First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Weekly Manga Sunday
Creator
24806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/20/08 , edited 2/21/09
Welcome to "Weekly Manga Sunday." This topic was created for people who love to kick back and read, as well share their most precious manga title treasure with us or they deserve some attention. Hopefully as time goes on, this will become a place where people gather to talk about the "Weekly Manga Sunday" and become fan. We wish to bring not only the new manga titles that come out every week, but some old manga titles as well so people can enjoy what they love: manga.

The intention of this topic is to help all of us feed our need to read more and more manga without emptying ours mind by asking "What manga should I read?" <- Every annoy especially coming from my sister in this group.

This idea came from yukiritsuka (LOi me XD) thinking that we can get members active not only in requests but everywhere else.

Simple as that?! Nope of course there is one rule and a FAQ, so the topic won't go out of hand.

The Rules:
1. If you wish to spoiler about the manga, please put your spoiler in a spoiler.

For example:

The FAQ:
Q: I want to recommend a manga title but how?
A: That because you didn't win the "Weekly Manga Sunday" lotto ticket.

*Note: The manga chapter are available for download that was uploaded to allow readers to read them for a higher quality as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

P.s We only use chapter one of the manga for "Weekly Manga Sunday" XD


The "Weekly Manga Sunday" is Skip Beat! from yukiritsuka



Mangaka
NakarumaYoshiki

Genre
Comedy, Romance, Drama, and Shoujo

Status
19 volumes (Licensed Ongoing)

DL
Chapter One

Summary: Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!



Although the art is a little weird, ie. the long limbs, I don't care one whit about that when it comes to the brilliance of this manga. This manga is a breath of fresh air compared to most of the shoujo on offer.

This manga's strength is in its characters, diverse, interesting and funny characters. Kyoko is one of my favourite manga females ever. The story is excellent, a slow and steady build up, the main side characters are developed well, there's not one I don't like or didn't appreciate their side stories.

Kyoko's relationships are the most interesting aspect of this story, I love forward to her interactions with all of the main side characters because of this. The slow and realistic buildup of the romances is far easier to understand than the heady rush romance of your more typical shoujo.

The story feels like its currently moving at a very slow pace, but that's the problem with monthly story that very much comes together in an arc. I have reread this manga so many times and everytime it makes me laugh and makes me breathless. This is one of the few mangas I own and I eagerly await the next releases.
Creator
24806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/20/08 , edited 10/19/08
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO READ THE MANGA!!!

Creator
24806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/20/08
OMG radiant__xx the story line is great, I love the character XD They so... ummmmm.... what that word I'm looking for???? Well who care XD LOi
Penguin
28340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/21/08 , edited 9/21/08

yukiritsuka wrote:

OMG radiant__xx the story line is great, I love the character XD They so... ummmmm.... what that word I'm looking for???? Well who care XD LOi


I knoww! =]
it's my favorite manga haha. xD
The storyline is great and I love the characters! :O
And I love Akira when he gets jealous, haha. xD
Creator
24806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/21/08

radiant__xx wrote:


yukiritsuka wrote:

OMG radiant__xx the story line is great, I love the character XD They so... ummmmm.... what that word I'm looking for???? Well who care XD LOi


I knoww! =]
it's my favorite manga haha. xD
The storyline is great and I love the characters! :O
And I love Akira when he gets jealous, haha. xD
I hate her ex-boyfriend.
Penguin
28340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/13/08
Ohh I love Orange Planet too. :DD
That manga was one of my favorites.
Penguin
10721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / The place where d...
Offline
Posted 10/13/08
i luv orange planet too! >.<
Posted 10/14/08

starlit_bubbles wrote:

i luv orange planet too! >.<


I TOTALLY AGREED WITH YOU! so many people hated the teacher and loved Tarou! >.<
I'm totally disappointed at the ending *sigh*
Penguin
10721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / The place where d...
Offline
Posted 10/14/08

i_love_anime_aznprincess wrote:


starlit_bubbles wrote:

i luv orange planet too! >.<


I TOTALLY AGREED WITH YOU! so many people hated the teacher and loved Tarou! >.<
I'm totally disappointed at the ending *sigh*


I know!! If I got to experience something like this, I'd be saying bye to the teacher and going for the guy that's like Tarou >.<
Gawd...I hate how stuff like this don't happen in my life often. (well a few times)>.<
Posted 10/14/08

starlit_bubbles wrote:


i_love_anime_aznprincess wrote:


starlit_bubbles wrote:

i luv orange planet too! >.<


I TOTALLY AGREED WITH YOU! so many people hated the teacher and loved Tarou! >.<
I'm totally disappointed at the ending *sigh*


I know!! If I got to experience something like this, I'd be saying bye to the teacher and going for the guy that's like Tarou >.<
Gawd...I hate how stuff like this don't happen in my life often. (well a few times)>.<


lolz... quite cruel but i would do the same thing! lolz! oh i see.
Creator
24806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/14/08 , edited 10/14/08
LOi XD Anyway, I putted up the manga and the DL will soon be up XD
Creator
24806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/14/08

starlit_bubbles wrote:

i luv orange planet too! >.<
Agree XD LOi
Creator
24806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/14/08
XD Yessssss, the DL is up now XD
Penguin
10721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / The place where d...
Offline
Posted 10/14/08

yukiritsuka wrote:


starlit_bubbles wrote:

i luv orange planet too! >.<
Agree XD LOi


LOL. there are people in this group that feel the same way.
Creator
24806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/14/08

starlit_bubbles wrote:


yukiritsuka wrote:


starlit_bubbles wrote:

i luv orange planet too! >.<
Agree XD LOi


LOL. there are people in this group that feel the same way.
I know, I was reading the post LOi but since I'm a yaoi fangirl >.< I might want to see Tarou HOOK up with him when I found out some thing interesting about him XD LOi.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.