First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
The world, does it ignorantly stereotype religion?
2052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / australia
Offline
Posted 1/19/08
ha blame wars on religion, if there wasn't religion these would still be war, humans would find something else to fight about. you would have to be stupid to believe that without religions there would be no wars
1706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/19/08
Of course they do. Religion, like race and ethnicity and nationalism, is another label. All labels come with stereotypes, without exception.

However, these stereotypes can be detrimental and bad. I get judged and stereotyped every time I tell someone, "oh, I'm Jewish." There's stereotypes that Jews are greedy, have big noses, curly dark hair, manipulative, and all sorts of other crap. It's the hateful lies that are the most harmful, not the stereotypes, though. You know, that we killed Christ, that we bake little gentile kids in our Passover matzo, that we have horns, that we're controlling the media, etc.
2052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / australia
Offline
Posted 1/19/08
and arnt you ment to be good accountants?
2412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / quivering in the...
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
Relion in its self is a neutral thing, it isnt alive and it is only what humans think it is. religous close minded zelots are one of the most dangous things in the world though, wars, witch hunts, discrimination, murder, genocide, gender restrants, thats just the begining. Religons are here to guide us in a good and positive way (open to inturpetation) but some people become so set in them they can only see differences and wrong-doing in others......people need to relize that most people follow the religon they were born into (i would probly be something very far off from cathlic if my family hadnt raised me as it) and in truth dont bother with other religons unless its to critase them. and 2) almost all religons have the same root message. even the old religons led to wars and such in the old days cuz the wrong people got to involved shall we say. in truth i find it sad that more people arnt pagan, i truthfully think the planet would be better off for it.
653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / Earth
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
Religion itself is stereotype. Thats all religion does days and night.
Posted 2/8/08
Same could be said about the believers...They stereotype quite a lot, too. Saying that people who don't believe in God are sinners, and well they stereotype about others morality view. I don't like that, but if you attack their religion they get slightly offended. I don't see what gives those believers the right to call others sinners. Just because they have a Holy book...doesn't give them the right to do so. Also it is really annoying when they start to preach about their religion and try to convert me. I don't need to join any sects to be happy. I can live without being a part of such a hypocritical organisation.
Also people tend to misuse the word "stereotype"...Just because a few people share the same opinion on a certain matter doesn't mean that they are stereotyping. And seriously, you can't blame the people for thinking that monotheistic religions are evil. This religions proved their evilness(or maybe I should say its side-effects on certain people, which did lead to crusades and other shite) through centuries...And some still do. Even if you are part of one of this sects, you can't deny this fact.
Anyways the fact that so many people are "stereotyping"(as you like to say) when it comes to religion, just shows that there must be something true about it. From nothing comes nothing, but if there is something, then there will come something. And as we all know, religions are very hypocritical and contradictive, which makes it easy to attack/criticise them.
And if you want to get rid off of this critics, then rewrite your Holy books, and get rid off its contradictive senseless shite. Then people will think twice before criticising your belief.^_~

Flo~
636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / F
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

aminasahra wrote:


drizza wrote:

Seraph plz dude if you want a positive response from muslims would you plz stop misenterpreting Islam as if you know what you are talking about. If your not sure dont say it man because you wont get any postive feedback. I am saying this because I notice at every start of a religious thread you make you make a false statement about Islam each time expecting us to just ignore you and agree with it. Anything you say about muslims hating jews as if it is a major part of our religion can easily be debunked because the Qur'an doesnt support it. Sorry going offtopic just had to get that out.


i agree, people think the worst of islam. especially this seraph guy here. he really needs to calm down with that



Oh come on. People dont think the worst about Islam, who says they do? The fact is, its the fastest growing religion on earth, and any amount of Islam-Bashing by the media, only makes it faster. We only hear "Islam = Terrorist!' and "Christians = Pedophiles!" in the News.

All religions are great. They say Peace is the best. Its people who abuse it who are the wrong ones, not religion.

3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / from east africa-...
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

hezakkkk wrote:


aminasahra wrote:


drizza wrote:

Seraph plz dude if you want a positive response from muslims would you plz stop misenterpreting Islam as if you know what you are talking about. If your not sure dont say it man because you wont get any postive feedback. I am saying this because I notice at every start of a religious thread you make you make a false statement about Islam each time expecting us to just ignore you and agree with it. Anything you say about muslims hating jews as if it is a major part of our religion can easily be debunked because the Qur'an doesnt support it. Sorry going offtopic just had to get that out.


i agree, people think the worst of islam. especially this seraph guy here. he really needs to calm down with that



Oh come on. People dont think the worst about Islam, who says they do? The fact is, its the fastest growing religion on earth, and any amount of Islam-Bashing by the media, only makes it faster. We only hear "Islam = Terrorist!' and "Christians = Pedophiles!" in the News.

All religions are great. They say Peace is the best. Its people who abuse it who are the wrong ones, not religion.



true, indeed.

Posted 2/8/08

hezakkkk wrote:


aminasahra wrote:


drizza wrote:

Seraph plz dude if you want a positive response from muslims would you plz stop misenterpreting Islam as if you know what you are talking about. If your not sure dont say it man because you wont get any postive feedback. I am saying this because I notice at every start of a religious thread you make you make a false statement about Islam each time expecting us to just ignore you and agree with it. Anything you say about muslims hating jews as if it is a major part of our religion can easily be debunked because the Qur'an doesnt support it. Sorry going offtopic just had to get that out.


i agree, people think the worst of islam. especially this seraph guy here. he really needs to calm down with that



Oh come on. People dont think the worst about Islam, who says they do? The fact is, its the fastest growing religion on earth, and any amount of Islam-Bashing by the media, only makes it faster. We only hear "Islam = Terrorist!' and "Christians = Pedophiles!" in the News.

