First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
ESP has been proven to exists...
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 9/21/08 , edited 9/21/08
ESP means extra sensory perception...Sicologist, scientist, ect. take it very seriously...Scientist have a hard time proving/ disproving it because it sometimes shows up in experiments. In my psychology book at school, it says that ESP can range from simply sensing something without help of your other five senses to moving objects with your mind. A theory states that people only use about 10% of our brain. What happens if we reach 100%? Investigators also use this ability to helo catch criminals...i will try to provide documents if u dont beleive me. Peace over war

ok ok ok, so many be i jumped to a few too many conclusions...it hasnt been scientifically proven, but its not 100% myth either, heres a document i found. http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-esp.htm

a scientific document- http://www.williamjames.com/Science/ESP.htm
963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 9/21/08
lol yeah i head about this.
I really hope ESP really exist
21506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/21/08
...TETSUO!!!!
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 9/21/08
I'd prefer if you stated:

Documents
Source
'Proof'

And make sure that the above points are from somewhere valid and not suspicious.
47831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 9/21/08
Pokemon!! meh...I don't care about moving things with my mind. Wings PWN everything.
Posted 9/21/08
oh i already can arouse ladies with my mind power. i just implant raunchy, steamy, sexy, images in their brain and they go crazy.
Posted 9/21/08
10%? wow we're sure a smart as humans o.O
4283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / F / NC, United States
Offline
Posted 9/21/08
in my mind it was already proven. i can see ghost ......... J/K ^_^ but i do think its true if scientist proved it or not.
14437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
71
Offline
Posted 9/21/08 , edited 9/21/08
Provide documents, then you aren't nut. Don't make such sensationalist claims if you can't back it up in slightest. Wow a book said something.

I think the term ESP is self contradictory, really, if it's extra (outside) how can you experience it? Maybe there is untapped sensory faculty, but would still be sensory perception.

I don't really believe it either way. I think there is a lot to be said about luck and educated guesses.
1461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 9/21/08

JJT2 wrote:

A theory states that people only use about 10% of our brain. What happens if we reach 100%?


this is a myth. We use all of our brain. This myth probably came from the fact that only 10% of the cells in our brains are neurons. The rest of them are glial cells. But the point is, ALL of the brain is in use.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 9/21/08

pathogenesis wrote:


JJT2 wrote:

A theory states that people only use about 10% of our brain. What happens if we reach 100%?


this is a myth. We use all of our brain. This myth probably came from the fact that only 10% of the cells in our brains are neurons. The rest of them are glial cells. But the point is, ALL of the brain is in use.


Well what about the theory that we dont percieve all of hte information that goes into our brain? we r only aware of a certain percentage of the stuff we sense.We r never aware of 100% of our enviroment at one time...and we cant use all of our brain at one time...like the left and right side...
805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 9/21/08 , edited 9/21/08

JJT2 wrote:


pathogenesis wrote:


JJT2 wrote:

A theory states that people only use about 10% of our brain. What happens if we reach 100%?


this is a myth. We use all of our brain. This myth probably came from the fact that only 10% of the cells in our brains are neurons. The rest of them are glial cells. But the point is, ALL of the brain is in use.


Well what about the theory that we dont percieve all of hte information that goes into our brain? we r only aware of a certain percentage of the stuff we sense.We r never aware of 100% of our enviroment at one time...and we cant use all of our brain at one time...like the left and right side...


Only a certain part of our brain regulates sensors. It is impossible for any creature to be 100% aware of its environment. Flys, for example, have thousands of eyes, giving it a nearly 360 degree of vision...and even it isn't 100% aware of its environment.

Other parts of the brain is what controls our non-automatic responses such as heartbeat, breathing, circulation, etc. Other parts of the brain also regulates memory, the thought process, emotions/mood, bodily functions, etc

As pathogenesis said, we use 100% of our brain. Every part of our brain already has an important function...we can't just turn off a certain part of our brain and use it for something else.


Also, I'd like to note, that the first post is erroneous. Scientists and sociologists do not accept ESP as some form of psychic powers or such. There are some who accept the possibility of people having a 6th sense (other than sight, sound, touch, taste, smell) but that's totally different from saying ESP is telekinesis or such.
Kiki's Customer Support Service
Kiki 
100410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Nova Scotia
Offline
Posted 9/21/08 , edited 9/21/08
First you say it was proven, and then you state it hasn't been proven.
So technically you got nothing, which means this is a duplicate.

Do you believe in Extra sensory perception ESP?
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-15826
1461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 9/21/08

JJT2 wrote:


pathogenesis wrote:


JJT2 wrote:

A theory states that people only use about 10% of our brain. What happens if we reach 100%?


this is a myth. We use all of our brain. This myth probably came from the fact that only 10% of the cells in our brains are neurons. The rest of them are glial cells. But the point is, ALL of the brain is in use.


Well what about the theory that we dont percieve all of hte information that goes into our brain? we r only aware of a certain percentage of the stuff we sense.We r never aware of 100% of our enviroment at one time...and we cant use all of our brain at one time...like the left and right side...


The reason we aren't aware of 100% of our environment is because a part of our brain actively decides to filter it out (the thalamus to be specific). And i assure you, we can use both sides of our brain at the same time. In fact, thats the reason i can read your post and laugh at the same time. I know several textbooks and a neuroscience prof who will confirm that we do use all our our brain.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 9/21/08

FlavorAmazing wrote:

Provide documents, then you aren't nut. Don't make such sensationalist claims if you can't back it up in slightest. Wow a book said something.

I think the term ESP is self contradictory, really, if it's extra (outside) how can you experience it? Maybe there is untapped sensory faculty, but would still be sensory perception.

I don't really believe it either way. I think there is a lot to be said about luck and educated guesses.
i provided 2 documents so far, one is scientific....(i wish ki energy documents was this easy to find :sweatingbullets:) peace over war

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.