First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
can u tell the difference between asian?
13914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 9/19/08

h1e7l3i4a wrote:

i can't really tell
unless they speak that is...
the easiest to differentiate are the koreans..
because they sort of have a different "white" skin color..
[i'm not saying that the other ones aren't white... what i'm trying to say is... they have a different whiteness~sorda close to porcelain white]
the mainlanders and the taiwanese don't really differ in appearance much
while the japanese have a very unique face shape..

or is it just me?


Nah its not juz u...

I got some Korean classmates and i can confidently say out their race cause of their skin colour.
It's different from the normal fair skin... but i gotta admit, i find Japanese ppl more sexy haha!!
588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 9/19/08
by language and names some time just by look but Chinese can look like Japanese and korean
Posted 9/19/08
when given the name it would be easier, but not really just by appereance
1122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / SoMewhEre out tHe...
Offline
Posted 9/19/08 , edited 9/19/08
It's simple: listen to their language or read their names or writings (if you see them wearing IDs)...

Note: Not all Asians look like Japanese, Chinese, or Koreans (fair skin and slitted eyes). Don't ever based Asians on these characterestics. There are Asians who look like they are from Europe such as Asians who lived in Turkey, Georgia, Kazaksthan (central and northern region of ASIA). Another example is Asians who lived in Middle East, India and Philippines. Some of them look like Latinas or Español.

Word of advice: Don't tell an Asian that he/she looks nothing like an Asian because of his/her looks. Maybe some receives this as compliment but majority (to tell you frankly) feels that you insulted them.

Fact: Many beautiful women can be found in Asia than the other continents of this world. Thanks to the colonization of different western countries....
1122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / SoMewhEre out tHe...
Offline
Posted 9/19/08 , edited 9/19/08

switchfoot25 wrote:

their eyes......makes the difference.....


Why do you say that? i mean, like westerners, Asians have different eye colors and shapes....there are Asians who have blue, green or combination of both.
1122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / SoMewhEre out tHe...
Offline
Posted 9/19/08

krissyang wrote:

Most of the time, yes. And if they speak, I can definitely tell.

Actually it's not unusual for most people to be unable to tell asians apart. In fact, some asians also can't tell the difference too. I'm a singaporean chinese but have been mistaken as a japanese even by japanese people...


But definitely you are Asian....
Posted 9/19/08
i can tell if they r japanese just by looking at them . about thai, chinese and korean people :i have 2 hear them talk first
Posted 9/19/08
not really, you can't tell european people apart neither too so it's the same?
326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 9/19/08
It is quite easy to tell apart a japanese and a korean! Because most japanese have bunny teeth if u all have noticed.
47470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Birmingham
Offline
Posted 9/19/08

twilight_rockz wrote:

korean actors/males are very ching ching xD


Umm, what? Lol.
Anyway, yes I can, most of the time on appearance, if not, definetely by the language (or sometimes even by their accent), as I am able to tell them apart.
4196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/19/08

krissyang wrote:

Most of the time, yes. And if they speak, I can definitely tell.

Actually it's not unusual for most people to be unable to tell asians apart. In fact, some asians also can't tell the difference too. I'm a singaporean chinese but have been mistaken as a japanese even by japanese people...


same here, i can tell most the time
1915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 9/19/08
From looks, You can definitely tell Filipinos apart from Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese. I can't tell Filipinos are if compared to Thai, though.
I can tell Japanese a little bit from looks.

If I they start talking, or even if I know their name, I can definitely tell them apart.
Unless they've got a weird name like me, or can't speak the language, then I can't tell. A lot of people can't tell that I'm Filipino. They always think I'm Korean or Chinese. When I was at a Chinese restaurant, the waitress asked if I could speak Chinese. They didn't ask the rest of my family, just me.
826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / U.S.
Offline
Posted 9/19/08 , edited 9/19/08

Xhao4ver wrote:

I can tell the difference of so many Asian races. Though it may sound offending but I can tell through the eyes whether one is Japanese, Chinese or Korean ( this is just my subjective assessment and never will be objective or so to speak)....But it takes me a lot of time in distinguishing some features of the people of the my country's neighbors.....(Indonesians, Malaysians, Cambodians, Thais)


I can by their names, and looks a lot of times. I agree, the eyes tend to be an easier way to tell. All countries have distinctive features, and with Asian countries I do think the eyes say it all. Also the language, because I watch so many dramas, I can pick up their identity quicker through their language as well.

Wanted to add that I can only identify Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, Thai, and Vietnam nationalities. All the others are much harder for me.
278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 9/19/08
yeah..i can tell celebrity wise ..not exactly just by like there names or language they speak..i guess by their look-ish but normal / common / everyday asian people i cant tell at all
1575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / BrisneyLand
Offline
Posted 9/19/08
Yep, I can tell most asians apart by their appearance and especially if their talking.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.