don't even apply their religion properly? Besides, disregarding religion, it's mostly discouraged everywhere to have sex before marriage. You can knock yourself out.



3362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / toronto
Offline
Posted 12/3/07
alot of ppl these days are sterotype
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 12/3/07
Seraph plz dude if you want a positive response from muslims would you plz stop misenterpreting Islam as if you know what you are talking about. If your not sure dont say it man because you wont get any postive feedback. I am saying this because I notice at every start of a religious thread you make you make a false statement about Islam each time expecting us to just ignore you and agree with it. Anything you say about muslims hating jews as if it is a major part of our religion can easily be debunked because the Qur'an doesnt support it. Sorry going offtopic just had to get that out.
611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 12/3/07
. . .
10033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Menzoberranzan
Offline
Posted 12/3/07
What sickens me more than anything are the idiots that prance around saying, "I'M ATHEIST!! LOOK AT ME WORLD!!! I'M CONTROVERSIAL LOLOLOLOLOL" And Idiots like bestbacon that just really want to break world-wide accepted norms, and back their claims up by hating on religion because they're too shortsighted and ignorant to see how retarded they sound.

If someone like azreal910, or maybe (although my hopes are slim) Trevor, could give me proof, or some sort of argument to work with, I would think better of the Atheist community than I do. But, sadly, in my little clam of a world I have yet to see (with the exception of the discovery channel) any Atheist with sufficient proof to make me question my religion. Just a bunch of dancing morons that expect for there hate on my ways to change me.

Edit to Below: you noticed, as well?
Jaeger Moderator
62256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The North
Offline
Posted 12/3/07

bestbacon wrote:

yes i do. infact i make fun of the borders that religion places around me. No sex before marriage? screw that. Whats wrong with enjoying the pleasure of sex with a partner? Girls and Guys who believe in religion are being molded into sexually inadept creatures who have no idea how to deal with a sexual relationship because they're bounded by chains of religion. I forgot to mention how it hinders guys and girls socially too.



I'm not for religion, but that was just completely stupid/ignorant/inbred.
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 12/3/07

Zeronite wrote:


bestbacon wrote:

yes i do. infact i make fun of the borders that religion places around me. No sex before marriage? screw that. Whats wrong with enjoying the pleasure of sex with a partner? Girls and Guys who believe in religion are being molded into sexually inadept creatures who have no idea how to deal with a sexual relationship because they're bounded by chains of religion. I forgot to mention how it hinders guys and girls socially too.



I'm not for religion, but that was just completely stupid/ignorant/inbred.


yeah, seriously, I've been in christian churches my entire life

And I abstain from sex simply because I'm paranoic and believe the chick would just slit my throat afterward
49717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 12/3/07
People tends to be stereotypical, even me.. sadly... =_=
276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/3/07
i won't agree with you there zeronite, but it's what i believe, who's to say an opinion is stupid/ignorant/inbred? An opinion has no wrong or right answer.

And to Realjudgement i think it was <- my apologies if i didn't correctly get your name, but the problem is that the believers who neglect or disobey their religon aren't considered true believers then. Or at least thats what my friend tells me.
3405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/3/07
Yes it does, and not just Christianity (though it does get the worst of it).
3036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / gR8 UK
Offline
Posted 1/12/08
i my opinion it does, u only get the representation of a religion through the negative extremist of any religion, though in some the positive extremist are shown in the media, im talkin about religious killings which are actualy due to local customs and culture-as far as i know-but in the media people like the pope are shown, though not as much.
so in genral any media coverage of a religion is mainly negative since thats wat gets the highest ratings therefore peoples view of the world is shaped by the media and have a stereotypical view of the world
remember this is only my opinion and is based on my current knowledge, so dont flame me
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / from east africa-...
Offline
Posted 1/12/08

drizza wrote:

Seraph plz dude if you want a positive response from muslims would you plz stop misenterpreting Islam as if you know what you are talking about. If your not sure dont say it man because you wont get any postive feedback. I am saying this because I notice at every start of a religious thread you make you make a false statement about Islam each time expecting us to just ignore you and agree with it. Anything you say about muslims hating jews as if it is a major part of our religion can easily be debunked because the Qur'an doesnt support it. Sorry going offtopic just had to get that out.


i agree, people think the worst of islam. especially this seraph guy here. he really needs to calm down with that

1028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/13/08
Stereotypes are made by up by angry/pissed off people. They're spread by ignorant hotheaded people, idiots (or uneducated people), or gossipers.

A lot of people just plainly except it because, it is easier than experiencing/finding the truth, or they trust the person who gives them the info. Or they're the above people.

So YES, the most people ignorantly stereotype religions.
16446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Meh...
Offline
Posted 1/19/08
I find the fact that there r wars coz of religion out there sickening... I don't believe in anything but I've gotta say this... religions r there 2 guide us through life... the existance of "GOD" is believed so that we would feel like someone's watching over and protecting us and listening to our prayers... have you seen a religious rule or commandment saying, "thou shall kill those who do not follow the same path as you" or "force others to believe in things that you believe in"??... Well, I certainly haven't!... no matter what we believe in, we're all human... religions are meant to be there for a good purpose... not for ignorance, stereotyping or racism...
...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.