First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Will you join me to walk to heaven?
Posted 9/16/08 , edited 9/17/08
Let me restate what I was trying to say...Brothers and Sister weather you like it or not...Jesus will come and it will be quick...weather you are ready or not...join me in his worship of him...Because he is the doorway to heaven...only he can save us...becuase god love the world he gave his only begoted son to die on the cross for our sin, and for whosoever believe in him will have ever lasting life...I did not mean for real walk to the heaven gate...because ppl want to sound smart they find the flaws in other ppl...well you can do that just to make yourself feel better...I will tell you what I tried to help you but no i guess ppl will not listen this was no debate this was a notice to all of you weather you believe or not I am not trying to convert anyone merely letting you know...
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 9/16/08 , edited 9/16/08
Are you trying to convert nonbelievers?

You can't convert someone with faith alone. You need the ability to reason (with pure facts) why must they convert.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/16/08 , edited 9/16/08
I am a Christian too, but I'm not sure if this is the best way to share faith... First of all though, I think your theology may be a little... Unbiblical. We are never angels, nor does the Bible ever say that we will be. We cannot guide people to heaven, only God can. John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. You can't save anyone, I can't save anyone. The Holy Spirit is what convicts the hearts of people, and the Grace of God is what allows forgiveness. And forgiveness is only obtained through repentance of sins before Jesus Christ and acknowledging that He is the Son of God and will forgive you of your sins. As Christians, we are called to live Mat 5:13
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.14 “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.


As Christians we are called to be the "Salt and Light" of the world. What this means, is that we are to show the example of Jesus like a light. We are supposed to flavor the world through our actions and give God ALL the glory and not to ourselves. We cannot save someone, we cannot become an angel or open the gates of heaven. Only through the shed blood of Jesus can this happen. Through the Sacrifice of Jesus and Grace of the Father that is freely given to us that we do not deserve are we forgiven. Again, Christians cannot save someone, God does. We as Christians are called to be an example for Christ, to share our faith, and to be set apart from the world. We are called to pray for others, and to share our faith in peaceful ways. But most importantly, pray that the Holy Spirit would convict the hearts of those who are lost, and do your best to be an example and to be "Salt and Light."
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 9/16/08

St-Luke wrote:



omg, you do realize you are about to get spammed by atheists and other non-believers. Conversion doesn't happen like that and as much as I like your post, you still need a really good explaination. I would suggest a good start is in explaining the coexistant relationship concerning faith and reason. You're one of those non-denominationals aren't you.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/16/08
^ I am non-denominational. Being non-denominational does not mean we are without a church or theology. And it does not mean that we are crazy or against main stream Christianity. It just means we do not affiliate ourselves and our beliefs with one sole denomination, and we go to churches that are not affiliated with a denomination.
3498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Nowheresville, MI
Offline
Posted 9/16/08
Uhhhhh....No, dude. You're on your own. After 18 yrs. of forced indoctrination I've come to see religion as nothing more than a means of controling people.
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 9/16/08
Spam spam spam.
Posted 9/16/08
sorry but my penis is attached to the handrail go on wiffout me
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 9/16/08 , edited 9/16/08

St-Luke wrote:
Yes I know but i had to do it someone who will read this will notice it is their time to do what they have to do



Such dense logic. Always the "cup is 1/16 full" kind of guy. I love all Chrisitians but please use reasonable logic like the rest of us.

EDIT:
Be a man and quote within the topic rather than just pm me.
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 9/16/08

St-Luke wrote:
Be a man. Logic is something that the devil created just to let you know I show no means of showing any one up. Do you know that there was two trees in the graden of eden well one of life and the other of knowledge. God said not to eat the fruit of knowledge becasue of the evil it will create and still it was done. I just did because I was told to no body has more faith then me I walked in the valley with Jesus do you know why because of Faith not because it is Logic. God Bless


-Well it's called the tree of knowledge but that didn't mean it gave us logic. God already gave us logic AND free will. When the devil presented that eating from the tree of knowledge would be good he presented false information. Adam and Eve on their own free will accepted such logic as truth after processing it in their minds and therefore fall of man. We all make dumb decisions but it's not because of the devil, it's ourselves. Plus we are innocent to all new information, it takes faith to believe such logics we hear and it takes logic to have faith in the first place (otherwise faith would be unguided). If you keep blaming the devil about the evil things you do you'll never think that you have to fix yourself to avoid such evils.
-If you think logic is really that bad then do yourself a favor and drop out of school and if someone opposes you then always argue back with "because God said so" and "it's the devil's fault".
-use the damn quote system.
3996 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Tennessee
Offline
Posted 9/16/08 , edited 9/16/08

crunchypibb wrote:


St-Luke wrote:
Yes I know but i had to do it someone who will read this will notice it is their time to do what they have to do



Such dense logic. Always the "cup is 1/16 full" kind of guy. I love all Chrisitians but please use reasonable logic like the rest of us.

