Remove this ad
First  Prev  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  Next  Last
Post Reply Communist China
Posted 5/1/08

blakram74 wrote:


goldengoat55555 wrote:


blakram74 wrote:


goldengoat55555 wrote:


blakram74 wrote:


goldengoat55555 wrote:


blakram74 wrote:


xgk3000 wrote:


blakram74 wrote:


azera wrote:


I would like China become superpower than USA. US government are like pest to the East.


Not happening China while full of resources owes much of it's current development to the U.S. While the poverty line has risen the force behind said movement has been American. So don't bite the hand that feeds you. China now is in an industrial area and may stand to become a worldwide provider of resources, however the technological advancements of said country are far behind those of the other superpowers and especially the U.S. China is a great place but surpassing the U.S? Don't hold your breath...Change is upon us, in the next year you'll see a renewed United States Of America....


hey u can say the same about US that america own much of it's developments to china or asian countries and u have to put in the fact that china have the upper hand since america owe china so much debt like around a couple trillions


Actually not in the trillions and this is because a little over 5 years ago, American took on China's full debt, to allow for the progress they enjoy today. The symbiotic relationship was introduced by America, and although few want to admit it, America is still carrying China on it's back. One day soon China will establish itself, however it would never have done so alone. America gave China this opportunity...


if your gonna say something like that then we can mention something about africa here, america gave africa HIV and aids...lol


Africa had AIDS prior to any American involvement, and if I remember correctly Brittian gave the whole world a plethera of diseases: remember small pox or the black plague? An' how can we forget those wonderful ethical relations called the crusades...Know from which you speak, before you speak...


well aids is a man made disease that was created by an american. also so what if britain gave the world a disease, hitler tried to kill rest of the world and he doesn't get any praise, go give your praises to him.


No Britain gave the world many diseases, subjegated and murdered many people. Hitler was horrible but was it not Britain's fear of war that led to his rise in power. Even the country that "god saves the queen" did nothing but allow what would of been a border scirmish become a world war...



i agree about britain, however america is also a shit hole and it should be "god save america" with george bush being your representative



Correction the Bushes are shitholes, George Dubya being the biggest pile of steaming cow dung to ever grace god's green earth. I and much of young America see the old leadership for what it it separatist, prejudiced and outdated. Come the turn of the year and you'll see the beginnings of a new more globally vested America...The poltical climate has changed here, and the change will come whether bureaucrats like it or not. Remember these words, because we will change the status quo because, " Yes We Can..."


i hope so that you young americans(even though your 24 and live about a 3rd of your life) do not follow the path of saluting george bush, however instead you young americans have already supported people like 50 cent and eminem who has not done a thing for america. i mean george bush did not allow gay marriages to be legal and for that he gains my support.
3231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/1/08
My friend was born in Beijing. He will be going back to China to see the Olympics.
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 5/1/08

blakram74 wrote:


azera wrote:


I would like China become superpower than USA. US government are like pest to the East.


Not happening China while full of resources owes much of it's current development to the U.S. While the poverty line has risen the force behind said movement has been American. So don't bite the hand that feeds you. China now is in an industrial area and may stand to become a worldwide provider of resources, however the technological advancements of said country are far behind those of the other superpowers and especially the U.S. China is a great place but surpassing the U.S? Don't hold your breath...Change is upon us, in the next year you'll see a renewed United States Of America....


I think thats not the problem wat i refer to.

I mean they keep harrassing on China about Tibet. And they planned to boycott it. Omg this is East problem not West.Why need West to interupt Chinese affairs. Let China handle the Tibet situation. This is the worst Olympic games ever. Its not about economy or social related and watsoever. Its a world event, why need to disturb China about some small Tibet situation, i pity them much.

