First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Post Reply Communist China
2655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/07

digs wrote:

well, the one justification is that they got Saddam out who was an abusive leader.

How does the American government lie to us? as far as I know it is the US media who lies to us and the rest of the world. The US is not worse than china. No form of government can properly work unless mankind eliminates pride and greed. any form of Government will go corrupt if these to things exist. At least in America we don't arrest people for their religion. In China the state religion is atheism and people have extremely little religious freedoms. They don't have freedom of speech in China, the government arrests you for speaking against them. There aren't free trials in China and the death penalty is highly used. They have scheduled black outs because the government won't produce the fund necessary for them to have sufficient power. About the migration to/from China. If it is so wonderful you would see more people migrating into China then you would leaving.
First off, where do you live? US, I assumed. How do you know what's really happening in China if you live half a world away? Sorry to say, but you been fed by western propaganda. Have you been to China once in your life? have you?
Don't judge a country because of something you read or watch on tv. You have to experience first hand before making your conclusion.
So, please stop with this bullcrap about how "horrible" the CPC is.
As far as I know, the CPC is doing its best for the Chinese people.


"Over the last 26 years, China has moved more than 300 million people out of poverty by its own standards," WFP executive director James Morris


"It's truly one of mankind's great accomplishments over the last 100 years."



http://www.terradaily.com/reports/WFP_Ends_Food_Aid_To_China_Urges_Asian_Giant_To_Donate_Globally.html

300 million people?!!! that's equal to the whole United States's population.

Yes, the CPC might not be the best government in the world, but it is certainly not the worst. Actually its better than most countries in the world.
There are a lot of freedom in China than you assumed especially in the East coast.



116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California, USA
Offline
Posted 11/9/07



4) has great wall of China the only man made object that can be seen from the moon




the Great Wall of China can NOT be seen from the moon, space, Jupiter, etc etc! Even the first Chinese Cosmonaut said he couldn't see it.

what people actually are seeing (in case they DO spot it) is the Yellow River (Huang He).
Scientist Moderator
digs 
37013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 11/9/07

Jachina wrote:


digs wrote:

well, the one justification is that they got Saddam out who was an abusive leader.

How does the American government lie to us? as far as I know it is the US media who lies to us and the rest of the world. The US is not worse than china. No form of government can properly work unless mankind eliminates pride and greed. any form of Government will go corrupt if these to things exist. At least in America we don't arrest people for their religion. In China the state religion is atheism and people have extremely little religious freedoms. They don't have freedom of speech in China, the government arrests you for speaking against them. There aren't free trials in China and the death penalty is highly used. They have scheduled black outs because the government won't produce the fund necessary for them to have sufficient power. About the migration to/from China. If it is so wonderful you would see more people migrating into China then you would leaving.
First off, where do you live? US, I assumed. How do you know what's really happening in China if you live half a world away? Sorry to say, but you been fed by western propaganda. Have you been to China once in your life? have you?
Don't judge a country because of something you read or watch on tv. You have to experience first hand before making your conclusion.
So, please stop with this bullcrap about how "horrible" the CPC is.
As far as I know, the CPC is doing its best for the Chinese people.



No, I have never been to China because I lack the money to go. However I have heard many stories from people from China that I have met in real life who wouldn't praise it in the least. I also read missionary letters and articles showing how christian churches in China get closed and the people sent to jail because they attended church. The government oppresses their religious freedom and has a state religion (state religions are extremely wrong imo)

Also if you look at history you see China repeating some of the strategies of the Soviet Union. They try and pass to the media that they aren't in poverty and that the government cares about the people. They want visitors to only experience a good side of China, which is why they spend a lot of funding on making cities look more developed (much like what Russia did with Moscow) The Chinese people are oppressed by their government, and the government realizes that the majority of them feel that way, which is why their speech is heavily censored and selective.

I will state it again, the Chinese people are not at fault, in fact my prayers go out to them, the issue is the Chinese government who oppresses their innocent citizens and tries to play it off like everything is fine, that is cowardly and in humane.

534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In a giant robo t...
Offline
Posted 11/9/07
In Communist china, chicken eats you!
2709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / US
Offline
Posted 11/9/07
love the country
2655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/07

digs wrote:


Jachina wrote:


digs wrote:

well, the one justification is that they got Saddam out who was an abusive leader.

