First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why is manga so popular?
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/25/08

EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:

Well, it may due with the fact that a lot of anime's suck. And, you can read a full manga in less then 10 minutes and learn if it sucks but with a anime.. man, you got to sit there and watch it.

When naruto started to suck, i gave up on it. When i went back to, i went back to the manga only because.. the manga's are usually much better!


Thats the other thing that's true I guess, manga's don't usually have fillers.



Yup. Its kind of annoying to be dedicated to an anime to suddenly find out that for a couple months, all we're going to be seeing is stuff not related to the real story. With Bleach, it was overly annoying.


In a way though, I prefer bleach's long-story driven filler arcs to the 1-2 episode long stories that naruto was full of during it's filler days.

855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 9/25/08

riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:

Well, it may due with the fact that a lot of anime's suck. And, you can read a full manga in less then 10 minutes and learn if it sucks but with a anime.. man, you got to sit there and watch it.

When naruto started to suck, i gave up on it. When i went back to, i went back to the manga only because.. the manga's are usually much better!


Thats the other thing that's true I guess, manga's don't usually have fillers.



Yup. Its kind of annoying to be dedicated to an anime to suddenly find out that for a couple months, all we're going to be seeing is stuff not related to the real story. With Bleach, it was overly annoying.


In a way though, I prefer bleach's long-story driven filler arcs to the 1-2 episode long stories that naruto was full of during it's filler days.




Naruto's filler days were like months. Either way, I really don't like getting involved in a mini-story that has no meaning to the overall story. If D.Gray Man started fillers, i would probably stop reading it. I just find them to be useless.

Its like, if you have enough time to BS a story, why not come up with a new comic altogether?
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/25/08

EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:

Well, it may due with the fact that a lot of anime's suck. And, you can read a full manga in less then 10 minutes and learn if it sucks but with a anime.. man, you got to sit there and watch it.

When naruto started to suck, i gave up on it. When i went back to, i went back to the manga only because.. the manga's are usually much better!


Thats the other thing that's true I guess, manga's don't usually have fillers.



Yup. Its kind of annoying to be dedicated to an anime to suddenly find out that for a couple months, all we're going to be seeing is stuff not related to the real story. With Bleach, it was overly annoying.


In a way though, I prefer bleach's long-story driven filler arcs to the 1-2 episode long stories that naruto was full of during it's filler days.




Naruto's filler days were like months. Either way, I really don't like getting involved in a mini-story that has no meaning to the overall story. If D.Gray Man started fillers, i would probably stop reading it. I just find them to be useless.

Its like, if you have enough time to BS a story, why not come up with a new comic altogether?


Well like with the bount arc in bleach, would you have known it was a filler? If it was in the manga?
2489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 9/25/08
Same way Comic books become ether cartoon or live action movies which happens in Japan.There was one Manga that surpised me when I first read it was Bakuretsu Hunters I compare the Anime both are way diffrent.Many popular Manga I like for example Blade of the Immortal it took 17 years for that to become a anime while other took aleast others less then 3 for example other Animes like To Love RU it took around 2 years that Manga to become a Anime.
855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 9/25/08

riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:

Well, it may due with the fact that a lot of anime's suck. And, you can read a full manga in less then 10 minutes and learn if it sucks but with a anime.. man, you got to sit there and watch it.

When naruto started to suck, i gave up on it. When i went back to, i went back to the manga only because.. the manga's are usually much better!


Thats the other thing that's true I guess, manga's don't usually have fillers.



Yup. Its kind of annoying to be dedicated to an anime to suddenly find out that for a couple months, all we're going to be seeing is stuff not related to the real story. With Bleach, it was overly annoying.


In a way though, I prefer bleach's long-story driven filler arcs to the 1-2 episode long stories that naruto was full of during it's filler days.




Naruto's filler days were like months. Either way, I really don't like getting involved in a mini-story that has no meaning to the overall story. If D.Gray Man started fillers, i would probably stop reading it. I just find them to be useless.

Its like, if you have enough time to BS a story, why not come up with a new comic altogether?


Well like with the bount arc in bleach, would you have known it was a filler? If it was in the manga?


I remember the filler in the Bleach manga where there were some 'beings' made in SS.. the one right before all this Jazz goin' on now. But, it was in the manga.. So, was there a filler in the anime? I should point out that I've stopped watching the Bleach and Naruto animes a long time ago. I stopped watching Naurto right before the new arc. I didn't want to see Sasori die.. His death pisses me off. Lol.
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/25/08 , edited 9/25/08

EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:

Well, it may due with the fact that a lot of anime's suck. And, you can read a full manga in less then 10 minutes and learn if it sucks but with a anime.. man, you got to sit there and watch it.