20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 5/1/08
easy,

George Bush is Gay
3144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Highlands
Offline
Posted 5/1/08

goldengoat55555 wrote:


xgk3000 wrote:


goldengoat55555 wrote:


Keitaro-san wrote:

lol China would become the next super power hell yea....


you: " hello sir how can i help you?"

me: "i'll have a number one to go please"

you "yes sir that will be 498 yen"

me: "here you go and you forgot to say 'please' as were all supposedly, being polite to each other"

you "i'm sorry but heres your food"




also u know thatS JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!


it was supposedly to be a joke people,what has happened to people's sense of humor? i mean come on, look at the guy, he couldn't sell that dish even if they were giving it away for free, either way the chinese and japanese lookalike anyway as they all tend to dye their hair outrages colours


lol
3039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Northfield, Minne...
Offline
Posted 5/1/08

keelo wrote:

Discuss anything related to this wonderful and ancient nation. I'll start it off. did you know that china has this one law that prohibits women from having more than one child


How's China wonderful if its Communist... isn't communist bad
9546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 5/1/08

Spearoz wrote:


keelo wrote:

Discuss anything related to this wonderful and ancient nation. I'll start it off. did you know that china has this one law that prohibits women from having more than one child


How's China wonderful if its Communist... isn't communist bad


it has both positive ,and negative effects just like any other system. it provides jobs for everyone;but,the person in question may not work as hard because they do not like their job. capitalism provides a fair overall government with powers spread out;but,not everyone will have a job. some people will even be homeless.
right now at this point china is leading more toward a socialist government. socialism combines things from both capitalism, and communism. the bad thing about this is very high taxes.
14434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Moving around or...
Offline
Posted 5/1/08

Spearoz wrote:


keelo wrote:

Discuss anything related to this wonderful and ancient nation. I'll start it off. did you know that china has this one law that prohibits women from having more than one child


How's China wonderful if its Communist... isn't communist bad


It depends how you look at it. Every government isn't perfect, it just depends who's in control. Most western countries, the democratic ones, mainly USA, tend to be a bit bias against Communism, since they all want to fight against it. So if you live in one of those countries, you'll naturally think Communism is bad, with help from your government. However, Communism right now really is working miracles in China, looking at it's growth rate. If Communism were in fact truly Communism, as in everyone IS equal in every way, it might be a dream government, counting that everyone works hard as well. Right now, the form of Communism in China is more lenient and more democratic, and it seems to be perfectly fine. Really, Communism was only made to look bad because of certain Communist leaders such as Mao, Pol Pot, etc. whom used lots of force on the citizens. However, democracy has had its bad leaders too, such as Bush, Nixon, etc., it's just that they didn't have the power to kill their citizens and enforce their own laws.
398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / californiaaaa!
Offline
Posted 5/1/08

Spearoz wrote:


keelo wrote:

Discuss anything related to this wonderful and ancient nation. I'll start it off. did you know that china has this one law that prohibits women from having more than one child


How's China wonderful if its Communist... isn't communist bad


Communism isn't BAD. It just doesn't work.
9546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ninja mode
Offline
Posted 5/1/08

FatedEmperor wrote:


Spearoz wrote:


keelo wrote:

Discuss anything related to this wonderful and ancient nation. I'll start it off. did you know that china has this one law that prohibits women from having more than one child


How's China wonderful if its Communist... isn't communist bad


It depends how you look at it. Every government isn't perfect, it just depends who's in control. Most western countries, the democratic ones, mainly USA, tend to be a bit bias against Communism, since they all want to fight against it. So if you live in one of those countries, you'll naturally think Communism is bad, with help from your government. However, Communism right now really is working miracles in China, looking at it's growth rate. If Communism were in fact truly Communism, as in everyone IS equal in every way, it might be a dream government, counting that everyone works hard as well. Right now, the form of Communism in China is more lenient and more democratic, and it seems to be perfectly fine. Really, Communism was only made to look bad because of certain Communist leaders such as Mao, Pol Pot, etc. whom used lots of force on the citizens. However, democracy has had its bad leaders too, such as Bush, Nixon, etc., it's just that they didn't have the power to kill their citizens and enforce their own laws.


true! bush is one of the biggest idiots to ever run this nation! the fact that he had to cheat to become president is just low in my book!
14434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Moving around or...
Offline
Posted 5/1/08 , edited 5/1/08

keelo wrote:


goldengoat55555 wrote:


blakram74 wrote:


xgk3000 wrote:


blakram74 wrote:


azera wrote:


I would like China become superpower than USA. US government are like pest to the East.


