First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
If all anime character names were changed to enligh names?
Posted 9/22/08
wouldn't sound so good, would it?
how about.... leave it as it is..........>.<
2138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Denmark
Offline
Posted 9/22/08


we are used to the japanese name, so that would be sad:)

if they made an anime with english names, it wouldnt be weird thoug.. but to hange names there already is, that sucks.
8594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/22/08
EWWWWW!! That would be fucking weird and stupid!!!!!!! I watched some anime series being dubbed in English, and they made up the name in English. It sounds weird for the characters.
Posted 9/22/08
O_o wtf...... please don't do that XD that will end the world of the lovely anime !!!!
272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 9/22/08 , edited 9/22/08
... heads would roll. English names on Japanese characters... not cool.
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 9/22/08

Silentbreath wrote:

... heads would roll. English names on Japanese characters... not cool.


really i know a Japanese guy named William that as English as you get and he was born in Japan.
didnt come over to the US until late teens
3096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Ontario
Offline
Posted 9/22/08
yeah but i love the names in claymore, soo common yet unique !
483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / ?????????????????...
Offline
Posted 9/22/08
definitely a no-no...............
272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 9/22/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:


Silentbreath wrote:

... heads would roll. English names on Japanese characters... not cool.


really i know a Japanese guy named William that as English as you get and he was born in Japan.
didnt come over to the US until late teens

yeah that's pretty English. actually now that you mention it FMA has Alphonse and Edward and that's not even close to Japanese. hmmm... man that's a monkey wrench in my thought.
4439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 9/22/08

Silentbreath wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


Silentbreath wrote:

... heads would roll. English names on Japanese characters... not cool.


really i know a Japanese guy named William that as English as you get and he was born in Japan.
didnt come over to the US until late teens

yeah that's pretty English. actually now that you mention it FMA has Alphonse and Edward and that's not even close to Japanese. hmmm... man that's a monkey wrench in my thought.


well FMA tkaes place in Germany (well what would be in their world) so they have European names.

but one thing names dont translate.

for example. sakura translates to Cheery Blossom but if you are named sakura you are not called Cherry Blossom by English speakers
1151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 9/22/08

Sleepneeded127 wrote:


Silentbreath wrote:


Sleepneeded127 wrote:


Silentbreath wrote:

... heads would roll. English names on Japanese characters... not cool.


really i know a Japanese guy named William that as English as you get and he was born in Japan.
didnt come over to the US until late teens

yeah that's pretty English. actually now that you mention it FMA has Alphonse and Edward and that's not even close to Japanese. hmmm... man that's a monkey wrench in my thought.


well FMA tkaes place in Germany (well what would be in their world) so they have European names.

but one thing names dont translate.

for example. sakura translates to Cheery Blossom but if you are named sakura you are not called Cherry Blossom by English speakers
Agreed.

And as I said before, names require getting used to. Crap dubs and opening music are the ones that ruin good shows. (One Piece, looking at you!)

1014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / philippines
Offline
Posted 9/22/08
WHATEVER!!!!!!
108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / The Digital World...
Offline
Posted 9/22/08

abyssinianrose07 wrote:

I don't know lol...I just hate it when they do it for dubbed versions...like they did with Shaman King for Hao...wtf, he got his name change to Zeke.




Aw man don't even get me started on Manta's dubb name...
21858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ottawa, Ontario
Offline
Posted 9/22/08
their names give them the originality cuz i never heard of names like ichigo or luffy, and lelouch lamperouge. its uncommon to me so thats why i would remember them better and plus it sounds so much cooler than being called thomas or some other names.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/22/08
meh doesn't work but it can be funny

for instance, back when anime just started to get really popular in the philippines, in the tagalog dub of yuyu hakusho, they changed the names and a case of gender confusion occurred:

kurama - DENISE *for a girl* which is later corrected into DENNIS *for a boy*
genkai - JEREMIAH. well.. it was too late to change that one hahaha :lol:

other changed names in yuyu hakusho
yusuke - eugene
kuwabara - alfred
hiei - vincent
koenma - jericho
botan - charlene

and from flame of recca:
tokiya - dylan
domon - max
fuuko - aira
*recca had to stay the same for the sake of the show's name haha*

eventually they stopped changing the names for which i am thankful for
but yeah, they're good for a few laughs

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.