How does the American government lie to us? as far as I know it is the US media who lies to us and the rest of the world. The US is not worse than china. No form of government can properly work unless mankind eliminates pride and greed. any form of Government will go corrupt if these to things exist. At least in America we don't arrest people for their religion. In China the state religion is atheism and people have extremely little religious freedoms. They don't have freedom of speech in China, the government arrests you for speaking against them. There aren't free trials in China and the death penalty is highly used. They have scheduled black outs because the government won't produce the fund necessary for them to have sufficient power. About the migration to/from China. If it is so wonderful you would see more people migrating into China then you would leaving.
First off, where do you live? US, I assumed. How do you know what's really happening in China if you live half a world away? Sorry to say, but you been fed by western propaganda. Have you been to China once in your life? have you?
Don't judge a country because of something you read or watch on tv. You have to experience first hand before making your conclusion.
So, please stop with this bullcrap about how "horrible" the CPC is.
As far as I know, the CPC is doing its best for the Chinese people.



No, I have never been to China because I lack the money to go. However I have heard many stories from people from China that I have met in real life who wouldn't praise it in the least. I also read missionary letters and articles showing how christian churches in China get closed and the people sent to jail because they attended church. The government oppresses their religious freedom and has a state religion (state religions are extremely wrong imo)

Also if you look at history you see China repeating some of the strategies of the Soviet Union. They try and pass to the media that they aren't in poverty and that the government cares about the people. They want visitors to only experience a good side of China, which is why they spend a lot of funding on making cities look more developed (much like what Russia did with Moscow) The Chinese people are oppressed by their government, and the government realizes that the majority of them feel that way, which is why their speech is heavily censored and selective.

I will state it again, the Chinese people are not at fault, in fact my prayers go out to them, the issue is the Chinese government who oppresses their innocent citizens and tries to play it off like everything is fine, that is cowardly and in humane.

oh, my god, you're so right! the CPC is evil ! the US, as the Guardian of peace and prosperity across the world must defeat this tyranny regime,

Think what you want, but the CPC is doing what's in the best interests of China, unlike, some country *cough* US *cough*

Remember, there are 1.3 billion people in China, if you know math, you know that's a lot of people, so huge that the human mind can't comprehend.
To feed and shelter that many people is a colossal job. However, CPC has manage to do it. Would you rather have a hot meal on your plate or something called freedom of speech or religion?
Most chinese people don't care about religion freedom as long as they have a house and food to eat every day. However, with China becoming richer and richer, that's about to change in a few decade.
1082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Netherworld
Offline
Posted 11/9/07
Little kids making Nikes for little payment. PEOPLE DON'T BUY NIKES!!!
8632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Neverland
Offline
Posted 11/9/07
china took over tibet..
many people were forced to leave..
and i heard that one person said "Religion is Poison"
Scientist Moderator
digs 
37013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 11/9/07

Jachina wrote:


digs wrote:


Jachina wrote:


digs wrote:

well, the one justification is that they got Saddam out who was an abusive leader.

How does the American government lie to us? as far as I know it is the US media who lies to us and the rest of the world. The US is not worse than china. No form of government can properly work unless mankind eliminates pride and greed. any form of Government will go corrupt if these to things exist. At least in America we don't arrest people for their religion. In China the state religion is atheism and people have extremely little religious freedoms. They don't have freedom of speech in China, the government arrests you for speaking against them. There aren't free trials in China and the death penalty is highly used. They have scheduled black outs because the government won't produce the fund necessary for them to have sufficient power. About the migration to/from China. If it is so wonderful you would see more people migrating into China then you would leaving.
First off, where do you live? US, I assumed. How do you know what's really happening in China if you live half a world away? Sorry to say, but you been fed by western propaganda. Have you been to China once in your life? have you?
Don't judge a country because of something you read or watch on tv. You have to experience first hand before making your conclusion.
So, please stop with this bullcrap about how "horrible" the CPC is.
As far as I know, the CPC is doing its best for the Chinese people.



No, I have never been to China because I lack the money to go. However I have heard many stories from people from China that I have met in real life who wouldn't praise it in the least. I also read missionary letters and articles showing how christian churches in China get closed and the people sent to jail because they attended church. The government oppresses their religious freedom and has a state religion (state religions are extremely wrong imo)

Also if you look at history you see China repeating some of the strategies of the Soviet Union. They try and pass to the media that they aren't in poverty and that the government cares about the people. They want visitors to only experience a good side of China, which is why they spend a lot of funding on making cities look more developed (much like what Russia did with Moscow) The Chinese people are oppressed by their government, and the government realizes that the majority of them feel that way, which is why their speech is heavily censored and selective.

I will state it again, the Chinese people are not at fault, in fact my prayers go out to them, the issue is the Chinese government who oppresses their innocent citizens and tries to play it off like everything is fine, that is cowardly and in humane.

oh, my god, you're so right! the CPC is evil ! the US, as the Guardian of peace and prosperity across the world must defeat this tyranny regime,

Think what you want, but the CPC is doing what's in the best interests of China, unlike, some country *cough* US *cough*

Remember, there are 1.3 billion people in China, if you know math, you know that's a lot of people, so huge that the human mind can't comprehend.
To feed and shelter that many people is a colossal job. However, CPC has manage to do it. Would you rather have a hot meal on your plate or something called freedom of speech or religion?
Most chinese people don't care about religion freedom as long as they have a house and food to eat every day. However, with China becoming richer and richer, that's about to change in a few decade.


