First  Prev  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  Next  Last
Post Reply Communist China
7285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/15/08

geeene_16 wrote:

China is just making up for the times lost of not modernizing itself. Personally, I think China, 5 years or more from now would be the world's superpower. It's obvious they have this tight schedule to get things done and over with, like I said, making up for the time they lost. They're the fastest industrializing country in the world. It was only about 1940's that they really started to modernize their country and culture, and to change age-old traditions and ruling. Just more than a half century ago, and look at them now... Although, their means of production and the way they extort labor is a bit... extreme (?). I think when everything has reached a plateau, the government would start to think more of its people. I know for a fact that China has the oldest people and upholds continuous 'ancient' civilizations dating 6 millennia ago. (T.T") personally, Chinese history is one of the most interesting and fascinating pieces of world history. I mean, almost everything we use were from the Chinese people. Most of the food we eat were inspired by Chinese food. The ideas we have especially in military terms (The Art of War bu Sun Tzu)....China is just wow. Great philosophies, Confucianism, enough said.
Pollution, extortion, violence, and poverty, those are all stages. It will just take one great leader with loyal supporters to change all those. This applies to any other nation as well. U.S.A wouldn't be like this, if it wasn't for China granting their production. Practically almost everything comes from China. (T.T")


I totally agree with you. People always look at China as "The Communist" but they never notice the great accomplishments that China has done.
Posted 5/15/08 , edited 5/15/08

snottyenglishgirl wrote:





geeene_16 wrote:

Most of the food we eat were inspired by Chinese food. (T.T")



hot dogs, muffins, oatmeal raisin cookies, pizza, steak and kidney pie, apple pie, mashed potatoes, tiramissu, french fries, fish and chips, the mars bar, roast chicken, the hamburger, the sandwich, sushi, chickin tikka masala, french onion soup, stop me when i hit something chinese

(its a known fact that until we discovered china, none of us ate...)



I stopped you on your 4th food name. Pizza was in fact a failed attempt at making Chinese Steamed Pancakes. Good game.
1872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/15/08

ohpooey wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:

China is just making up for the times lost of not modernizing itself. Personally, I think China, 5 years or more from now would be the world's superpower. It's obvious they have this tight schedule to get things done and over with, like I said, making up for the time they lost. They're the fastest industrializing country in the world. It was only about 1940's that they really started to modernize their country and culture, and to change age-old traditions and ruling. Just more than a half century ago, and look at them now... Although, their means of production and the way they extort labor is a bit... extreme (?). I think when everything has reached a plateau, the government would start to think more of its people. I know for a fact that China has the oldest people and upholds continuous 'ancient' civilizations dating 6 millennia ago. (T.T") personally, Chinese history is one of the most interesting and fascinating pieces of world history. I mean, almost everything we use were from the Chinese people. Most of the food we eat were inspired by Chinese food. The ideas we have especially in military terms (The Art of War bu Sun Tzu)....China is just wow. Great philosophies, Confucianism, enough said.
Pollution, extortion, violence, and poverty, those are all stages. It will just take one great leader with loyal supporters to change all those. This applies to any other nation as well. U.S.A wouldn't be like this, if it wasn't for China granting their production. Practically almost everything comes from China. (T.T")


I totally agree with you. People always look at China as "The Communist" but they never notice the great accomplishments that China has done.



lets remember the thread isnt about china in general, its about communist china, thats why people are talking about communism

it isnt a thread about chinese culture

people are very aware that theres more to china than communism
Posted 5/15/08

gazerocksnotdead wrote:


FlyinAsian wrote:

Looks like me being the Chinese person around here I'll have to clear a few things up, so many misconceptions about China.

You ARE allowed to have more than one child just that you either have to pay a higher tax (according to my S.S teacher) or something like that. Many people in rural areas have multiple children and don't get fined.

YES we eat dog meat! Is that a problem? ITS MEAT. Cows are sacred to many people from india and yet you americans don't have a problem eating them by millions. Its called different cultures. Also just because i'm fucking chinese doesn't mean I'm going to steal your dog and eat it for christ sakes.

