First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
Post Reply Communist China
5796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Santa Destroy
Offline
Posted 4/13/08
I've seen on a news article that they made hats out of recycled condoms...
269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/13/08

s7rugg1e wrote:


ailin350 wrote:

Ok, Chinese people aren't soccer players. We are better at sports such as Ping Pong and volleyball. I don't see how the World Cup has anything to do with Communist China. It's really common to see Chinese booing Japanese national anthem because the Japanese did not apologize to the Chinese for what they did to the Chinese during the wars.


Not true, it's just that China never accepted it:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-04-22-japan-china_x.htm

This, by the way, is the most recent of a dozen or so apologies. The Chinese gov't should apologize to its own people for the tens of millions that died during the Cultural Revolution. The Chinese gov't has killed far more Chinese than the Japanese even attempted to kill.


what is the cultural revolution? Its weird cause theres so many different types of chinese people in one big country and none of them have a say. I read an old article like a couple years ago that there was photos of Japanese people beheading Chinese people. And I heard those were fake photos done by chinese people. They also had a film on this rape thing and it was so exaggerated. I saw it and got nightmares because it was more of a horror movie.
6432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/13/08 , edited 4/13/08

peacelovearies wrote:

not to be mean or anything but i fully understand what meglovesya was trying to express (even tho there are some spelling errors ) and i dont think she said you said that her family eats cats and dogs i think she means that she been to more cities in china since her family is all spread cross china . and i dont think she said that eating cats and dogs does not exist in china but she is just saying that not as much people in china eats cats and dogs then people thought. and based on meglovesya's calculation 1% is alot of people so there for am sure u couldnt meet that much people and i dont think u told her well at least i didnt see you telling her that u have been to more then one villiage since everyone knows there are soo many different groups of people in china. so there for i think you shouldn't be so quick to judge since i dont think you read her post and i agress with you that poor people does eat cats and dogs more often . last but not least since neighter of you can prove what your saying this argument will not get anywhere so why dont the both of you save some strength and argue in another form


Both you don't really get it. Her family may live "all over China" but how many of them live in rural areas or poorer areas? People in rural areas basically eat whatever they can find, and wild dogs and cats are not uncommon. I've had an uncle and his friends basically pull out a dog that drowned in sewage and eat it after cleaning it out, that was and is the norm of poorer areas. Of all the rural places I've been in almost all of them eat different kinds of "unique food," and most of them include cats and/or dogs.

In case you don't know, a great deal of people in China still live in rural areas. Beef and pork are not necessarily common place food for them because of the high price. They eat whatever they can find, and frankly dog meat and cat meat is a lot fucking cheaper than pork and beef because dog and cat meat aren't exported. Assuming 20% of the rural population eat dogs and/or cats, which is an extremely low estimate and statistically around 58% of the population live in rural areas. Tell me how does than equate to less than 1%?

PS: ARRG the site keeps sending me back to the first page of every thread
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / new york
Offline
Posted 4/13/08 , edited 4/13/08

Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


youkainokagami wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


youkainokagami wrote:


Clockwise wrote:



Your entire paragraph didn't answer the question in a straight-forward manner. Also, you can't compare such harsh words with a joke that wasn't even supposed to be offensive. Did i call anyone "chink?" I don't think so. I'm also against racism, but I don't see how my joke and offensive at all.

Also, please do not comment on my diction, as all my sentences flow well with it, and I don't see a problem with it.

I repeat the question: How exactly do you find it offensive?



answer to your qestion: Read my post.


Answer to your question: Read my post (above this post), and if you are the same person, then don't reply please.


Ok, Im confused. this really is my only username on CR. I promise. I'm not peacelovearies or any other person. I'm not sure if u were telling ME not to respond or someone else, but I really didn't mean to flame and i wanted you to know that, even if I have to risk declining your request. Also, my post wasn't in the chain of quotes so i wasn't wondering if you missed it because I tried to explain why it might have been offensive. I'm sorry if you have already read it, but in case you didn't here it is again.

I hate to jump into the crossfire, I do think both of you should calm down.
1. Im not sure how am i supposed to refute this "point". Uh, i really wouldnt know if u've been to china or not and its not my decision as to what you are offended by. So i guess i have to agree with this point.

2. This thread is about china, but im not sure why anyone has to "target" anyone else. Also, I got the impression the thread was supposed to be more about China's political policies as opposed to its people and their eating habits, not that I don't like talking about food. I might be wrong, but the thread topic was a little broad, so thats just how I and I'm guess Meglovesya, took it.

3. Well, I'm chinese and I wasn't that offended by it. I think its cuz things like that bounce off me. BUT I know a lot of ppl who would be and I can definately see how it could have been offensive to other people. I think it's because we tend to associate "eating everything" to barbarism and desperation and some other negative qualities because it implies that they do not have any standards and are coarse, animalistic people. This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive. THEREFORE, I think both of you should just let this one go as an innocent misunderstanding.

