First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply post your hatred of Twilight
Posted 10/1/08

animeangewl wrote:

i hate twilight. its such an overrated book. the only reason why someone would want to read it is because everyone else is reading it. the words 'edward cullen' are taboo to me. i admit the book is not that bad but stephanie meyer takes forever just to explain one thing. i tried reading the book but i think my brain exploded. one thing i hate the most about twilight is the idiotic screaming fangirls. edward cullen DOESN'T exist. i have a friend who loves edward cullen and twilight. (she's the only twilight fangirl i accept) i nickname her mrs.edward cullen. she's the only one in our class who likes edward. the rest of the class hates twilight. one day she was talking about edward cullen and my other friend came up and said edward wasn't real. she started arguing with her and my other friend was like to her, its best that you get the point that edward isn't real now before you hurt yourself. LOL

btw. did you know cullen means handsome?


I perfectly understand what you mean it all!!

And it does? So, it is Edward Handsome How STUPID CAN THAT SOUND?!...
Posted 10/12/08 , edited 10/12/08
twilight should have never been published
add to your list that Stephenie Meyer uses huge font and spacing, resulting in her books being larger
thus killing more trees
and getting more money
Those poor trees wasted for nothing :(
being seriouse, the book is cliché i mean really, vampire romance?
then the vampires are perfect! No flaws! No FIGHT! I mean really a vampire book and we dont even get to see the fight?!?!? Seriously i have to listen to Bella complain for like 200 pgs then the only action i really see is Edward pulling Victorias head off!!!
COME ON.
Not only that bella is an example to many young girls who read this book.
If every highschool girl was like that, the world just might end....
NOT ONLY THAT, now her Midnight Sun book has been posted on the internet, and being the diva she is, doesnt want to continue writing. GOOD, less trees will be killed by your crazy double spacing and huge font!
Communitarian
12704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Johnny and the JE...
Offline
Posted 10/18/08

animeangewl wrote:

i hate twilight. its such an overrated book. the only reason why someone would want to read it is because everyone else is reading it. the words 'edward cullen' are taboo to me. i admit the book is not that bad but stephanie meyer takes forever just to explain one thing. i tried reading the book but i think my brain exploded. one thing i hate the most about twilight is the idiotic screaming fangirls. edward cullen DOESN'T exist. i have a friend who loves edward cullen and twilight. (she's the only twilight fangirl i accept) i nickname her mrs.edward cullen. she's the only one in our class who likes edward. the rest of the class hates twilight. one day she was talking about edward cullen and my other friend came up and said edward wasn't real. she started arguing with her and my other friend was like to her, its best that you get the point that edward isn't real now before you hurt yourself. LOL

btw. did you know cullen means handsome?


