First  Prev  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  Next  Last
Post Reply Communist China
Posted 5/9/08

itzuhJohnn wrote:


Spearoz wrote:


keelo wrote:

Discuss anything related to this wonderful and ancient nation. I'll start it off. did you know that china has this one law that prohibits women from having more than one child


How's China wonderful if its Communist... isn't communist bad


Communism isn't BAD. It just doesn't work.


lol, i agree
Posted 5/9/08 , edited 5/9/08
Like I said before, the KMT who came to Taiwan in 1949 stole the treasures. If I were the ones managing the treasures, I would be more than happy to send them back to China. I hate the KMT to its very core. Don't talk like KMT=Taiwan. That kind of ignorant talk just pisses me off. Half of Taiwan does not like the KMT. Also, the common misconception is that most of Taiwanese who came to Taiwan came during the late 1940s. That's a blatant lie portrayed by the KMT/CCP to the world. Around 85% of Taiwanese have ancestors who came to Taiwan before the Japanese Empire took over (aka before 1949), with around 90% of that group coming to Taiwan during the 1700s to 1800s. The KMT not only stole the wealth of China, they stole the wealth of Taiwanese as well. Don't talk like it's TAIWAN who stole China's wealth. It's the KMT who stole China's wealth. Learn to differentiate between KMT and Taiwan, political party and nation.
1872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/9/08 , edited 5/9/08

InnerdArkness wrote:

Like I said before, the KMT who came to Taiwan in 1949 stole the treasures. If I were the ones managing the treasures, I would be more than happy to send them back to China. I hate the KMT to its very core. Don't talk like KMT=Taiwan. That kind of ignorant talk just pisses me off. Half of Taiwan does not like the KMT. Also, the common misconception is that most of Taiwanese who came to Taiwan came during the late 1940s. That's a blatant lie portrayed by the KMT/CCP to the world. Around 85% of Taiwanese have ancestors who came to Taiwan before the Japanese Empire took over (aka before 1949), with around 90% of that group coming to Taiwan during the 1700s to 1800s. The KMT not only stole the wealth of China, they stole the wealth of Taiwanese as well. Don't talk like it's TAIWAN who stole China's wealth. It's the KMT who stole China's wealth. Learn to differentiate between KMT and Taiwan, political party and nation.



i think you should learn to read before you rant.

i never said that the KMT= Taiwan. that is how you CHOSE to read what i said. what i said was that chinas treasures were taken to Taiwan and they are still there. thats just a fact. so dont call people ignorant when you are guilty of not being able to read what people have written. it only makes you look silly.

i also never said that taiwanese came to china and stole its wealth, i said it was TAKEN TO TAIWAN. which it was, and by your own admission it is still there. so there you are, not bothering to actually read whats being written properly again.

my point was WHY, knowing about the items from china in Taiwan, did you chose to totally omit this and merely make an inflammatory remark about the Imperialist British (who dont actually exist anymore by the way) as though we were the lone gunmen in this whole affair. dont you think if you were going to make a point like you did about returning chinas treasures you could have mentioned your own countries history as well?
i was remarking about how you ommited this, and chose to just make certain remarks about Britain. i would suggest you were embarassed about a period in YOUR history, and it is your history, good or bad, and so just chose to be a hypocrite when you should have known better and make remarks about another nation exactly like those that you dislike about your own. i would think if you feel so strongly about this particular period in history that you would empathise with the british people for having a similar history with regards to stolen treasures.

its interesting to me that you will argue the distinction between the taiwanese people and the KMT, and yet you refer to imperialist Britain, when we arent anymore? dont you think you could extend the british people the same courtesy you would like the taiwanese people to be extended?

if you would be happy to send chinas treasures back, dont make the assumption that the british people dont think the same way about the ones here.
Posted 5/9/08
//before being prompted to fess up to your own country having more than its fair share of china's wealth?//

I just read it that way. I'm sorry, but I usually think too much when I read. Sorry about that.
Posted 5/9/08
And the KMT considers themselves Chinese. I consider myself Taiwanese, so technically they're not from the same country.
1872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/9/08

InnerdArkness wrote:

//before being prompted to fess up to your own country having more than its fair share of china's wealth?//

I just read it that way. I'm sorry, but I usually think too much when I read. Sorry about that.



lol thats ok, i can respect someone who has the balls to admit they made a cock-up
7111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/9/08
they hid tankman
278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/9/08

FlyinAsian wrote:

YES we eat dog meat! Is that a problem? ITS MEAT. Cows are sacred to many people from india and yet you americans don't have a problem eating them by millions. Its called different cultures. Also just because i'm fucking chinese doesn't mean I'm going to steal your dog and eat it for christ sakes.



The reason why we find it so disturbing is that dogs are pets. They are like another member of our family so that's the main reason. Also dogs were breed to be man's best friend if you know what I mean.

Don't Koreans also eat dogs? I even had a Korean friend who told us she's ate dogs before (she came from Korea about 2 years ago).



12988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
could ppl please get over the whole..."dog eating thing"
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
Filipinos also eat Dog Meat for annual events like some squatter party.
(Usually done by poor Filipino people that doesn't have enough money to buy much more rich meat.)
Instead, these people will just go to some streets and will look for stray dogs. poor dogs..

*cough* on topic... I think China is a really great country. Communism suits them best.
I won't think about the negatives, so don't bother me xD
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6HIavxnUHls
1260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/10/08 , edited 5/10/08
china is communist but they arnt bad. theyre cool with every country
3929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / My body lives in...
Offline
Posted 5/10/08

keelo wrote:

Discuss anything related to this wonderful and ancient nation. I'll start it off. did you know that china has this one law that prohibits women from having more than one child


i think for more than 1 child you get fined and if your first child is a girl you can have another and hope the next it is a boy and with this law they sell an excess child so as not to get fined and punished. the babies with dark skin and flat noses are sold lesser than their opposites.
1056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Irvine, CA
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
Go to China AND Taiwan quite often (put it that way so as not to offend anyone hopefully). Honestly they are two different countries, but it really wouldn't do anything but benefit both sides if Taiwan was willing to identify itself as a part of China. I mean, just look at the way Hong Kong turned out. They're practically independent of China as far as governing goes, and I'm sure the same courtesy would be extended to Taiwan. 一國兩制 if you know what I mean. :]
2811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Intel i7
Offline
Posted 5/10/08
u guys are all messed up this is Americas racist effects this is why ppl hate it now
Posted 5/10/08

princess_4eva wrote:

could ppl please get over the whole..."dog eating thing"


I could not agree more. I don't like it at all, but I don't get hung up on it. If cows and pigs were pets, people would find eating it just as disgusting, It's just that people way, way back then chose not to think of them this way, so it seems less disgusting to most people in the world to eat beef and pork than to eat dogs.
First  Prev  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.