Not happening China while full of resources owes much of it's current development to the U.S. While the poverty line has risen the force behind said movement has been American. So don't bite the hand that feeds you. China now is in an industrial area and may stand to become a worldwide provider of resources, however the technological advancements of said country are far behind those of the other superpowers and especially the U.S. China is a great place but surpassing the U.S? Don't hold your breath...Change is upon us, in the next year you'll see a renewed United States Of America....


hey u can say the same about US that america own much of it's developments to china or asian countries and u have to put in the fact that china have the upper hand since america owe china so much debt like around a couple trillions


Actually not in the trillions and this is because a little over 5 years ago, American took on China's full debt, to allow for the progress they enjoy today. The symbiotic relationship was introduced by America, and although few want to admit it, America is still carrying China on it's back. One day soon China will establish itself, however it would never have done so alone. America gave China this opportunity...


if your gonna say something like that then we can mention something about africa here, america gave africa HIV and aids...lol


I thought aids came from Africa.


America never took on China's debt, where did you get that idea? You're wrong about America not owing trillions to China still, that debt was never paid back and has gradually increased. Yes you're right, America had been carrying China on its back, but China is getting a bit too heavy and America is starting to get old and weak. Especially with their trade deficit, China earns much from exporting to the US while importing little back. And really, technology is not always made over time. China can get it in other ways such as secretly taking them without saying anything, or get it from other countries. You won't believe how hard the US cracks down on when involving technology being introduced to China.


itzuhJohnn wrote:

Communism isn't BAD. It just doesn't work.


It's working fine in China. So you can't really say it isn't working.

p.s. Communist China just created the most advanced airport in the world.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/02/business/worldbusiness/02terminal.html?ref=worldbusiness

20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 5/2/08
Communist doesnt mean BAD. Dun worry guys China wont follow to much Soviet styled communism. Communist now are better.

Exerpt for North Korea.
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 5/4/08

keelo wrote:


FatedEmperor wrote:


Spearoz wrote:


keelo wrote:

Discuss anything related to this wonderful and ancient nation. I'll start it off. did you know that china has this one law that prohibits women from having more than one child


How's China wonderful if its Communist... isn't communist bad


It depends how you look at it. Every government isn't perfect, it just depends who's in control. Most western countries, the democratic ones, mainly USA, tend to be a bit bias against Communism, since they all want to fight against it. So if you live in one of those countries, you'll naturally think Communism is bad, with help from your government. However, Communism right now really is working miracles in China, looking at it's growth rate. If Communism were in fact truly Communism, as in everyone IS equal in every way, it might be a dream government, counting that everyone works hard as well. Right now, the form of Communism in China is more lenient and more democratic, and it seems to be perfectly fine. Really, Communism was only made to look bad because of certain Communist leaders such as Mao, Pol Pot, etc. whom used lots of force on the citizens. However, democracy has had its bad leaders too, such as Bush, Nixon, etc., it's just that they didn't have the power to kill their citizens and enforce their own laws.


true! bush is one of the biggest idiots to ever run this nation! the fact that he had to cheat to become president is just low in my book!


Since he became president, he even more idiot than 6 billion ppl combined world population!!!
3178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Nottingham or Man...
Offline
Posted 5/4/08

goldengoat55555 wrote:


Ketsuen wrote:


emily_92 wrote:

err guys...
this topic is getting veery dangerous considering the censorship in china nowadays.
which is really kiling
because i have SO much to say about china. (i live in hong kong btw).

but i would say this. everything that is happening in china nowadays - the poverty, the terrible human rights is NOT the chinese people's fault. it's our government.. and although most mainland chinese people have bad manners, don't blame them. blame the people who deprived them of their education.
chinese people DO have decency. or rather... chinese people DID have decency.

