First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Death penalty applied on commiting suicide
9300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / US Soldier; Guess.
Offline
Posted 9/21/08
I'm pretty sure that it would make a lot of women stop attempting (note; statistics show that guys use more 'successful' methods of suicide than women *most* of the time) since they are usually the ones that fail to finish themselves off. Guys? Usually use a gun, so if you kill them.. they probably wouldn't mind an end to an 'opps I shot my head and didn't die'.
1687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43
Offline
Posted 9/27/08
good idea for christians and catholics....because committing suicide is a serious sin...but if you get killed thats ok
Posted 9/27/08
Lawlz wait are we giving the death penalty to people...who killed themselves LOL?
Posted 9/27/08

Zennokyrie wrote:

I'm pretty sure that it would make a lot of women stop attempting (note; statistics show that guys use more 'successful' methods of suicide than women *most* of the time) since they are usually the ones that fail to finish themselves off. Guys? Usually use a gun, so if you kill them.. they probably wouldn't mind an end to an 'opps I shot my head and didn't die'.


It's because when a girl is trying to *commit suicide* its usually a teenage girl, and she usually just wants attention. When a guy is doing it, he's done with this shit, and gets the job done.
3498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Nowheresville, MI
Offline
Posted 9/27/08 , edited 9/27/08

JESTDIE wrote:

yes because i know a lot of crazy people and there a 3 girls that "try to kill them selves" but there not really tring thay just thing that people will notice them if thay do --- its just sick and thay need help thats why im 3 friends short now and im trying to leave any friend that is crazy crazy i mean every one is a bit crazy but there are thos out there that are full blown crazy stay away from them


I just want to be sure I understand. First, I don't know all the details about the people you're talking about, but when you say "its just sick and thay need help thats why im 3 friends short and trying to leave any friend that is crazy crazy", I'm going to assume "crazy crazy" means those who have sucidal thoughts or have attempted it. That said, It would seem, by that statement, you would turn your back on a friend who is in need of help? Do I read that correctly? Dude, that is some cold shit. What happened to a friend in need is a friend indeed?

21493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / None Of Ur Biz
Offline
Posted 9/27/08

impala1 wrote:


JESTDIE wrote:

yes because i know a lot of crazy people and there a 3 girls that "try to kill them selves" but there not really tring thay just thing that people will notice them if thay do --- its just sick and thay need help thats why im 3 friends short now and im trying to leave any friend that is crazy crazy i mean every one is a bit crazy but there are thos out there that are full blown crazy stay away from them


I just want to be sure I understand. First, I don't know all the details about the people you're talking about, but when you say "its just sick and thay need help thats why im 3 friends short and trying to leave any friend that is crazy crazy", I'm going to assume "crazy crazy" means those who have sucidal thoughts or have attempted it. That said, It would seem, by that statement, you would turn your back on a friend who is in need of help? Do I read that correctly? Dude, that is some cold shit. What happened to a friend in need is a friend indeed?



(your so right WTF is my problem *starts to cry hysterically rocking in fetal position* i need help)

i lied there was only one chick and its funny because i cant even understand completely what i was writing haha
and it was late when i wrote that i hope or i really do need some help and i not sure why id lie o well who cares.
10636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / business class
Offline
Posted 9/27/08
theres a penalty? really? well that makes me rethink wanting suicide...-_-
682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 9/27/08
Hahaha!
Yes, let's help the suiciders out!
That'll learn em'!

Hahahahahaha. Wow.
You're basically asking for suicide to be a societally condoned thing.
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/27/08
Wow. Let me explain why this idea is completely irrational, illogical, and dare I say, incredibly retarded.

First, let's question why we're punishing those who attempt to commit suicide. Two possible reasons.
a) To finish the job for those who've failed.
b) Because one values life, and one feels that those who attempt to throw it away should be rebuked for their actions.

I'm going to assume that the original poster supports point b, because he/she wants to apply this penalty to discourage suicide. In that case, applying the death penalty would directly contradict the assumption that one values life.

Realistically, this would very probably do nothing to the rate of those who attempt suicide, just as the death penalty does nothing for crime rates (but that's a whole 'nother discussion); but it would probably increase the number of those who succeed in their attempts. Why? If they fail once, such a policy would provide the motivation to try again, and again.

I really fail to comprehend how some of you think this has even a remote chance of working the way you think it would.
5137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA...
Offline
Posted 9/27/08
2674 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in my desk chair...
Offline
Posted 9/29/08
people who want to commit suicide would want to die anyway so a death penalty wouldn't stop them...
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 3/4/09
It defies the point...
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/4/09
I think the death penalty for suicide is a terrible idea, if anything it will only raise the suicide rate. Threatening the enforcement of anti-suicide laws by means of capitol punishment will cause those who want to commit suicide but don't want their blood to be on their own hands to fail at suicide so that they may be executed. In this instance, capitol punishment really isn't punishment but a reward (if the person's goal is to truly kill themselves).
3920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Planet E-Arth
Offline
Posted 3/4/09 , edited 3/4/09


Okay, pay attention class, because you obviously have not figured it out yet.

People who attempt suicide are wanting to die, understand? If you give them the death penalty for attempting suicide, you havve HELPED THEM in their endevors, understand? You have not changed their mind, made them see reason, or punished them in any way, you've only prolonged their death and then made it flashier. They have succeeded with you help.

You fail.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 3/4/09 , edited 3/4/09

redfinger1 wrote:

good idea for christians and catholics....because committing suicide is a serious sin...but if you get killed thats ok


You still rot in the ground either way right ? I'm mean when you die, that's it, nothing after death, you get one life, and that's it. But being afraid of death is retarded, If your afraid to die, it's just sad, you will die eventually, that is unavoidable, sucks, but nothing you can do, death isn't something to be afraid of, its something you have be willing to accept at any time for any reason.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.