When naruto started to suck, i gave up on it. When i went back to, i went back to the manga only because.. the manga's are usually much better!


Thats the other thing that's true I guess, manga's don't usually have fillers.



Yup. Its kind of annoying to be dedicated to an anime to suddenly find out that for a couple months, all we're going to be seeing is stuff not related to the real story. With Bleach, it was overly annoying.


In a way though, I prefer bleach's long-story driven filler arcs to the 1-2 episode long stories that naruto was full of during it's filler days.




Naruto's filler days were like months. Either way, I really don't like getting involved in a mini-story that has no meaning to the overall story. If D.Gray Man started fillers, i would probably stop reading it. I just find them to be useless.

Its like, if you have enough time to BS a story, why not come up with a new comic altogether?


Well like with the bount arc in bleach, would you have known it was a filler? If it was in the manga?


I remember the filler in the Bleach manga where there were some 'beings' made in SS.. the one right before all this Jazz goin' on now. But, it was in the manga.. So, was there a filler in the anime? I should point out that I've stopped watching the Bleach and Naruto animes a long time ago. I stopped watching Naurto right before the new arc. I didn't want to see Sasori die.. His death pisses me off. Lol.


I havn't actually read much further than the first 5 bleach manga, so I'm not sure if/how it was represented in the manga, but yeah the bount filler arc, was about a race of vampire like people who controlled 'dolls', who were created via an accident within soul society. It was around 30 episodes long.

855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 9/25/08 , edited 9/25/08

riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:


riavan wrote:


EddieSen wrote:

Well, it may due with the fact that a lot of anime's suck. And, you can read a full manga in less then 10 minutes and learn if it sucks but with a anime.. man, you got to sit there and watch it.

When naruto started to suck, i gave up on it. When i went back to, i went back to the manga only because.. the manga's are usually much better!


Thats the other thing that's true I guess, manga's don't usually have fillers.



Yup. Its kind of annoying to be dedicated to an anime to suddenly find out that for a couple months, all we're going to be seeing is stuff not related to the real story. With Bleach, it was overly annoying.


In a way though, I prefer bleach's long-story driven filler arcs to the 1-2 episode long stories that naruto was full of during it's filler days.




Naruto's filler days were like months. Either way, I really don't like getting involved in a mini-story that has no meaning to the overall story. If D.Gray Man started fillers, i would probably stop reading it. I just find them to be useless.

Its like, if you have enough time to BS a story, why not come up with a new comic altogether?


Well like with the bount arc in bleach, would you have known it was a filler? If it was in the manga?


I remember the filler in the Bleach manga where there were some 'beings' made in SS.. the one right before all this Jazz goin' on now. But, it was in the manga.. So, was there a filler in the anime? I should point out that I've stopped watching the Bleach and Naruto animes a long time ago. I stopped watching Naurto right before the new arc. I didn't want to see Sasori die.. His death pisses me off. Lol.


I havn't actually read much further than the first 5 bleach manga, so I'm not sure if/how it was represented in the manga, but yeah the bount filler arc, was about a race of vampire like people who controlled 'dolls', who were created via an accident within soul society. It was around 30 episodes long.




Eh, I made a mistake. But, i did watch the Bount arc. :] And, i don't watch the anime no mo', so that may be around the time i quit. Lol. Threw in the towel..
800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/25/08
save time
8969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 9/25/08
Better style, and better story, Plain and simple.
2190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / PHILIPPINES!
Offline
Posted 9/29/08
in my opinion authors of mangas can express emotions than can't be expressed in animes or dramas
83497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Between reality a...
Offline
Posted 9/29/08
Manga is cool since the people look more detailed. At least, the eyes tend to look more detailed.

Also, sometimes manga authors draw these things to make it look all pretty and sparkly. It's cool.
2449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 支仓
Offline
Posted 9/29/08
Anime skips alot, and the Manga is the original piece of work. The directors of the anime also add or change stuff.
6908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 9/29/08
good question . errr ... idk. but it is awesome !
760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / my house...duhhh
Offline
Posted 9/29/08
it just gooood ... once u read it .. u stuck in it ... u love it ..
6811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 9/30/08 , edited 9/30/08
Because the art's better and you get to see the artist get better. (Like KHR for instance. No offense to Amano, but her art was a little...D: now you look at it and it's so utterly beautiful) Plus, there's more story to it and not just trying to get ratings...Also, it's before it. I prefer manga too because it doesn't take as long to finish the series, whereas in anime, you have to watch all that in order to finish it. It's so much easier when you lack time.

....And unless the series like like Code Geass or Darker than BLACK, the manga is the original story and follows what the characters and plot are meant to do from the original artist.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.