4. Good to know. Neither have I.

5. Ok, a little off topic, but lets not get personal about this. And just curious, but how did "you can't spell" suddenly become "you're a fat bitch"? come on now, that's not very nice. Lets all just calm down and discuss stuff, but dont get personal with the comments.


It occurred to me that all your ideas are neutral, so I didn't find any reason to respond to that. I apologize if you thought i simply ignored it.

And for #5, I apologize for the coarse language =.=. But one of the things that I despise the most is when people blame their laziness, timelessness, etc. as an excuse.


i dont feel she is being neutral but that is in my eyes and did u just wrote that because u know u have nothing to answer back and she proved all the logic you wrote has failed ?? and if you want to talk about spelling i saw some miss spelled word on yours too. this is a from i think everyone is free to express their own ideas that includes their spelling and if it was such a big deal then the crunchyroll rules would have put no miss spelled words there for i feel that spelling isn't very important in forms, the important things is the message they try to get across, and people should use spelling as part of the arguement because it has nothing to do with the topic and plus everyone makes mistakes and i saw some spelling erros on my posts too


1. She was in fact, being neutral. Ask anyone. When I replied to her in that manner, she agreed with me. In other words, she was obviously having a neutral tone. In other words, it's your logic that fails.

2. Spelling? In case you haven't noticed, you NEVER pointed out a single spelling mistake to back up your point. Also, there is a HUGE gap between 100 spelling mistakes and 1 spelling mistake. Learn the difference. By the way, before you point out another person's spelling, check yours too. For example, "erros," "arguement." If one does not spell correctly it is very difficult to understand what they are trying to say. Spelling has EVERYTHING to do with the argument. Why, you ask? If one can't even spell correctly, it is extremely difficult to communicate, leading to the failure of exchanging information.


well i never made a big deal on how everyone should spell correctly on the forms am just simply pointing out that everyone makes mistakes and spelling does not really matter on forms since is just a way of entertainment and if the others cant read it then dont read it like what i do in many forms so anyways different people have different standards in life so therefore i really cant argue with you about that since spelling might be a very important thing to you and i have my own standards so we cant really come to an agreement on this topic because is all about ones view on things so there is no right answer or wrong answers to this i repect your opinons.

and i did say in my view that i think the girl was not being neutral so there really isnt any logic to the thing and am sure if i thought she wasnt being neutral there might be more people out there who think like me


When the author herself admitted that she was being neutral, then isn't it obvious that the contents she wrote is neutral? I'll give you EXAMPLES proving that she is neutral:

1.


I hate to jump into the crossfire, I do think both of you should calm down.


2.


THEREFORE, I think both of you should just let this one go as an innocent misunderstanding.


3.



Lets all just calm down and discuss stuff, but dont get personal with the comments.



Notice that ALL OF THESE QUOTES are trying to stop BOTH SIDES from fighting. In other words, being neutral. I hope you won't account for #5, as I have already responded to her point.

If you think she WASN'T being neutral, give me examples to PROVE IT


well i think those quotes she put, simply she just want us to stop fighting and have u looked at these comments ? if u havent well look again.



I got the impression the thread was supposed to be more about China's political policies as opposed to its people and their eating habits, not that I don't like talking about food. I might be wrong, but the thread topic was a little broad, so thats just how I and I'm guess Meglovesya, took it.



BUT I know a lot of ppl who would be and I can definately see how it could have been offensive to other people. I think it's because we tend to associate "eating everything" to barbarism and desperation and some other negative qualities because it implies that they do not have any standards and are coarse, animalistic people. This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive.


Ok, a little off topic, but lets not get personal about this. And just curious, but how did "you can't spell" suddenly become "you're a fat bitch"? come on now, that's not very nice. Lets


can u say these are neutral comments ???

78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / new york
Offline
Posted 4/13/08

Hugegnome wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:

not to be mean or anything but i fully understand what meglovesya was trying to express (even tho there are some spelling errors ) and i dont think she said you said that her family eats cats and dogs i think she means that she been to more cities in china since her family is all spread cross china . and i dont think she said that eating cats and dogs does not exist in china but she is just saying that not as much people in china eats cats and dogs then people thought. and based on meglovesya's calculation 1% is alot of people so there for am sure u couldnt meet that much people and i dont think u told her well at least i didnt see you telling her that u have been to more then one villiage since everyone knows there are soo many different groups of people in china. so there for i think you shouldn't be so quick to judge since i dont think you read her post and i agress with you that poor people does eat cats and dogs more often . last but not least since neighter of you can prove what your saying this argument will not get anywhere so why dont the both of you save some strength and argue in another form


Both you don't really get it. Her family may live "all over China" but how many of them live in rural areas or poorer areas? People in rural areas basically eat whatever they can find, and wild dogs and cats are not uncommon. I've had an uncle and his friends basically pull out a dog that drowned in sewage and eat it after cleaning it out, that was and is the norm of poorer areas. Of all the rural places I've been in almost all of them eat different kinds of "unique food," and most of them include cats and/or dogs.