I am against the China's government policies but hell the U.S isn't that much better, nice job getting into a worthless war.


If your comeback to a few comments about dog meat which was said from someone not even in America is too trash talk America you failed. And stop eating man's best friend Humans have meat, No Doesn't mean you should eat it.


What? That was a general statement, it wasn't even directed at anyone specifically. It looks like a person failed at distinguishing the diversity of different cultures. Did he state that he eats dogs? Because I don't think I was experiencing any vertigo. Next time, think more than three times before you say something platitudinous. You need it.
7285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/15/08

snottyenglishgirl wrote:


ohpooey wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:

China is just making up for the times lost of not modernizing itself. Personally, I think China, 5 years or more from now would be the world's superpower. It's obvious they have this tight schedule to get things done and over with, like I said, making up for the time they lost. They're the fastest industrializing country in the world. It was only about 1940's that they really started to modernize their country and culture, and to change age-old traditions and ruling. Just more than a half century ago, and look at them now... Although, their means of production and the way they extort labor is a bit... extreme (?). I think when everything has reached a plateau, the government would start to think more of its people. I know for a fact that China has the oldest people and upholds continuous 'ancient' civilizations dating 6 millennia ago. (T.T") personally, Chinese history is one of the most interesting and fascinating pieces of world history. I mean, almost everything we use were from the Chinese people. Most of the food we eat were inspired by Chinese food. The ideas we have especially in military terms (The Art of War bu Sun Tzu)....China is just wow. Great philosophies, Confucianism, enough said.
Pollution, extortion, violence, and poverty, those are all stages. It will just take one great leader with loyal supporters to change all those. This applies to any other nation as well. U.S.A wouldn't be like this, if it wasn't for China granting their production. Practically almost everything comes from China. (T.T")


I totally agree with you. People always look at China as "The Communist" but they never notice the great accomplishments that China has done.



lets remember the thread isnt about china in general, its about communist china, thats why people are talking about communism

it isnt a thread about chinese culture

people are very aware that theres more to china than communism


China's communism shapes China's culture today so even when talking about politics, culture does matter.
I think that for such a large population, communism is ok to some extent. If you think about it, there are SO many people in China with SO many different opinions on things. There will always be conflicts no matter what, communist or not.

And seirously, America is pretty biased when it comes to China.
1872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/15/08
what bothers me are the chinese people who still beleive in communism and live by their beliefs, but who still think their government and leaders of industry and those who run their factories and big businesses are still communist themselves.

trust me, they live the capitalist high life and enjoy all of the benefits of capitalism while you live with communist restrictions.

(i know not all chinese people are blind to this)

2728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/15/08
umm..paper money was started By chinese^^
7285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/15/08

snottyenglishgirl wrote:

what bothers me are the chinese people who still beleive in communism and live by their beliefs, but who still think their government and leaders of industry and those who run their factories and big businesses are still communist themselves.

trust me, they live the capitalist high life and enjoy all of the benefits of capitalism while you live with communist restrictions.

(i know not all chinese people are blind to this)



But hey, that's when the culture differences come in.

Personally, I really don't know which way to go for. Communist good, or Communist bad?
I'm chinese but I was born in America.
I haven't once lived my life in communist China so I can't make any kind of assumption and other people shouldn't either.
We are learned what we are taught. But we should really learn through experience.

It really is up to each individual and how they prefer their lives.
Posted 5/15/08

snottyenglishgirl wrote:





geeene_16 wrote:

Most of the food we eat were inspired by Chinese food. (T.T")



hot dogs, muffins, oatmeal raisin cookies, pizza, steak and kidney pie, apple pie, mashed potatoes, tiramissu, french fries, fish and chips, the mars bar, roast chicken, the hamburger, the sandwich, suchi, chickin tikka masala, french onion soup, stop me when i hit something chinese

(its a known fact that until we discovered china, none of us ate...)


you forgot ice cream,
Posted 5/15/08

snottyenglishgirl wrote:

what bothers me are the chinese people who still beleive in communism and live by their beliefs, but who still think their government and leaders of industry and those who run their factories and big businesses are still communist themselves.

trust me, they live the capitalist high life and enjoy all of the benefits of capitalism while you live with communist restrictions.