I never said the US was great or the guardian of peace. the US should protect our interest first like what China does (I agree with China in that aspect) however, it is not the job of the government to provide people with their basic needs, that is something mankind has to do for himself and it has been this way even before governments. The government should provide aid, but you don't see that in China, instead a lot of their funding goes to the military. The people in China are poor because the government has restricted international trade, raised taxes on trade, and has had bad loans. the majority of it's problems are due to poor leadership.

sure 1.3 billion people is a lot. which is why it shouldn't be the government's job to baby all of them. It should be an independent thing. Just imagine all the wasted money on beurocracy and the waits for people to have their things processed. btw, why do you think I praise the US and look to us like we are all perfect? I don't in any means and I recognize our problems and what we need to fix. However I also recognize China's and their human rights violations. I mean, they use the death penalty waaayyyyy to frequently, and you can get sentenced to death on charges like rape and certain cases of theft.
2655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/07

digs wrote:

I never said the US was great or the guardian of peace. the US should protect our interest first like what China does (I agree with China in that aspect) however, it is not the job of the government to provide people with their basic needs, that is something mankind has to do for himself and it has been this way even before governments. The government should provide aid, but you don't see that in China, instead a lot of their funding goes to the military. The people in China are poor because the government has restricted international trade, raised taxes on trade, and has had bad loans. the majority of it's problems are due to poor leadership.

sure 1.3 billion people is a lot. which is why it shouldn't be the government's job to baby all of them. It should be an independent thing. Just imagine all the wasted money on beurocracy and the waits for people to have their things processed. btw, why do you think I praise the US and look to us like we are all perfect? I don't in any means and I recognize our problems and what we need to fix. However I also recognize China's and their human rights violations. I mean, they use the death penalty waaayyyyy to frequently, and you can get sentenced to death on charges like rape and certain cases of theft.

wow! so many mistakes, but my time is very precious, so I'm not going to waste my time on this.
Can you please link me to sources about what you say above?

764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / SoCal
Offline
Posted 11/9/07
china is a communist country but they are not as restrictive as they once were. noticed that their government has not collapsed like it did in the soviet union, facist spain, and hitler germany. some democratic country have a flawed system.
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / They said go back...
Offline
Posted 11/9/07

Digs, there have been many successful governments with that style, it's called socialism by Karl, and i also think command economy as well.

Digs, Most of there funding does not go to the military, they spend billions on cleaning lakes and building the cities i mean America spends at least 10 percent more money on our military then china, because we do not have that much idiot people that'll just go into the army to fight for stupid shit. so America does need to spend all that on the army.


e_chan89 it is ruled by a one party system it is almost a dictatorship, with elections being held for the international community. all i have to say is, they are becoming the next America you might not look at it from your seat because you don't know anything outside from that seat, once it has became another America they will soon be attacked by a country and use it as an excuse to retaliate another country.

Good day to you.

2510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / right here
Offline
Posted 11/9/07
woohoo china.

uh yeh. it has bad human rights pollicy. they should work on that. also their proguct contains lead that kill people. also the food is tasty. oh what about tienimon square? (sp) that was sad. oh and what about the 2008 olympix r they still hosting?

yaya china! la ho ma. go hay fat choi
29511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/22/08
Their government is just....horrible. Remember that peaceful protest at that university? Well, they just marched in and started shooting people. Lots of people got killed. And guess what, they denied that anyone was hurt. I mean, it was on TV. Well, here anyways. It was all over the news, you could SEE them shooting people. Bunch of liars.. What even scared me most is some people in China don't even KNOW this happened. And the ones that did listened to the government, who said that it was to stop civil war. Gosh, it was a peaceful protest, they had no weapons...-_-

I'm a fan of democracy, which they have none of. I mean, they control the media. They even control what you search on google. The elections are rigged too, you have to be approved by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) before running for elections...so either way, the CCP always wins.

And honestly, that law about them only allowing to have one child, ridiculous. Thats probably the reason why their orphanages are filled with children. (mostly females too)

Sorry, but this is pretty much based on reading newspapers, news online, being learned in S.S and watching the news on TV. I myself, am Chinese but I've never been there. My opinion may be worth nothing then...
8000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M / california
Offline
Posted 2/22/08

keelo wrote:

Discuss anything related to this wonderful and ancient nation. I'll start it off. did you know that china has this one law that prohibits women from having more than one child


I dont think they ahve that law ne more

ne way China is slowly losing its coumminism
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.