Did you know Bella means Beautiful?
Communitarian
12704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Johnny and the JE...
Offline
Posted 10/18/08
> > I already finished all the books actually, didn't even take me two days because I skipped like, half of the icky romantic moments and went on to the action. And funny how I found it MORE boring when I skipped. I wonder how many people were fooled into thinking how great it was.
> >
> > I'll just outline what I never really got.
> >
> > 1. I don't really get why people love the first book. To be honest, I find it well...Not boring but not great either. I find that there are so many unnecessary scenes which I feel were placed there to make it longer. (In all the books actually.)
> >
> > 2. Bella never changed. Nada. Nothing. From the first book to the last book, after all the vampire and werewolf stuff, she was still the same old bella who thinks that she can do whatever she wants, like...say....endanger herself and expect others to save her. By breaking dawn, I was just tired of her.
> >
> > I hate scenes like there:
> >
> > Bella sighed, "Oh Edward, how could you."
> > Edward groaned, "Don't do this."
> > Bella fainted.
> > Edward carries her.
> > Bella wakes up, "I'm sorry for putting you through this."
> > Edward smiles, "Don't be sorry for being who you are." (or whatever crap that was.)
> >
> > They live happily ever after.
> >
> > 3. The 4th book was SERIOUSLY disturbing. The whole giving birth to a vampire?!! Hey, I know it's never going to be possible but STILL!!! Must she come up with ideas as insane as this! Again, she placed everyone in trouble. WHICH ENDED UP NOWHERE by the way.
> >
> > The author described in great detail the entire vampire clans or covens or something and I thought, like, "Hey, maybe this is going to be exciting, after all. She's putting so much effort in making the readers familiarize themselves with the characters." And then what? Everyone stands in the middle, while Bella does the job.
> >
> > Sigh.
> >
> > 4. There was nothing to learn from it, but I supposed I should have expected that as it IS for YOUNG ADULTs. (Though I have no idea why she needs to uh...mention the sex part.) I went through 4 books of teen angst and need I say that I just wished I never bothered. I didn't like the way the author made it revolved around Edward, how she could not live without her, how she'd die for him, how she'd put herself in danger just to hear his voice. While I was reading, I felt so... disgusted. Can there really be SUCH a character. What a Mary Sue!
> >
> > 5. The whole imprinting thing made me cringed. Actually, the whole getting pregnant in the first place made me want to bleach my eyes. Let's include the whole Edward asking Jacob to fuck his wife while we're at it.
> >
> > 6. First book, she almost dies. Second book, she almost dies. Third book, she almost dies. Fourth book, she literally died and became immortal but then, THEY ALL almost died. And after everything, only one person died and she wasn't even essential to the series.
> >
> > Well, there's actually more. Like, how nothing is explained and we're left wondering "what just happened?" But I won't go into that.
> >
> > Haha. What can I say? It really wasn't that good. maybe if it was pure fanfiction, i'd appreciate it better. But the thing i'm so pissed about is the fact that it IS a PUBLISHED book. And it's POPULAR. And it wasn't even worth the HYPE. Don't even get me started on her grammar and explanations which needed explanations!
> >
> > But at the end of the day, I realize that whatever it is I don't like, it really does not matter because it IS just FICTION. And well, she made money from it so I guess she's happy.
> >
> > One last: The dialogues are CRINGE-worthy. I snorted like, every two minutes. I can't take it! I imagine saying things like that to my boyfriend and he'll probably look at me like i'm deranged.
> >
> > But hooray for Jacob! No matter how cheesy his lines are, he IS FUN

Oh and lastly, I don't really get the craze, the fangirls but I don't mind them. But I really hate the fact that they tagged it as the next "Harry Potter". Dear Gad. JK Rowling must be SO INSULTED.
> >
Chairperson
359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/18/08

I'll admit, I was a Twilight fan girl. I have all 4 books, in hard-bound and I have read them all. I had my copy of Breaking Dawn reserved for a Month earlier than it's release date. After Reading Twilight, I realized that the only other Vampire novel I've read was Dracula, so I decided to read Anne Rice's series. AFTER THAT I'VE REALIZED HOW AWFUL THAT GOD FORSAKEN BOOK IS!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!
President
3726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 10/18/08

Vanpaia_Naito wrote:


I'll admit, I was a Twilight fan girl. I have all 4 books, in hard-bound and I have read them all. I had my copy of Breaking Dawn reserved for a Month earlier than it's release date. After Reading Twilight, I realized that the only other Vampire novel I've read was Dracula, so I decided to read Anne Rice's series. AFTER THAT I'VE REALIZED HOW AWFUL THAT GOD FORSAKEN BOOK IS!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!


waste of time huh? don't worry you're not alone..i was seriously glad that i never spent a single cent on that book...what a waste of money and time...i can't believe that i spent 50 minutes on utter garbage
Communitarian
1717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 10/19/08

c0rin wrote:


animeangewl wrote:

i hate twilight. its such an overrated book. the only reason why someone would want to read it is because everyone else is reading it. the words 'edward cullen' are taboo to me. i admit the book is not that bad but stephanie meyer takes forever just to explain one thing. i tried reading the book but i think my brain exploded. one thing i hate the most about twilight is the idiotic screaming fangirls. edward cullen DOESN'T exist. i have a friend who loves edward cullen and twilight. (she's the only twilight fangirl i accept) i nickname her mrs.edward cullen. she's the only one in our class who likes edward. the rest of the class hates twilight. one day she was talking about edward cullen and my other friend came up and said edward wasn't real. she started arguing with her and my other friend was like to her, its best that you get the point that edward isn't real now before you hurt yourself. LOL

btw. did you know cullen means handsome?