it sickens me sometimes hearing the US and Britain talk about 'human rights' in china, and all these crazy people doing things to stop the beijing olympics:
1) if you're so against the olympics held in beijing, why was nothing said before the dai lai lama came out to cause all this raucus? i didn't hear anything complain a while back when it was first announced. and don't lie by saying no one knew about the human rights issue in china. don't lie about not knowing about tibet. everyone knew. so if no one complained then when something COULD be done to change the decision, if no one protested then when it was first decided, DON'T PROTEST NOW!. geez. i know it's so 'cool' to seem like you're so liberal and into human rights but THINK. don't just join every single human rights campaign or 'lets all fight against evil government etc' group cos it makes you sound good.
2) the BRITISH people weren't exactly all 'human rights' before. the reason why south east asia is so poor and deprived now? western countries invaded us before (if people can still remember), and treated asians like slaves. they took over us and used us for their own economic interests. China was torn apart by foreign dominance. i don't know what that is called, but it SOUNDS like it wasn't exactly a UN agreed thing.
3) tibet WAS part of china. it was ever since the SUNG dynasty. okay we know that the china invaded tibet at the time, but EVER since then it was part of us. okay? that's the same as australia being an independent country before england decided to use it as its own little prison. and now? sure australia is a separate country, but its made up of english people. the indigenous? forgotten and segregated.



1.Why you bitching about Britain? We only had an empire TIME AGO, and people are different.
2.The UN didn't fucking exist try the LofN.
3. The indigenous peoples haven't been forgotten retard, people still study them in History class and feel ashamed for what we did.
4. People were protesting before the whole olympic torch situation, but obviously it just didn't make as much news.
5. People don't protest to sound good. They protest to get their view across and to try and make an impact.


like sorry ketsuen, but emily_92 is right. i mean britain is a shit hole and i'm from the heart of england 'london'. the football team is shit as well as the olympic team and that is why england/britain can't win nothing, because they are fourth best. which also explains why the AA is the fourth emergency services in the UK. lol


LOL. I know, but what does this have to do with England being shit in world cup? This is meant to be on how wrong emily_92 is to assume that it is modern Britain's fault for China being a shithole. It's just not.
6072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / the 650
Offline
Posted 5/4/08
well i dont really know much about china and all the stories i hear about them are proabably a lot more exaggerated than they should be.

all i know is that because of the Olympics thing, a lot more pressure is being put on china about social rights and crap. i bet having the olympics was just an excuse so they can openly pressure china into more "capitalist" ways haha
Posted 5/6/08
Britain stole China's precious treasures and still didn't give them back. I believe that the British better start thinking about giving them back really soon.
1872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/8/08 , edited 5/8/08

InnerdArkness wrote:

Britain stole China's precious treasures and still didn't give them back. I believe that the British better start thinking about giving them back really soon.


and then remember china trashed a whole load themselves during the cultural revolution...unfortunately this has also contributed to the shortage of treasures within china.
also, when the communists took control of china from the republicans,and the republicans ran to taiwan they took the bulk of the remaining treasures with them to taiwan. Taiwan in fact has more of chinas treasure than britain has.

in fact if you add up the treasures housed in taiwan and those destroyed in china during the cultural revolution, and compared this to the amount housed in britain, you would find the treasures housed in britain to be the far smaller amount.

lets remember, it wasnt the average british person in the street who took these treasures, and i could pretty much guarentee you that today the majority of british people would frown upon the plundering of other peoples national treasures and the british people actually have very little no no say on their being housed in britain. EVERY country has done things in the past which its present citizens maybe shouldnt be proud of, but it doesnt make them responsible for it.

i think in an ideal world the bulk of peoples cultural heritage would be housed in their own country, with enough peices donated in various museums around the world so that people in other countries can view them and learn about and appreciate other cultures. museum owners and archeologists etc though are obsessively protective and clingy about artifacts in their care. often because they are so aware of the entire history of the regions and so especially when they fear they may be damaged, destroyed, or that they will be restricted from public view. these people of course are a far cry from the people who regretfully pillaged and destroyed the imperial palaces etc. they have far too much respect for the items to risk damaging any of them.

i think in todays political climate it is unlikely that Britain will return these, but again, this has got nothing to do with british citizens, just as any peverse actions taken by the chinese government is not the fault of the chinese people.


EDIT: how odd you live in taiwan and didnt know this. are you part of the 50% who consider yourself part of china (im assuming from your post) or the 50% who considers themselves independant from china (as you have a seperate government)? maybe you would want taiwan to send 50% of the chinese treasure in your museums back to china?


First  Prev  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.