In case you don't know, a great deal of people in China still live in rural areas. Beef and pork are not necessarily common place food for them because of the high price. They eat whatever they can find, and frankly dog meat and cat meat is a lot fucking cheaper than pork and beef because dog and cat meat aren't exported. Assuming 20% of the rural population eat dogs and/or cats, which is an extremely low estimate and statistically around 58% of the population live in rural areas. Tell me how does than equate to less than 1%?

PS: ARRG the site keeps sending me back to the first page of every thread


um.. how do u know some of her family members are not from rural areas ?? my mom's family lived in rural areas of china i think is in an hu or somthing like that and they dont eat cats and dogs and all those wonderful thing u said and her family does own dogs i dont see them or any of her people killing them. plus people in rural areas do own chicken, pigs, cows so u dont know what they eat unless u went to every single village in china
6432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/13/08

peacelovearies wrote:


Hugegnome wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:

not to be mean or anything but i fully understand what meglovesya was trying to express (even tho there are some spelling errors ) and i dont think she said you said that her family eats cats and dogs i think she means that she been to more cities in china since her family is all spread cross china . and i dont think she said that eating cats and dogs does not exist in china but she is just saying that not as much people in china eats cats and dogs then people thought. and based on meglovesya's calculation 1% is alot of people so there for am sure u couldnt meet that much people and i dont think u told her well at least i didnt see you telling her that u have been to more then one villiage since everyone knows there are soo many different groups of people in china. so there for i think you shouldn't be so quick to judge since i dont think you read her post and i agress with you that poor people does eat cats and dogs more often . last but not least since neighter of you can prove what your saying this argument will not get anywhere so why dont the both of you save some strength and argue in another form


Both you don't really get it. Her family may live "all over China" but how many of them live in rural areas or poorer areas? People in rural areas basically eat whatever they can find, and wild dogs and cats are not uncommon. I've had an uncle and his friends basically pull out a dog that drowned in sewage and eat it after cleaning it out, that was and is the norm of poorer areas. Of all the rural places I've been in almost all of them eat different kinds of "unique food," and most of them include cats and/or dogs.

In case you don't know, a great deal of people in China still live in rural areas. Beef and pork are not necessarily common place food for them because of the high price. They eat whatever they can find, and frankly dog meat and cat meat is a lot fucking cheaper than pork and beef because dog and cat meat aren't exported. Assuming 20% of the rural population eat dogs and/or cats, which is an extremely low estimate and statistically around 58% of the population live in rural areas. Tell me how does than equate to less than 1%?

PS: ARRG the site keeps sending me back to the first page of every thread


um.. how do u know some of her family members are not from rural areas ?? my mom's family lived in rural areas of china i think is in an hu or somthing like that and they dont eat cats and dogs and all those wonderful thing u said and her family does own dogs i dont see them or any of her people killing them. plus people in rural areas do own chicken, pigs, cows so u dont know what they eat unless u went to every single village in china


Let's assume your mother is part of the 80% of the people that don't eat dogs and cats then how about that and her family too. Does that mean everyone else in those villages they live in don't? The dogs and cats people eat tend to be ones that they find in the wild. Cows, chicken, and pigs are priced ridiculously right now, most of them would only eat it at special occasions.
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tomorow...
Offline
Posted 4/13/08
china scares me. being such a large country with such a large population and such a big influence on our economy, if china decides to pull back from us, we are DOOOOMED. but, then again, they probably wont do that, considering we also have a hand in their economical status.

in any case, they scare me.
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/13/08

s7rugg1e wrote:


ailin350 wrote:

Ok, Chinese people aren't soccer players. We are better at sports such as Ping Pong and volleyball. I don't see how the World Cup has anything to do with Communist China. It's really common to see Chinese booing Japanese national anthem because the Japanese did not apologize to the Chinese for what they did to the Chinese during the wars.


Not true, it's just that China never accepted it:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-04-22-japan-china_x.htm

This, by the way, is the most recent of a dozen or so apologies. The Chinese gov't should apologize to its own people for the tens of millions that died during the Cultural Revolution. The Chinese gov't has killed far more Chinese than the Japanese even attempted to kill.