Did you know Bella means Beautiful?


really?
Chairperson
1062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 10/19/08 , edited 10/19/08

c0rin wrote:
> > 2. Bella never changed. Nada. Nothing. From the first book to the last book, after all the vampire and werewolf stuff, she was still the same old bella who thinks that she can do whatever she wants, like...say....endanger herself and expect others to save her. By breaking dawn, I was just tired of her.

Well, that's because she wants someone to jump between her and a 100000 mph car just to save her little life! That's true love! Duh!


> > 3. The 4th book was SERIOUSLY disturbing. The whole giving birth to a vampire?!! Hey, I know it's never going to be possible but STILL!!! Must she come up with ideas as insane as this! Again, she placed everyone in trouble. WHICH ENDED UP NOWHERE by the way.

Now, I heard about this and it actually makes me want to read the books. I mean, cesarean section via vampire teeth. That's some BAMF (and disgusting) shit right there xD
First, the pregnancy shouldn't have EVER happened. Why? Because Mr. Edward Cullen is dead. If he's dead, his sperm is also dead. I guess SMeyer decided to overlook that HUGE FUCKING DETAIL! But even SMeyer herself said that it was impossible for this to happen and yet it did. I'm guessing it was true love and sparkles that made it possible. I also think she just wanted to grace the world with Renesmee or whatever its name is and show everyone that's she's a hXc mormon.


> > 4. I didn't like the way the author made it revolved around Edward, how she could not live without her, how she'd die for him, how she'd put herself in danger just to hear his voice. While I was reading, I felt so... disgusted. Can there really be SUCH a character. What a Mary Sue!

I guess she pretty much regressed to her 13 year old self and Edward Cullen is her dream man. Beautiful, no personality, sparkly, a vampire and abusive. This lady has some serious issues.


> > 5. The whole imprinting thing made me cringed. Actually, the whole getting pregnant in the first place made me want to bleach my eyes. Let's include the whole Edward asking Jacob to fuck his wife while we're at it.

Now, I heard about this "imprinting" shady business too. Jacob was the one doing the imprinting, right? I read everything I know about this book from ED and what they basically told me was that the baby telepathically told him to "imprint" her. Is that right? I read this from a comic over at ED but I don't know if I should post it because it's not exactly PG-13. But after I read the comic this was the exact face I made>>
And what is this about Edward wanting another man to bone his wife?! That I hadn't heard before. Or maybe I did and blocked it out of my mind.



My friend has tried to get her book published but she's been rejected a few times. Her and I are now definitely convinced that SMeyer had to do a lot of sexual favors to get this crappy fan fiction published.
Communitarian
12704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Johnny and the JE...
Offline
Posted 10/19/08
^ I should start "doing" everybody in the publishing community to get MY books published. I might be a crappy writer but hey, if SMeyer can do it...
President
3726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 10/19/08

Reiband wrote:


c0rin wrote:
> > 2. Bella never changed. Nada. Nothing. From the first book to the last book, after all the vampire and werewolf stuff, she was still the same old bella who thinks that she can do whatever she wants, like...say....endanger herself and expect others to save her. By breaking dawn, I was just tired of her.

Well, that's because she wants someone to jump between her and a 100000 mph car just to save her little life! That's true love! Duh!


> > 3. The 4th book was SERIOUSLY disturbing. The whole giving birth to a vampire?!! Hey, I know it's never going to be possible but STILL!!! Must she come up with ideas as insane as this! Again, she placed everyone in trouble. WHICH ENDED UP NOWHERE by the way.

Now, I heard about this and it actually makes me want to read the books. I mean, cesarean section via vampire teeth. That's some BAMF (and disgusting) shit right there xD
First, the pregnancy shouldn't have EVER happened. Why? Because Mr. Edward Cullen is dead. If he's dead, his sperm is also dead. I guess SMeyer decided to overlook that HUGE FUCKING DETAIL! But even SMeyer herself said that it was impossible for this to happen and yet it did. I'm guessing it was true love and sparkles that made it possible. I also think she just wanted to grace the world with Renesmee or whatever its name is and show everyone that's she's a hXc mormon.


