First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Somalis
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / from east africa-...
Offline
Posted 9/24/08

h4x0rz wrote:


aminasahra wrote:

yeah, but i thought i heard someone say that it was set in morocco. i have no idea, lol


no, it's based on the shooting down of a US military Black Hawk helicopter by Somali militants and the consequent lynching.


yeah i know what it was about. it was becauese of that war, that we had to leave the country.
53942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 9/24/08

moratorium wrote:


Nyarth wrote:



Somalis are an ethnic group located in the Horn of Africa, also known as the Somali Peninsula. The overwhelming majority of Somalis speak the Somali language, which is part of the Cushitic subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic language family. Ethnic Somalis number around 20-25 million and are principally concentrated in Somalia, Ethiopia, Yemen (a little under 1 million), northeastern Kenya (about half a million), Djibouti (350,000), and an unknown but large number live in parts of the Middle East, North America and Europe due to the Somali Civil War.
from Wikipedia

That Somalis?


yea Somalia and thats copied and pasted from wikipedia


Yes... what gave you that idea?

Nyarth wrote:
from Wikipedia
lol
280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 9/24/08
yeah but they wern't somailans they were some other ppl :
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/24/08 , edited 9/24/08

Nyarth wrote:


moratorium wrote:


Nyarth wrote:



Somalis are an ethnic group located in the Horn of Africa, also known as the Somali Peninsula. The overwhelming majority of Somalis speak the Somali language, which is part of the Cushitic subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic language family. Ethnic Somalis number around 20-25 million and are principally concentrated in Somalia, Ethiopia, Yemen (a little under 1 million), northeastern Kenya (about half a million), Djibouti (350,000), and an unknown but large number live in parts of the Middle East, North America and Europe due to the Somali Civil War.
from Wikipedia

That Somalis?


yea Somalia and thats copied and pasted from wikipedia


Yes... what gave you that idea?

Nyarth wrote:
from Wikipedia
lol

oh noe i feel dumb you didnt quote anyone well the thing is i just read the 1st sentence and not that part of wikipedia not even the names of ppl who post
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Right there
Offline
Posted 9/24/08 , edited 9/24/08
iman its from somalia



so is fatima siad


who is so skinny its not even funny
31617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/24/08
Does it have something to do with Africa?
Posted 9/24/08
I'm half-somali.

Don't speak the language because I was born in the US, and there wasn't a somali community where I lived. I'm trying to learn now.

Oh and Iman is crazy pretty.
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / from east africa-...
Offline
Posted 9/24/08

smiling_leyla wrote:

I'm half-somali.

Don't speak the language because I was born in the US, and there wasn't a somali community where I lived. I'm trying to learn now.

Oh and Iman is crazy pretty.


whats ur other half, lol, curiosity
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / from east africa-...
Offline
Posted 9/24/08

kristine0926 wrote:

Does it have something to do with Africa?


yeah, its located in east africa. lol it has something to do with africa
2937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / San Francisco CA...
Offline
Posted 9/24/08 , edited 9/24/08

moratorium wrote:


aminasahra wrote:

^ mike durant? whos he?


pilot who was held prisoner in Somalia in the 60's


not 60's. 1993.

2937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / San Francisco CA...
Offline
Posted 9/24/08 , edited 9/24/08

aminasahra wrote:

^ mike durant? whos he?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Durant


25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/24/08

Terminator_kun wrote:


moratorium wrote:


aminasahra wrote:

^ mike durant? whos he?


pilot who was held prisoner in Somalia in the 60's


not 60's. 1993.



whoops he was born in the 60's my bad hahaha

oct 3 1993


2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Right there
Offline
Posted 9/24/08

kristine0926 wrote:

Does it have something to do with Africa?


well somalia is in afria

1681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / =>Here
Offline
Posted 9/24/08
I think they are from Africa from a country call Somali.
Posted 9/24/08

aminasahra wrote:


smiling_leyla wrote:

I'm half-somali.

Don't speak the language because I was born in the US, and there wasn't a somali community where I lived. I'm trying to learn now.

Oh and Iman is crazy pretty.


whats ur other half, lol, curiosity


Half white. Mix of Maltese (south of Italy) and Scottish. As far as I know, I'm one of the only people in my family that's mixed. Everyone is full Somali. Then again, I have so many relatives on that side of the family that's it hard to keep track lol.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.