Please understand this: the Culture Revolution occurred because of the president of China at that time, Mao. His ideas were wrong and yes, it caused the loss of lives. But, what you need to understand is that no one was supportive towards Mao and the entire government only followed what Mao asked them to do. Those people were being brain washed by Mao and I don’t think you can say it was the Chinese government’s fault.
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / new york
Offline
Posted 4/13/08 , edited 4/13/08

Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:



Your entire paragraph didn't answer the question in a straight-forward manner. Also, you can't compare such harsh words with a joke that wasn't even supposed to be offensive. Did i call anyone "chink?" I don't think so. I'm also against racism, but I don't see how my joke and offensive at all.

Also, please do not comment on my diction, as all my sentences flow well with it, and I don't see a problem with it.

I repeat the question: How exactly do you find it offensive?




let me ask u why are they harsh words?? see u and i have different standards even tho i know not to use words like japs, chink and nazis i totaly dont feel like they are harsh word and i really wont feel offened if a person call me that but to some those words are very sensitive and meglovesya is right you really dont read the post like the person above me and i quote youkainokagami

3. Well, I'm chinese and I wasn't that offended by it. I think its cuz things like that bounce off me. BUT I know a lot of ppl who would be and I can definately see how it could have been offensive to other people. I think it's because we tend to associate "eating everything" to barbarism and desperation and some other negative qualities because it implies that they do not have any standards and are coarse, animalistic people. This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive. THEREFORE, I think both of you should just let this one go as an innocent misunderstanding.

do i have to make myself anymore clear for you to understand ???


Are you the same person asyoukainokagami? (just out of curiosity)

Is it really my fault that people interpret it that way? I don't care about how others think so deep and connect eating everything with barbarianism. I merely stated a fact, period. That was all there was to it. It was up to anyone to interpret it in any way they wish. I didn't overstate, nor did I overstate. And I felt displeased with the fact that people are flaming me for merely stating a fact.


no am not that person but then again we r on the internet so there for i cant not prove it to u. like maglovesya said it is not a fact that the only thing the chinese people wont eat is a table and i think that people are flaming at you are for a good reason if today only meglovesya felt offened maybe is because she is too sensitive but i seen a few replys to your joke and it was not a positive reply and i find it annoying that you keep on insisting the joke you wrote was a fact .like you said your logic failed




i think that people are flaming at you are for a good reason if today only meglovesya felt offened maybe is because she is too sensitive but i seen a few replys to your joke and it was not a positive reply


Does the fact that "many people" are responding with a negative reply have ANYTHING to do with what we are talking about here? I truly believe not. Just because the majority thinks one way, it doesn't prove that such an action is correct. If you want an example, look at holocaust.

When I said "Chinese people eat everything," I backed it up with CONCRETE EXAMPLES. If you think otherwise, then PROVE IT with EXAMPLES, or any form of support.


Does the fact that "many people" are responding with a negative reply have ANYTHING to do with what we are talking about here? I truly believe not. Just because the majority thinks one way, it doesn't prove that such an action is correct. If you want an example, look at holocaust.

right, you are totaly right, i really think u should listen to your own comments like you said Just because the majority thinks one way, it doesn't prove that such an action is correct. so u addmit that just because majority likes to make fun of a whole population based on a group of people is not correct right ??

you know what chinese people does not eat everything if they do so does the rest of the world. i really didnt go in further study of chinese people's diet but am sure they see value in the things they eat and i thought you said you are not talking about every chinese person so therefore, i can tell u that all the chinese i know does not eat cats, dogs, snakes, monkey brains so u cant say chinese people eats everything since most of my chinese friends and their family members havent ate any of the stuff you stated in your posts. you cant judge the whole society based on a group of people is like me saying that all black people likes to eat fried chicken which is not true by the way.



Clearly, you take EVERYTHING too literally. When I said "Chinese people eat everything," did you actually think that I was saying "EVERY SINGLE Chinese eat everything." If you thought so, then clearly you are stupid (which I sincerely hope is not true). For example, when I say, "Chinese people are good at Kung Fu," Does that mean that EVERY SINGLE Chinese person is good at Kung Fu? I dont think so. I'm saying that some of the Chinese people are good at Kung Fu. Similar to this example, when I said "Chinese people eat everything," I meant some Chinese people eat just about anything. By some, I mean not a small group but a noticeable population. If only one Chinese person ate everything, then obviously I wouldn't say "Chinese people eat everthing." However, there's a noticeable population in China that DO eat everything.