All religions are great. They say Peace is the best. Its people who abuse it who are the wrong ones, not religion.



Children. I know it is hard to grasp reality's cruelty. BUT!! Not all religions are good.
As we know there are many contradictive verses in the Quran and the Bible. Stop lying to yourself.

Flo~
1682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
IGNORANTLY? Laughable, I think not, we've had 2000 years to see just how much damage christianity can cause. I can admire a person who does the right thing because its the right thing to do, not because theyre getting 'immortality' out of it. Im not speaking about all christians out there but if there is one who just wants to do the right thing regardless of rewards, ive yet to meet them.
And dont come back to me with shit about prejudice and ignorance because, technically, i am one. I learned all about it from school and church for years then i eventually realised it was a complete sack. Then there are the other ones ive met who just cant deal with the concept of kicking the bucket, which, is unfair of me to say is wrong but it is weakness, in all its ugliness.
Why cant people just do the right thing because its the right thing to do?
Posted 2/8/08

bruevitz wrote:

Stereotypes are made by up by angry/pissed off people. They're spread by ignorant hotheaded people, idiots (or uneducated people), or gossipers.

A lot of people just plainly except it because, it is easier than experiencing/finding the truth, or they trust the person who gives them the info. Or they're the above people.

So YES, the most people ignorantly stereotype religions.


Ever thought about the possibility that people have their own brain and mind to think? Gosh, now you are stereotyping, too. Hypocrite. It doesn't take a genius to notice the controversial lifestyle of believers. Seriously.
1682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
......Bruevitz. Exactly what truth have you found and how did u aquire it? Cos as far as i remember the only 'evidence' is a book. written by (forgive the pun) godknows who. According to the bible we should still be, not only attacking and raiding towns but killing all the males of that village and raping all women AND young girls.FACT. Look it up if u dont believe me. Hmmm, i think if there was a god he probably wouldnt write something like that in his legacy.
1028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

MenosGrande87 wrote:

......Bruevitz. Exactly what truth have you found and how did u aquire it? Cos as far as i remember the only 'evidence' is a book. written by (forgive the pun) godknows who. According to the bible we should still be, not only attacking and raiding towns but killing all the males of that village and raping all women AND young girls.FACT. Look it up if u dont believe me. Hmmm, i think if there was a god he probably wouldnt write something like that in his legacy.


Woot, I double posted.

Bible does not explain, it describes. And what are you talking about.

Anyway, there's a big difference between personal belief and general belief. And a very big difference between those and what the bible (any bible) says.

And with regards to Christianity, bible can be freely and openly interpreted. But one should be aware not cross the line of being a heretic (hahaha, can't believe I said that). So yes, religion requires no solid proof in order for it to be accepted, and salvation by faith (Christianity) needs only personal faith.

A misbehaved believer is a common thing. A misinformed believer is unfortunate. A misinfomed and misbehaved believer is troblesome. A group of those you called them a cult.

I hope you could read between the lines.
1028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/8/08

MidnightZorya wrote:

Ever thought about the possibility that people have their own brain and mind to think? Gosh, now you are stereotyping, too. Hypocrite. It doesn't take a genius to notice the controversial lifestyle of believers. Seriously.


Its a simple thing that your personal belief does not extend into forcing others into forcing others to accept it as their own. Being zealous is one thing but going to war is another.

A common person and even a lowly educated person understand what personal feud is, and won't necessirily (damn my spelling) call his/her brothers in arms/faith.

If one does not feel grieviously offended why the hate then? Stereotyping religion is a common thing but yet a very delicate matter. War didn't errupt by trivial things. Politics and power were the main reason, others (emotions) were the fuels.

In summary, what I'm trying to say is that: streotyping (whatever the subject is) is as common as a joke (and can be considered as one). Its nothing more than a conversational matter. But there is a big difference between a gossip and experience.
2455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / currently residin...
Offline
Posted 2/8/08
I know that a lot of people really dislike and have many stereotypes about religious people. But you have to understand that the majority of people that call themselves religious really arent religious at all. There are many that just preach or try to put up a front in the presence of others. Yet in real life maybe those that arent religious are probably better people. The thing is that religion is a hard thing to follow. But those people that call themselves christians are striving to be better people. Afterall Jesus came and died on the cross for everyone because we are all sinners and we arent perfect. If we were, then there wouldnt have been a reason for him to come and die for us. Something that many people dont realize is that those people that attend church are trying to become better people or more like Jesus, which should be everybodys goal. Sure there are people that go and sit there to feel better about themselves but there are many in there that actually care about their life and really want to be saved. Now isnt that much better than to just sit there and complain about how all everyone acts or doesnt act around you. I know that many people even use religion to do horrible things like terrorists attacks but those people arent religious at all. Religion is suppose to help you strive to fight against your weaknesses and to care about all those around you. Not to hurt others or to not care about others. Thats why its not fair to stereotype religious people because in everything like for example teachers, there are those that really want to be teachers and give it their all.. but there are also those that are just their because someone told them to do it or just because they didnt have anything else (I know random example).
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.