EDIT:
Be a man and quote within the topic rather than just pm me.


So basically what this guy is saying is
"God told me that I needed to go on a forum and recruit followers. Because that's how it's done."

It sounds to me like he is more self-worshipping than a real Christian himself. If that's not the case St-Luke, please try a more intelligent way to "inform" people. Isn't your thread in a sense showing you to be one of those False Prophets they talk about?
Posted 9/16/08
This is fun how ppl can go about their lives talking about how they know so much and yet they don't apply it to their lives. Wow that is what they were talking about when you talk about God and yet you don't apply it to their lives. That is serving two ppl Satan and God don't talk about it if you just are going to go not listen to it. Tonight I proved my point in many ways I was supposed to do this not by God word and because he told me But in fact that I know that ppl have nothing left. And what I mean is that ppl have the knowledge but they are not smart enough to use it. So tonight you should like about apply it to your lives this is a notice from me not from God to let you know that you are going the wrong way. I am sorry to say that ppl basicly make fun of God and yet they can sit their and teach about it. And just to let you know I am a Pastor at Free Will Church. I Preach and am in all knowing what I talk about. I am in fact right in what I say so if there is anything esle you want to say go ahead. I it will not matter becasue the fact is that ppl cannot teach if they do not do it themself. God Bless and goodnite
1213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/16/08 , edited 9/16/08

St-Luke wrote:

This is fun how ppl can go about their lives talking about how they know so much and yet they don't apply it to their lives. Wow that is what they were talking about when you talk about God and yet you don't apply it to their lives. That is serving two ppl Satan and God don't talk about it if you just are going to go not listen to it. Tonight I proved my point in many ways I was supposed to do this not by God word and because he told me But in fact that I know that ppl have nothing left. And what I mean is that ppl have the knowledge but they are not smart enough to use it. So tonight you should like about apply it to your lives this is a notice from me not from God to let you know that you are going the wrong way. I am sorry to say that ppl basicly make fun of God and yet they can sit their and teach about it. And just to let you know I am a Pastor at Free Will Church. I Preach and am in all knowing what I talk about. I am in fact right in what I say so if there is anything esle you want to say go ahead. I it will not matter becasue the fact is that ppl cannot teach if they do not do it themself. God Bless and goodnite


IT'S OKAY, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE LIKE "US"
Posted 9/16/08

piratecake wrote:


St-Luke wrote:

This is fun how ppl can go about their lives talking about how they know so much and yet they don't apply it to their lives. Wow that is what they were talking about when you talk about God and yet you don't apply it to their lives. That is serving two ppl Satan and God don't talk about it if you just are going to go not listen to it. Tonight I proved my point in many ways I was supposed to do this not by God word and because he told me But in fact that I know that ppl have nothing left. And what I mean is that ppl have the knowledge but they are not smart enough to use it. So tonight you should like about apply it to your lives this is a notice from me not from God to let you know that you are going the wrong way. I am sorry to say that ppl basicly make fun of God and yet they can sit their and teach about it. And just to let you know I am a Pastor at Free Will Church. I Preach and am in all knowing what I talk about. I am in fact right in what I say so if there is anything esle you want to say go ahead. I it will not matter becasue the fact is that ppl cannot teach if they do not do it themself. God Bless and goodnite


IT'S OKAY, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE LIKE "US"


What do you mean "us" we are all the same
6717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Earth
Offline
Posted 9/16/08
A preacher who preaches gospel without overcoming his flaws is ineffective. A preacher who can't see the absurdity of his argument yet pushes his belief to another person is mere stupidity. A preacher who cannot use logic yet always uses the word "god" to make his words look so valid is worse than a Atheist he is preaching on (in a Christian perspective). I know, for one, that most Christians and Theologists will disagree with that preacher because his argument is full of flaws. Putting one's self with only mere faith yet tries to obtrude his opinion to another is foolish. Even "god" won't allow it. The message of conversion must be polite and its sound and validity must be strong also. If not, it will be just like a sand castle in a beach being washed by wave (irony?). No one will believe it and that preacher will realize one day that he is just being bigoted by his belief.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.