well many people take stuff literaly. when i was younger i have been teased many times of how chinese eats dogs and cats and that i have eaten them too( which i soo did not) the fact is people dont really care if is only few chinese eats dogs cats and all those other animals .when they hear these jokes, comments they think that the whole chinese population eats them .they dont really sit down and do the reasearch that only a small group does and that in other country such as korea do the same thing. tell me y does everyone make a big deal that the chinese eats cats and dogs when koreans do the same thing i never saw a joke where is says what wont the koreans eat - table

and do u know what everything is ?? is the whole freaken thing. everything in the world that including human, insects, mamals, plants, birds, reptils, iam sure many chinese will feel disgusted by some animals or insects out there. since after all they are human and they are not some kinda hungray savages
269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/13/08
Stop talking about eating dogs. They are a man's best friend. Would you eat your best friend?
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / new york
Offline
Posted 4/13/08

Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


youkainokagami wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


youkainokagami wrote:


Clockwise wrote:



Your entire paragraph didn't answer the question in a straight-forward manner. Also, you can't compare such harsh words with a joke that wasn't even supposed to be offensive. Did i call anyone "chink?" I don't think so. I'm also against racism, but I don't see how my joke and offensive at all.

Also, please do not comment on my diction, as all my sentences flow well with it, and I don't see a problem with it.

I repeat the question: How exactly do you find it offensive?



answer to your qestion: Read my post.


Answer to your question: Read my post (above this post), and if you are the same person, then don't reply please.


Ok, Im confused. this really is my only username on CR. I promise. I'm not peacelovearies or any other person. I'm not sure if u were telling ME not to respond or someone else, but I really didn't mean to flame and i wanted you to know that, even if I have to risk declining your request. Also, my post wasn't in the chain of quotes so i wasn't wondering if you missed it because I tried to explain why it might have been offensive. I'm sorry if you have already read it, but in case you didn't here it is again.

I hate to jump into the crossfire, I do think both of you should calm down.
1. Im not sure how am i supposed to refute this "point". Uh, i really wouldnt know if u've been to china or not and its not my decision as to what you are offended by. So i guess i have to agree with this point.

2. This thread is about china, but im not sure why anyone has to "target" anyone else. Also, I got the impression the thread was supposed to be more about China's political policies as opposed to its people and their eating habits, not that I don't like talking about food. I might be wrong, but the thread topic was a little broad, so thats just how I and I'm guess Meglovesya, took it.

3. Well, I'm chinese and I wasn't that offended by it. I think its cuz things like that bounce off me. BUT I know a lot of ppl who would be and I can definately see how it could have been offensive to other people. I think it's because we tend to associate "eating everything" to barbarism and desperation and some other negative qualities because it implies that they do not have any standards and are coarse, animalistic people. This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive. THEREFORE, I think both of you should just let this one go as an innocent misunderstanding.

4. Good to know. Neither have I.

5. Ok, a little off topic, but lets not get personal about this. And just curious, but how did "you can't spell" suddenly become "you're a fat bitch"? come on now, that's not very nice. Lets all just calm down and discuss stuff, but dont get personal with the comments.


It occurred to me that all your ideas are neutral, so I didn't find any reason to respond to that. I apologize if you thought i simply ignored it.

And for #5, I apologize for the coarse language =.=. But one of the things that I despise the most is when people blame their laziness, timelessness, etc. as an excuse.


i dont feel she is being neutral but that is in my eyes and did u just wrote that because u know u have nothing to answer back and she proved all the logic you wrote has failed ?? and if you want to talk about spelling i saw some miss spelled word on yours too. this is a from i think everyone is free to express their own ideas that includes their spelling and if it was such a big deal then the crunchyroll rules would have put no miss spelled words there for i feel that spelling isn't very important in forms, the important things is the message they try to get across, and people should use spelling as part of the arguement because it has nothing to do with the topic and plus everyone makes mistakes and i saw some spelling erros on my posts too


1. She was in fact, being neutral. Ask anyone. When I replied to her in that manner, she agreed with me. In other words, she was obviously having a neutral tone. In other words, it's your logic that fails.

2. Spelling? In case you haven't noticed, you NEVER pointed out a single spelling mistake to back up your point. Also, there is a HUGE gap between 100 spelling mistakes and 1 spelling mistake. Learn the difference. By the way, before you point out another person's spelling, check yours too. For example, "erros," "arguement." If one does not spell correctly it is very difficult to understand what they are trying to say. Spelling has EVERYTHING to do with the argument. Why, you ask? If one can't even spell correctly, it is extremely difficult to communicate, leading to the failure of exchanging information.


well i never made a big deal on how everyone should spell correctly on the forms am just simply pointing out that everyone makes mistakes and spelling does not really matter on forms since is just a way of entertainment and if the others cant read it then dont read it like what i do in many forms so anyways different people have different standards in life so therefore i really cant argue with you about that since spelling might be a very important thing to you and i have my own standards so we cant really come to an agreement on this topic because is all about ones view on things so there is no right answer or wrong answers to this i repect your opinons.

and i did say in my view that i think the girl was not being neutral so there really isnt any logic to the thing and am sure if i thought she wasnt being neutral there might be more people out there who think like me


When the author herself admitted that she was being neutral, then isn't it obvious that the contents she wrote is neutral? I'll give you EXAMPLES proving that she is neutral:

1.


