First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
How long will you watch or be a fan of anime?
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
I don't know. I've had old hobbies that I used to be obsessed with that I don't really care about in the least anymore. I'd like to think that I'll keep watching anime, but honestly one never knows.

As Shakespeare said, "We know what we are, but not what we may be."

I suspect I'll continue watching anime for quite a long time. The only thing I could see changing that is a relationship (or *gasp* marriage). It's unlikely that a non-geek girl would get involved with me, but you never know. I suspect when a family enters the picture I'll prefer to spend my time with them as to watching anime, at least to the degree that I do now. But I don't think I'll ever stop enjoying anime, at least not for a very long time.
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
maybe two episodes at a time.
I will prob stop at late twenties. IF you notice no one on here is pass thirty so that is prob a sign that you wont come on much after thirty.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 12/2/06

quater wrote:

maybe two episodes at a time.
I will prob stop at late twenties. IF you notice no one on here is pass thirty so that is prob a sign that you wont come on much after thirty.


Actually, I think the reason you don't see too many anime geeks in their thirties is that anime hasn't been popular long enough in the US have a fanbase that old. Anime didn't wasn't even really known outside of a VERY small subculutre till the mid to late 80s. There are a few old farts running around, but they're rare.

Take for example western comics, DnD, or fantasy literature. Plenty of fans well into their 30s, 40s, even 50s. Thats because those fandoms have been around long enough to have fans that old. Interestingly, western comics for example, don't have as many younger fans as older fans since interest has been decreasing though the old fans have stayed dedicated enough to (barely) keep them in business.
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/2/06

azrael910 wrote:


quater wrote:

maybe two episodes at a time.
I will prob stop at late twenties. IF you notice no one on here is pass thirty so that is prob a sign that you wont come on much after thirty.


Actually, I think the reason you don't see too many anime geeks in their thirties is that anime hasn't been popular long enough in the US have a fanbase that old. Anime didn't wasn't even really known outside of a VERY small subculutre till the mid to late 80s. There are a few old farts running around, but they're rare.

Take for example western comics, DnD, or fantasy literature. Plenty of fans well into their 30s, 40s, even 50s. Thats because those fandoms have been around long enough to have fans that old. Interestingly, western comics for example, don't have as many younger fans as older fans since interest has been decreasing though the old fans have stayed dedicated enough to (barely) keep them in business.


I guess you could be right but eventually I am sure if a twenty year old got hooked to anime back in earlier anime days then where did they all go. IDK but it seems weird.

7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 12/2/06

quater wrote:

I guess you could be right but eventually I am sure if a twenty year old got hooked to anime back in earlier anime days then where did they all go. IDK but it seems weird.



They're still around, but you don't see them often. You seem them at cons a decent bit, and they lurk in comic book shops alot. Typically they rarely view themselves as exclusively anime fans, as that they are into other geek stuff (i.e. DnD) before they got hooked on anime. The more you see of the american anime fan subculture you'll start to see where they've been "hiding" all these years.
304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / your face
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
i'l just watch anime tell i die. like what most people here said mate.
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / rosemead
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
i will stop watchin anime when the us takes over anime or when all animes suck
7155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / too boring
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
When I become a father. It will be embarassing if I watch cartoons with my children. I wonder what my future wife would say.
tlm
20995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
i can see it now....my bony corps buried in the ground with a tv playing the series Ghost in the Shell...
12950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / does it really ma...
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
probably when i have no time and i forget about anime.... or when i find all anime boring and it has no message....
11659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
I've been watching for 14 years, I don't think anime will ever lose any of its aims to convey a meaningful message, however Americanization may prove otherwise.
25130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / My room
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
ummm......... lets say in summer i watch 10 to 12 hours and in school i watch from 3pm to 8pm go to sleep at 9pm and watch it form 10 to 11 on my ibook wit out my mom or dad knoing....§o lets say i am in lov wit anime
1779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / India
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
hey do u know where i can find gakuen alice ep. 17 in english ?
9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
I will get my fellow otaku at the rest home when I'm 99 and we can drink prune juice and have hot nurses read the SUBs for us. I can't wait!
6326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hogwarts
Offline
Posted 12/2/06
when i have time, i watch as many episodes as i can so i can start a new anime to watch, i even have anime marathon all day.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.