> > 4. I didn't like the way the author made it revolved around Edward, how she could not live without her, how she'd die for him, how she'd put herself in danger just to hear his voice. While I was reading, I felt so... disgusted. Can there really be SUCH a character. What a Mary Sue!

I guess she pretty much regressed to her 13 year old self and Edward Cullen is her dream man. Beautiful, no personality, sparkly, a vampire and abusive. This lady has some serious issues.


> > 5. The whole imprinting thing made me cringed. Actually, the whole getting pregnant in the first place made me want to bleach my eyes. Let's include the whole Edward asking Jacob to fuck his wife while we're at it.

Now, I heard about this "imprinting" shady business too. Jacob was the one doing the imprinting, right? I read everything I know about this book from ED and what they basically told me was that the baby telepathically told him to "imprint" her. Is that right? I read this from a comic over at ED but I don't know if I should post it because it's not exactly PG-13. But after I read the comic this was the exact face I made>>
And what is this about Edward wanting another man to bone his wife?! That I hadn't heard before. Or maybe I did and blocked it out of my mind.



My friend has tried to get her book published but she's been rejected a few times. Her and I are now definitely convinced that SMeyer had to do a lot of sexual favors to get this crappy fan fiction published.


i'm sooo glad that they're still sane people out there!!!
Communitarian
902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / The United States...
Offline
Posted 10/19/08
There is so much I hate about this book. Too much to write. Basically I agree with the first post.
Communitarian
2302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / Tenochtitlan
Offline
Posted 10/23/08
i have not read it but i read the entire plot and character anaylsis
and i was dead.
this book is horrible

the plot is horrible. its a book made for stupid silly girls who cant get a date and dream of this type of horrible romance of a human and vampire

i hate how the main character watever her name is, is potrayed. makes females look weak.
i hate it and hate it and i cannot belive how vampires are potrated here

im not a big vampire fan but i was a biggg fan of Anne Rice's vampire chronicles and this is just an inslut to her stories and other great literatures that have to do something with the vampire genre.
shit even dracula is better.


and theres so many things i can talk about why this books are just foul.


President
3726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 10/23/08

cheeky_doll247 wrote:

i have not read it but i read the entire plot and character anaylsis
and i was dead.
this book is horrible

the plot is horrible. its a book made for stupid silly girls who cant get a date and dream of this type of horrible romance of a human and vampire

i hate how the main character watever her name is, is potrayed. makes females look weak.
i hate it and hate it and i cannot belive how vampires are potrated here

im not a big vampire fan but i was a biggg fan of Anne Rice's vampire chronicles and this is just an inslut to her stories and other great literatures that have to do something with the vampire genre.
shit even dracula is better.


and theres so many things i can talk about why this books are just foul.




Smeyer probably gave sexual favors to publishers to publish that piece of crap she calls her novel
Chairperson
1062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / F / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 10/24/08

cheeky_doll247 wrote:
i have not read it but i read the entire plot and character anaylsis
and i was dead.
this book is horrible

the plot is horrible. its a book made for stupid silly girls who cant get a date and dream of this type of horrible romance of a human and vampire

i hate how the main character watever her name is, is potrayed. makes females look weak.
i hate it and hate it and i cannot belive how vampires are potrated here

im not a big vampire fan but i was a biggg fan of Anne Rice's vampire chronicles and this is just an inslut to her stories and other great literatures that have to do something with the vampire genre.
shit even dracula is better.


and theres so many things i can talk about why this books are just foul.


I'm willing to overlook certain things. Like, crappy characters and whatnot. What I can't let go of is the fact that Bella got pregnant. It's just impossible and SMeyer also said that it was impossible. I haven't read the books and I'm pissed off.
Posted 10/24/08
To be quite honest, I never read Twilight books, but I refuse to waste my life on load of crap...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.