I hate to jump into the crossfire, I do think both of you should calm down.


2.


THEREFORE, I think both of you should just let this one go as an innocent misunderstanding.


3.



Lets all just calm down and discuss stuff, but dont get personal with the comments.



Notice that ALL OF THESE QUOTES are trying to stop BOTH SIDES from fighting. In other words, being neutral. I hope you won't account for #5, as I have already responded to her point.

If you think she WASN'T being neutral, give me examples to PROVE IT


well i think those quotes she put, simply she just want us to stop fighting and have u looked at these comments ? if u havent well look again.



I got the impression the thread was supposed to be more about China's political policies as opposed to its people and their eating habits, not that I don't like talking about food. I might be wrong, but the thread topic was a little broad, so thats just how I and I'm guess Meglovesya, took it.



BUT I know a lot of ppl who would be and I can definately see how it could have been offensive to other people. I think it's because we tend to associate "eating everything" to barbarism and desperation and some other negative qualities because it implies that they do not have any standards and are coarse, animalistic people. This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive.


Ok, a little off topic, but lets not get personal about this. And just curious, but how did "you can't spell" suddenly become "you're a fat bitch"? come on now, that's not very nice. Lets


can u say these are neutral comments ???




I got the impression the thread was supposed to be more about China's political policies as opposed to its people and their eating habits, not that I don't like talking about food. I might be wrong, but the thread topic was a little broad, so thats just how I and I'm guess Meglovesya, took it.


Look at the beginning of the last sentence. She said : I MIGHT BE WRONG. In other words, she is acknowledging the fact that she is not sure if she is correct. She also said, "The topic was a little broad, so that's just how I and I'm guessing, Meglovesya, took it." If you interpret it, she is stating that people have different views, which means that all of us think about things differently. In other words, that quote proves the fact that she was neutral


BUT I know a lot of ppl who would be and I can definately see how it could have been offensive to other people. I think it's because we tend to associate "eating everything" to barbarism and desperation and some other negative qualities because it implies that they do not have any standards and are coarse, animalistic people. This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive.


Look at the last couple of sentences. She wrote, "This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive." In other words, she states again that it's merely her theory. If she was truly meant to be offencive, do you think she would say "you didn't mean it to be offensive," or "It's just my theory?" I dont think so.


As for the last quote, please read my quote CAREFULLY. I already stated that I answered the last quote to her.


well she still took a stand and defened what meglovesya said. just because she uses words like my theory that does not mean she is being netral i think is because she might not want to start a whole argument with u like what am doing right now. in my post i put alot words like is my view and stuff is because i dont want to start a fight with u like what meglovesya did. and i dont want u 2 start throwing ur fuck and bitch around i simply just wanted to state my point without entering into a form war.
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / new york
Offline
Posted 4/13/08 , edited 4/13/08

Hugegnome wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Hugegnome wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:

not to be mean or anything but i fully understand what meglovesya was trying to express (even tho there are some spelling errors ) and i dont think she said you said that her family eats cats and dogs i think she means that she been to more cities in china since her family is all spread cross china . and i dont think she said that eating cats and dogs does not exist in china but she is just saying that not as much people in china eats cats and dogs then people thought. and based on meglovesya's calculation 1% is alot of people so there for am sure u couldnt meet that much people and i dont think u told her well at least i didnt see you telling her that u have been to more then one villiage since everyone knows there are soo many different groups of people in china. so there for i think you shouldn't be so quick to judge since i dont think you read her post and i agress with you that poor people does eat cats and dogs more often . last but not least since neighter of you can prove what your saying this argument will not get anywhere so why dont the both of you save some strength and argue in another form


Both you don't really get it. Her family may live "all over China" but how many of them live in rural areas or poorer areas? People in rural areas basically eat whatever they can find, and wild dogs and cats are not uncommon. I've had an uncle and his friends basically pull out a dog that drowned in sewage and eat it after cleaning it out, that was and is the norm of poorer areas. Of all the rural places I've been in almost all of them eat different kinds of "unique food," and most of them include cats and/or dogs.

In case you don't know, a great deal of people in China still live in rural areas. Beef and pork are not necessarily common place food for them because of the high price. They eat whatever they can find, and frankly dog meat and cat meat is a lot fucking cheaper than pork and beef because dog and cat meat aren't exported. Assuming 20% of the rural population eat dogs and/or cats, which is an extremely low estimate and statistically around 58% of the population live in rural areas. Tell me how does than equate to less than 1%?