(i know not all chinese people are blind to this)



Hey English Girl, please rectify that sentence so I can comprehend it better.
Posted 5/15/08

goldengoat55555 wrote:


snottyenglishgirl wrote:





geeene_16 wrote:

Most of the food we eat were inspired by Chinese food. (T.T")



hot dogs, muffins, oatmeal raisin cookies, pizza, steak and kidney pie, apple pie, mashed potatoes, tiramissu, french fries, fish and chips, the mars bar, roast chicken, the hamburger, the sandwich, suchi, chickin tikka masala, french onion soup, stop me when i hit something chinese

(its a known fact that until we discovered china, none of us ate...)


you forgot ice cream,


It doesn't matter, I stopped her at her fourth food name.

Posted 5/15/08

azn099 wrote:

china rocks my socks YAY!!!


1872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / united kingdom
Offline
Posted 5/15/08

ohpooey wrote:


snottyenglishgirl wrote:


ohpooey wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:

China is just making up for the times lost of not modernizing itself. Personally, I think China, 5 years or more from now would be the world's superpower. It's obvious they have this tight schedule to get things done and over with, like I said, making up for the time they lost. They're the fastest industrializing country in the world. It was only about 1940's that they really started to modernize their country and culture, and to change age-old traditions and ruling. Just more than a half century ago, and look at them now... Although, their means of production and the way they extort labor is a bit... extreme (?). I think when everything has reached a plateau, the government would start to think more of its people. I know for a fact that China has the oldest people and upholds continuous 'ancient' civilizations dating 6 millennia ago. (T.T") personally, Chinese history is one of the most interesting and fascinating pieces of world history. I mean, almost everything we use were from the Chinese people. Most of the food we eat were inspired by Chinese food. The ideas we have especially in military terms (The Art of War bu Sun Tzu)....China is just wow. Great philosophies, Confucianism, enough said.
Pollution, extortion, violence, and poverty, those are all stages. It will just take one great leader with loyal supporters to change all those. This applies to any other nation as well. U.S.A wouldn't be like this, if it wasn't for China granting their production. Practically almost everything comes from China. (T.T")


I totally agree with you. People always look at China as "The Communist" but they never notice the great accomplishments that China has done.



lets remember the thread isnt about china in general, its about communist china, thats why people are talking about communism

it isnt a thread about chinese culture

people are very aware that theres more to china than communism


China's communism shapes China's culture today so even when talking about politics, culture does matter.
I think that for such a large population, communism is ok to some extent. If you think about it, there are SO many people in China with SO many different opinions on things. There will always be conflicts no matter what, communist or not.

And seirously, America is pretty biased when it comes to China.


china is pretty biased when it comes to america also. that argument flies both ways. at least america doesnt have the same media restrictions though. also if they dont like what their government is doing they have the power to vote that government out.

when you talk about how communism shaped chinas culture are you choosing to forget the cultural revolution which saw so much of chinas cultural heritage destroyed?

also. much of the post you were referring to with regards to culture was referring to chinese culture which was developed PRIOR to communism over several thousand years

maybe you could talk about the cultural changes since communism that were for the better to back up your argument.


noone is saying china doesnt have a great cultural heritage in the arts, food, war strategy (funny this would be a positive, i think if it was american it would be a no-no). they are simply referring to communism, as in the thread title

19498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Use your imaginat...
Offline
Posted 5/15/08

snottyenglishgirl wrote:


ohpooey wrote:


snottyenglishgirl wrote:


ohpooey wrote:


geeene_16 wrote:

China is just making up for the times lost of not modernizing itself. Personally, I think China, 5 years or more from now would be the world's superpower. It's obvious they have this tight schedule to get things done and over with, like I said, making up for the time they lost. They're the fastest industrializing country in the world. It was only about 1940's that they really started to modernize their country and culture, and to change age-old traditions and ruling. Just more than a half century ago, and look at them now... Although, their means of production and the way they extort labor is a bit... extreme (?). I think when everything has reached a plateau, the government would start to think more of its people. I know for a fact that China has the oldest people and upholds continuous 'ancient' civilizations dating 6 millennia ago. (T.T") personally, Chinese history is one of the most interesting and fascinating pieces of world history. I mean, almost everything we use were from the Chinese people. Most of the food we eat were inspired by Chinese food. The ideas we have especially in military terms (The Art of War bu Sun Tzu)....China is just wow. Great philosophies, Confucianism, enough said.
Pollution, extortion, violence, and poverty, those are all stages. It will just take one great leader with loyal supporters to change all those. This applies to any other nation as well. U.S.A wouldn't be like this, if it wasn't for China granting their production. Practically almost everything comes from China. (T.T")


I totally agree with you. People always look at China as "The Communist" but they never notice the great accomplishments that China has done.



lets remember the thread isnt about china in general, its about communist china, thats why people are talking about communism

it isnt a thread about chinese culture

people are very aware that theres more to china than communism


China's communism shapes China's culture today so even when talking about politics, culture does matter.
I think that for such a large population, communism is ok to some extent. If you think about it, there are SO many people in China with SO many different opinions on things. There will always be conflicts no matter what, communist or not.

And seirously, America is pretty biased when it comes to China.


china is pretty biased when it comes to america also. that argument flies both ways. at least america doesnt have the same media restrictions though. also if they dont like what their government is doing they have the power to vote that government out.

when you talk about how communism shaped chinas culture are you choosing to forget the cultural revolution which saw so much of chinas cultural heritage destroyed?

also. much of the post you were referring to with regards to culture was referring to chinese culture which was developed PRIOR to communism over several thousand years

maybe you could talk about the cultural changes since communism that were for the better to back up your argument.


noone is saying china doesnt have a great cultural heritage in the arts, food, war strategy (funny this would be a positive, i think if it was american it would be a no-no). they are simply referring to communism, as in the thread title



k....
Posted 5/15/08 , edited 5/15/08

gazerocksnotdead wrote:


Eudd wrote:


gazerocksnotdead wrote:


FlyinAsian wrote:

Looks like me being the Chinese person around here I'll have to clear a few things up, so many misconceptions about China.

You ARE allowed to have more than one child just that you either have to pay a higher tax (according to my S.S teacher) or something like that. Many people in rural areas have multiple children and don't get fined.

YES we eat dog meat! Is that a problem? ITS MEAT. Cows are sacred to many people from india and yet you americans don't have a problem eating them by millions. Its called different cultures. Also just because i'm fucking chinese doesn't mean I'm going to steal your dog and eat it for christ sakes.

I am against the China's government policies but hell the U.S isn't that much better, nice job getting into a worthless war.


If your comeback to a few comments about dog meat which was said from someone not even in America is too trash talk America you failed. And stop eating man's best friend Humans have meat, No Doesn't mean you should eat it.


What? That was a general statement, it wasn't even directed at anyone specifically. It looks like a person failed at distinguishing the diversity of different cultures. Did he state that he eats dogs? Because I don't think I was experiencing any vertigo. Next time, think more than three times before you say something platitudinous. You need it.


First off was anyone speaking to you ? Secondly I was joking could you distinguish between seriousness and a laughing smiley. Guess not ! Don't quote me again if your comment is platitudinous. *Using big words doesn't mean your post is significant either*


Does it matter if you were speaking to me or not? Are you saying you have the authority to restrict my prerogatives? Secondly, I think jokes really fails in this topic since it CAN be considered racial humors. No, my comment was not platitudinous. Don't use words you're incapable of understanding.


maxxxx4 wrote:
k....


Pathetic post.

First  Prev  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.