PS: ARRG the site keeps sending me back to the first page of every thread


um.. how do u know some of her family members are not from rural areas ?? my mom's family lived in rural areas of china i think is in an hu or somthing like that and they dont eat cats and dogs and all those wonderful thing u said and her family does own dogs i dont see them or any of her people killing them. plus people in rural areas do own chicken, pigs, cows so u dont know what they eat unless u went to every single village in china


Let's assume your mother is part of the 80% of the people that don't eat dogs and cats then how about that and her family too. Does that mean everyone else in those villages they live in don't? The dogs and cats people eat tend to be ones that they find in the wild. Cows, chicken, and pigs are priced ridiculously right now, most of them would only eat it at special occasions.


in most part of china u dont see wild dogs only homless dogs that people didnt want. if those village are really that poor how can they afford to buy dogs cats and stuff?? and even if they find one y dont they just sell it since " amount of people eats dogs and cats there" i really dont think meat will cost less then veg. and how popualted can a little village be ?? a little village in china isnt very big, there is only a number of people most are in cities these days since is easier to find jobs there. so even if alot of the village eats dogs and cats in total there cant be more then 9999999 ppl that does and that is not even close to 1 % of the chinese population. chinas population in 2007 is 1,321,851,888 in beijing let alone there is 17.4 million people and i dont think they eat any of those stuff ,since frist people there owns pets and treat them as pets, and second there are alot of westerns. oh and let me tell u where my mom lived is pretty poor yet i still see dogs and cats pretty alive there.
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / new york
Offline
Posted 4/13/08

Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


peacelovearies wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


youkainokagami wrote:


Clockwise wrote:


youkainokagami wrote:


Clockwise wrote:



Your entire paragraph didn't answer the question in a straight-forward manner. Also, you can't compare such harsh words with a joke that wasn't even supposed to be offensive. Did i call anyone "chink?" I don't think so. I'm also against racism, but I don't see how my joke and offensive at all.

Also, please do not comment on my diction, as all my sentences flow well with it, and I don't see a problem with it.

I repeat the question: How exactly do you find it offensive?



answer to your qestion: Read my post.


Answer to your question: Read my post (above this post), and if you are the same person, then don't reply please.


Ok, Im confused. this really is my only username on CR. I promise. I'm not peacelovearies or any other person. I'm not sure if u were telling ME not to respond or someone else, but I really didn't mean to flame and i wanted you to know that, even if I have to risk declining your request. Also, my post wasn't in the chain of quotes so i wasn't wondering if you missed it because I tried to explain why it might have been offensive. I'm sorry if you have already read it, but in case you didn't here it is again.

I hate to jump into the crossfire, I do think both of you should calm down.
1. Im not sure how am i supposed to refute this "point". Uh, i really wouldnt know if u've been to china or not and its not my decision as to what you are offended by. So i guess i have to agree with this point.

2. This thread is about china, but im not sure why anyone has to "target" anyone else. Also, I got the impression the thread was supposed to be more about China's political policies as opposed to its people and their eating habits, not that I don't like talking about food. I might be wrong, but the thread topic was a little broad, so thats just how I and I'm guess Meglovesya, took it.

3. Well, I'm chinese and I wasn't that offended by it. I think its cuz things like that bounce off me. BUT I know a lot of ppl who would be and I can definately see how it could have been offensive to other people. I think it's because we tend to associate "eating everything" to barbarism and desperation and some other negative qualities because it implies that they do not have any standards and are coarse, animalistic people. This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive. THEREFORE, I think both of you should just let this one go as an innocent misunderstanding.

4. Good to know. Neither have I.

5. Ok, a little off topic, but lets not get personal about this. And just curious, but how did "you can't spell" suddenly become "you're a fat bitch"? come on now, that's not very nice. Lets all just calm down and discuss stuff, but dont get personal with the comments.


It occurred to me that all your ideas are neutral, so I didn't find any reason to respond to that. I apologize if you thought i simply ignored it.

And for #5, I apologize for the coarse language =.=. But one of the things that I despise the most is when people blame their laziness, timelessness, etc. as an excuse.


i dont feel she is being neutral but that is in my eyes and did u just wrote that because u know u have nothing to answer back and she proved all the logic you wrote has failed ?? and if you want to talk about spelling i saw some miss spelled word on yours too. this is a from i think everyone is free to express their own ideas that includes their spelling and if it was such a big deal then the crunchyroll rules would have put no miss spelled words there for i feel that spelling isn't very important in forms, the important things is the message they try to get across, and people should use spelling as part of the arguement because it has nothing to do with the topic and plus everyone makes mistakes and i saw some spelling erros on my posts too


1. She was in fact, being neutral. Ask anyone. When I replied to her in that manner, she agreed with me. In other words, she was obviously having a neutral tone. In other words, it's your logic that fails.

2. Spelling? In case you haven't noticed, you NEVER pointed out a single spelling mistake to back up your point. Also, there is a HUGE gap between 100 spelling mistakes and 1 spelling mistake. Learn the difference. By the way, before you point out another person's spelling, check yours too. For example, "erros," "arguement." If one does not spell correctly it is very difficult to understand what they are trying to say. Spelling has EVERYTHING to do with the argument. Why, you ask? If one can't even spell correctly, it is extremely difficult to communicate, leading to the failure of exchanging information.


well i never made a big deal on how everyone should spell correctly on the forms am just simply pointing out that everyone makes mistakes and spelling does not really matter on forms since is just a way of entertainment and if the others cant read it then dont read it like what i do in many forms so anyways different people have different standards in life so therefore i really cant argue with you about that since spelling might be a very important thing to you and i have my own standards so we cant really come to an agreement on this topic because is all about ones view on things so there is no right answer or wrong answers to this i repect your opinons.

and i did say in my view that i think the girl was not being neutral so there really isnt any logic to the thing and am sure if i thought she wasnt being neutral there might be more people out there who think like me


When the author herself admitted that she was being neutral, then isn't it obvious that the contents she wrote is neutral? I'll give you EXAMPLES proving that she is neutral:

1.


I hate to jump into the crossfire, I do think both of you should calm down.


2.


THEREFORE, I think both of you should just let this one go as an innocent misunderstanding.


3.



Lets all just calm down and discuss stuff, but dont get personal with the comments.



Notice that ALL OF THESE QUOTES are trying to stop BOTH SIDES from fighting. In other words, being neutral. I hope you won't account for #5, as I have already responded to her point.

If you think she WASN'T being neutral, give me examples to PROVE IT


well i think those quotes she put, simply she just want us to stop fighting and have u looked at these comments ? if u havent well look again.



I got the impression the thread was supposed to be more about China's political policies as opposed to its people and their eating habits, not that I don't like talking about food. I might be wrong, but the thread topic was a little broad, so thats just how I and I'm guess Meglovesya, took it.



BUT I know a lot of ppl who would be and I can definately see how it could have been offensive to other people. I think it's because we tend to associate "eating everything" to barbarism and desperation and some other negative qualities because it implies that they do not have any standards and are coarse, animalistic people. This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive.


Ok, a little off topic, but lets not get personal about this. And just curious, but how did "you can't spell" suddenly become "you're a fat bitch"? come on now, that's not very nice. Lets


can u say these are neutral comments ???




I got the impression the thread was supposed to be more about China's political policies as opposed to its people and their eating habits, not that I don't like talking about food. I might be wrong, but the thread topic was a little broad, so thats just how I and I'm guess Meglovesya, took it.


Look at the beginning of the last sentence. She said : I MIGHT BE WRONG. In other words, she is acknowledging the fact that she is not sure if she is correct. She also said, "The topic was a little broad, so that's just how I and I'm guessing, Meglovesya, took it." If you interpret it, she is stating that people have different views, which means that all of us think about things differently. In other words, that quote proves the fact that she was neutral


BUT I know a lot of ppl who would be and I can definately see how it could have been offensive to other people. I think it's because we tend to associate "eating everything" to barbarism and desperation and some other negative qualities because it implies that they do not have any standards and are coarse, animalistic people. This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive.


Look at the last couple of sentences. She wrote, "This is just my theory. However, the fact that you didnt understand it was offensive means that you didn't mean for it to be offensive." In other words, she states again that it's merely her theory. If she was truly meant to be offencive, do you think she would say "you didn't mean it to be offensive," or "It's just my theory?" I dont think so.


As for the last quote, please read my quote CAREFULLY. I already stated that I answered the last quote to her.


well she still took a stand and defened what meglovesya said. just because she uses words like my theory that does not mean she is being netral i think is because she might not want to start a whole argument with u like what am doing right now. in my post i put alot words like is my view and stuff is because i dont want to start a fight with u like what meglovesya did. and i dont want u 2 start throwing ur fuck and bitch around i simply just wanted to state my point without entering into a form war.


I don't remember throwing a "fuck" or "bitch" at you. If I did, then I apologize



well she still took a stand and defened what meglovesya said.


She surely did, but she NEVER FAILED TO STAY NEUTRAL. She never said that ONE SIDE WAS RIGHT.
In other words, she was neutral.


well if you feel that way then okay because i cant really change ones view on thing since am not them look at hitler he was soo wrong yet he didnt feel like what he did was wrong so there for everyone is different
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/13/08
^Clockwise, I am surprised that your account didn't get nuked. Just stop bashing.
First  Prev  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.